** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

August 8 - August 14

Back Reilly Opelka (+2.5) to beat Sergiy Stakhovsky at 2.10 with Paddy Power

Reilly Opelka on the +2.5 games handicap for me here - and it's not only a bet on him, but also against Stakhovsky, who's certainly seen better days and who seems to be in some sort of a decline at the moment. Opelka, on the other hand, is progressing quickly and he was just flying in Atlanta, a form that he should be able to build on in the first match here. His serve is going to make him competitive at the very least.

Rio Olympics : 

5pts G.Monfils Vs R.Silva - Under 19.5 Games Evens Boylesports
4pts J.Millman Vs K.Nishikori - Under 19.5 Games Evens Bet365

Both these two (Gael & Nish) would of been happy seeing Novak go out. It just means if either of them can beat Murray they have a great chance of a Gold medal this year. Both are the kind of player to take a weaker player to the sword and get it "over and done with" Silva is a clay courter who will not be able to cope with Monfils. I'd be very, very surprised if that goes over 20 games. Millman has no form whatsoever and injury concerns and Nishikori is in fine form after getting to an ATP Semi-final.

24 minutes ago, Fader said:

Rio Olympics : 

Both these two (Gael & Nish) would of been happy seeing Novak go out. It just means if either of them can beat Murray they have a great chance of a Gold medal this year. Both are the kind of player to take a weaker player to the sword and get it "over and done with" Silva is a clay courter who will not be able to cope with Monfils. I'd be very, very surprised if that goes over 20 games. Millman has no form whatsoever and injury concerns and Nishikori is in fine form after getting to an ATP Semi-final.

Like the bet on Monfils and will follow.

GL!

3 hours ago, Fader said:

Rio Olympics : 

Nishikori got to an ATP final last time he played if I remember correctly since he beat Wawrinka to get there.

Sara Errani to beat Barbora Strycova for a 7/10 stake at 2.25 with Bet365

Hell I'll take Sara any day here against Barbora. She's got 6-1 head to head and I played hard on Sara in the Dubai final when she met Barbora. And I'll do it again today. Sara was good when taking out Kiki Bertens and it will have given her some confidence and she knows she can beat Barbora.

Back Kirsten Flipkens to beat Laura Siegemund at 2.40 with BetVictor

Siegemund has been a bit of an enigma, rising to the top 40 without getting much attention from the media and fans, but I don't think that she should be such a big favourite here considering that Flipkens looks really motivated and that she has a very tricky game that Siegemund might not be completely comfortable with.

Back Angelique Kerber to beat Johanna Konta at 1.44 with Paddy Power

Konta might have made a lot of progress in this season, but it's still miles below Kerber, who's in a very splendid form at the moment and who's arguably the biggest favourite for the Gold Medal now that Serena is out. Konta also had a very long match against Kuznetsova, which is bound to take its toll. Last match went 7-5 6-2 to Kerber and that was when Konta was peaking, so this shouldn't be too hard for the German.

Rio Olympics :
5pts G.Muller to beat B.Agut 9/5 Marathon
6pts D.Goffin to beat T.Bellucci 2-0 4/6 Betvictor

ATP Los Cabos :
2.5pts H.Zeballos to beat J.Benneteau 2-0 9/5 32red
3pts S.Querrey to beat S.Giraldo 2-0 Evens Paddypower
3pts R.Opelka to beat F.Lopez 3/1 Bet365

Muller looks a good price to beat Agut considering the form differences. Muller is serving well which is key for him and he beat Tsonga quite easily in the previous round. Agut seems to be struggling alittle and has been quite fortunate against lowly ranked players. Goffin looks in top form right now and I fancy him to make light work of Bellucci who doesn't have a very good hard court record this year.

I'll keep the stakes low at Los Cabos. Benneteau hasn't played very well on the hard since 2014 and Zeballos beat Dolgo with ease which bodes well for his motivation here. He's had decent form for a while now Zeb after a very good clay court season and the Argentine can beat Benneteau 2-0. Querrey is a much better hardcourt player than Giraldo and I'm taking him to win 2-0 also. Giraldo has been poor on the hardcourts this year losing more than he has won. Querrey has won the last 3 head-2-heads. Finally, I'm going to take a punt on Opelka again as we do not know how Lopez will play after a abit of time away from the hardcourts. Opelka 1st set may also be a wise punt.

Back Grega Zemlja to beat Marko Tepavac at 1.95 with BetVictor

To be honest, I'm not sure what makes Zemlja the underdog here. Not only is he the better player of the two, but he's also playing at home and this is arguably his best chance to get a Challenger title this year, with a fairly soft draw and good conditions. He won this thing in 2013 and he was the finalist in 2015 (his only two appearances), so I fancy him to beat Tepavac - who's never been a top 100 player - at these odds.

Back Angelique Kerber to beat Madison Keys at 1.57 with Paddy Power

A decent price for Kerber you have to feel, she's been crushing it in the Olympics so far, with an 8-0 scoreline in terms of sets. Keys might have crushed Kasatkina in the previous round and that's all good, but she nearly lost against Suarez-Navarro and Mladenovic before that, so she isn't in a particularly sparkling form. What's more, the H2H is 4-1 in Kerber's favour, with the lone defeat coming in 2014 on grass. This is a much slower surface, so the German should be winning this much more often than not.

