** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Real Madrid v Liverpool > Tuesday November 4th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Real Madrid v Liverpool (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.24[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]13[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.04 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Real Madrid v Liverpool > Tuesday November 4th 5pts Real Madrid (-1.75AH) to beat Liverpool 1.80 BetVictor Real Madrid cantered to a win at Anfield two weeks ago without Gareth Bale so Liverpool fans won’t want to hear that the Welshman is back in training and expected to start this match. Madrid are buzzing right now and even though Liverpool will set up more defensive they just can’t defend so this is going to be a long night for them. I can only see a repeat of the Anfield result, if not a lot worse. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/real-madrid-vs-liverpool-betting-madrid-can-be-too-strong-for-liverpool-once-again

Re: Real Madrid v Liverpool > Tuesday November 4th The first game at Anfield was fairly painful for Liverpool but they did appreciate they were playing against a far better side than they can currently offer, the Newcastle game at the weekend showed the team is currently in crisis. The new signings have offered somewhere between little and nothing, Lambert isn't trusted, Balotelli plays for himself, Markovic was physically weak in the Portuguese league and has no hope in the Premiership for the time being, Can is injury prone and Lallana has probably been the biggest success and didn't make the bench at the weekend - perhaps being rested for this game. I watched Madrid at the weekend and their attacking play showed no sign of letting up, they are simply on fire. Bale might return for the game but I'm not 100% sure he greatly improves them, the side seems quite balanced without him in it although if he is fit he will play, if he does come off the bench his pace could cause lots of problems against a tiring defence in the last 30 mins. The biggest problem for Liverpool is that they have no tactical ability to adapt to different sides, they always try to play on the front foot - or at least be as attacking as they can. I'm not convinced Rodgers will change the way they approach this game despite the mauling in the first game, have they got the players to defend in large numbers then break with speed? In Sterling they have a very capable young player but if they stick him out on the wing where he mostly was at the weekend then his impact is limited. The midfield is going to have to be very compact and I haven't seen anything to make me think they can be. Madrid have so much quality in the side it is difficult to see them not winning by at least a couple in their current form, they will want to wrap up qualification as soon as possible and a win here will virtually guarantee top spot. James scored a stunner on Saturday and seems to improve game on game. All Madrid's talents are in their attacking players and most of Liverpool's problems are at the back, they conceded plenty last season but had Suarez and Sturridge, with neither of these available and Stirling struggling with poor players around him they have been ruthlessly exposed at times. There is no time to regroup either as the games continue to come quickly, they won't change their style of play and don't have the defensive quality of player to contain Madrid. Lovren has been poor and Johnson is not brilliant defensively, Mignolet always looks like he has a mistake or two in him. Liverpool don't currently have the mentality or squad to compete at this level, Madrid are years ahead of them in virtually every area. Real Madrid -1.75AH - 1.83 - 32red - 3 Points Real Madrid -2.0AH - 2.05 - bet365 - 3 Points

Re: Real Madrid v Liverpool > Tuesday November 4th I'm gonna take a shot in the dark with this one and back real first half -2 @5.5 for two unis. Lets face it, Real isn't slowing down, they've demolished Liverpool at Anfield and the only difference is Liverpools morale is worse that it was at their last game and Real is playing at home for that extra motivational boost to score. Seems like a good enough reason to try.

Re: Real Madrid v Liverpool > Tuesday November 4th Real Madrid v Liverpool FC (Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is likely to rest Gerrard and Lovren as he looks to keep his players fresh for Premier League leaders Chelsea on Saturday.) Real Madrid: Carvajal (8/0 d), Khedira (4/0 m), Illarramendi (7/0 m), Fábio Coentrão (1/0 d), Jesé (0/0 f) Liverpool FC: Sturridge (3/1 f, probably out), Enrique (2/0 d, doubtful), Sakho (3/0 d), Flanagan (0/0 d), Suso (0/0 m) Information from more then 50 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Re: Real Madrid v Liverpool > Tuesday November 4th Line set at +-2 and Poll @ 13.5 ... What happened? Guys above said it well, when form, momentum and quality are taken into account this is what you get. One could say the price is not far off maybe. But, this line against Pool? Haven't watched them much lately, the first 30 min in the former leg and Liverpool were having a picnic at the back on the day, indeed. I'd never take the hosts in a game of footy at this odds. On the long run this simply has to be avoided obviously, or something on the outsider. Can't really make a case for the visitors, it's a shot in the dark. Sometimes it pays not to know the circumstances. If I'd watch the game and want to have a go a half a point on Pool +2. Cheers

