** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Monthly Nap Competition - Sunday 22nd May

Curr 1.55 - Ashadihan - ew at 40/1 bog PP

Irish 1000 Gns

With Minding well odds on there's some fancy EW prices available

I'm going for an english raider from Kevin ryan's yard. She looked a decent 2yo, winning on debut and finishing 2nd at Royal ascot........then the wheels came off on her final outing when last of 9 in the Lowther. She had an excuse after being bumped into at the start and losing her momentum.

Put up a good return to win a group 3 at Lingfield .......she was held up, didn't appear to handle the sharp bend, went out wide then flew home. The jockey said afterwards that she'd have won by 5 lengths on a more straightforward track. Irish Gns was spoken of as the target after that run

6.05 NOTTINGHAM

HIGHLIFE DANCER @ 6/1 Ladbrokes

One of only two CD winners in the race, this one has a decent track record having won and finished second here off todays mark. Back down to that mark of 60 for the first time since his last win. Has won on a variety of ground so no worries if the rain has got in. Interesting that this has been claimer ridden on his last 10 starts but today has De Sousa riding who has a 20% strike rate for the trainer.

Nottingham 6.05 : Shaw Ting @ 12/1 Corals e/w thanks

Shaw Ting....from Michael Appleby yard the 4yo was with Tom Dascombe yard till February this year only finding two 2nd place finishes in the 11 races ran from Dascombe yard,

She's had the three runs for new yard once AW and last two on Turf with that last race here over todays distance 15 days ago when 4th beaten 5.25 lengths , She was up with pace but final furlong saw her one pace ,

The yard are trying visor on for first time so I expect the yard has saw improvement at home and would have worked on stamina and fitness as well , The fact that experience jockey Andrew Mullen is coming in to ride after two apprentices had the rides in first three races for yard

19 hours ago, Trotter said:

Curr 1.55 - Ashadihan - ew at 40/1 bog PP

NR.......very annoying isn't it when you get a NR !

I'll go with Fakenham 2.40 - Fort Babrial - win at 11/4 bog wm hill

Poor handicap chase. My selection won last time out on his first chase start so at least we know he's in good heart. Quite a few front runners here who could take each other on round this sharp track. I'd like to see my horse settled a bit further back and running on late

Ground, track and trip all look OK.......and he's only a 5yo so might have more improvement to come just with experience whereas a lot of these are already in the veteran stage and unlikely to be getting any better