Nap of the day 11th April

Re: Nap of the day 11th April 4.15 Aintree - Pineau de re EW @ 25/1 BetVictor (6 places) Need plenty of luck to win this one but I wouldn't be surprised to see another big showing from this horse as long as he isn't brought down or falls. He won nicely last year and has been put up 8lbs by the handicapper but this will have been the target all season and I have no doubts he will be absolutely spot on. I like the trainer and jockey and I don't think it's as hard to go back to back now they have changed the fences.

Re: Nap of the day 11th April A4.15 Monbeg Dude 1pt e/w 50/1 Bet365 This one ran no sort of race at Cheltenham but the feelling was that the horse didn't like the first time tongue tie. That's been ditched now and I can see the horse putting in an all or nothing type performance here and at the price, I'll take a chance that it's the former. The horse is by Witness Box and that sire has produced some really useful horses with bags of stamina like Take The Stand, Colbert Station and Godsmejudge. I like the jockey booking and the horse tips plenty of boxes on the trends. The horse has the winning form over 3 miles plus on its record and is a Welsh National winner. I think Carberry might have overplayed the waiting game when finishing 7th on the horse last year and with a better ride, the horse might go better with 2lb less on its back.

Re: Nap of the day 11th April 5.10 Aintree - 1pt win Baltimore Rock @ 12/1 (Ladbrokes) Ran reasonably well for seventh at Cheltenham but that was his first run for a while and in fact, his last two runs have come off the back of an absence. Hopefully he'll strip fitter for this as he'd have a huge chance on his form from last spring. He won a strong imperial cup (runner up now rated 20lbs higher, Vibrato Valtat back in third) and then ran well here behind Josses Hill in the top novice event. Everything looks in position for a big run now back at a track that will suit.

Re: Nap of the day 11th April 4.15 Aintree: Mon Parrain EW 66/1 bet365 Be rude no to go for one in the greatest show on earth! I have sneaky feeling for Mon Parrain, just think Sean Bowen is the story this year, just qualified to ride this week and is full of confidence. The horse has been round here before and ran well and Nicholls is in great form. Big price worth a nibble.

Re: Nap of the day 11th April Aintree 4.15 - Spring Heeled (E/W, 28/1 BetVictor) So many horses who make the shortlist and I've backed three of them in the race (Soll, Rocky Creek and The Druids Nephew all make my shortlist!) but I'll go each way on Spring Heeled as I feel at these odds offers very good value. Other then luck in the National what you need is a good jumper and Spring Heeled certainly fits that bill, a winner at the Cheltenham Festival in 2014 where he beat Cause Of Causes in the Kim Muir in a big field and proved he can handle a big handicap with two of his last few runs in fact finishing 5th of 19 and 4th of 22 two runs back in the Galway Plate where he finished behind Road To Riches. Probably needed his last run out and should be all the better today, like a lot of these though this marathon trip is a question mark, the furthest he has ever gone is 3 miles 5 at Sandown in the Bet365 Gold Cup and He did stay on a bit towards the end but this trip will take him into unknown territory but with a bit of luck who knows!

Re: Nap of the day 11th April National rocky creek @ 9/1 ladbrokes obviously with a great deal of luck this one should go very close.... The McCoy factor has given me an ok price as would otherwise no doubt be favourite. 10lb well in, been round before, seams a different horse this season, trainer in form, jockey flying, conditions should suit.... Game on!!!!

Re: Nap of the day 11th April 6.20 Wolverhampton Avidly looks worth a try over further however she isn’t the most resolute sort and is clearly still a maiden for a reason. The first time blinkers seemed to bring about some improvement last time out but more required today. Brown Pete has dropped to a dangerous mark but has failed to capitalise on that yet in 2 runs so far this year and needs to bounce back. Olivers Mount has caught the eye the last twice finishing of his races well however all to late including over this CD last time he has now dropped to 2lb below last winning mark and his turn may well be soon based on his last couple of runs. Senor George is an interesting runner appeared to just about stay this sort of trip over 1f shorter at Southwell recently which is a testing surface and then run 2 fair efforts over shorter and is another well worth another try at this sort of trip. He remains 2lb below his only win and Spencer is an eye catching booking. Weybridge Light might be the safest option though with no stamina doubts, he used to run really well at the original Great Leighs winnings off much higher marks. Has won over this CD on old surface off a lower mark than today however has since run really well on this surface too including last time out when not being ideally placed. Apprentice takes off a handy 5lb which makes him look dangerously well handicapped. 1pt win Weybridge Light 6/1 bet365

Re: Nap of the day 11th April 2:50 Aintree I think you have to pay attention to any Pipe runner in first time headgear and his classy hurdler Un Temps Pour Tout gets the blinkers on today. Although he has a bit to find looking at the World Hurdle the course was watered plus 2ml of ran fell which is definitely in his favour as the ground at Cheltenham on Thursday looked too quick for him. He's only had a few starts for Pipe and if the slower ground and blinkers help bring improvement he's got a good each way chance. Un Temps Pour Tout - 0.5pts each way @ 10/1 Bet365

Re: Nap of the day 11th April 1.15 lingfield whoopsy daisy could hit the money today, as apparently working well coming into the race for luke dace, and showed fair enough promise on debut for willie haggas last season. will come on for the run today, but its not a strong looking race, so with connections hopeful of the horse being a fair sort, it may be worth having her today at a decent price. 0.5pts ew 20/1 bet365 bog