** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

£100 to £100,000 Glory Hunt (34% Complete)

Torque

• Torque changed the title to £100 to £100,000 Glory Hunt (4% Complete)

First match today is Ruud against Norrie and I'm going for Norrie. He's done really well this North American hard court swing and even on a slower hard court I think he's got a chance against Ruud. The h2h suggests otherwise but they can be misleading and I think he's a better player now than the last time they met on an outdoor hard court and where Norrie was an even money shot.

15pts Norrie to beat Ruud @ 2.50 365

3 minutes ago, Torque said:

First match today is Ruud against Norrie and I'm going for Norrie. He's done really well this North American hard court swing and even on a slower hard court I think he's got a chance against Ruud. The h2h suggests otherwise but they can be misleading and I think he's a better player now than the last time they met on an outdoor hard court and where Norrie was an even money shot.

15pts Norrie to beat Ruud @ 2.50 365

Wrong thread, perchance?

• Torque changed the title to £100 to £100,000 Glory Hunt (5% Complete)
  • Torque changed the title to £100 to £100,000 Glory Hunt (6% Complete)
  • Torque changed the title to £100 to £100,000 Glory Hunt (7% Complete)
13 hours ago, Torque said:

Scratching the above. Pretty poor stuff to be 0-0 into the last ten minutes against the team completely adrift at the bottom of the league when you're the team at the top of the league.  

How do you cancel the bet without losing money? Wouldn't the odds be much lower if the match is tied with 10 minutes left compared to the original pre match odds?

2 hours ago, patriotsfan said:

How do you cancel the bet without losing money? Wouldn't the odds be much lower if the match is tied with 10 minutes left compared to the original pre match odds?

If a team was priced at 20 to win the game, what price do you imagine they would be at 0-0 after 80 minutes (in the absence of anything significant like a red card for the favourites)?

I imagine the main mover would be the draw which could well be evens or shorter by this point. The long odds on favourite would have drifted considerably as they’re running out of time to score the expected winner. I assume the underdog will also have drifted slightly or remained at a similar price. That being the case, it would be easy to close out the bet by backing them at the same (or a bigger) price than you initially laid them at.

23 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

If a team was priced at 20 to win the game, what price do you imagine they would be at 0-0 after 80 minutes (in the absence of anything significant like a red card for the favourites)?

I imagine the main mover would be the draw which could well be evens or shorter by this point. The long odds on favourite would have drifted considerably as they’re running out of time to score the expected winner. I assume the underdog will also have drifted slightly or remained at a similar price. That being the case, it would be easy to close out the bet by backing them at the same (or a bigger) price than you initially laid them at.

I've never really bet too much on in play odds. I always assumed the price on the underdog may be lower, since they played the favorite to a draw up to that point in the match, but what you said also makes sense. Maybe I'll take a closer look at in play betting.