** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Stoke City v Manchester United > Thursday January 1st

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Stoke City v Manchester United (12:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.51 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Stoke City v Manchester United > Thursday January 1st Manchester looked scary bad in the second half of Tottenham match. While my sense tells me that 2.00 is a solid play here I might not go in because I am scarred from the startlingly low-quality play in United's last game.

Re: Stoke City v Manchester United > Thursday January 1st United looked great upfront for the first 45 mins when Valencia was on the right but in the 2nd 45 mins van Gaal just killed the tempo with Rafael.They looked very defensively and showed no intention to attack.If Valencia is fit to play iw ill be on AW because United will have too much for Stoke,s sloppy and slow defenders.

Re: Stoke City v Manchester United > Thursday January 1st 4pts Over 2.5 goals 11/10 BetVictor I think this will be a competitive match because Stoke love punching above their weight but they don’t have the defensive quality to stall the better attacks so I’m expecting a bit of an end to end feel about this one especially if there is an early goal. Stoke games aren’t always high scoring but this one could be so I will take over 2.5 goals at odds against especially as United could easily score 3 if they are on song. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/stoke-vs-man-utd-betting-2015-can-kick-off-with-a-few-goals-at-the-britannia

Re: Stoke City v Manchester United > Thursday January 1st Strange game for United against Spurs. Free kick that's going in, with Lloris watching, hits defender, comes off post, and is not tucked home. Falcao with 2 chances, van Persie with 3, Young with big 1st half opportunities. Mata kicks one from 8 yards out that is probably still circling the earth as a satellite :D . van Persie puts a left footed volley into row Z. Spurs could easily have been 4 down at HT. But what goes around, comes around. United had 2 shots against Arsenal, both went in. Not many more against Saints, same story. Balances out, and just was not their day to win. What amazed me was how poor United were with dealing with the Spurs forward press in the second half. The back 3 or 4 players could simply not pass their way out of trouble. Aimless sideways and backward passes, finally funneled back to de Gea who booted it up-field. Horrible to watch, and while van Gaal blames fatigue, it's really a lack of ability and quality. I think this is a game they will struggle in. Physically they are a small team, and Stoke's physicality will pose them a tough challenge. United have 2 wins on the road all season, in games they could easily have lost or drawn. Something is not right with their away tactics, team setup, playing style, mentality ... 2 (lucky) wins in 9 is a bad return. Leicester have 2 wins, WBA have 2 wins, Villa have 3 On the fence here , may take in play bet

Re: Stoke City v Manchester United > Thursday January 1st

my sense tells me that 2.00 is a solid play here
I was thinking the same - and Man United have a good recent record at Stoke. They will certainly be well supported, and it's an easy trip for their team and fans.

I would want to support Stoke but unfortunately their home form is really not convincing at all.... 4W 1D 4L this season... Last season, their home record was 10W 6D 3L
Utd have clearly improved, but there's nothing convincing about their away record, either. My feeling is that when a match pits two sides with a combined dozen players out, each playing their third match in seven days, the result is probably a lot more variable than 4.3 on the home side would indicate. Moreover, if you break down past years' Christmas weeks by first match (Christmas or Boxing Day), second match two or three days later, and third match (New Year's Eve or Day), you see underdogs performing quite well. Stoke don't match up all that well to Utd with its potent attackers, but we all know about the home side's defensive efforts over the years and historically good home record. I haven't decided yet between X at 3.5 or HW at 4.3, but leaning toward the latter. Greedy.

Re: Stoke City v Manchester United > Thursday January 1st di maria should be back for this game and as we know rooney, van persie, falcao, mata have made a huge difference here for man utd. stoke have pulled some surprising wins over everton, tottenham and arsenal but i don't see them turning man utd. man utd have far superior attacking players and they will be eager to make up for their poor finishing the other night. i think man utd to win it 3-1

Re: Stoke City v Manchester United > Thursday January 1st Dunno what to make of it, the odds on United cleary represent some value at least, but Stoke has played some decent football in the past weeks, outplaying United in at least 2 of 4 halfs played. Their wins over top teams could be "surprising" as you stated, but they have produced good performances in the past 5 games. I would really like to see where does Van Gaal plan on putting Rooney this time around. If he will be played up front with Van Persie, then I will back goals surely, with over 2,5 being @ 2.10 (bet365), which smells of value to me. If Van Gaal plans on using his "brilliant swaparoo" then I am backing DRAW @ 3.60 (bet365). Frankly I am unimpressed by Van Gaal and his time at the helm. Im no professional but a manager who spent tens of millions on four LB players, while having swiss cheese-a-like central defensive line is hardly Premiership winning material, but that is just my opinion.

Dunno what to make of it, the odds on United cleary represent some value at least, but Stoke has played some decent football in the past weeks, outplaying United in at least 2 of 4 halfs played. Their wins over top teams could be "surprising" as you stated, but they have produced good performances in the past 5 games. I would really like to see where does Van Gaal plan on putting Rooney this time around. If he will be played up front with Van Persie, then I will back goals surely, with over 2,5 being @ 2.10 (bet365), which smells of value to me. If Van Gaal plans on using his "brilliant swaparoo" then I am backing DRAW @ 3.60 (bet365). Frankly I am unimpressed by Van Gaal and his time at the helm. Im no professional but a manager who spent tens of millions on four LB players, while having swiss cheese-a-like central defensive line is hardly Premiership winning material, but that is just my opinion.
It is a building process, his target this season is Top 4, nothing else. Also doesn't help when he has been plagued by injuries all season, he fielded the same 11 for the very first time against Spurs, just shows how unlucky he has been on the injury front. Considering the horrendous start to the season, I think he has done a brilliant job to get them up to 3rd heading into the New Year. Although I agree he should have concentrated on the defence first and foremost, I am sure that will be done between now and the end of the summer. It's hard to criticise a manager when he has gone on a 9 game unbeaten run with a rubbish defence. Getting onto the game itself, I think United will win, Stoke have been woeful at home this season, they aren't the Stoke of old that closed up shop and hoofed long balls and long throws into the box constantly, they try to play ball which should make it less of a physical test.

Re: Stoke City v Manchester United > Thursday January 1st Today we've seen great performance from Stoke City. In my opinion they were definitely better and their attacks were suprisingly dangerous. I expected here United win, maybe not smooth but still win. I'm looking forword to their meeting with Arsenal on 11 January.

Strange game for United against Spurs. What amazed me was how poor United were with dealing with the Spurs forward press in the second half. The back 3 or 4 players could simply not pass their way out of trouble. Aimless sideways and backward passes, finally funneled back to de Gea who booted it up-field. Horrible to watch, and while van Gaal blames fatigue, it's really a lack of ability and quality. I think this is a game they will struggle in. Physically they are a small team, and Stoke's physicality will pose them a tough challenge. United have 2 wins on the road all season, in games they could easily have lost or drawn. Something is not right with their away tactics, team setup, playing style, mentality ... 2 (lucky) wins in 9 is a bad return. Leicester have 2 wins, WBA have 2 wins, Villa have 3 On the fence here , may take in play bet
United look terrible. One paced, unsure, slow, just plain boring :zzz They created almost nothing in the game. Defensively it's a shambles. Jonny Evans is out of his depth. Just horrible game after game. I have never seen so many hesitant sideways and back passes in a game. Idiotic wing back formation just not working. Tactically it's a huge F__K-up ! It as if people are so scared to make a mistake that they don't try anything ! All the United great teams have been built on the back of great central defenders. Rio Ferdinand, Jaap Stam, Garry Pallister, Steve Bruce, Vidic . Go and buy one !!! The current back three look as shaky as royal jelly.