Nap of the day 10th March

5.05 Southwell Tactius could go close if coping with this surface, 3rd off a 2lb lower mark on penultimate start before running a tad below best on return to maiden company last time out, this surface also a concern. Steuben is a hard one to work out, landed a gamble over CD in August after a lengthy layoff but has since disappointed back on turf and over jumps and return to this course needs to bring out a lot more. Carlanda had been going the right way until last time out when she refused to race which is a major concern now. Cascadia is another last time out winner however he is running 3lb out of the handicap aswell as a 6lb penalty. This looks a stronger race on paper and might have his work cut out here. Le Deluge was a comfortable winner over a furlong shorter around here last week in a 5 runner apprentice handicap on first start for this yard. Another apprentice takes over claiming a further 5lb with him running off the same mark, potentially very well handicapped on his very best form. 1pt win Le Deluge 9/4 bet365

Re: Nap of the day 10th March Mr Elliosn sends out just the one runner with a good up and coming pilot, its also his only ride of the day and he combo are sure to go close, the 7yr old gelding has yet to score from 14 attempts but was a good 2nd here on the 3rd March. Back Burner looks the only Danger but Mr Elliosn looks to have searched and found a very good opening for his gelding to get off the mark. 17:35 Southwell - Serenity Now. 1pt Win Bet @ Sp

Re: Nap of the day 10th March 1.30 CH: Supreme Novice Hurdle Verdict: Both Willie Mullins and Nicky Henderson think they have a star on their hands with Douvan and L’Ami Serge and I’d be surprised if something else in the line up is better than these pair. Douvan is very short in the betting so the value has to be with the Henderson horse who did win the Tolworth and the stables only Grade 1 winner. L’Ami Serge 1pt 7/2 >Betfred

Re: Nap of the day 10th March C4.00 L'Unique e/w 20/1 Coral Despite being 20/1, this one is 4th favourite of the 15 runners and I'm having trouble seeing how this one won't finish in the frame - I've actually backed it at just over 3/1 on the place market on the exchanges. The horse was a close 3rd last year which was a cracking effort for a 5-y-o and stats wise the extra year is a major positive this time around. The drying ground will also benefit this horse more than some of the others.

Re: Nap of the day 10th March 2.40 chelt ned stark @8/1 ladbrokes Runs for the race sponser from a yard who loves to have a handicap winner at the festival. yard loves this race and this one has the unexposed profile that suits. conditions should be fine and with a bit of luck it should go close

Re: Nap of the day 10th March Un De Sceaux will win this. Full stop. He looks a superstar in the making, and while I was still a bit unsure before his last run at Leopardstown, I'm now pretty sure he is the real deal, after slaughtering two smart rivals in breathtaking fashion. If he jumps well tomorrow, and I don't see any reason why he wouldn't, then he must rate "banker material". Main danger should be progressive Vibrato Valtat. He always seems to travel well and nowadays also seem to finds something off the bridle. Not sure if he really would stick his neck out in a tough battle up the hill though. Clarcam finished a long beaten runner-up to UDS recently, but if ridden with more restraint, he may finish in the money. Looking elsewhere for a bit of value, I particularly like the 40/1 for God's Own. He comes here as a fresh horse which seemed to work best for him in the past. The last two runs were poor but he didn't have the ground he needs to be seen to best effect. That should be different tomorrow and he should show a much improved effort. God's Own @ 40/1 PP - EW

Re: Nap of the day 10th March 4.40 Cheltenham Cause of Causes @ 8/1 Betvictor Looks to have been laid out for this from a stable how can really "get one ready". Has twice been placed at the track and really should have won last year but for a last fence blunder. Longer trip should aid his jumping and has always looked a stayer

Re: Nap of the day 10th March Cheltenham 2.05 - Un De Sceaux (1pts win, 8/11 BetVictor) Absolutely dotted up on his last two starts in Ireland and his only blemish was a fall at Thurles when he looked in command. Beat Smashing by 12 lengths at Fairyhouse in December before beating a horse he reopposes here Clarcam by 15 lengths lto at Leopardstown. I don't think this race is that deep and Un De Sceaux stands out as possibly a class above these.

Re: Nap of the day 10th March Cheltenham 5:15 - Knock House WIN @ 16/1 Paddy Power Finished ahead of Generous Ransom when 2nd behind Stellar Notion at Kempton on Boxing Day, and the 3rd that day has come out to win nicely here at Cheltenham since and is the 2nd favourite for this race, so the Channon horse could be a bit of value.

Re: Nap of the day 10th March 2.40 Cheltenham - 1pt win Barrakilla @ 12/1 (Bet365) Looks made for this race after staying on well to retake 2nd at this venue when last seen. That came over shorter, however, when thundering home behind an enterprisingly ridden winner and is a consistent type. Looks on a fair mark to say there's more to come over this sort of trip and has had a break since his last run - he goes well fresh and if staying on his feet I think he'll be bang there at the finish.