** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Australian Open 2015

Re: Australian Open 2015 Peng Shuai to beat Maria Sharapova Peng Shuai to win a set Like a well bred race horse who has run his race under a lot of cover thus far, I strongly believe Peng looks prepared to be switched out wide for a winning run, and there are many positive vibes behind this suggestion. One only has to look back to her 2014 US Open form where she unfortunately had to pull out injured. For anyone who had the chance to see her play then, there would have been no doubt in your mind that it certainly was grand slam winning form on display. She looks like she has continued here where she left off and is yet to drop a set so far. Whilst her record against Sharapova may not look encouraging, I still have to feel super confident about her chances of winning considering that Sharapova herself is seemingly struggling and there to be shot at. The consistency and weight behind the refurbished ground strokes of Peng will surely give Sharapova all sorts of problems. All my analysis is based on the belief that Peng has a realistic chance of winning. I am more than happy to take it for granted that she will win a set. Good luck all!!!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Australian Open 2015 3/3 yesterday! Finally!! Tamara Korpatsch to beat Katerina Vankova(10k Kaarst)@2.25,bet365, 4/10 Korpatsch has been on fire lately. Datumg back to november her last two tournaments she had wins over players like Lizarazo, Bacquie, and wta 100ish ranked Pfizenmaier and only lost to De Vroome and an in form Coin in three sets. I think she mist have had a nice offseason becausr she came back eith unbelievable fast game and high confidence as I had the chance to watch her play today against Lottner and yesterday win over newcomer Rueffeer. She has won 7 matches here, winnin 14 sets in a row and only 1 set was close yesterday 75 the rest 13 was 63s and 62s. She was serving around 80% success rate with her first serve the past two games, she was almost faultless today as Lottner was another inform player (beaing Vankova last week btw) but Korpatsxh easily dispatched her, being better in every aspect of the game. I think Vankova is a good player and also think she will play better and better and this is a final that usually I dont touch, but she was struggling vs Daniels and also Morderger 64 in the third and I think she is not in a great form looking at her results. I firmly believe looking at the numbers and the way Korpatsch has been playing (beat Pozhnikirenko, Grammatikopolou and Lottner as good players imo). Go easy on it its a final! GL! I will update my units and a hell of a shit january first 2 weeks will come to an end, but hopefully I can finish it with a nice run! Next week with full throttle, we have enough ITF to announce the real start of the betting season for me! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Australian Open 2015 Nick Kyrgios vs Andreas Seppi over 40.5 games 10/11 paddy power 5 sets 21/10 skybet This looks like five setter to me I could be wrong but these two are playing well and there is not much between them his opponent had a great win over Federer but im worried he may not do it again but i still think it will be a tough match for Kyrgios Yanina Wickmayer vs Simona Halep over 18.5 games 8/11 paddy power over 2.5 sets 11/4 paddy power Halep is favourite for this match but opponent has a good record against her so maybe the first set might be a bit tight but Halep has improved a lot since they last played against each other so expect her come through but her opponent is playing well so it wont be easy

Re: Australian Open 2015 Ralina Kalimullina to beat Aida Kalimullina (Aktobe 10k Q)@1.72, bet365, 5/10 How low can we go right? 10k kazah qualification.... BUT when there are sisters playing eachother (twins!) that are pretty much the same level, I always start digging. I have found that Ralina might be a tad better by her results. She actually has wins over Cepelyte and Prograbnyek 300 and 200 itf junior, so that means that she can play some. Her younger sister has shown almost that as well, but, and this is the main reason Im betting on Ralina here, Aida has won their only h2h last september. Speaking also from personal experience, it is very likely that this record will go to 2-0 for Aida, as sisterly and brotherly love becomes an even bigger rivalization factor and when there is some revenge to be done, especially imo on the slightly better sister's side, than I will bet on that! Go easy coz these girls are pretty low level....

Re: Australian Open 2015 Lidziya Marozava to beat Marianna Zakaryuk (Andrezieux-Boutheon 25k Q)@2.75, bet365, 3/10 Marozava has beaten Knoll in the first round, a 260 player who has beaten her twice last year. That is an implication of some major improvement and also when we look at Marozava's results, its clear that indoor hard is her fav court. Zakaryuk also likes the hard court, but the end of last year was concerning to me when she finished the year 2-3 and last time she retired in the second round and lost in the first round to a clearly worse opponent. This might be a factor here although it was in december. I think Mraozava can be on a higher mental state after beating Knoll and maybe the surface suits her better as well, in the worst case scenario this is a pick 'em and we are getting 2.75, which we must take here. One time they played and Zakaryuk won, but that was 4 years ago... GL!

