2.10 Arkle Challenge Trophy 2m Chase
2.50 Ultima Festival Handicap Chase 3m 1f Chase
3.30 Champion Hurdle Trophy 2m 1/2f Hurdle
4.10 David Nicholson Mares Hurdle 2m 4f Hurdle
4.50 National Hunt Steeple Chase 4m Chase
5.30 Centenary Novices Chase 2m 4 1/2f Chase

• 3 weeks later...

Arkle Challenge Trophy

Altior has been clipped into 2/1 from 3/1 for winning a 2 horse race today!

I suppose he showed his well being and that he could jump but i'm sure the bookies just squeeze the prices for the sake of it.

Next time out will be interesting and hopefully some opposition.

The Arkle market is looking pretty weak this year i think. Min, Yorkhill and Identity Thief are next in the betting.

58337f4ed3010_ScreenShot2016-11-21at23.1

• 4 weeks later...

Supreme Novices Hurdle

Over the last couple of weeks we have seen some really nice performances from the likes of Jameson, Crack Mome, High Bridge and Capitaine to name but a few.

I'm sure we are still to see one or two more ex-French horses doing their stuff over in Ireland at Christmas but the market is shaping up nicely.

5857a4635b59a_ScreenShot2016-12-19at09.0

Champion Hurdle Latest

It's been a bit weird this season so far for the Champion two-mile hurdlers. Joint favourites Faugheen and Annie Power have been awol since last season and no real definite signs about their return from connections, who insist nothing is untoward. It just baffles me as in previous seasons the Champion Hurdle winner would have had at least one run by now.

The market looks pretty weak without the big two as horses like Yorkhill, Vroom Vroom Mag and Altior are in the top 7 in the betting and none of them have this race on their agenda. With Nichols Canyon looking to step up in trip the race is wide open for something at a price to grab an each way spot.

Over the festive period we have the Christmas Hurdle at Kempton, that brings us another battle with The New One and My Tent Or Yours plus the added attraction of Vroom Vroom Mag and Yanworth maybe? I should think that race will once and for all tell us where Yanworth is heading in March.

In Ireland we have to wait until Thursday fro the Ryanair Hurdle and at the moment that looks likely to go to Nichols Canyon with Faugheen not a definite starter.

Latest odds at Bet365 

585cf88782780_ScreenShot2016-12-23at10.1

Over the festive period we have the Christmas Hurdle at Kempton, that brings us another battle with The New One and My Tent Or Yours plus the added attraction of Vroom Vroom Mag and Yanworth maybe? I should think that race will once and for all tell us where Yanworth is heading in March.

Well Yanworth is definitely going for the Champion Hurdle now after slamming The New One at Kempton. That form alone wouldnt be good enough but it has proved he has the speed for the shorter trip and his stamina will get him up the Cheltenham hill. He looks a typical type as many ex-Neptune winners do.

5/1 with Bet365 at the moment, looks a solid each way bet to me and we still haven't seen Faugheen or Annie Power!

• 3 weeks later...

source R.Post

Champion Hurdle Contenders

Faugheen (best-priced 9-4) the favourite is said to be on track for his long-awaited reappearance in the Grade 1 BHP Insurance Irish Champion Hurdle at Leopardstown on January 29, the race he won by 15 lengths when last seen.

Yanworth (5-1) Sandown's Listed Betfred Contenders Hurdle on February 4 has been mooted as Alan King's joint second favourite continues his journey back to the festival.

Annie Power (5-1) has not been seen since Aintree last year and there's no set target as she continues to recover. She may have to go straight to the festival - if she makes it back in time.

Petit Mouchoir (8-1) a clash with Faugheen in the Irish Champion Hurdle could be on the cards. He would be the one to beat if last year's sensational winner does not turn up.

Brain Power (12-1) has been impressive in two big handicap wins this season and could put his Champion Hurdle credentials to the test by taking on Yanworth at Sandown.

NRNB - Bet365

587e60bb140a3_ScreenShot2017-01-17at18.2

• 3 weeks later...

Faugheen Out Of Champion Hurdle

Willie Mullins has been dealt a hammer blow with the news that both Faugheen and Min will miss the Cheltenham Festival.

Faugheen won the Stan James Champion Hurdle at the 2015 Festival, but an injury sustained after winning the 2016 Irish Champion Hurdle ruled him out of defending his Cheltenham crown.

The nine-year-old has suffered a couple of minor problems this term, meaning his intended comeback was delayed until the Irish Champion Hurdle last month.

