** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Australian Open 2015

Re: Australian Open 2015 Too bad that Pouille didn't win from a 2-0 lead, he deserved it more than Monfils in my view. One outright lost in the first round, but it wasn't a bad round overall due to the excellent day one, so let's move on. Back Jurgen Melzer (+2.5 sets) to beat Tomas Berdych for a 6/10 stake at 2.67 with Pinnacle Berdych is bound to drop a set at some point and he wasn't exactly dominant against Falla, so this could be a good opportunity to go against him on the set handicap. Melzer seems to have rediscovered some good form and there's finally some determination in his game, so I fancy him to give Berdych a good fight tomorrow. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/melzer-vs-berdych-betting-tomas-berdych-might-drop-a-set-against-the-in-form-austrian-in-melbourne

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australian Open 2015 Wozniacki to defeat Azarenka @ 1.83 with Pinnacle Although it's Thursday's match I am placing my bet right now. Wozniacki is in much better form than Azarenka. Azarenka produced 21 UEs and 12 winners whereas Wozniacki proced 20 winners and 10 UEs in the first match. Wozniacki's level drops a bit from the end of the last year but it should be enough to win the match. In my opinion the fair value of Wozniacki should be around 1.5.

Re: Australian Open 2015 4pts I.Karlovic -1.5 sets to beat N.Kyrgios 21/20 Boylesports 2pts I.Karlovic to beat N.Kyrgios 3-0 2/1 StanJames I think Karlovic is priced nicely here because Kyrgios is an Aussie with alot of hope to his name. I fancy Karlovic to win this easy enough. He breezed past R1 and Kyrgios really struggled to break Delbonis in round 1. All points to a 3-0 Karlovic or 3-1. Either way I think the handicap should be covered. We may see a couple of 7-6 but we could easily see a 7-6 7-6 6-2 and three tie breakers win here.

Re: Australian Open 2015 After a nice Evens fivefold yesterday, I'm going for an Evens fourfold today. Berdych (v Melzer) Anderson (v Berankis) Dimitrov (v Lacko) Federer 3-0 (v Bolelli) I'm always nervous of set betting, so I might swap Fed for something else if I can find a safe looking 1/3 shot or better. Goffin to beat Baghy maybe ? I'll also have a single bet on Karlovic to beat Kyrgios at 4/6. Ivo is playing well and he seems to enjoy playing other big servers.

Re: Australian Open 2015

After a nice Evens fivefold yesterday, I'm going for an Evens fourfold today. Berdych (v Melzer) Anderson (v Berankis) Dimitrov (v Lacko) Federer 3-0 (v Bolelli) I'm always nervous of set betting, so I might swap Fed for something else if I can find a safe looking 1/3 shot or better. Goffin to beat Baghy maybe ? I'll also have a single bet on Karlovic to beat Kyrgios at 4/6. Ivo is playing well and he seems to enjoy playing other big servers.
Karlovic should have too much for Kyrgios, also the Aussie was treated for his back during that match. Goffin often lets a set (or even two) slip against inferior opponents, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the Cypriot taking a set, but Goffin should take care of this in 4 sets. I agree that Fed to win 3-0 is not banker material, Bollelli has been playing very solidly of late, he could well take Fed to a tiebreak in one of the sets, still though it should be 3-0 so long as Rog stays focussed throughout.

Re: Australian Open 2015 Personally, I'm taking Makarova to beat Vinci (1/3 with Paddy Power). Makarova was dominant in her first round match and has a proven record at the slams in recent years while Vinci's best days as a singles player seem increasingly to be behind her as she focusses more on the doubles these days with Errani.

Re: Australian Open 2015 Roger Federer (-7.5 games) to beat Simone Bolelli @ 1.877 Pinnacle These two met in Davis Cup towards the end of last season where Federer ran out an easy winner. The match was played on clay, which is not Federer's favourite surface, but even so the Swiss covered this game line and so should be able to cover it here on hard. The only concern is if he takes his foot off the gas like he did in the third set in the last round, but I think he will play with a little more intensity against Bolelli and if he does then a straight sets win should bring this line home.

After a nice Evens fivefold yesterday, I'm going for an Evens fourfold today. Berdych (v Melzer) Anderson (v Berankis) Dimitrov (v Lacko) Federer 3-0 (v Bolelli) I'm always nervous of set betting, so I might swap Fed for something else if I can find a safe looking 1/3 shot or better. Goffin to beat Baghy maybe ? I'll also have a single bet on Karlovic to beat Kyrgios at 4/6. Ivo is playing well and he seems to enjoy playing other big servers.
Goffin looks like a good alternative to the Fed bet to me, perhaps slightly safer, especially if your bookie voids retirements.

