** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

WNBL 2015/16

Involved both games today too;

Townsville -13.5 @ 1.90

Flogged on the track after they only showed up to unfurl the pennant last week. Should take Canberra's very best to stop the bet covering.

Bendigo -5.5 @ 1.92

Hopefully they've got the bad season opener out of the system for now and they should be strong at home. Tough for Perth to travel and back up on a short turnaround.

On the other hand would have been a bit lucky to win it given it was 70 all i believe then Townsville threw it in reverse.

Cairns could be ok if Tragargh, Worthington and Laughton start playing well but they look pretty terrible at the moment to me.

GL today not that keen on anything at the moment.

Dandenong Women look tempting this evening. Well tbh both teams have started off the season well. dandenong are about 1.30ish to win but the spread is -6.5 , i know its a new season but last season Dandenong both bet the spread so we could see something similar unless you think Bendigo have a serious chance of causing an upset? look forward to your thoughts.

Bendigo -12.5 @ 1.95

A great offer on Bendigo on the rebound at home. I don't really need to wait on more evidence of how well Canberra are going. Price shouldn't last.

Townsville -16.5 @ 1.92

A couple of fighting tries by Adelaide so far but Townsville are a fairly reasonable team. Had a bit extra, given this cap is clearly much too low.

having a little trouble going with bendigo on a back to back when they have no bench and got beaten by 32 last night, 

but as you say they do tend to play well after a loss and canberra don't appear to have any defence and i have them -85.5 vs the line in four games so going to play it.

SEQ -22.5 @ 1.90

SEQ have demonstrated already how well drilled they are and I suspect the coach will push them to not take it easy. Very low 'cap given that Adelaide are pehaps on a downer weekend and even if they do bring more fight.

Perth @ 3.20 & +5.5

I actually make Perth favorite. Rested team at home hunting an unbeaten opp, should be improved gelling as a team and match Rangers asset regards their depth of bench.  

tough losses there.

Canberra's average losing margin is 20+

they have only scored 70 once

zavecs retired during the week

montgomery showed up yesterday so unlikely to offer much

that said i am tempted to play them. they competed with bendigo for 3qs, with bishop only scoring 4 points. both sides are pretty short on numbers 

Certainly on paper Townsville look stronger than Dandenong - Pickrel playing, I believe. I've just enough respect for how Rangers are going to stay out. Good luck, binomial! :hope

Form surrounding the hot & cold Bendigo is probably unsafe to line up and Canberra did implode once Bendigo got going. Still, I see Canberra jumping up and snatching a win somwhere. Boomers hungry for win also and decided there wasn't a value bet on the match.

Bendigo -11.0 @ 1.90 (averaged bets)

Seventeen, at home, where they gave it best shot over a weary Sydney was Adelaide's closest loss. Dodgy Bendigo but they were good Friday which suggests they've brought a solid road weekend. Adelaide should do well to stay under twenty.

With you on Bendigo (-12) .. absolutely hate the play but had to do it by my numbers (marked them -20 pt favourites)

just as I suspected, spirit completely disinterested, lazy, pathetic  .. congrats in advance to adelaide on their first win of the season. 

never again with this team as favourites, they're just taking the piss nowadays 

Edited by Dog&Under