** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Weekend > Nov 18th - 21st

laligaratings.jpg.55d71a2011adb5928d556c

We generally did well last week. @Sir Puntalot, @BarStast, and @betcatalog all did well with the Malaga result because even though Sporting Gijon seemed an easy target those games can sometimes go tits up!

@mrclubbie, you also impressed with your two picks. It takes a brave man to bet against Valencia, no matter what form they are in!

Can we secure another fine set of wins this round?

• 2 weeks later...

Athletic Bilbao - Villarreal, PICK over 2,5 @2,42 PINNACLE 3/10

Match between 7th and 3rd team in Spanish La Liga will start on Sunday at 20:45 on San Mames Barria. Athletic's last lost on San Mames was on end of August when they were beated by Barcelona with 0-1.Since then they're matches on San Mames finished with results: 2-1 Valencia, 3-1 Sevilla, 3-2 Real Sociedad, 1-1 Osasuna. They have Benat back in squad, and in my opinion he is the best midfielder in team and his creativity will help them to create chances even against tough opponent as Villarreal is. In attack they have no problems, so we can expect Aduriz with Inaki, Munian and Raul Garcia behind him. Villarreal is in great shape in domestic league. They are still holding 3rd place and they're performances are on high level. In last match against Betis they scored two screamers, but missed opened chances, and if they're attackers will be on average level, I am not afraid about scoring goals on San Mames. We can expect tough fight, because those two teams are rivals on table for long years. If I am comparing statistics I can see big advantage in aerial duels for home team. On the other side I think that Villarreal's mentality is little bit higher then Athletic's and I am expecting that they will posses bigger percentage of possession. In my opinion we will watch two strong sides, specially in attack and even if Villarreal conceded only 7 goals in 11 matches, I think that this over/under situation is closer to 50/50 then the odds are showing.

Valencia to win this time round - Should be no mistakes, but I am quite concerned with their weak home form. Hopefully no heartbreaking surprises from them against bottom-table Granada

Sporting Gijon - I am surprised to see Sociedad -0.25 based on their recent performance this season. Thought it should be more than that. I will be wary of this match too.

Eibar look underpriced again this season, but my gut feeling is telling me to stay away for fear Celta are showing signs of improvement.

I wouldn't put anyone off Eibar @ 2.38 Bet365

Valencia 1.30? You'd have to be on some serious medication to take that. They'll probably win, but they have a lot of improving to do and there are much stronger bets at 1.30 than Valencia that's for sure.

FC Barcelona v Málaga CF

FC Barcelona: Piqué (7/2 d), Alba (5/0 d), Mathieu (4/1 d), Vidal (1/0 m)(all doubtful), Suárez (11/8 f, top scorer, suspended), Umtiti (6/0 d), Iniesta (5/0 m)

Málaga CF: Camacho (11/2 m, suspended), Koné (7/0 d), Weligton (1/0 d), Keko (4/0 m), Recio (5/0 m),  Kuzmanovic (4/0 m), Charles (7/1 f)

SD Eibar v Celta de Vigo

SD Eibar: Kike (9/1 f, suspended)

Celta de Vigo: Aspas (11/6 f, top scorer, suspended), Lemos (0/0 m), Orellana (5/2 m), Beauvue (0/0 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

8 hours ago, Sir Puntalot said:

Valencia 1.30? You'd have to be on some serious medication to take that. They'll probably win, but they have a lot of improving to do and there are much stronger bets at 1.30 than Valencia that's for sure.

Indeed indeed

I think Sporting Gijon win/draw double chance looks good

On 17/11/2016, 07:29:37, Mauricius said:

The most interesting match for me is derby in Madrid, I found prediction for one tipster is draw, did you agree with that, or you expect other result?

Atletico Madrid have lost 2 of their last 3 matches but form counts for nothing in a derby match. Atletico hold the better results between the sides over recent years. In the last 6 meetings in La Liga, Atletico have won 4 and the teams have contested 2 draws. Real Madrid have not beaten Atletico in La Liga since 27th April, 2013.

Deportivo La Coruna - Sevilla

Full Event Away -0.25 (AH) @ 2.020 3/10 PINNACLE

Football / Spa. Primera / Kick off: 19 Nov 2016, 13:00

No one outplayed Andalusians in this season. It is true that on away matches they are far from having superior results, but they are playing solid and I believe that results will come too. Deportivo is in bad form. They lose against Barca and Celta conceding 4 goals (it could be 8 against Barca), and play bore draw against Valencia and Granada. Albentosa is back from suspension and will probably start. Joselu stays as only missing, while Laure has some problems and is not 100% yet. Deportivo's biggest problem is in attack. They're hardly coming to chances and against tough Sevilla I expect that it will be even harder. Sevilla with Sampaoli looks great. As mentioned they still have problems with winning away from home, even if they play pretty solid, prepare enough chances to score, there is always something missing to grab the win. They won in Leganes, and I expect them to take another one today in La Coruna. Nasri is still not 100% fit, but will probably play, while out are Tremoulinas and Krohn-Dehli, but Escudero, who is playing on the place of left back is highest rated player of Sevilla. Mercado is available after ban, but will probably be on the bench. In my opinion levels of those two teams are far from the same. Sevilla has good squad and they're goal is to be in top4 and qualify for Champions League. With winning only home matches it won't be enough, so they will need to take all 3 points also on matches like this one is. Statistically they are better in all facts of game, they are much tougher in aerial duels, they are better also individually and if we won't see super motivated Deportivo, what I am not expecting, then Sevilla could take 2nd away win of the season here.

Alaves - RCD Espanyol

Full Event Away +0.25 (AH) @ 1.790 3/10 DAFABET

Football / Spa. Primera / Kick off: 20 Nov 2016, 12:00

Another pick from my list this round. Match between 13th and 14th placed team in La Liga will start at 12:00. Alaves finally stoped series of bad results with win in Pamplona (0-1). They have Deyverson back, but will still be without Laguardia who is injured. Espanyol has some injury problems, but as latest news are showing, all of them except Alvaro Vazquez are ready for the match. Also Duarte is back in squad, so with Piatti, Baptistao, Moreno, Perez, Fuego, and experienced Diego Lopez in the goal.. this team is far from bad. In my opinion bookmakers are overestimating Alaves in this match. They are newbies in first league, while Espanyol is experienced Spanish team which should be better opponent in this match. The question is if Alaves will succeed to score one lucky goal or not. If not, Espanyol can take also all 3 points.