** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

WNBL 2015/16

Yeah, good coach and always give a fight.

As we know, there's nothing strange about a team thinking they've got an easy win, only to fight tooth and nail in the end but it is strange that a constant deluge of money backs Boomers in from +4 to pick at one point.

Currently one game between top and fifth, with SEQ two back but game in hand.

Had a dip at predicting final ladder. Thought in terms of percent probability rather than earmarking wins. Factored current injuries but bearing in mind full extent of injuries will become a factor.

Of course, it will end up nothing like it after a result or three throws everyting around. Perth on shakey ground for top due to splits.

Perth   16+ (P-T 0-2, P-B 1-2)

Townsville   16 (T-B 0-2, T-D 2-0)

Bendigo   15+ (B-D 1-1, B-Q 2-1)

Dandenong   14+

SEQ   14+ (Dand & Bend have splits, others open)

Sydney   14 (S-D 0-2, others open but tough)

Adelaide   8-9

Melbourne   8

Canberra   0-2

Adelaide -3 @ 1.90

Boomers mounting injury problems and this shouldn't be too hard for Adelaide to cover even if are down a little off a tough weekend and the workload Mitchell has had to cope with.

Edited by Ashtee

I kind of felt the same way about Adelaide, thought they should be heavy favourites, only thing that worries me is they are shooting at a pretty low %, they will need to keep banging those boards and getting lots of second chance points to keep in the clear. 

Yes, a little gun-shy after got sucked into (the not so motivated) Townsville over Canbera last week. Although Canberra have a better squad on paper than Boomers tonight. Can't find an update on Lavey's fitness but I'm happy with this number regardless. Perth -13.5 @ 1.90

Bendigo @ 2.60 & +4 @ 1.94

I'd expect Rangers response off a slack weekend but Bendigo look fit and well placed, despite always aware of dodgy factor. A couple Rangers under injury cloud but I made Spirit no worse than evens, even if Blicavs is OK.

Yeah line was right where I marked it for that game (dan -4)... need a really strong case for me to back bendigo week to week .. moto with them this season seems to be invest only when their stocks are lowest ..

Lavey is back tonight btw, was announced earlier today.

Edited by Dog&Under

Hair pulling moment was turnover at 0:34 when Griffen should have got to line to go two down but the play went six down instead. However, great defence & systems Rangers have - eight was a fair result IMO. Think I mentioned couple weeks ago they were good enough to win it IMO, just that getting top-2 is problem given Perth & Towns both have the split.

14 minutes ago, Ashtee said:

:ok Never really barrack for it but often I'd rather these ones even at HT than cruising 15 up.

100% .. those dual voices in your head, one cursing the lack of lead at HT, the other reassuring you that their coach is stripping the paint off the walls during the break and shit is gonna get real in the 2nd half 

Edited by Dog&Under

what on earth is this term / clause in DeNesha Stallworth's release from SEQ to Canberra that she can't take the court against the Stars? Is this WNBL or the west wyalong wednesday night workers' league ? 

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/basketball/canberra-capitals-import-denesha-stallworth-leaves-negative-energy-in-queensland-20160128-gmgcpe.html

she sure doesn't think much of her former team 

Edited by Dog&Under

Canberra +2 @ 2.40 Pinnacle

Won after QT last week against Townsville. Adelaide could be weary on second leg of consecutive road weekends, where they've been up for each game. Best part of this bet is Caps can keep their flawless losing record and I still win. Took quarter of the stake +4 @ 2.03

I really want to take Canberra in this spot, especially with the money pouring in for Adelaide but geez it's hard to know whether this team even wants it anymore ... 

Leaning Sydney in the later game but again, what version of the Jeckyl & Hyde SEQ stars do we cop today?

They either win on a sniff of inspiration or lose doub digits again, which is why I was always thinking odds but rather than taking 2.60-2.70 I thought +2 was a good deal - perhaps more likely get done on a last play rather than close a losing gap.

Same with Sydney game, as you say. Don't fancy the cap but leaning to Flames win odds but wanting it to drift somewhat.

Edited by Ashtee