** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

WNBL 2015/16

Yeah into the 'black' for the season but still some work to be done in the new year to 'make my nut' ... has been a pretty wild season so far for wnbl standards.. Probably symptomatic of the increasing evenness across the league that's been steadily building over the last year or two.. 

Oz BB, I was up eight units (one unit is usual outlay on a game) by about the end of October, then steadily set fire to ten. Now I'm +5 all of a sudden.

I guess that's where money management fundementals are so highly important and the experience of knowing that good and bad runs are just part of the caper.

It's interesting regards the eveneness. If I just woke from a three month sleep and had a stab guessing the ladder based on rosters, I'd surely have Canberra somewhere in the hunt, even with the news Jackson was down. Four of the five starters are WNBA players or draftees.

• 2 weeks later...

Canberra +12.5 @ 2.00

Have lost just one in last six games by more than seven points. The break should do Canberra no harm and with Bendigo still hampered by injuries the margin is at least a strong chance to be within single digits again.

43 minutes ago, binomial said:

resurfacing of the million dollar fiasco could have them in poor spirits. although maybe jackson was the cancer and her leaving could lead to a new lease on...

my leans are sydney, seq and adelaide. 

Would never accuse Jackson of being a toxic influence on a team but I certainly think the whole "will she or won't she" thing has been a big negative for Canberra over the last couple of seasons.. Or at least Canberra appears to have let the whole thing side track them .. I'm not about to tell a legend like LJ she should retire but surely her virtual perma-injured state over the last three or so years and her age are starting to talk pretty loudly.. In any case, Canberra really should have waived Jackson well before now and moved on imo... 

Watched Canberra live last week and much of the team were forever in two minds about what they should do, rather than just going bang with obvious plays. The good thing for me was they have that much talent that they magically cover anyway.

Tonight, Perth @ 2.20 & +2.5 @ 1.91

Bit of weighing up to do with Sydney's tenacious spirit yielding a 3-0 run over wounded opposition in each. They should be keen to get off to a better start tonight but I've a lot of respect for Perth program. They've been strong on the road and I've marked them a slight favorite.

New they were gone once jumped to 0-7 lead! :\

Tonight, Adelaide-Dandenong UNDER 148.5 @ 1.90

Adelaide #3 is perhaps skewed by who the've played, while lowest ranked Rangers are 2-8 after the opening month, depicting the smothering defence they play.

Sydney @ 2.25 & +2.5 @ 1.99

Thought I was looking at odds wrong way around because was prepared to take some odds-on. Rangers have lost just the one at home (Towns) and knocked over Sydney (20) & Perth in consecutive weeks but both had off nights IMO. They back up on no rest and are prone to run out of fizz . As we know, Sydney are good at coming from behind and also the better team IMO.

Bendigo -6.5 @ 1.90

Have had a couple of players hampered by injury but seem a better outfit (than had been) of late and I think they'll be ready for Boomers this time. Penaluna doubtful to play and Madgen still battling (by reports) injury, so I suspect Boomers could find it hard to maintain the fight they've showed of late.

Canberra - Perth OVER 150 @ 1.90

Canberra are deceptively higher than they might seem IMO. They are 10-6, Perth 9-8 and both have played a decent share of low teams and usually go over in similar company. Hopefully Lynx will get their act together off a couple of poor shooting nights (Canberra's defence can be awful). Probably won't be helped out by any OT, however!

Added Dandenong - Sydney UNDER 150 @ 1.91

Drifted to a number I couldn't resist.

Edited by Ashtee

A lot of laundery going on here!

Impressive by Rangers. Would have definite claims if playoffs were held now. No Penaluna & effectively no Madgen, hillarious how Bendigo fell for it a third time. Townsville too! Was their chance to prove are refocussed for the run home. Doubtful they can win it IMO.

^ Yeah, I made the game in D'nong a pk so told myself I had to play Sydney at +3 but I really didn't like it given I'd (we'd) played the Flames at the same number vs Melbourne and +5 @ Bendigo over recent weeks... value didn't seem there against a team that's 7-1 at home.. in the end the push was extremely lucky. 

Watching the early part of that game in Bendigo the word "frauds" was coming to mind vis a vis the Spirit ... Sneaking home by 7 against that toothless Boomers lineup after proclaiming how angry they were going to play just doesn't stack up... And Townsville just seems to need a reason to get out of bed, so to speak ... Maybe with a boot up their arse after losing a derby game they'll feel like showing up next weekend.   

• 2 weeks later...

Today;

Townsville -23.5 @ 1.94

Townsville reportably prepared strongly to respond off loss. Stallworth should be back but strong chance we get a repeat freefall from Caps.

Adelaide +13 @ 2.00

Margins previous meetings were 13 & 8, where in the latter Perth at home only broke clear very late. I expect Perth to be a little more ready for them today, despite likely down two starters but Adelaide on a positive weekend can provide a challenge.

Dandenong -2 @ 1.98

Rangers, in response to a loss, should win this easily. I'm bamboozzled by the plunge on Melbourne. Unless three Ranger starters are mysteriously out, the match would need to be fixed for Boomers to win IMO and I don't believe that happens. :unsure

Melbourne - Dandenong UNDER 145.5

Playable number for the best defensive team in the comp. Previous meetings were 144 & 146 but Rangers defence has evolved, for 2-8 of late and they should bring it off the way they lost Friday. Melbourn'e (#7) totals of late have been a bit higher than expected, so I'd lean to passing up the current 143.

Melbourne missing a centre and most likely a point guard against Dandenong and odds dropping for them ? You would think the money would be Heavily weighted to Dandenong.

The total seems off as well. I know Dandenong are playing a double this weekend, but Melbourne should score 75 or more points this game, They have had enough games to adjust to the missing players. 

Edited by tom2tom