Re: Real Madrid v Liverpool > Tuesday November 4th As everyone is looking at higher H'caps, I will simply go for Over 3,5 goals with medium to high stakes, and Over 4,5 goals with smaller ones. I mean beating the -2 AH is so close to Over 3,5 goals that I see it as a better options. As much as I enjoy Real's game at the moment, I believe that any decent team can score against them. They simply outscore...big.

Re: Real Madrid v Liverpool > Tuesday November 4th

As everyone is looking at higher H'caps' date=' I will simply go for [b']Over 3,5 goals with medium to high stakes, and Over 4,5 goals with smaller ones. I mean beating the -2 AH is so close to Over 3,5 goals that I see it as a better options. As much as I enjoy Real's game at the moment, I believe that any decent team can score against them. They simply outscore...big.
I just think the total goals is a more difficult bet than the ASIAN, simply because Liverpool will probably not get on the score-sheet. Their goal production is terrible at the moment. Balotelli is drifting out of games, and Sterling is alone ... A few things ... 1) Real eased off completely in the 1st game at Anfield. Will they do similar in a same position in this game ? I am not sure, as after the previous meeting they faced Barcelona in the League ... 2) Bale is back. They are packed with talent to the rafters. In most cases there is a damn good player to bring on, so players are motivated to play well ! 3) Real have Vallecano at home on Saturday, which they would expect to beat easily. Do they let it rip in this game and demolish Liverpool 4 or 5 ? They have a big chance to make a statement here, but will they do it ?

Re: Real Madrid v Liverpool > Tuesday November 4th REAL MADRID – LIVERPOOL Over 3.5 at 1.84 @ Marathonbet Two big names of the European football are meeting at “Santiago Bernabeu”, but in the same time Real Madrid is a much stronger team this year. The Spaniards come from a series of 11 straight wins at all competitions, having scored 46 goals at this number of games. The count 3/3 wins at Champions’ League group stage and they are also at the top of Primera Division, after their 0-4 win against Granada on weekend. Liverpool, on the other hand, continues to be problematic and raises high concerns at its fans. The Reds count one (difficult) win and two losses at the group stage and show up at the 7th place of Premier League. The team of Brendan Rodgers has significant weaknesses at defense and attack, thus playing a very predictable football. Nevertheless, the Reds are obliged to take a positive result at today’s match, in order to retain their hopes for qualification at the round of “16”. This fact, in combination with Real Madrid’s brilliant attack, leads me to the choice of Over 3.5 at this match.