Kerber to beat Keys @1.53 offered by bet365

10/10 selection. Who is Keys? Are we serious? I watched her recently against Halep and trust me, this woman has minor mental status

Kerber is my favorite this year, always strong and reliable especially against mentally weak opponents as Keys is

go go Kerber! gimme gimme the money!

10/10

1 hour ago, delfino said:

Kerber to beat Keys @1.53 offered by bet365

10/10 selection. Who is Keys? Are we serious? I watched her recently against Halep and trust me, this woman has minor mental status

Kerber is my favorite this year, always strong and reliable especially against mentally weak opponents as Keys is

go go Kerber! gimme gimme the money!

10/10

Mr Delfino, I can see clearly that you have somewhat of a little bone to pick with Keys over some issue not related to this match. Still, you have to be a little more realistic when dispensing advice as what you say goes on to affect the decision making of others, which could be serious at times. You are talking about a player who has the potential to be No1 in the world???

Been an avid reader for several years and thought I'd join in the act as well, my first post here - 

Nestor/Pospisil O Johnson/Sock @ 5/6 on Bet Fair

Nestor and Pospisil were a bit unfortunate to lose to Rafa and Lopez last night, they couldn't quite step up in the clutch moments but their overall game play was fairly good. Nestor was on fire throughout. Over here, they play fellow North Americans, Johnson and Sock, whose games they are very accustomed to, mostly games with huge serves and a strong forehand. The Spaniards on the other hand mixed it up quite a bit yesterday.

The biggest factor for me however is the fact that Johnson just endured a terribly tough and long 3 set battle with Andy Murray where he ended up losing. He's not only lost a ton of energy physically but also mentally because he was a break up in the final set and couldn't close it out. I think he's going to endure more heartbreak here, especially since there's no way he can be at a 100%. This match up probably suits the Canadians a wee bit since they've played together more often than the Americans and the left/right pair is always an advantage and add to this the fatigue factor, I expect the Canadians to emerge with the bronze. 

Back Janko Tipsarevic to beat Pere Riba at 1.80 with Coral

This should be a good test for Tipsarevic, as Riba will be a step up from, say, Petrovic, but I think that 1.80 is a price that should be taken, as Tipsarevic has already beaten better players since returning to the tour. He wanted to rebuild too quickly, but it seems that he's now out to get a Challenger title and he sounded quite convincing when speaking about that ambition in a recent interview, so I'm happy to give him a go. It isn't going to be as easy as the 2011 French Open meeting between the two (which Tipsa won 6-1 6-3 6-0), but the Serb should be winning this much more often than not.

Back Jason Jung (+3.5) to beat Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo at 1.80 with Betfair

The games handicap for Jung stands at +3.5 here and that's slightly too high in my opinion. First of all, Jung is on a huge winning streak at the moment, fresh off winning a Challenger in Chengdu a couple of days ago. Now - that might be problematic in terms of fatigue, of course, but there's a nice detail here in that he actually beat Ramirez-Hidalgo in the finals there, 6-4 6-2, so there's no reason to believe that he'll be the less fit guy of the two here, especially considering the Spaniard's age. The surface is different here and it should suit RRH more, but the fitness and possible match-up problems should keep Jung in the game throughout and perhaps even see him through.

23 hours ago, liquidglass said:

Mr Delfino, I can see clearly that you have somewhat of a little bone to pick with Keys over some issue not related to this match. Still, you have to be a little more realistic when dispensing advice as what you say goes on to affect the decision making of others, which could be serious at times. You are talking about a player who has the potential to be No1 in the world???

If she becomes number 1 of the world, then my grandmother is astrophysicist

17 minutes ago, delfino said:

If she becomes number 1 of the world, then my grandmother is astrophysicist

Everything is about personality skills and attitude. There are several players with talent and potential. Federer is one however. Why is one? Because of his tennis attitude. 

And i never taking women seriously. What i said about Kerber it was only comparing to keys. I never talk to women in my private life. Men only is my story and friends. Women are other planet which simply i don't catch them. ciao firiend! Please dont take it personally! I am polite man, thnx

Back Janko Tipsarevic to beat Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo at 1.44 with Betfred

Shorter odds than usual, but worth backing imo after what happened on Saturday. Tipsarevic crushed Riba despite being only a small favourite, while RRH should've lost against Jung really, winning only by the tightest of margins in the end. The veteran has been playing for two weeks straight now with a long match against Jung and he'll now be playing against someone much stronger and with no less motivation to win, so Tipsa looks more like a 1.20 shot to me here in all honesty.

Steve Darcis (-4.5) to beat Jordi Samper Montana for a 7/10 stake at evens with Bet365

I can't miss this bet. It has to be good since Steve has covered this line two out of two times winning twice by 6-2 6-2 on clay in France this season not to long ago. Steve loves clay and will most likely be able to cover a -4.5 games handicap. Steve in his current form should cover this easily.

Juan Martin Del Potro vs Andy Murray

Over 35.5 games 4/5 paddy power

Murray to win 3-1 14/5 paddy power

Over 3.5 sets 4/5 paddy power

Well this is the Gold medal match, and i think it will go to least four sets as i feel both players will drop a set, but i dont think we will see a lot of tie breaks, as the conditions allow for a lot of breaks of serve, because of the slowness of the court. The match will be close and the winner will be the one who wins the big points at the crucial times and that would be favourite who will come come out on top

Edited by owenclass