Monthly Nap Competition ~ Friday May 6th

2.40 Chester: Cook Islands @ 2/1 Ladbrokes

I really like this lad. Could be top class over 10f. Impressed me on two starts last year, still lightly raced and likely to have plenty of improvement in him. His comeback run is excusable given the horrible ground at Leopardstown that day. Saw him at the Curragh on opening day when Aiden's horses were working after after racing and he looked physically improved, yet very raw. I hope he is a good deal better than what's required to win this listed contest today. 

MR 2.20 - Closest friend - win at 6/4 bog betvictor

Novice hurdle

My selection is a CD winner from the Skelton yard. He won here on similar ground to today. He ran OK again here last time out after a 5 month break over a couple of furlongs shorter - travelled well but faded in the finish. Perhaps come on a bit for the run and the extra tri today should help

Mystic Sky lo0ks the obvious danger as she's about the same level on OR at todays weight but she's been running in Mares races and takes on geldings today

This might be a bit sharp for Eminent Poet who's done his winning on heavy ground

2.10 CHESTER

HILLBILLY BOY @ 9/1 Betvictor

Third in the Ayr Silver Cup over 6f off a 4lb higher mark and has been leading up of late over this trip so should be able to take advantage over this low draw. Hopefully the ground won't get too fast has his best form has come on good or slower. Trainer had a winner here yesterday and targets this local track.