Monthly Nap Competition ~ Saturday 21st May

3.50 YORK

DOCTOR SARDONICUS @ 13/2 Skybet

Looked a sprinter with a future when posting a really fast time on the AW at the back end of last season.  Ran well here last time when staying on.  That run will have put him spot on for today and Spenner in the saddle a plus.

5.40 Curr - Galileo Gold - win at 15/8 Paddy Power

Irish 2000 Gns

Going for Galileo Gold to double up here. Won the English Gns quite convincingly and the form has been franked by the 7th home who went on to finish 2nd (at a respectful distance) in the French Gns

I think it's not uncommon for the best 3yo miler in early May to still be the best 3yo miler in late May and I'm sure lots of horses do the double

Big danger could be Air Force Blue coming back but he ran a shocker at Newmarket and despite the confidence of connections, there has to be a doubt about him now

I like Awtaad who's taken an unusual route here having won a handicap on reappearance. He was then a comfortable winner of a Listed race and looks to be fast improving. On principle I couldn't back a horse for a Guineas that had run in a handicap a few weeks earlier, but he could be a big danger and currently at 6/1 could be an EW steal

2.05 - York - Mister Universe - 16/1 - 0.5 ew - SkyBet

Nicely bred son of Cape Cross. Won 2 on the spin in March of this year off marks of 102 & 106. Flopped at Ascot since off 108 and as a result has been dropped 6lbs in the handicap. Has won here at York previously and seems to take well to the more flat, galloping tracks as he has also performed well at Newbury.

5.40 Curragh: Air Vice Marshall @ 10/1 Coral

Promising as a juvenile and likely to improve this year, excellent run in the 2000 Guineas but probably will come on a good bit for the run. Hopefully the rain stays away from the Curragh as the good ground is in his favour. If he can pull out a bit more he should finish much closer to the favourite whereas it#s hard to trust any of his stable mates. Blue De Vega a likely improver could be a big danger.

5.05 Curragh - Fort Del Oro @ 3/1 BetVictor

I think this is between the progressive front pair who look potentially very smart sprinters and I prefer Fort Del Oro who won really well on her reappearance. I expect her to come on a ton for that and the cut in the ground brought by the rain should pose no problems.

Chepstow 7.20 Sarangoo @ 11/1 Ladbrokes e/w thanks

Sarangoo.....from Malcolm Saunders yard which the family own as well , the 8yo is a C&D winner here in August last year over this distance on heavy going where he raced alone on far side and led from start to finish , Jockey Cathy Gannon has been a regular on horse through the years and won 4 times and various place finishes