Grex's HOMES; 525 selections; +5.6% yield

Grex

Re: Grex's HOMES; 421 bets; +7.1% yield Grex;2407420 haha, well most of the english league plays catenaccio now, so understandable typo anyways bit of skid, but feel that now we're at the point where books will make you pay for wins, so hopefully this closes out strong cheers

Re: Grex's HOMES; 421 bets; +7.1% yield [QUOTE=fakesociedad;2407605]haha, well most of the english league plays catenaccio now, so understandable typo anyways bit of skid, but feel that now we're at the point where books will make you pay for wins, so hopefully this closes out strong cheers[/QUOTE] [FONT=comic sans ms]Had to look this one up in Wikipedia.... "Catenaccio or "The Chain" is a tactical system in football with a strong emphasis on defense. In Italian, catenaccio means "door-bolt", which implies a highly organized and effective backline defense focused on nullifying opponents' attacks and preventing goal-scoring opportunities." There's a few teams, e,g, Man United, who haven't yet got the message. [/FONT]

Re: Grex's HOMES; 423 bets; +6.9% yield [QUOTE=Grex;2410534][FONT=comic sans ms][SIZE=2]A slight recovery...... [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=comic sans ms]Not trying to make excuses for Lazio's loss, but this could have been a contributing factor http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26509338 Sort of lost their home advantage [/FONT]:lol[/QUOTE] I feel that this is a valid excuse. Curious too how this system would deal with similar situations like this or in situations where home advantage is a non-factor obviously Inter AC at the San Siro, this is worked into the odds and rarely will you ever have one of those teams as a heavy favorite, but lets say the Derby Della Lanterna. Sorry if this has been discussed previously in this thread

Re: Grex's HOMES; 428 bets; +7.3% yield [FONT=comic sans ms]Hi Fakesociedad..... thanks for your comment. To be honest, I didn't understand your comment, until I realised that the San Siro is the home of both Inter and AC Milan. I would imagine the reason there is never a strong favorite in Milan derbies is that both teams have, for many years, been near the top of Serie A (until this year ;)). I assume that the "home" team in Milan derbies receives the vast majority of tickets and therefore has a distinct psychological advantage. As for Sampdoria-Genoa ("[COLOR=#333333]Derby Della Lanterna"), I suppose the situation is different. The system does not take into account such complications as home advantage being a non-factor. The selections are simply based on home adds being 1.45-1.80 as published by Bet 365.... nothing more, nothing less. This weekend, there are just three selection (no derbies involved)..... [/COLOR][/FONT]

Re: Grex's HOMES; 437 bets; +7.0% yield [FONT=comic sans ms]We are at that time of the season when we approach the last 6 rounds of matches. And, as everybody knows :p, the system stops at this point. The EP has already reached that stage..... the IA has the last round over the weekend. So, the last selections of the season, below. It has been a very poor season.... I will post some overall statistics when I have time - but they won't make good reading. As with previous seasons, I will try to keep the "unofficial" selections going until the end of the season. [/FONT]

Re: Grex's HOMES; 441 bets; +7.4% yield Thanks, Cmoi. Unfortunately, this was a rare winning streak this season :\[FONT=comic sans ms] At least we finished the season with a profitable weekend. As I said before, that's the end of the official selections for 2013/14. Let's hope for better fortunes in 2014/15 [/FONT]:hope

Re: Grex's HOMES; 444 bets; +7.5% yield Hi Grex; first of all, your system is great. We learn a lot of things from you, really. 13/14 season is over for official selections; can you explain a summary report for this season and maybe all other seasons? (won/lost and profit statistic about EPL&IA...) Thank you.

Re: Grex's HOMES; 444 bets; +7.5% yield [FONT=comic sans ms]Thanks, Galats :ok I usually do this type of analysis at the end of each season. I'm a bit busy at the moment, but will post the stats when I can find some spare time.[/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
Re: Grex's HOMES; 444 bets; +7.5% yield [FONT=comic sans ms]A bit off the topic..... one of the reasons I stop the system with 6 rounds to go is that it usually heralds the start of the Serie A "silly season", with some games obviously "pre-arranged" and draw odds plummeting as low as 2.00. However, this season, it isn't happening.... all recent draw odds have been around the normal 3.00 and above. Has Serie A suddenly come "clean", or is there another reason? :unsure Even further off topic - it looks as though Man United's disastrous season will end on a high note. OK, I have a lot of sympathy for Moyes - he is totally out of his depth - but he has to go before he causes irreparable damage. Can you imagine his performance in the transfer market this summer, with +100 million to spend.:loon The Grim Reaper behind Moyes in the photo was spot on...... [/FONT]

