** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

£100 to £100,000 Glory Hunt (34% Complete)

Torque

• Torque changed the title to £100 to £100,000 Glory Hunt (10% Complete)
  • Torque changed the title to £100 to £100,000 Glory Hunt (11% Complete)

No goals.

There's times when you bet at short odds and feel hard done by when you hit a loser, but I really can't argue with that result. Possibly the worst bet I've had on this entire thread. Betting on a goal in a match where neither team really had any incentive to score - City because they were so far ahead, and Sporting because they were so far behind was never going to be a good idea. 

I can't even say it was a bad bet with hindsight - it was a bad bet to begin with and if it had somehow won would have been a good example of a bad bet winning, in contrast with plenty of bets that I've placed that I was happy were good but lost.

• Torque changed the title to £100 to £100,000 Glory Hunt
1 minute ago, Torque said:

No goals.

There's times when you bet at short odds and feel hard done by when you hit a loser, but I really can't argue with that result. Possibly the worst bet I've had on this entire thread. Betting on a goal in a match where neither team really had any incentive to score - City because they were so far ahead, and Sporting because they were so far behind was never going to be a good idea. 

I can't even say it was a bad bet with hindsight - it was a bad bet to begin with and if it had somehow won would have been a good example of a bad bet winning, in contrast with plenty of bets that I've placed that I was happy were good but lost.

I’d have liked your post twice if the site allowed it, having backed >1.5 goals. It’s easy to find a reason why the losers lost while treating the winners as a natural outcome (including the lucky bad bets that win) but you’re spot on about this one. Plenty of games with something at stake for one or both teams without sweating on goals in a dead rubber! We live and learn!

• Torque changed the title to £100 to £100,000 Glory Hunt (1% Complete)
7 minutes ago, Torque said:

That was matched before Atletico scored. If it wins, I'll just be adding the winnings to the bank as I've done before. If it goes on to lose then this will be another losing attempt.

Timing not that outrageous, seems reasonable enough to me, a mod can ask for a screenshot if they deem it necessary.

7 minutes ago, JdsGooner90 said:

They are 22/1 to win how can you have got these odds? ? 

A bit quick off the mark with the challenge there! ;)

• Torque changed the title to £100 to £100,000 Glory Hunt (2% Complete)