** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Australian Open 2015

Re: Australian Open 2015 Back Kristina Mladenovic to beat Sabine Lisicki for a 7/10 stake at 3.44 with Pinnacle A good price for Mladenovic I'd say. Lisicki's had a pretty disastrous start to the new season and the quality gap between the two isn't incredibly big, so I'm happy to chance Mladenovic at odds this high. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/mladenovic-vs-lisicki-betting-kristina-mladenovic-looks-value-to-upset-sabine-lisicki-in-the-first-round

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australian Open 2015

Back Malek Jaziri to beat Mikhail Kukushkin for a 7/10 stake at 3.50 with Ladbrokes Based on the Kukushkin-Troicki match that took place yesterday, I have serious doubts about his fitness. Requiring medical timeouts for hip problems with just a single day for a recovery looks ominous to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/jaziri-vs-kukushkin-betting-malek-jaziri-could-be-too-strong-for-the-tired-mikhail-kukushkin
Another player who might be worth opposing in the first round on fitness grounds is Kyrgios, although I couldn't bring myself to take him on as his opponent Delbonis has a dismal hard court record.

Re: Australian Open 2015 3 PICKS FOR AUSTRALIAN OPEN MURRAY-9 GAMES HANDICAP OVER BHAMBRI @ 1.45 on pinnaclesports VENUS WILLIAMS - TORRO-FLOR 2:0 SETS @ 1.3 on pinnaclesports BOUCHARD - FRIEDSAM 2:0 SETS @ 1.25 on pinnaclesports Murray was in very good form in Hopman Cup two weeks ago. He is always very good at Australian Open. As easy win for him. Venus is in hot form, an easy first round win for her. Expect it to be a very easy win for Bouchard against a half-injured Friedsam.

Another player who might be worth opposing in the first round on fitness grounds is Kyrgios' date=' although I couldn't bring myself to take him on as his opponent Delbonis has a dismal hard court record.[/quote'] That came to my mind as well, but Kyrgios actually came close to beating Janowicz a couple of days ago, so I think that he'll be fine fitness-wise, at least as far as the first round is concerned. And yeah, Delbonis is just poor on hard-courts, he even seems to lack his usual enthusiasm on that surface.

What does everyone think of Guilbis to beat Kokkinakis @ 4/7? I admit I'v never heard of the young Australian' date=' surely Guilbis will have way too much quality? Thinking of going big on this.[/quote'] Kokkinakis is actually a decent talent. Gulbis should beat him of course, but there are still some questions regarding his fitness and he was nothing special against Vesely last week, so perhaps the young Australian could get the win with the crowd getting behind him. One for the live betting I'd reckon, just to see which Gulbis turns up and how well can Kokkinakis deal with the atmosphere and everything.

What does everyone think of Guilbis to beat Kokkinakis @ 4/7? I admit I'v never heard of the young Australian' date=' surely Guilbis will have way too much quality? Thinking of going big on this.[/quote'] Personally I would not go anywhere near it. Although Gulbis has improved his consistency during the last few years he is still prone to the odd bad result, which I think has to do with a lack of focus against lesser players. A match that comes immediately to mind is the first round of the US Open a couple of years ago where he lost to Haider-Maurer. As this is a Grand Slam there should be no question about his motivation, but he seems to perform better when playing the top players on tour and so for me this match is one to watch rather than bet on.

Kokkinakis is actually a decent talent. Gulbis should beat him of course' date=' but there are still some questions regarding his fitness and he was nothing special against Vesely last week, so perhaps the young Australian could get the win with the crowd getting behind him. One for the live betting I'd reckon, just to see which Gulbis turns up and how well can Kokkinakis deal with the atmosphere and everything.[/quote'] Thanks for the info mate. I like the idea of waiting inplay but it starts at stupid o'clock here and I won't be able to stay up for it. While the crowd might get behind him, I'd be pretty shocked if he beats a top player like Gulbis over 5 sets with his lack of experience. I expected the odds to be around 1.3 so I think there's definite value there.

Personally I would not go anywhere near it. Although Gulbis has improved his consistency during the last few years he is still prone to the odd bad result' date=' which I think has to do with a lack of focus against lesser players. A match that comes immediately to mind is the first round of the US Open a couple of years ago where he lost to Haider-Maurer. As this is a Grand Slam there should be no question about his motivation, but he seems to perform better when playing the top players on tour and so for me this match is one to watch rather than bet on.[/quote'] Cheers for your insight. I know Ernests can be unpredictable at times and he's let me down in the past against inferior opponents. I'v been put off a little, but think I might still stick with it as it'll annoy me if he wins.