Re: Real Madrid v Liverpool > Tuesday November 4th I think the game may end up like 4-0/5-0 or maybe even more for Madrid. Maybe The Reds will score one. IMO Madrid are in the best shape since Ancelotti arrived. They play for fun, Carlo does not rotate a lot, I expect him to us his strongest eleven with Kroos/Modric/James/Isco/Ronaldo/Benzema, Bale will probably start on the bench as it would be unreasonable to leave Isco when he is in top form now. I think Bale will get around 20 minutes and it could cause Liverpool problems as since he has to compete with Isco, he will be motivated and will definitely do his best. Some of you write about Real easing off, for me it is very unlikely. They did it at Anfield because of Gran Derby, now as neilovan wrote they have Vallecano at home - no reason to rest anyone or to gear down after 60 minutes. Ronaldo fights for Golden Ball, has 17 goals in 9 games and Champions League is the best place to show off, not to mention he aims at breaking Raul record, Benzema scores and assists, James improves every game and shows his magic, the same with Isco. Modric and Kroos dictate tempo and rule the midfield. Ancelotti will probably play Navas, he won't be relaxed as he fights with Casillas. There are no weak points within this team at the moment. Their oppossition is Liverpool, totally out of shape, Rodgers under pressure, they lose, do not score many goals, have a lot of injuries, Chelsea on Saturday. They lost to Madrid 3-0 at home, it could have been 5-0 but Madrid relaxed because of Barca. Rodgers says they are confident and could do something at Bernabeu. For me he sounds like does not believe his own words. On one side we have extremely confident and motivated (Bernabeu, they play to entertain their fans and get staning ovation) attacking side in top form, probably no.1 in the world at the moment, full of world class and with Ronaldo in his best trying to score as many as he can. On the other side we have Liverpool, mentally destroyed, Rodgers looks like he does not know how to improve his team, he simply cannot park the bus (and I think it would be the only chance to avoid embarrassment), there are news he will rest some players and use substitutes. Whatever he does I think they are not able to stop Madrid. Of course it is football and anything could happen, however all signs show that not tonight. I would go for Madrid (-2) and (-3), overs for Madrid goals (at least 2,5, but I think they will score at least 4). Good luck:)

Re: Real Madrid v Liverpool > Tuesday November 4th Madrid are clearly the much stronger side. But Liverpool were doing well early on in the first game at Anfield. Also Madrid are well clear on 9 points with the other sides all on 3 points. So they don't really need to win this game. It certainly COULD be a big Madrid win, but I think it's a mistake to write off Liverpool's chances.

Madrid are clearly the much stronger side. But Liverpool were doing well early on in the first game at Anfield. Also Madrid are well clear on 9 points with the other sides all on 3 points. So they don't really need to win this game. It certainly COULD be a big Madrid win' date=' but I think it's a mistake to write off Liverpool's chances.[/quote'] I think they call that sitting on the fence..;)

The other concern is winning at Anfield means Real Madrid don't have to stress about winning here. I'm sure they will want to win and will obviously try. But the moment professional footballers have the idea in their head that winning isn't entirely necessary' date= it rarely leads to a magnificent performance on the pitch. And that's a worry for me.
You put it better than I did :ok

Never say never Aidy :)
I've never seen you back a favourite on the Asian, or am I mistaken Louis? Just because a team is a big price, doesn't necessarily make them value. This game all comes down to how much Madrid want to win the game really, if they are up for it, they will cover the -1 very easily. Best hope for Liverpool is a 1-1 draw, that would be a sublime result for them.

Re: Real Madrid v Liverpool > Tuesday November 4th Ronaldo to out score Liverpool, 7/4 Paddy Power If indeed Gerrard & Sterling don't play, you would surely assume Liverpool have more than one eye on the Chelsea fixture, & are almost resigned to defeat before a ball has even been kicked?! Cannot see anything than a convincing RM victory, & it's hard to see Liverpool actually scoring. Ronaldo is scoring for fun, & will be looking to equal Raul's record of 71 CL goals with 1 goal, 2 to overhaul him, with Messi hot on his heels on 69. Looks a fair price to me 7/4. 1 ought to land the bet, 2+ almost certainly will IMO Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Real Madrid v Liverpool > Tuesday November 4th Strangely Liverpool will settle for a low scoring defeat a draw would be a fantastic result. Cant see them venturing forward to much leaving them self open at the back to a rampant Madrid attack. For me its Team to score R Madrid only @ 2.37 Hills

Re: Real Madrid v Liverpool > Tuesday November 4th Cristiano Ronaldo to score first 5/2 paddy power To score an Hat trick 7/1 paddy power Real Madrid to win 3-0 7/1 paddy power Well there is only two matches this season he has not scored in and he is in red form so at this price it is a great bet because usually he scores first Real Madrid will easily win this but the important thing is by how many

I've never seen you back a favourite on the Asian, or am I mistaken Louis? Just because a team is a big price, doesn't necessarily make them value
You are mistaken, but I admit I have a weakness for backing 'Davids' instead of 'Goliaths' :ok

