** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here

Sir Puntalot

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here latest on sporting odds bad beats. thjis is 4 times this has happened today. My low chip count is due to getting nothing but rags and playing tight to avoid bad beats. what was kaffe doing calling 775 with a pair of twos????? i worry that sporting odds gave him two jacks ...the only cards that could save him. this has happened before when it gave my opponant two jacks on turn and river to give him 4 of a kind over my full house, kings over the two jacks. butcher17 is at seat 1 with 3520.00 kaffe is at seat 2 with 4795.00 gladiator1 is at seat 3 with 2390.00 klopeks is at seat 4 with 2010.00 danno375 is at seat 5 with 925.00 2osingoose is at seat 6 with 860.00 Gipbluff is at seat 7 with 6317.00 BarteLars is at seat 8 with 2990.00 gladiator1 posts the large blind 150.00 kaffe posts the small blind 75.00 kaffe: --, -- gladiator1: --, -- klopeks: --, -- danno375: 6s, 6c 2osingoose: --, -- Gipbluff: --, -- BarteLars: --, -- butcher17: --, -- Pre-flop: klopeks: Fold danno375: Call 150.00 2osingoose: Fold Gipbluff: Fold BarteLars: Fold butcher17: Fold kaffe: Call 150.00 gladiator1: Check Flop (Board: 2d, 6h, Kh): kaffe: Bet 150.00 gladiator1: Fold danno375: All in kaffe: Call 775.00 Showdown: kaffe shows: Js, 2h (a pair of Deuces) danno375 shows: 6s, 6c (three of a kind, Sixes) Turn (Board: 2d, 6h, Kh, Jc): River (Board: 2d, 6h, Kh, Jc, Jh): kaffe shows: Js, 2h (full house) Mainpot: kaffe wins the pot of 2000 with full house (0.00 rake were taken for this hand)

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here

what was kaffe doing calling 775 with a pair of twos?????
I don't think it was that unreasonable for him to call. At that stage he was getting around 3-1 pot odds and you needn't have had much to bet that way with a short stack. But yeah, very bad beat! Unlucky.

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here i know i was beaten by the turn but you see how sporting odds stiffs me every time??? blademan: --, -- lapan: --, -- roger13c: --, -- maverphil: --, -- danno375: 4d, 4h Georgeo: --, -- gymfituk: --, -- EL_Leon: --, -- Pre-flop: roger13c: Call 30.00 maverphil: Fold danno375: Call 30.00 Georgeo: Call 30.00 gymfituk: Call 30.00 EL_Leon: Call 30.00 blademan: Call 30.00 lapan: Check Flop (Board: 4s, 5d, 2c): blademan: Check lapan: All in roger13c: Fold danno375: Call 385.00 Georgeo: Fold gymfituk: Call 385.00 EL_Leon: Call 385.00 blademan: Fold Turn (Board: 4s, 5d, 2c, 3s): danno375: Check gymfituk: Check EL_Leon: All in danno375: Call 290.00 gymfituk: Fold Showdown: danno375 shows: 4d, 4h (three of a kind, Fours) EL_Leon shows: 6s, As (straight to the Six) lapan shows: 10d, 10h (a pair of Tens) River (Board: 4s, 5d, 2c, 3s, 9h): Sidepot 2: EL_Leon wins the pot of 580 with straight to the Six Mainpot: EL_Leon wins the pot of 1750 with straight to the Six