Re: Australian Open 2015 Have been looking at 1st round for an accie. I like these 5 K.Anderson (v D Schwarzman) K. Nishikouri (v Almagro) J. Isner (v J Wang) M. Raonic (v Marchenko) L. Hewitt (v Ze Zhang) Just over Evs at boylesports. All very solid looking altho I'm maybe taking a slight chance on Hewitt - he's been knocked out 1st round for last 2 years !! But if he's fit, he must win here. Zhang is out of his depth at this level, surely? Anyone want to talk me out of it?

Have been looking at 1st round for an accie. I like these 5 K.Anderson (v D Schwarzman) K. Nishikouri (v Almagro) J. Isner (v J Wang) M. Raonic (v Marchenko) L. Hewitt (v Ze Zhang) Just over Evs at boylesports. All very solid looking altho I'm maybe taking a slight chance on Hewitt - he's been knocked out 1st round for last 2 years !! But if he's fit, he must win here. Zhang is out of his depth at this level, surely? Anyone want to talk me out of it?
I'm one of those guys that will always prefer to be on 5 singles against the big favourites than on a fivefold on them, but your selections look pretty solid to me given what the first round offers. Anderson and Raonic should be a breeze, Nishikori as well if he's fit. Isner and Hewitt would have me worried the most, but I see that Zhang recently lost against Whittington, so Hewitt should be fine I guess.

Cheers for your insight. I know Ernests can be unpredictable at times and he's let me down in the past against inferior opponents. I'v been put off a little' date=' but think I might still stick with it as it'll annoy me if he wins.[/quote'] Best of luck. :ok

Re: Australian Open 2015 In terms of writing something here im new in forum. I will write my views of some matches, I dont have big experience and I dont know tennis like some other guys here, best thing that can happen is that we make discussion from all this. Vinci Roberta - Jovanovski Bojana Both of them didnt show anything special at start of the year, Roberta played 4 matches she has 2 wins and 2 defeats, 3 matches was decided in third set, i dont like her tennis with beckhend sliceing all the time, she dont look dangerous on hard court.On other side we have Bojana Jovanovski who is one-dimesional player, I think odds for her to come on the net except when players shake hands should be very big, she just hitting hard from base-line.My first thoughts on this is that we can see over in games here(+20,5 my confidence 3/10), for me odds on Jovanovski have also some little value because bookies gives Roberta 73% chances for win, i dont think that she is so big favorite here(back Jovanovski Bojana to beat Vinci Roberta for a 1/10 stake at 3.27 with Pinnacle). Duan Ying-Ying - Mattek-Sands Bethanie At first look in names somebody will think that this is match of doubles, joking aside not much for me to say but Mattek-Sands had last year score 11/12, in 2015 she played only one match against Kudryavtseva in Brisbane and lost in straight sets, Kudryavtseva had some good match against Pliskova there but in shadow of lights that Pliskova beat Azarenka round before, so for me defeat against Kudryavtseva is becouse of very bad form. Duan Ying-Ying plays manly on hard courts she has 313 matches in carrer, 299(201/98) was on hard court, I didnt whatch too much of match Kvitiva - Duan, but what i saw that she is big hitter, she dont look like other Chinese woman tennis players, she is much taller and stronger.Back Duan Y. to beat Mattek Bethanie for a 1/10 stake at 2.36 with Pinnacle, this all is based on results, blind bet, but when i take all things considered i think/have a feeling that this odds have some value. Melzer Jurgen - Estrella Victor This one is based on a fitnes level of left-handed Jurgen Melzer, he played 3 matches in qualification for AO, in third match against Steve Darcis at the begining of third hour of play he did have very big cramps, so my thoughts r that playing bo5 matches will be very hard task for him, on oposite side of the net will be player from Dominican Rep. who is mainly clay court challenger player and who takes part in the tournament for the first time, but last year at USO he did play in 3. round and lost from Raonic in three sets, all three were decided in tie brakes, Estrella in last 52 weeks has record of 7 victorys and 6 defets against left-handed players.Jurgen Melzer vs Victor Estrella Over 37.5 games at 1.85 with Pinnacle 3/10 stake. Rosol Lukas - De Schepper Kenny I whatched De schepper against Jenkis, Falla, Giraldo and I whatched Rosol against Karlovic, I dont see how Kenny with that sort of display can win this match, he is big server, but his serve now doesnt look so good, his one-handed backhend is big disadvantage, Rosol was for me against Karlovic solid in first set, for first match in new year he was sharp on ground-strokes.So i will back Lukas Rosol to beat Kenny De Schepper for a 7/10 stake at 1.80 with Pinnacle. Gl all!

