** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

February 23 - March 1

Re: February 23 - March 1 Shocking stuff from Murray alright. I had to leave the house unfortunately otherwise I would have thrown a few quid on Coric halfway through that first set as I could see Murray wasn't in the zone, but he's turned it around before after a shocking first set, so declined once I knew I wouldn't be able to see the rest of the match.

Re: February 23 - March 1 Ryan Harrison to beat Ivo Karlovic 2.65 @pinnacle I think this is where the road ends for Karlovic. He's been doing a lot lately and this could be where his streak ends. Ryan has done nothing wrong so far and he's not to be underestimated here. His game looks like when he was on the rise and Ivo might get some problems with that. Ryan is solid from the baseline and I got a feeling that he can find a way to win this. He will surely not make such mistakes on his own serve like Lajovic did.

Re: February 23 - March 1 Last week was great, this one is bad. Still, two for me today. Back Tomas Berdych (+1.5 sets) to beat Novak Djokovic for a 7/10 stake at 3.13 with Pinnacle I don't exactly fancy Berdych to win, he still has the tendency to crack under pressure whenever he gets the lead (like he did against Wawrinka and Murray), but he can stay with the best outside those situations, so I like his chances of giving Djokovic a good fight today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/berdych-vs-djokovic-betting-tomas-berdych-can-trouble-novak-djokovic-in-dubai-on-friday Back Caroline Garcia (+1.5 sets) to beat Maria Sharapova for a 4/10 stake at 2.88 with Pinnacle Back Caroline Garcia to beat Maria Sharapova for a 3/10 stake at 6.50 with Ladbrokes Sharapova with some stomach problems, she didn't even go to the press conference after her match against Rybarikova, so Garcia looks worth a punt here, especially since she's yet to drop a set this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/garcia-vs-sharapova-betting-caroline-garcia-looks-value-against-the-struggling-russian

Re: February 23 - March 1 Back Ryan Harrison to beat David Ferrer for a 4/10 stake at 5.18 with Pinnacle Worth a smallish punt I'd say, Harrison on a bit of run since his 2-1 loss against Nishikori in Memphis and he has troubled Ferrer in the past. The Spaniard has also played a lot of tennis recently and finished quite late in the previous round, so chances are that he's going to be slightly sluggish as well. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/harrison-vs-ferrer-betting-ryan-harrison-to-continue-his-giant-killing-run

Re: February 23 - March 1 Back Caroline Garcia to beat Timea Bacsinszky for a 7/10 stake at 2.33 with Pinnacle I'd rate Garcia slightly above Bacsinszky quality-wise, so I'm happy to give this a go at odds so well above evens. The fact that Sharapova retired might be a slight advantage or a slight disadvantage, there's no way of telling really, but I'm struggling to see the reasons for Bacsinszky being the favorite here really. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/garcia-vs-bacsinszky-betting-caroline-garcia-looks-value-in-the-acapulco-finals

Re: February 23 - March 1 Back Viktoria Azarenka to beat Lucie Safarova for a 7/10 stake at 1.50 with Pinnacle Safarova still tends to struggle in pressure situations and this will be one of those, so I'm not sure that she'll be able to keep things together throughout the entire match. Azarenka, on the other hand, should be able to do that just fine and she's been playing well all week long, so I believe that she's going to capture the title with relative ease today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/azarenka-vs-safarova-betting-viktoria-azarenka-to-capture-the-title-in-doha-on-saturday

Re: February 23 - March 1 Small punt on Roger Federer @ 2.75 to win today. It will be close enough for him at least, I am sure of that. Conditions in Dubai are quite fast and Federer enjoys it the most. Match will be at 19:00 local time and Federer enjoys when it is not so hot. Wind will not be a factor as well, so ball will not bounce that high (not good for Djokovic usually). Djokovi wasn't that convincing against Berdych even though the first set was a 6-0. Federer looked good against Verdasco and Coric, and will come by fresh in his legs. Last couple of matches between them have been close, I expect the same from this one but I also expect Federer to show up in decisive moments as court conditions suit him.

Re: February 23 - March 1 Back Juan Monaco (+1.5 sets) to beat Rafael Nadal for a 5/10 stake at 3.41 with Pinnacle If Monaco can put the friendship behind (which I'm not sure he can, so lower stakes are recommended), he should have a chance of getting something in front of his home crowd. He lacks power, but that doesn't seem to be a requirement for troubling Nadal right now, and who knows what would've happened yesterday had Berlocq taken the first set from a 6-1 lead in the tie-break, so yeah, this is probably Monaco's best chance of beating Nadal on clay he's ever had. And his recent results suggest that he could have a shot. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/monaco-vs-nadal-betting-juan-monaco-might-be-able-to-stop-rafael-nadal-in-buenos-aires

Re: February 23 - March 1 Juan Monaco (+1.5 sets) to beat Rafael Nadal @ 3.460 Pinnacle Juan Monaco (+6 games) to beat Rafael Nadal @ 1.909 Pinnacle Monaco has a terrible record against Nadal on clay, but he probably wont ever get a better chance to push him as the Spaniard doesn't seem to be firing right now. In most of Nadal's recent matches his opponents have had chances, so it's reasonable to suggest that Monaco will too. Whether the Argentine can take them remains to be seen, but at these prices I think it's worth taking a chance. Monaco has been in the doldrums in recent times, but he's a good player and if everything comes together for him in front on his home crowd and if Nadal continues to perform below his best this could be closer than previous matches between the two.

Re: February 23 - March 1 Disappointing end to the week. Here's my figures for this week. Gilles Muller (+1.5 sets) to beat Andy Murray @ 2.780 Pinnacle -1.00 Gilles Muller (+4.5 games) to beat Andy Murray @ 2.000 Pinnacle +1.00 Fernando Verdasco (+1.5 sets) to beat Roger Federer @ 3.150 Pinnacle -1.00 Fernando Verdasco (+5 games) to beat Roger Federer @ 1.854 Pinnacle Kei Nishikori (-5.5 games) to beat Yen Hsun-Lu @ 2.030 Pinnacle +1.030 David Ferrer (-5.5 games) to beat Marinko Matosevic @ 1.869 Pinnacle -1.00 Richard Gasquet (+1.5 sets) to beat Roger Federer @ 3.090 Pinnacle Richard Gasquet (+5 games) to beat Roger Federer @ 1.787 Pinnacle Juan Monaco (+1.5 sets) to beat Rafael Nadal @ 3.460 Pinnacle -1.00 Juan Monaco (+6 games) to beat Rafael Nadal @ 1.909 Pinnacle -1.00 ?-2.97.