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here Here we go again.... for all those that tell me that i am imagining sporting odds being twisted..... third bad beat of today... i know his pair looked good pre flop but the moron kept calling!!!!! i give up. danno375: Js, Kd Georgeo: --, -- gymfituk: --, -- EL_Leon: --, -- Cakes: --, -- Prego: --, -- Prinz-: --, -- Bazzanio: --, -- maverphil: --, -- szczota: --, -- Pre-flop: gymfituk: Call 150.00 EL_Leon: Call 150.00 Cakes: Fold Prego: Call 150.00 Prinz-: Fold Bazzanio: Fold maverphil: Raise 300.00 szczota: Fold danno375: Call 300.00 Georgeo: Fold gymfituk: Call 300.00 EL_Leon: Call 300.00 Prego: Call 300.00 Flop (Board: Kc, 5h, 8c): danno375: Check gymfituk: Check EL_Leon: Check Prego: Check maverphil: Check Turn (Board: Kc, 5h, 8c, 4s): danno375: Bet 300.00 gymfituk: Call 300.00 EL_Leon: Call 300.00 Prego: Call 300.00 maverphil: Fold River (Board: Kc, 5h, 8c, 4s, 9s): danno375: Bet 600.00 gymfituk: Fold EL_Leon: Fold Prego: Raise 1350.00 danno375: All in Showdown: danno375 shows: Js, Kd (a pair of Kings) Prego shows: 9h, 9d (three of a kind, Nines) Mainpot: Prego wins the pot of 5490 with three of a kind, Nines (0.00 rake were taken for this hand) How are you supposed to play when morons like him call all the way?

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here Yeah Paul......I know that I don't raise too much........ I always thought that settign traps makes more cash......... but that doesn't work!!!! So I became aggressive with a good hand.... still get called with rags and get bad beat... On sporting odds it doesn't matter what I do..... low hands call me ( and others...just watch a tourney and see how many times the lower hand wins) and beat me every time. I have tried to bully, to be taght and passive...... nothing works...... the people that call might think they are in front as above or they must know they are behind but they call and get a christmas present every time. Just for the record... tehre were 2 4 of a kinds in that tourney too.... aren't they supposed to be rare?

Yeah Paul......I know that I don't raise too much........ I always thought that settign traps makes more cash......... but that doesn't work!!!! So I became aggressive with a good hand.... still get called with rags and get bad beat... On sporting odds it doesn't matter what I do..... low hands call me ( and others...just watch a tourney and see how many times the lower hand wins) and beat me every time. I have tried to bully, to be taght and passive...... nothing works...... the people that call might think they are in front as above or they must know they are behind but they call and get a christmas present every time. Just for the record... tehre were 2 4 of a kinds in that tourney too.... aren't they supposed to be rare?
4 of a kinds are supposed to be rare, I'd never seen one until I saw 3 in the same game which makes me think that the cards MIGHT not be entirely random at all times. As a novice myself it's hard to tell you where you're going wrong apart from that IMO the only way for a novice to play is tight and aggressive completely by the book. Setting traps is OK but you have to remember that every card drawn is potentially a help to your opponent. If it's any consolation I went through a period where nothing I did worked. When I looked at my play I realised I was limping in too regularly with mediocre cards and trying to play a mediocre flop meaning I was getting drawn in too often with poor cards and I wasn't playing my good hands aggressively enough.

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here cheers paul! I am a novice too ( in my mind ) but have been playing for a few years. I know how to play by the book, i know how to read the chances of straights and flushes coming....... I also know when people are blagging me ( sometimes!). but even when they are and i call that bluff the cards come out to make there bluff stand up! nothing that you can do i now only play the nuts and i still get beaten on turn and river...... see my post about 3 sixes v a pair of twos above. that situation is happening every single day and in almost every single game! oh well.... won the 5 handed so plugged the hole for a while! dan.

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here Hmmm ..... Danno - Sorry Mate - Prego had cheap cards all the way to the showdown, then the money was piled in, but he'd hit - the perils of slow playing - if you slow play good cards, you're giving your opponent time to hit (and you know this!!!) - someone who Slow Plays, will get "turned over" and suffer a lot more bad beats than someone who plays the cards they have.........

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here blah blah blah!!! does anyone else get fed up of GAF's waffling about you are always wrong and she is always right? Don't you need to get in the kitchen and bake me a pie??? yeah i know this gaf!!! but when i make them pay to see the cards they still pay up!!! i have honestly tried every thing! :P

Guest gazza271

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here "does anyone else get fed up of GAF's waffling about you are always wrong and she is always right?" Trouble is Danno is that "she":tongue2 normally is right!

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here Damn you and damn you all again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 A bloke tries to a little wind up to create a bit of a stir and you bunch of mother hubbards don't bite!!!!! For christs sake..... can't one of you at least pretend to be sucked in and make me feel better????? New topic. Poker is for girls......discuss.