Re: Australian Open 2015 Back Madison Keys (-4) to beat Madison Brengle for a 8/10 stake at 1.84 with Pinnacle Too big a gap I'd say. Brengle beat Vandeweghe because the latter didn't really show up - if Keys does, this could be over pretty quickly in my opinion. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/keys-vs-brengle-betting-madison-keys-has-what-it-takes-to-crush-madison-brengle-in-melbourne

Re: Australian Open 2015 Back Dominika Cibulkova to beat Viktoria Azarenka for a 7/10 stake at 2.85 with Pinnacle Cibulkova has the game to frustrate Azarenka, so I'm happy to have a play on her at this price. Azarenka looked beatable in her match against Zahlavova-Strycova - and Cibulkova seems to be playing better than the Czech right now. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/cibulkova-vs-azarenka-betting-dominika-cibulkova-looks-value-to-upset-viktoria-azarenka-tomorrow

Re: Australian Open 2015 Back Guillermo Garcia-Lopez Total Games - Under 13.5 for a 8/10 stake at 1.89 with Pinnacle Wawrinka looked really good against Nieminen and Garcia-Lopez has no real weapons to hurt him, so fancy this to be quite one-sided. After all, the Swiss number two will be a massive step up from Pospisil&Gonzalez. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wawrinka-vs-garcia-lopez-betting-stanislas-wawrinka-to-continue-his-impressive-title-defense-run

Re: Australian Open 2015 Back Milos Raonic (-4.5) to beat Feliciano Lopez for a 8/10 stake at 1.75 with Pinnacle Lopez is lucky to still be here, so I expect Raonic to expose his weaknesses and win without much fuss. The handicap looks big given the match-up, but Raonic seems to be a class above the Spaniard at the moment. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/raonic-vs-lopez-betting-milos-raonic-to-cover-the-handicap-line-against-feliciano-lopez-on-monday

Re: Australian Open 2015 Serena Williams vs Garbine Muguruza over 19.5 games 8/11 paddy power over 2.5 sets 7/4 paddy power Most people think that Serena will win this one easily but i felt that in her last match she was not playing well I feel that maybe she is not as good as she was and her opponent who is a young and talented player could make it very difficult for her Venus Williams vs Agnieszka Radwanska over 21.5 games 10/11 paddy power over 2.5 sets 5/4 paddy power Im looking forward to this match as this time last year i thought i would never would see them actually challenging for grand slam title but these two look like they have improved a lot since last year and they look like they could have a chance of actually winning it Venus nearly got knocked out in the last round but her battling qualities came through in the end and before she would have lost that match and her opponent looks like a different player hiring this new coach of hers and we are seeing why she has the talent to win a grand slam David Ferrer vs Kei Nishikori over 37.5 games 8/11 paddy power Nishikori to win 3-1 14/5 skybet This should some match as these two could play tennis for hours as they never seem to get tired and also they never give up I would be very surprised if this match does go five sets but if it does not go to five i fancy Nishikori to win in four tight sets Stanislas Wawrinka to win his quarter 11/10 paddy power Agnieszka Radwanska to win her quarter 11/10 paddy power Garbine Muguruza to win her quarter 8/1 paddy power All three of these players has a chance to win the title if they play at their very best and they are doing this at the moment I think two of them might reach the semi finals and you never know maybe the final as well

Re: Australian Open 2015 A bit of late support for Brengle, and Muguruza. Even though Mugu has suddenly become alarmingly popular in the last hour, I still like her to Stun Serena in two. I believe more controlled aggression and belief in her ability. Her only negative is having played a bit too much tennis worsened by losing a few unnecessary sets in the early rounds. Fingers crossed she is fresh enough. I worry about keys with Brengle really appearing to be mentally tougher. I should imagine a close 3 setter with a toss of the coin concluding that one. Gl everyone!

Re: Australian Open 2015 Cibulkova will be very hard to beat here,shes in great form and gets better the longer the game goes on.She is being underestimated again and i'm very hopeful of a nice win.Dont be shy with an in play bet after shes been broken,she can come from behind.Bet 365 2/1 is very generous.

Re: Australian Open 2015 Guillermo Garcia-Lopez (+2.5 sets) to beat Stan Wawrinka @ 2.280 Pinnacle Guillermo Garcia-Lopez (+7.5 games) to beat Stan Wawrinka @ 1.917 Pinnacle Wawrinka is on a great run right now and has pretty much sailed through to this stage of the tournament, and so it's understandable that he is heavily favoured here. However, Garcia-Lopez has done quite well so far this week and has not had to extend himself too much as his first round opponent retired and his opponent in the last round was not fit, meaning that the Spaniard should be in good physical shape against Wawrinka. On top of that, Garcia-Lopez beat an out of sorts Wawrinka the last time they met at the French Open last year and whilst it would be a surprise if he could repeat the trick I do think can make Wawrinka work for the win and perhaps take a set. Gilles Muller (+2.5 sets) to beat Novak Djokovic @ 3.590 Pinnacle Gilles Muller (+8 games) to beat Novak Djokovic @ 1.877 Pinnacle Put simply, if Muller serves the way he has done in this tournament then I think these lines have a chance. Isner had no answer in the last round which isn't that much of a surprise, but even Bautista Agut in the round before that wasn't able to do anything and he's not bad on return. Djokovic is possibly the best returner in the game right now, but I think even he will find it difficult if Muller keeps his current level of serving up. It would be a big surprise if Djokovic doesn't win this, but if Muller can force a tie-break or two he might be able to take a set.