Funny result again while the whole world was on a big madrid win. Sponsored by :-)
A win is a win. Toure - man of the match, or the goalie, regardless. My Over - lost...See no ''conspiracy here, with the game being the highlight of the night...on paper :-)

The first game at Anfield was fairly painful for Liverpool but they did appreciate they were playing against a far better side than they can currently offer, the Newcastle game at the weekend showed the team is currently in crisis. The new signings have offered somewhere between little and nothing, Lambert isn't trusted, Balotelli plays for himself, Markovic was physically weak in the Portuguese league and has no hope in the Premiership for the time being, Can is injury prone and Lallana has probably been the biggest success and didn't make the bench at the weekend - perhaps being rested for this game. I watched Madrid at the weekend and their attacking play showed no sign of letting up, they are simply on fire. Bale might return for the game but I'm not 100% sure he greatly improves them, the side seems quite balanced without him in it although if he is fit he will play, if he does come off the bench his pace could cause lots of problems against a tiring defence in the last 30 mins. The biggest problem for Liverpool is that they have no tactical ability to adapt to different sides, they always try to play on the front foot - or at least be as attacking as they can. I'm not convinced Rodgers will change the way they approach this game despite the mauling in the first game, have they got the players to defend in large numbers then break with speed? In Sterling they have a very capable young player but if they stick him out on the wing where he mostly was at the weekend then his impact is limited. The midfield is going to have to be very compact and I haven't seen anything to make me think they can be. Madrid have so much quality in the side it is difficult to see them not winning by at least a couple in their current form, they will want to wrap up qualification as soon as possible and a win here will virtually guarantee top spot. James scored a stunner on Saturday and seems to improve game on game. All Madrid's talents are in their attacking players and most of Liverpool's problems are at the back, they conceded plenty last season but had Suarez and Sturridge, with neither of these available and Stirling struggling with poor players around him they have been ruthlessly exposed at times. There is no time to regroup either as the games continue to come quickly, they won't change their style of play and don't have the defensive quality of player to contain Madrid. Lovren has been poor and Johnson is not brilliant defensively, Mignolet always looks like he has a mistake or two in him. Liverpool don't currently have the mentality or squad to compete at this level, Madrid are years ahead of them in virtually every area. Real Madrid -1.75AH - 1.83 - 32red - 3 Points Real Madrid -2.0AH - 2.05 - bet365 - 3 Points
Didn't get to watch the game unfortunately, looking at the stats though it was pretty much one-way traffic and we were unlucky not to get at least a two goal margin of victory. I was wrong about Rodgers not being able to play a different set of tactics as it seems they were very defensive on the night and looked to break when possible, would play the same bets again in a heartbeat though. Rodgers has certainly put pressure on himself for the Chelsea game with that team selection.

Re: Real Madrid v Liverpool > Tuesday November 4th I thought Liverpool might have got a result last night if they fielded a full team as Madrid were treating it a bit like a training match (probably due to the fact they are already certain to top the group). Madrid could have easily put out a weak team too, but they treat the Champions League how it should be treated. Liverpool on the other hand, they have been waiting 5 years to get back into the competition and then Rodgers throws a game, disgraceful. So, they are resting players for Chelsea in a bid to get back into the Champions League next season, yet once they get into it they field a reserve side! Don't see the logic Mr Rodgers.

Funny result again while the whole world was on a big madrid win. Sponsored by :-)
Nope, I too them on the outright @ 1.21 for a large stake which I was happy with as Liverpool had zero intention of exerting themselves. Sadly I had a large stake on Over 1.5, so made a big loss overall. Pity Madrid put in such a half-assed effort after they scored, as otherwise they could have had five, Liverpool didn't defend well, Madrid were just sh*te. Thought about taking a small red at half-time on the 1.5 but thought even a half-assed Madrid should get one more, but you know you're in trouble when a game is 1-0 with twenty to play and both sides are happy with that.