** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

WNBL 2015/16

So SEQ is going to finish out the season, sans Billy Idol as their coach? 

Wonder if we'll get a market for tonight's game or - Putting the horse before the cart - if the game is even going ahead? I doubt the Stars would've travelled 

Edited by Dog&Under

I think lack of crowds / support was a reason for their troubles.. Tough to make a call on this game, you'd expect the team to want to make a statement to repay the faith but their preparation will have been terrible - basically non existent 

Edited by Dog&Under

Tonight;

Dandenong @ 2.35 & +2.5 @ 1.95

Should see a desperate Flames again but they may well be outclassed again by the very impressive Rangers, who are one of just three teams currently that can win champioship IMO, looking to secure a good finals spot.

Townsville -9.5 @ 1.92

Townsville have their problems beating anyone by ten but get their chance tonight, even though the bench will see plenty of minutes.

Yeah marked Towsville -15 favourites for this ... Any injuries for Perth ? Line opened right where I pegged it at -8 but has moved to -6 .. strange for a short-handed team on b/b with a tonne of travel 

Lean Sydney if anything in the other game purely on the desperation factor for Sydney, who have two less than winnable games remaining so this one is a biggie. Need to look / think closer at that game though, the absence of Swords could be sorely felt in this matchup 

I marked the Perth game near to it's current mark but didn't dive in this morning. Happy to sit back.

Rangers into fave with Pinnacle.

Leans to the unders on both the early games but decided to stay cautious, so together with also reneging the NBL under there's no doubting what never fails to happen here.

I don't think even the biggest of back doors is big enough for that offensively challenged boomers to sneak inside in the second half .... 

Having had a closer look at this late game, underestimated the Stars' recent run, particularly on the road, they've been strong.. Lynx haven't exactly been cold blooded killers of late - last week really doesn't count. THinking there has to be an OUT for Perth given this line movement, other than Louella 

All things being equal, still think its a skinny line for SEQ who aren't deep and starts all logged big mins last night and had to fight all night 

Edited by Dog&Under

Some SEQ players obviously are in better shape now than they had been (along with Lynx & Rangers I think they can win it, only for the finishing possy) and I agree, Lynx aren't exactly blowing the league apart at present but by what I can glean, should be better prepared than Adel were. Tired and still somewhat jerked around SEQ has got to make it tough.

Just now, Ashtee said:

Bit surprised you weren't on (Fire) or was it the line movement that got you? Can't blame you but. A hard team to trust this season.

Yeah asleep at the wheel ... when I looked at the markets this morning I didn't have my notes in front of me and mistakenly thought the Fire -10.5 was right where I marked .. didn't realise until a bit later when I checked that I had them -15 but even then just got cold feet given the look-ahead for Townsville and the boomers ability to be feisty at home. Should've just played my numbers because earlier in the week when I set my numbers I remember feeling very strong about Townsville and set a big line accordingly. 

Oh well, will see what tomorrow presents.

Nice night for you - sweep them up !  

^ oh and yeah, the line movement did throw me off, even though it had only gone to -11.5 (from -10.5), I HATE buying into a line knowing better value was available earlier - even if there is still a decent edge from where I pegged a line. 

Netball is probably the only sport where I let that slide at times.