Re: Australian Open 2015 Mikhail Youzny vs Rafael Nadal over 32.5 games 4/5 paddy power Nadal has not had the best of starts this season and maybe vulnerable against a decent player I think he maybe still recovering from his injury so he may not be at full fitness Philipp Kohlschreiber vs Paul Henri Mathieu over 35.5 games 4/5 paddy power This should be a close as these two are similar in the way they play and also they have not had the greatest of seasons so expect four sets Federico Delbonis vs Nick Kyrgios over 33.5 games 4/5 paddy power I fancy this to be close as both of them have not made the greatest starts to this year so expect at least Kyrgios to lose a set but still win as it wont be easy

Re: Australian Open 2015 Closed last week with 2 wins, f finally.... THere is no other thread right now, so I will post here my itf picks this week Czech if thats oik with you! Sofia Kenin to beat Natalia Vikhlyantseva (Daytona Beach 25k Q)@2.37, bet365, 4/10 I love both juniors, I think they have big potential, one of them already represented it many times, Vikhlyantseva, mostly on hard courts, she ahs an aggressive basiline game for that. Kenin on the other hand, imo more of a fighter and really tough in head than a hige game and I think she will need to start to represent herself soon. SHe has won the ORange Bowl, unofficial junior world championship, at the end of last year in dec. Beating Neel and Bellis in stratight sets, two of the big talk of the best juniors in the US. THen went on to wiun 4 more matches in the COffee Bowl, also a G1 tournament (G1 is like 10k-25k level if you want to compare it with aduklt torunaments), where she lost to Gordon, acceptable loss imho. Thats a 10/11 run, and last week she lost to Jani 64 64 which was little bit of a shock to me, because I though the other way around, but Jani pulled through, although she was in a good mood herself. Last round yesterday she beat the hell out of Moser, a solid 300 player. Her russiuan opponent beat Webley SMith who is not really effective on clay so that is not a huge win imo and I think Kenin will win this battle with her head not her game now. I expect a form decrease from Vikhlyantseva and a a very stellar mental performance from Kenin, who is playing on a surface that suits her better and playing in front of a home florida crowd! This also can be a nailbiter so go easy on it! GL

Re: Australian Open 2015 Sure, no problem. Back Lucas Pouille to beat Gael Monfils for a 6/10 stake at 4.73 with Pinnacle Gael Monfils is yet to play in 2015 and his health has always been rather frail, so I'm happy to go against him at odds this big, especially since Lucas Pouille looked pretty decent in Auckland last week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pouille-vs-monfils-betting-lucas-pouille-might-be-worth-a-punt-against-gael-monfils-in-the-first-round

Re: Australian Open 2015 Back Pablo Andujar to beat Marius Copil for a 8/10 stake at 1.83 with Pinnacle Andujar is the better player of the two, plain and simple. The conditions seem slow enough for him to get into plenty of rallies and I expect him to pretty much dominate in them. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/andujar-vs-copil-betting-pablo-andujar-should-be-way-too-strong-for-marius-copil-in-melbourne

Re: Australian Open 2015 Back Pablo Cuevas to beat Matthias Bachinger for a 8/10 stake at 1.77 with Pinnacle Cuevas is a top 30 player at the moment and he can play rather well on all kinds of surfaces, so I'd have him as a pretty big favourite in this one. Bachinger did well to qualify, but he isn't that special in my view. The Uruguayan should be way too consistent from the back of the baseline. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/cuevas-vs-bachinger-betting-pablo-cuevas-to-get-past-matthias-bachinger-in-the-australian-open

Re: Australian Open 2015 Back R.Hogenkamp/P.Kvitova - Over 17 games for a 7/10 stake at 2.04 with Pinnacle Back Richel Hogenkamp to beat Petra Kvitova for a 1/10 stake at 17.50 with Pinnacle Kvitova usually needs some time to get going, while Hogenkamp looked pretty good back in Hobart and during the qualifiers. Unless the nerves get to her - which is certainly possible - she should be able to give the Czech some troubles. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hogenkamp-vs-kvitova-betting-richel-hogenkamp-could-do-some-damage-against-petra-kvitova

Re: Australian Open 2015 KC Chang V.S. Zheng Jie - KC Chang (+4) @1.81 with Pinnacle So far Zheng hasn't played a match this year and Zheng is gradually playing less matches and put more time on coaching. I don't see her make enough preparation for the tournament. KC comes back from wrist injury. She is talented with ground stokes, defeating former No.1 Safina and top 10 Stosur before. Surely she is inconsistent, sometimes with crazy unforced errors. But overall there is good chance she will cover the handicap line. Querrey S. V.S. Pospisil V. – Pospisil to beat Querrey @1.85 with Pinnacle Both with big serve but I believe Pospisil is in better form now.