However, another issue saw him pulled out of the race 24 hours before the event and while Mullins initially thought Faugheen had a muscle problem, the setback has proved more serious.

"We had hoped Faugheen had just tweaked a muscle, but we've had it checked out and it's a stress fracture," said Mullins.

Min also missed an intended outing in the Irish Arkle at the end of last month and Mullins has confirmed the Grade One winner will also be an absentee in the Cotswolds next month.

He added: "Min has a bruise. Hopefully both will still make the track this season."

Mullins continued: "It's a real shame with Faugheen, we needed everything to go right and obviously it hasn't.

"There are options at Fairyhouse and Punchestown for Min, hopefully he makes one of them, while we'll try to get Faugheen ready for Punchestown."

5898ac5363815_ScreenShot2017-02-06at17.0

Has to be most sub-standard Champion Hurdle since i can remember.

We now have a horse at the top of the market who was on target for the Arkle (Buveur Dair) followed by a horse that was 8th in the Supreme (Petit Mouchoir) and second in the Neptune (Yanworth).

Next up is Brain Power who won a handicap off 149 (last years winner was rated 162!)

I wouldn't put it past some of the tried and tested horses to get involved at big prices like The New One, My Tent Or Yours, Jezki or even Nichols Canyon if he turns up. Remember Punjabi and Hardy Eustace, similar sort of horses.

Champion hurdle 

Petit mouchoir   99.31

Brain power  99.30

Yanworth     99.23

Bueveuir dair   99.22

Almost tie for first place which is unusual for the champion hurdle....Petit mouchoir grd1 win looks excellent on paper ...jumped cleanly and quickly and jockey said after he was fastest horse he had ever ridden over jumps and the clock backed that up so has all the cards as far as I'm concerned ...the 8.0 on betfair is an absolute gift presently

Brain power could be the biggest danger ...has been rapidly improving and hard to tell if he's quite ready to take a champion hurdle but you can't ignore his rapid rise and another step forward would see him bang in contention .....currently priced at 8/1 thats a fair saver with petit mouchoir ....my two against the field 

Petit mouchoir 20pts win 8.0 betfair

Brain power 10pt saver 8/1 Ladbrokes 

Edited by richard-westwood

2.50: Ultima Chase

Top Tip: Noble Endeavor EW 8/1 Bet365

The first handicap of the week is the Ultima Chase and in the recent past has not been a great race for Irish horses. This year I reckon that stat could be a about to change as Noble Endeavor looks to have a fine chance. The 8yo ran in the National Hunt Chase last year and was going well when coming down late on and that form is rock solid. He won a big handicap in December and has been kept fresh since then. Davy Russell has been booked to ride who won this race back in 2007 on Joe’s Edge.

Tom George saddles Singlefarmpayment who was unlucky last time out, he’s a nice progressive sort who looks best of the others and heads the home contingent.

4.10: Mares Hurdle

Top Tip: Limini 5/4 Skybet

Willie Mullins has won this race for the last eight years; admittedly six of those with Quevega but the trainer has a knack of producing talented mares. This time round he is responsible for both Limini and last year’s winner Vroom Vroom Mag and it’s difficult to against either of those. My vote goes to the younger Limini who bolted up in the mares novice hurdle last March and looked to have improved when slamming Apple’s Jade on her comeback run the other day.

Apple’s Jade has to be considered too from the Gordon Elliott yard, she was second in the Fighting Fifth and then beat Vroom Vroom Mag at Fairyhouse.

4.50: National Hunt Chase

Top Tip: Beware The Bear EW 10/1 Boyles

A four-mile chase for Amateur riders so a few of these will have questions to answer. The race often goes to a fancied horse so it may pay to concentrate on the first six in the betting. Top rated and best in at the weights is Edwulf for Joseph O’Brien, he takes a chance or two at his fences so I’m not confident he will get round so my vote goes to Beware The Bear trained by Nicky Henderson. He has won all three of his starts this season and looks made for a stamina test such as this. Flintham and Callet Mad are ones at bigger prices that represent a bit of value.

5.30: Novice Handicap

Top Tip: Its'afreebee EW 9/1Bet365

The closing race on day one is a real puzzle and not been a happy hunting ground for favourites. I like the Dan Skelton runner Its’afreebee and for one reason or another he has been unable to show what he can do over fences so in theory could be well handicapped. 
Of the rest Foxtail Hill and Sizing Tennessee could nick a place on their best form in what looks a trappy end to the day.

