** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Monthly Naps Competition, Sunday 24 April 2016

Gowran 5.10 - Mandarin Monarch - win at 5/1 bog wm hill

Poor day with the Jumps finishing for a few days for it's end of season break and moderate Flat meetings in the UK

Looking to Ireland Gowran has a couple of decent races with some 3yo reappearing on the back of promising maiden wins/runs at 2

My selection is one such having won his only outing last year despite running green and having to battle when taken on in the finish

The Weld favourite is a similar type though has had 2 runs and disappointed in a Listed race 2nd time out after winning a maiden. I guess Weld might have a line as one of his finished 2nd to my horse in that race last year but at the respective odds and not knowing how fit either of them are, I'm going with the one at the biggest price

O'Briens runner could be the F in the O........he had a lot of runs last year but only managed one win and was fairly well beaten in handicap and group company, suggesting he's a lesser light in the stable

2.20 Thirsk

Laila Honiwillow @ 6/1 Paddy Power

Looked a horse to follow when just beaten in 16 runner Auction Maiden at Redcar. The ground was fast that day and could be similar again this afternoon. Disappointed a little at Chelmsford after that but may not have acted on the surface. Lee booked today which is good as he has almost a 20% strike rate for the stable. Money around already which is also a positive.

2:30 Musselburgh Salvatore Fury @ 8/1 bet365 e/w thanks

Salvatore Fury from Keith  Dalgliesh yard my local pup landlord has a small stake in horse and the horse has got the good to firm condition that he likes. The 6yo a winner of six races from 5f to 6f on good to firm and good ground and on the all-weather,