Re: Australian Open 2015 Back Eugenie Bouchard (+1.5 sets) to beat Maria Sharapova for a 7/10 stake at 1.91 with Pinnacle Arguably, Bouchard has actually been the better player of the two so far in Melbourne. I nonetheless expect Sharapova to win this in the end, but the odds for the plus set handicap look worth taking to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bouchard-vs-sharapova-betting-eugenie-bouchard-to-steal-a-set-off-the-russian-in-melbourne

Re: Australian Open 2015 Back Simona Halep (-3.5) to beat Ekaterina Makarova for a 7/10 stake at 1.70 with Pinnacle Halep on an upward curve from what I've seen, so I expect her to win with ease really. Makarova has been solid so far, but I believe that her opponents have actually made things quite easy for her. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/halep-vs-makarova-betting-simona-halep-can-cover-the-handicap-line-against-ekaterina-makarova

Re: Australian Open 2015 Back Tomas Berdych to beat Rafael Nadal for a 7/10 stake at 2.51 with Pinnacle It's now or never for Berdych in this rivalry you have to feel. The good news for him is that Rafa looks very beatable at the moment, so, unless he self-destructs mentally, the Czech should have every chance of winning this. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/berdych-vs-nadal-betting-tomas-berdych-looks-value-in-the-qf-meeting-with-rafael-nadal

Re: Australian Open 2015 Back Andy Murray (-6.5) to beat Nick Kyrgios for a 7/10 stake at 1.80 with Pinnacle A good match-up for Murray, only a matter of focus one has to feel. If he manages to keep his cool throughout the entire match - and I think that he will - this handicap line should get covered. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/murray-vs-kyrgios-betting-andy-murray-to-silence-the-aussie-fans-tomorrow

Re: Australian Open 2015 Nothing for me today, so I thought I'd review my bets so far to level stakes. Andy Murray (-10 games) to beat Yuki Bhambri @ 1.990 -1.00 Mikhail Youzhny (+2.5 sets) to beat Rafael Nadal @ 2.000 -1.00 Mikhail Youzhny (+7.5 games) to beat Rafael Nadal @ 1.900 -1.00 Tomas Berdych (-9.5 games) to beat Alejandro Falla @ 1.961 -1.00 Roger Federer (-8.5 games) to beat Yen-Hsun Lu @ 1.990 -1.00 Eugenie Bouchard (-7 games) to beat Anna-Lena Friedsam @ 1.800 -1.00 Maria Sharapova (-7 games) to beat Petra Martic @ 1.719 Roger Federer (-7.5 games) to beat Simone Bolelli @ 1.877 +0.877 Petra Kvitova (-6 games) to beat Mona Barthel @ 1.833 Roger Federer (-8.5 games) to beat Andreas Seppi @ 1.980 -1.00 Maria Sharapova (-6.5 games) to beat Zarina Diyas @ 2.000 +1.00 Steve Johnson (+2.5 sets) to beat Kei Nishikori @ 2.179 +1.179 Steve Johnson (+7 games) to beat Kei Nishikori @ 1.970 -1.00 Elina Svitolina (+1.5 sets) to beat Serena Williams @ 4.180 +3.180 Elina Svitolina (+6.5 games) to beat Serena Williams @ 2.050 -1.00 Irina-Camelia Begu (+1.5 sets) to beat Eugenie Bouchard @ 2.770 +1.770 Irina-Camelia Begu (+6 games) to beat Eugenie Bouchard @ 1.862 -1.00 Guillermo Garcia-Lopez (+2.5 sets) to beat Stan Wawrinka @ 2.280 +1.280 Guillermo Garcia-Lopez (+7.5 games) to beat Stan Wawrinka @ 1.917 +0.917 Gilles Muller (+2.5 sets) to beat Novak Djokovic @ 3.590 -1.00 Gilles Muller (+8 games) to beat Novak Djokovic @ 1.877 +0.877 I make that +0.08 points of profit, which isn't great but I'll take it after such a slow start.