Re: Grex's HOMES; 444 bets; +7.5% yield [FONT=comic sans ms]As I promised earlier, a summary of the overall performance of the system to date. First a graph showing the Bank since 2009/10 season:[/FONT] And a statistical summary: [FONT=comic sans ms]The downward trend since the end of the 2011/12 season continues. Also worth noting that Serie A, once the over-performer, let the system down this season with a negative yield for the first time. Shall we see what next season brings. Have a great summer..... and enjoy Brazil 2014, whichever country you support [/FONT]:clap

• 1 month later...
Re: Grex's HOMES; 444 bets; +7.5% yield Just realised that I did'nt post the unofficlal selections for the end of the season, i.e. the last 6 rounds of matches. The performance actually wasn't bad - a small profit, but a small decline in yield. In fact the performance was better than the official selections for the season :\

• 1 month later...
Re: Grex's HOMES; 444 bets; +7.5% yield [SIZE=2]Thanks, Steve. Yes, the EPL starts in two weeks :nana[FONT=comic sans ms]. However, the system doesn't kick-in until after six rounds have been played. So, EPL selections won´t start until 04 October, and Serie A on 19 October. I hope you can contain your excitement until then [/FONT];)[FONT=comic sans ms] BTW, as with my ELO thread, I seem to have lost all my graphics in previous posts. My previously-free image hosting site has decided to start charging, and appear to have cut off my previous uploads...... nice people [/FONT][/SIZE]:puke[SIZE=2][FONT=comic sans ms] I have all the images on my hard drive and, when I have time, I will start uploading them using another genuinely free site. If anybody has any suggestions regarding a good, dependable site, please let me know.[/FONT][/SIZE]

Re: Grex's HOMES; 444 bets; +7.5% yield Awwww, Grex, that's really awful experience... :\ I had similar experience two times, first time with Fotopic, second time, recently, with cx.com; both were free, and decided to close their services, but both of them informed me about that, and I had 1 month to get files off their servers, so I didn't lost anything, and didn't get surprised... Grex;2453332 Phew, not only you will have to upload your files, but you need also to change links in all your posts... :\ It's difficult to recommend another service, I don't want to be responsible for your troubles if you listen to my advice, and they decide to shut down the site, too... :lol Anyway, if you want to use another similar free service, and are fine with possibility that they may close the work any day, I'd recommend http://anony.ws or Dropbox - I've been using the first one for almost a year, I think, and they have been good so far, while the later one is pretty popular and doesn't look like shutting down! Though, I'd recommend two more options for you to consider. First is your own site. Domains start as low as 4 eur for year (country code domains, like .in, .us), while for 10 EUR a year, you may choose from variety of so-called Top Level Domains, inlcuding .com and .net. Shared hosting, that should be sufficient for your images, can be found for 5 to 10 EUR a year, although its quality is questionable; if you want really good hosting, you need to cash out at least 50 EUR a year; I don't think you would need it, as it's not disaster if your images go offline for a half of hour here and there. Though, there is an interesting hosting company, called No Support Linux Hosting; their approach is this: hosting companies spend a lot for their support - that's what customers notice first, they want fast response 24/7, and you often hear they complain that no-one replied to their support ticket for one hour - they want it within minutes! However, their questions are sometimes stupid, like "My site no worky, why that?", or not related to hosting provider, like "How do I install Joomla?" - it's not their job to install Joomla for you. So, idea of No Support Linux Hosting is to invest in good servers and fast connection instead of support staff, so you have good quality hosting, but you'll have to diagnose your site or install Joomla yourself. I have had an account with them for about a year, and I can say that they indeed keep their promises about quality of hosting, for 12 USD a year. The problem is, you need to know how to setup and maintain the site, at least the basics. Finally, you will need a script to upload and share images, but there are tons of free ones out there. I have been using Code Future for years, and it has worked great for me! Bottom line of this option is that you can have your own image hosting site for about 20 EUR a year. Second option is Google Drive (ex Google Docs). You can upload your spreadsheets there and publish them on website, it's just one step more complicated than uploading an image... Hope you'll find reliable solution, so we can enjoy the tips once the season gets underway! :ok

Re: Grex's HOMES; 444 bets; +7.5% yield [FONT=comic sans ms]Thanks for the comprehensive advice, Froment :ok The strange thing is.... when I log into PL from work (Google Chrome), I can see the previous images..... when I log in from home (still Google Chrome, but a different laptop) I cannot see them. Very strange :unsure Anyway, I am afraid most of your suggestions were way above my ageing head (as an Administrator, you know my age ). I tried one of your simple suggestions, and tried to sign up with anony.ws. They said a confirmation email had been sent to my email address - but it didn't arrive (I tried twice). I will try another hosting site and see what happens.[/FONT]

Re: Grex's HOMES; 444 bets; +7.5% yield Well, I have tried to register once more at Anony.ws now, and I received registration mail immediatelly... The only thing I can think of is that those mails ended up in your spam folder, have you checked it? Anyway, there is a lot of those image hosting sites nowadays, it's just a matter of roulette to choose the reliable one... :\