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here att last.....................i win one!!!! a hand that is danno375: Js, Ks cassim2: --, -- Big'un: --, -- jabato: --, -- tporter: --, -- cliffbim: --, -- mottto: --, -- NirenAAA: --, -- cranny42: --, -- F.A.'s.: --, -- Pre-flop: tporter: Call 150.00 cliffbim: Fold mottto: Fold NirenAAA: Call 150.00 cranny42: Fold F.A.'s.: Call 150.00 danno375: Raise 300.00 cassim2: Fold Big'un: Call 300.00 jabato: Call 300.00 tporter: All in NirenAAA: Fold F.A.'s.: Fold danno375: Call 1388.00 Big'un: Call 1388.00 jabato: Fold Flop (Board: Jd, 9s, 3c): danno375: All in Big'un: Call 993.00 Showdown: danno375 shows: Js, Ks (a pair of Jacks) Big'un shows: 5s, 5d (a pair of Fives) tporter shows: 4c, Kd (high card, King) Turn (Board: Jd, 9s, 3c, 8h): River (Board: Jd, 9s, 3c, 8h, Ad): Sidepot 2: danno375 wins the pot of 1986 with a pair of Jacks

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here she did as it goes!"!!!!! and this one!!!!!!! miti: --, -- cefellone: --, -- trust_me: --, -- fcbb: --, -- cassim2: --, -- cranny42: --, -- danno375: Qs, Kh cäm: --, -- Osirus: --, -- Pre-flop: trust_me: Fold fcbb: Call 800.00 cassim2: Fold cranny42: Fold danno375: Raise 3600.00 cäm: Fold Osirus: Fold miti: Raise 12400.00 cefellone: Fold fcbb: Fold danno375: All in Showdown: danno375 shows: Qs, Kh (high card, King) miti shows: Ah, Ad (a pair of Aces) Flop (Board: Qc, 2h, 7h): Turn (Board: Qc, 2h, 7h, 8s): River (Board: Qc, 2h, 7h, 8s, Kd): danno375 shows: Qs, Kh (two pair, Kings and Queens) Mainpot: danno375 wins the pot of 15000 with two pair, Kings and Queens (0.00 rake were taken for this hand) humble pie please, table one

tporter: Call 150.00 cliffbim: Fold mottto: Fold NirenAAA: Call 150.00 cranny42: Fold F.A.'s.: Call 150.00 danno375: Raise 300.00 cassim2: Fold Big'un: Call 300.00 jabato: Call 300.00 tporter: All in NirenAAA: Fold F.A.'s.: Fold danno375: Call 1388.00 Big'un: Call 1388.00 jabato: Fold Flop (Board: Jd, 9s, 3c): danno375: All in Big'un: Call 993.00
Jeez Danno... please tell me the decimal point is in the wrong place and that it should be a couple of places to the left? :eek

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here Real Money I am afraid brael, and the decimal point is in the right place. Now you can see why I was getting upset about being bad beaten. In the last month bad beats have cost me £14,567. Not easy to stomach but I have learnt to take the knocks. I was close to having to sell one of my properties to fund my hobby for a while! Luckily I had a tax rebate for september that covered it, so all is well. Dan

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here Dan, I think you need to start a new thread mate - this is for bad beats on a Cheap / freeroll tables not the WPT!!!:loon :loon :loon :loon :loon :loon :loon :loon :loon :loon :loon :loon :loon FFS, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night, man - I wish you luck in your quest. :ok :ok :ok :ok

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here well i thought that people might not want to trawl through pages of bad beats to get to the latest posts, i know they can just go to last page but not everyone is aware of this. I posted a new thread on bad beats to make it easier as this has been a fun and informal thread but STAFFY has put the stoppers on it. No problem if we don't want a new clean thread but manners and explanations are a thing that seem widespread on here....pity staffy opted for such a curt and dictatorial full stop. A quick mention of why someone is not allowed to start a new thread on an existing topic wouldn't have killed you. If people didn't want the new thread they wouldn't have posted. simple really. shame dan

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here I do not feel we need a new thread dan. We would just be repeating things and you would find people would then post the same thing on 2 threads. Whats the point of that. Not sure why you are taking this personally. No need to place my name in CAPS on the thread. But never mind.