Re: Australian Open 2015 Makarova (+1.5) sets against Halep @ 1.9 with Pinnacle Halep hasn't been tested so far. Makarova is in good form and some of her matches were not easy but she won convincingly, including the one with Pliskova. Besides,she has a good record in Australia so I just don't see Halep can crush her in straight sets. Mattek-Sands B./Safarova L. to beat Makarova E./Vesnina E @2.62 with Pinnacle I don’t think there is a huge gap between the two pairs. Mattake Sands just won Sydney with Mirza. It seems she is on fire in doubles match and Safarova is also equipped with good skills in doubles. On the other hand, Vesnina seems to be mediocre recently. and should Makarova have a long match with Halep I think she will be affected too. So I am very pleased to back Mattek-Sands/Safarova at this odd.

Re: Australian Open 2015 Very surprised you are on Berdych. I think Nadal is very backable at 1.57. Got to the final last year against all odds with his knees. Has an incredible record against Berdych. Beat a roughly similar player in Anderson in straight sets. Berdych is my nemesis though... when I back him he loses when I lay him he wins!!! Anyone else got any nemesis players?

Re: Australian Open 2015

Very surprised you are on Berdych. I think Nadal is very backable at 1.57. Got to the final last year against all odds with his knees. Has an incredible record against Berdych. Beat a roughly similar player in Anderson in straight sets. Berdych is my nemesis though... when I back him he loses when I lay him he wins!!! Anyone else got any nemesis players?
Off the top of my head, Del Potro for the men and Pennetta for the women. Have to mention Bartoli as well, even though she is now retired.

Re: Australian Open 2015 Helena Scholsen to beat Csilla Argyelan (El Kantaoui 10k)@3.00, bet365, 5/10 Argyelan coming from indoors, and usually practices on clay, u can chexk how many hard court tournament she has played, almost none... Scholsen has been here for 2 weeks already, this is her 3rd week already in sunny windy Tunesia. Huge advantage dor Scholsen. Argyelan's game is for clay Scholsen definitely a hard court player. In this cirxumstances for Argyelan's first match of the season, we must fade her, especially at this price! After all Scholsen has beaten some decent players in the past that I rank better or equal than Argyelan (Hrabalova, Silich, Costa Melgar etc) GL! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Australian Open 2015 Quarter Finals matches: Tomas Berdych vs Rafael Nadal over 40.5 games 4/5 paddy power Nadal to win 3-1 11/4 paddy power Nadal is going to have his toughest test as his opponent has been impressive but he has not had a tough match and that could be his downfall but Nadal will find it tough and will come through in four tight sets Andy Murray vs Nick Kyrgios Murray to win 3-1 14/5 paddy power I expect this to be a straightforward match for Murray Dont get me wrong Kyrgios is a good player but he nearly lost in the last round and he is facing someone with more quality so he has to be at his best just to compete with him but i think he might just nick a set Ekaterina Makarova vs Simona Halep over 20.5 games 8/11 paddy power over 2.5 sets 5/4 paddy power Halep to win 2-1 14/5 paddy power Makarova should give her opponent a great game as she is playing well and seems to play well in these grand slams she is a very dangerous player so her opponent who is favourite for this match as to play really well

Re: Australian Open 2015 Polina Golubovskaya to beat Anastasia Chikalkina (Aktobe 10k)@1.72, bet365, 5/10 Golubovskaya at 15 is already almost top100 junior, she will be twice the player in juniors then Chikalkina ever was. That shows more talent and much more potential. She has alteady showed us what she is capable of by beaing Strakhova on the very fast Sharm surface last year amd only losoing in the semis after that. Dont get fooled by Chikalkina's last weeks result, she has beaten a bad player in Smagina (only 64 in the 3rd) and Klyueva who has not won a match for a long long time, so I account last weeks performance a lucky draw. Where Golubovskaya had to play Palkina, ex 200 wta player... not the same! GL Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Australian Open 2015 Miyahara/Yokota to beat Fedosenkova/Raszkiewicz (El Kantaoui 10k WD)@2.00, bet365, 5/10 The japaneae are clearly imo the better doubles players. It is true that Fedo and Rasz has been playing together every tournament now for some time but that does not mean they are successful (1/6 win only) Japanese players are usually sound together no matter if they have common history or not. The reason for my bet is that both Miyahara and Yokota has had better doubles results than her opponents and from their opp I have a low opinion of Fedosenkova esp as a tennis player, who has a woeful 3/14 doubles record (Rasz has 6/22) Im taking the better doubles team for plus money! GL! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Australian Open 2015 Back Milos Raonic (+2.5 sets) to beat Novak Djokovic for a 7/10 stake at 1.95 with Betway First really tough opponent for Djokovic and I think that he's going to have some problems, especially since he did struggle against Muller a little bit - and Raonic is much better than the man from Luxembourg. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/djokovic-vs-raonic-betting-novak-djokovic-to-face-some-serious-problems-against-milos-raonic-tomorrow