Thanks lads' date=' I'll swap Fed 3-0 for Goffin.[/quote'] You might have already made the swap but I'm not sure it's a swap I would make. On his day, Baghdatis is capable of beating just about anyone and he has fond memories of this venue which can always help a player to play better. Added to that, I was keeping an eye on Goffin's first round match against Russell and I was not impressed. Not only did he drop a set, but he was broken on plenty of occasions and the American veteran got to 30 on his serve plenty of times.

Re: Australian Open 2015 just another loss from matchpoint.... little irritated by these... Jessica Pieri to beat Lea Tholey (el Kantaoui 10k)@1.72, bet365, 8/10 Im going to bet big on the better and older Pieri sister against a french girl who is nothing special imo. These odds represent value, I expect this to be around 1.44 at game time. Pieri had some very solid wins already in her career including last week only losing to Goerges who won it later, 64 in the third. She lost to Cascino in 3 hard sets 2 tournaments ago ,while Tholey got killed by Cascino last week 1,1. GL!!

You might have already made the swap but I'm not sure it's a swap I would make. On his day' date=' Baghdatis is capable of beating just about anyone and he has fond memories of this venue which can always help a player to play better. Added to that, I was keeping an eye on Goffin's first round match against Russell and I was not impressed. Not only did he drop a set, but he was broken on plenty of occasions and the American veteran got to 30 on his serve plenty of times.[/quote'] I can add that Baghdatis have beaten Goffin before at the indoor hardcourt in Stockholm, a tournament Baghdatis have won before and has fond memories of just like he does of Aussie open. It was 2 years and 3 months ago since Baggy beat Goffin. Although Goffin has made a progress since then and Baggy have gone down I would not rule the cypriot out completely. It's early in the season and Baghdatis surely mounts a comeback to the top 50 and to play better then last season. Goffin v Baghdatis is a good match to go for +4.5 games 1.94 @ pinnacle or over 37.5 games 1.90 ?@ bet365 Edit: This is mutch better, Baghdatis +4.5 games 2.0 @ Paddypower

Re: Australian Open 2015 David Goffin vs Marcos Baghdatis over 37.5 games 10/11 paddy power Goffin to win 3-1 14/5 paddy power I like the look of this bet as i do fancy Goffin to go far in this tournament but his opponent loves Australia and seems to love these big matches dont expect it to be easy so four sets might be the way to go here Andy Murray vs Marinko Matosevic over 29.5 games 10/11 paddy power This will be either a tough match for Murray or an easy straight sets win but i think it may tough for him as his opponent is good player Murray sort of struggled in his first round so it may the matches maybe getting tougher for him I do expect him to win but not as easy as some would think Klara Koukalova vs Julia Goerges over 20.5 games evens paddy power Two player here who are evenly matched This could go either way so expect a lot of breaks of serve as these two players could go far here if they play to their potential

David Goffin vs Marcos Baghdatis over 37.5 games 10/11 paddy power Goffin to win 3-1 14/5 paddy power I like the look of this bet as i do fancy Goffin to go far in this tournament but his opponent loves Australia and seems to love these big matches dont expect it to be easy so four sets might be the way to go here Andy Murray vs Marinko Matosevic over 29.5 games 10/11 paddy power This will be either a tough match for Murray or an easy straight sets win but i think it may tough for him as his opponent is good player Murray sort of struggled in his first round so it may the matches maybe getting tougher for him I do expect him to win but not as easy as some would think Klara Koukalova vs Julia Goerges over 20.5 games evens paddy power Two player here who are evenly matched This could go either way so expect a lot of breaks of serve as these two players could go far here if they play to their potential
Koukalova against Goerges has already started. The first set has just finished.

Re: Australian Open 2015 I really can't see why the bookies are so optimistic about Pironkova.She has already been beaten 6 times by the World's number 10th.It's true that Tsvetana is playing the best tennis in her live at the moment but still she is far from Cibulkova's skills.Everybody in my country threat to her like she has already did well,reaching 2nd round and she could do nothing against Cibulkova,like the game has already finished and she had lost it.This is the public opinion and you can see why.Cibulkova was not great in the previous round,needing 3rd set to win but i think she will be much more focused against our girl.Bookies think there is no favourite in this game but i fully expect the Slovakian to deliver well.1.83 with bet365 and Cibulkova to win in straight sets @ 3 with bet365. 6:2 6:0

