Monthly Naps Comp, ''Tuesday'' 23rd Feb 2016

200 Taunton: Oscar Jane 6/5 Bet365/Skybet

Mares handicap and best to stick to those in good form at the moment. Shoofly Milly improved last time out when fitted with blinkers for the first time, she changed tactics too and led instead of being held up. That may have been the blinkers lighting her up a bit. Anyway she faltered close home and it will be interesting to see what she does here. The selection Oscar Jane also led last time so that could even set it up for something else but i reckon this mare is in the form of her life and should be followed at present. A course winner and goes in the mud and looks the more solid option.

2.30 Taunton

DRIVE ON LOCKY @ 6/1 Laddies

First run in England but has shown a decent level of form in Ireland.  His best form at come on testing ground so should be comfortable on todays ground.  Won off 91 in Ireland so todays 90 is a winnable mark.  His last three runs have been over 2m which on the balance of form looks too sharp for him, he should be more at home over this testing 2m3f.  Has one of the more experienced jockeys on board.

Weth 3.50 - Big Jim - win at 13/8 bog wm hill

Novices handicap chase over 2 miles

Can't get too excited about anything today so I'm just going for the favourite in the novices handicap

He won pretty well last time out when dropped to today's distance and adopting front running tactics. Hopefully can repeat the run today and i think the long home straight at Wetherby should suit horses who stay a bit further, Drops in class and I'm slighty woried that he might be one of those horses that is better in higher grades carrying lower weights

Main rival appears to be Quick Decisson who keeps plugging on to be placed at various distances behind the winner. Ones of his better uns last time but you suspect the handicapper has got home

Retrieve the Stick looks OK but is prone to jumping errors. Probably the main danger with a clear round