Re: Australian Open 2015 Celine Ghesquire to beat Caroline Romeo (el Kantaoui 10k)@1.66 Gyulnara Nazareva to beat Zhibek Kulambayeva (AKtobe 10k)@1.2 Double, bet365, 6/10 Ghesquire is in a great form last week she has beaten Evtimova and Danilina which are much better players than Romeo, in fact ROmea has not showed any signs of improving her game in the last 4-5 tournaments, usually exiting first or second rounds. Ghesquire had a career high ranking of 568 and got injured now she is on the comeback and if you look at her results from last year you can see that she is clearly a better player than Romeo. Given her form and decline of Romeo's form this should be a straight set win. Nazareva is a talented junior, 2 years older than her opponent. She has beaten Rudakova, quite a solid player at 470, in the quali finals that also whows that she is ready for the new season. (Rudakova has hade a very nice ending of 2014 so imo she cannot be that bad). ALso her opponent has not played a single match in adults yet so this is is a debut for her, at the age of 14, not a bad junior, but will not be enough here. Go wtih this double, it has a high possability to hit! GL!

Re: Australian Open 2015 Back Samuel Groth to beat Thanasi Kokkinakis for a 8/10 stake at 1.74 with Pinnacle Kokkinakis was quite lucky to get the win against Gulbis, while Groth stormed past Krajinovic with ease, so I'll go with the more experienced player of the two in this one. After all, he looked quite good in Brisbane as well and might have the edge fitness-wise if it goes to the distance. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/groth-vs-kokkinakis-betting-samuel-groth-to-prevail-in-the-battle-of-two-aussies

Re: Australian Open 2015 Back Klara Koukalova (+1.5 sets) to beat Julia Goerges for a 5/10 stake at 2.21 with Pinnacle Back Klara Koukalova to beat Julia Goerges for a 3/10 stake at 4.00 with BetVictor Two terribly inconsistent players, anything can happen really, so I'll go with the juicy odds here, especially since Koukalova also leads the H2H record by three wins to two (no straight sets wins for Goerges). Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/koukalova-vs-goerges-betting-klara-koukalova-looks-value-against-julia-goerges-in-melbourne

Re: Australian Open 2015 Back Jarmila Gajdosova (+1.5 sets) to beat Simona Halep for a 5/10 stake at 3.10 with Betsafe Back Jarmila Gajdosova to beat Simona Halep for a 2/10 stake at 7.55 with Pinnacle Halep was ordinary against Knapp despite the flattering scoreline, so I believe that Gajdosova might be able to make a match out of this. She looked really good against Kvitova in Sydney and is certainly capable of producing spectacular performances in Australia. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/gajdosova-vs-halep-betting-the-world-s-number-three-could-face-some-problems-against-jarmila-gajdosova

Re: Australian Open 2015 Bernarda Pera to beat Paula Christina Goncalves (Daytona Beach 25k Q)@1.72, bet365, 6/10 Pera is a better player and HAS better potential than Goncalves. Both are rather hard court players, but it looks to me that Pera is playing a little better on this green clay here, I thunk odds should be around 1.57 for Pera. It will drop imo for sure. GL!

Re: Australian Open 2015 Australian Open Wta : Roberta Vinci- Ekaterina Makarova Vinci has been and still is, an all time great doubles player, winning the slam set with Sara Errani, but her singles ranking has tumbled and she is coming off her first losing season since 2007 and whilst you write off these veteran Italian ladies at your peril, it is easy to make a case for her best single yeras to be behind her and with a 32nd birthday next month, for her focus to be even more on doubles in the next couple of years and perhaps shortly, almost exclusively so.This have never really been her event and in 13 visits, she has failed to qualify four times , never made it beyond R3 and only won seven matches. Makarova was a late developer, but has been at her best over the last couple of years and at 26 yo, has perhaps still not peaked, she reached a career high ranking of #10 earlier this year and with a lot of points to defend in Melbourne and loving the courts and vibe in Australia, we can expect her to go deep again this year. We could argue that she has perhaps been a little unlucky with the draw, beating some very big name players including Serena Williams and only losing to the cream of the crop, Kim Clijsters (wniner) in R4 in 2011, to Sharapova at the quarters in both 2012 ( when Masha was runner up) and 2013 and to last years winner Li Na in the round of 16. Vinci is not in that league and the Russian should find a way to win this. We did not see a huge amount from Makarova after her run to the semi finals at the US Open, where she lost to Serena Williams (eventual winner), which came on the back of a run to the last 8 at Wimbledon and Ekaterina was 14-4 in slams last year. She has a big left handed slice serve and a terrific backhand and will often run around forehands on the ad side. in terms of singles, these two are heading in opposite directions and there should only be one winner. Vinci does lead 2-1 on hardcourts and has a win over Makarova on the surface at the end of 2014, but that was when the Russian was tiring after a long season and Vinci was looking to salvage something from hers. 1.25 units Ekaterina Makarova -4 games 1.90 Pinnacle Sports......alternative is 2-0 sets which is 2.07 with Pinnacle and 2-0 elsewhere.