Re: Australian Open 2015 Dominika Cibulkova- Tsvetana Pironkova Cibulkova leads the h2h 7-1, she is 7-0 on hard courts and the sole win for the Bulgarian came on grass , where she is most comfortable and has had her best results. Six of those wins for the Slovakian worrld ranked #10 came in straight sets, including the last five, with three of those by a margin of at least seven games. We did well with here last year when she made a terrific run to the final and took Li Na to a first set tie break, before running out of steam, or should that be getting steam rollered. She has been a bit hit and miss, mainly miss since, but did beat Pironkova in her own county at the end of 2014 and will be very motivated to do well in this event, not least with so many ranking points to defend. TP had a great run to the final in Sydney, but did not beat a whole lot and consistency has never been her strong point. Maybe DC is not 100%, but it that were the case, I do not feel she would have battled back to beat Kirsten Flipkens in her opener after losing the first set, it is hard to dig deep when you are not at your peak fitness wise, so I feel she has just struggled to come to terms with her success at the start of 2014. Speaking at an end of year awards ceremony she said :"The first four months were absolutely fabulous and everything went off without a hitch. The second half did not go according to my expectations, but I have gained further valuable experience." She then spoke about her last slam event the US Open :“The lost to Catherine Bellis was clearly the worst moment not only of this season, but of my entire career." I like the honesty. This is her first slam event since and I expect the loss to Bellis will motivate Cibulkova as much as all those points and last years performance in Melbourne and I just do not agree with the odds here, win or lose. 1.5 units Dominika Cibulkova -1.5 games 2.03 Pinnacle Sports/Sportmarket Pro.,,,there is also 3.0 (3.1 with Pinnacle) for here to win 2-0 in sets, which I like almost as much.

Re: Australian Open 2015 Back John Isner (-5) to beat Andreas Haider-Maurer for a 8/10 stake at 2.02 with Pinnacle Expect this to be a trademark Isner match - easy holds and eventual breaks due to the pressure generated by those easy holds. Hard to see Haider-Maurer serving well for the entire duration of the match, the American should break him down eventually. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/isner-vs-haider-maurer-betting-john-isner-to-cover-the-handicap-line-against-the-austrian

Re: Australian Open 2015 Back Mona Barthel (+1.5 sets) to beat Petra Kvitova for a 6/10 stake at 3.81 with Pinnacle Back Mona Barthel to beat Petra Kvitova for a 2/10 stake at 10.00 with Betway Barthel can be dangerous on a good day and Kvitova didn't even manage to avoid her usual blip against Hogenkamp, so the 3.81 for the set handicap looks way too big to me. And 10.00 for the outright? That's just nonsensical. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/barthel-vs-kvitova-betting-mona-barthel-might-have-a-chance-against-the-czech-number-one

Re: Australian Open 2015 Back Go Soeda (+2.5 sets) to beat Fernando Verdasco for a 8/10 stake at 1.85 with Pinnacle Verdasco tends to make things hard for himself these days, he's dropping way too many sets against the weaker guys to be priced at evens for a 3-0 win here. Soeda isn't even that bad really - certainly better than Ward in my book. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/soeda-vs-verdasco-betting-go-soeda-looks-worth-a-punt-on-the-set-handicap

Re: Australian Open 2015 Back Jarkko Nieminen to beat Matthias Bachinger for a 8/10 stake at 1.80 with BetVictor This should be the end of the road for Bachinger. The best days of Nieminen might be gone already, but he's still better than guys like Bachinger and the first round win cost him no energy at all, so I expect him to simply out-grind the German tomorrow. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/nieminen-vs-bachinger-betting-jarkko-nieminen-to-stop-matthias-bachinger-in-round-two

Back John Isner (-5) to beat Andreas Haider-Maurer for a 8/10 stake at 2.02 with Pinnacle Expect this to be a trademark Isner match - easy holds and eventual breaks due to the pressure generated by those easy holds. Hard to see Haider-Maurer serving well for the entire duration of the match, the American should break him down eventually. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/isner-vs-haider-maurer-betting-john-isner-to-cover-the-handicap-line-against-the-austrian
Ithink Haider Maurer is a bit under-rated here. I think it could be reasonablytight. Isner may well cover the line but I wouldn’t back it. I’ve seen HaiderMaurer play matches where his serve has been on fire so I can see a couple oftie-breaks. He seems to like to play seeded players as well...he has went 5sets against Soderling at the US open when Robin was in his prime,he’s taken a set off Almagro at the French, beatenGulbis at the US open, taken a set off Nalbandian at Wimbledon and last year hetook a set off Cilic in Wimbledon and his latest outing in a slam was a 5 set loss to Bautista-Agut at the US openwho is a quality player. I agree that, judging by his results, he doesn’t seem tolike to play big servers but I don’t see him being a push over all the same. InIsner’s favour, Haider-maurer does seemto have concentration lapses or have a tendency to tank sets in these 5 set matches(6-1 or 6-2)so even though I would not be surprised to see Isner in a dog fightfor this reason he still may cover the handicap. Haider-maurer doesn’t really have a strongweapon to unbalance Isner (very average forehand , in particular) but he iscrafty and not afraid to come to net which is a good tactic against John. Forme , you could make a good case for either line of the handicap and I’d beinclined to leave it but best of luck anyway. I like your other bets though.You have persuaded me to have a punt on Nieminen. His first round result bodeswell.