Said I was gonna focus on the big hcaps ..,,

Here are my ratings for the Ultima hcap day 1 

Champers on ice   99.12

Henry parry morgan   99.08

The druids nephew   99.04 

Champers on ice could be a good start to the festival ....has everything you want in a big race like this ....looked a good prospect last year when 3rd in the Albert Bartlett so has already proven he can handle the hustle of chelt and took a big step towards that level of form over chases last time and I have no doubt he has been aimed at this and will arrive ready to do business ...trainer is respected and I can't fault the horse ...I was going to back 10pt ew on top 2 rated but this looks an easy choice so I'm going 20 pts ew on that horse alone to see if I can kick the festival off with a bang .....holding back at the mo as he's still 2nd reserve but as soon as confirmed I'll grab the 12/1 if its still there else it will probably be 10/1 ....

Champers on ice 20 pts ew  best available price as soon as confirmed 

1 hour ago, richard-westwood said:

Champers on ice   99.12

Champers on ice could be a good start to the festival ....has everything you want in a big race like this ....looked a good prospect last year when 3rd in the Albert Bartlett so has already proven he can handle the hustle of chelt and took a big step towards that level of form over chases last time and I have no doubt he has been aimed at this and will arrive ready to do business ...trainer is respected and I can't fault the horse ...I was going to back 10pt ew on top 2 rated but this looks an easy choice so I'm going 20 pts ew on that horse alone to see if I can kick the festival off with a bang .....holding back at the mo as he's still 2nd reserve but as soon as confirmed I'll grab the 12/1 if its still there else it will probably be 10/1 ....

Bet365 and some other bookies are at 10/1.

My god I'm coming round to backing My Tent Or Yours each way. Never thought I would come to that conclusion but the race is so weak that his run behind Annie Power looks the best piece of form.

Yanworth has the 2nd best piece of form and should be suited by the stiffer test. Buveur D'air, Brain Power and Petit Mouchoir are progressive but haven't achieved all that much. The latter could well be a triple Grade 1 winner but Footpad got pretty close to him last time, I don't think Nichols Canyon likes Leopardstown and beating Irving in the Fighting Fifth is not Champion Hurdle form.

You would have to be mental to back Moon Racer I think. Miles off what is required and is a novice who comes here off a massive break.

Yanworth might just be too good for My Tent Or Yours but he always runs his race in March on good ground and at 4 times the price looks a bit of value. Will have to see what happens to the market on Tuesday as I can see some of the flashier types being backed in making Yanworth a betting proposition too.

On 11/03/2017, 21:12:56, richard-westwood said:

Champers on ice   99.12

Chambers not running bummer .?......that's thrown a spanner in the works ....I could stick with Henry parry or druids nephew but you know what I may as well take a risk and go for gold .....Anthony is hiding at the foot of the race and I can't forget the way hedemolished the field in the sodexo gold cup .....that shows what hes capable of if hes on a good day ...hes lost his way last two runs so no guarntee he will give his true running but if hes present then nigh on bottom weight and 50/1 ??....ill take that .....similary vintage clouds has been running really well of late and is looking nicely handicapped now ..,has sneaked in here and it would be no surprise if he outstayed these up the hill if hes in the mix so 33/1 looks vastly overpriced .....its cheltenham time to roll the dice 

Vintage clouds 10pts ew 33/1 bet365

Anthony 10pts ew 50/1corals 

On 2017/3/11 下午9:12:56, richard-westwood said:

Le médecin peut injecter un peu de liquide dans les nerfs pour réduire la douleur et l'enflure.Here are my ratings for the Ultima hcap day 1 

Champers on ice   99.12

42 minutes ago, richard-westwood said:

Chambers not running bummer .?......that's thrown a spanner in the works ....I could stick with Henry parry or druids nephew but you know what I may as well take a risk and go for gold .....Anthony is hiding at the foot of the race and I can't forget the way hedemolished the field in the sodexo gold cup .....that shows what hes capable of if hes on a good day ...hes lost his way last two runs so no guarntee he will give his true running but if hes present then nigh on bottom weight and 50/1 ??....ill take that .....similary vintage clouds has been running really well of late and is looking nicely handicapped now ..,has sneaked in here and it would be no surprise if he outstayed these up the hill if hes in the mix so 33/1 looks vastly overpriced .....its cheltenham time to roll the dice 

Vintage clouds 10pts ew 33/1 bet365

Anthony 10pts ew 50/1corals 

Champers on ice should be still running? He is still available on betvictor and bet365 but at 8/1.