Re: Australian Open 2015 Petra Kvitova (-6 games) to beat Mona Barthel @ 1.833 Pinnacle I can't see past Kvitova here, as Barthel is nowhere near consistent enough in my opinion to win this. Even if it goes to three sets I can imagine this line being covered, as Barthel often drops sets easily as she did against Konjuh in Auckland recently. Kvitova is in good form right now and I think she can continue in the same vein in this match and make the next round without too many dramas.

Re: Australian Open 2015 Johanna Larsson vs Agnieszka Radwanska over 17.5 games 10/11 paddy power Im very surprised with the bet here as one these sets could be tight and that means the bet would be won Radwanska can sometimes struggle in the early rounds and her opponent is a decent player so she could be off her game and could easily lose the first set Lauren Davis vs Venus Williams over 19.5 games 11/10 paddy power Venus is not the player she was and she is getting older so this match might be tight as her opponent is a capable of beating anyone on her day while i think Venus should win i think one of the sets could be tight David Ferrer vs Sergiy Stakhovsky over 29.5 games 4/5 paddy power He did managed to lose a set in the first round he might do again as his opponent can just lift his game against the better players so one tight set might all it needs to cover the bet Go Soeda vs Fernando Verdasco over 35.5 games 10/11 paddy power This should be a least four sets or maybe five as there is not much difference between these two Verdasco is slight favourite but your still not sure what he is going to do next Ivan Dodig vs Kei Nishikori over 30.5 games 8/11 paddy power I like the look of this bet as his opponent is a good player and with it getting hotter it might not be so easy for Nishikori i think three tight sets is the way to go here

I really can't see why the bookies are so optimistic about Pironkova.She has already been beaten 6 times by the World's number 10th.It's true that Tsvetana is playing the best tennis in her live at the moment but still she is far from Cibulkova's skills.Everybody in my country threat to her like she has already did well' date=reaching 2nd round and she could do nothing against Cibulkova,like the game has already finished and she had lost it.This is the public opinion and you can see why.Cibulkova was not great in the previous round,needing 3rd set to win but i think she will be much more focused against our girl.Bookies think there is no favourite in this game but i fully expect the Slovakian to deliver well.1.83 with bet365 and Cibulkova to win in straight sets @ 3 with bet365. 6:2 6:0
:nana

Re: Australian Open 2015 Up and down. Up and down. Some good shouts here though :ok. Back G.Dimitrov/M.Baghdatis - Over 3.5 sets for a 8/10 stake at 1.83 with Paddy Power Baghdatis surprisingly good against Goffin, Dimitrov surprisingly average against Lacko, that should equal to a long match here. Dimitrov the obvious favourite, but he's not going to win in straight sets if Baghdatis turns up. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dimitrov-vs-baghdatis-betting-a-long-match-should-be-on-the-cards-for-dimitrov-and-baghdatis-in-melbourne

Re: Australian Open 2015 Back T.Berdych/V.Troicki - Over 3.5 sets for a 8/10 stake at 1.83 with 10Bet Troicki is on a tremendous run at the moment and Berdych could have easily dropped a set against Melzer, so I fancy this to have some mileage. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/berdych-vs-troicki-betting-tomas-berdych-to-endure-a-tough-match-against-viktor-troicki

Re: Australian Open 2015 Back Lucie Hradecka to beat Julia Goerges for a 7/10 stake at 2.92 with Pinnacle Goerges looks way too short around the 1.50 mark. Hradecka has done little wrong so far in Melbourne and I just can't trust Goerges after the mini-choke against Koukalova, so I'll go with the big price in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hradecka-vs-goerges-betting-lucie-hradecka-to-continue-her-dream-run-tomorrow

Re: Australian Open 2015 Back Caroline Garcia (+1.5 sets) to beat Eugenie Bouchard for a 8/10 stake at 2.17 with Pinnacle The first real test for Bouchard and I think that it could be a tough one. She lost against Garcia in Acapulco last year and could easily struggle against her power again, especially if the weight of expectations gets to her. Garcia is a quality player anyway, so I'm happy to have a play on the plus set handicap at above evens. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/garcia-vs-bouchard-betting-caroline-garcia-worth-a-punt-on-the-set-handicap