** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Nap of the Day - Thursday 9th October 2014

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 9th October 2014 Ex 3.20 - Green Bank - win at 13/2 bog wm hill Handicap chase My selection won last time out by making all on good to firm ground and I think he could do the same again today on a track that suits fronts runners but is also quite stiff. He's won over further so his stamina is assured The current favourite is American Legend who was a lucky winner last time as all the other horses were impeded by a loose one. The form has worked out but he might not be so lucky this time According to Sarah might not get the trip and Welsh Bard appears to have gone off the boil and might need a break after racing through the summer The main dangers could be the 2 coming back for seasonal debuts, Caulfields Venture and Regal Presence but hopefully my selection can stretch the field out and test their fitness. They both act here and fought out a close finish here in March this year. Regal presence does appear to save his best for RH tracks and good going but he has been fairly well beaten on his seasonal debuts. Caulfields venture starts the season a stone higher than his last winning mark having risen by 25lbs last season. It's a lot to ask a horse to carry on improving at that rate for a second season.

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 9th October 2014

2.10 AYR (Class 4 - 1m Maiden Stakes) SIR CHAUVELIN @6/5 (StanJames #BOG) 2yo gelding from Authorized, Sir Chauvelin will try to break his maiden tag at the fifth attempt over an already tested course and distance combo. In fact this J Goldie animal went second here almost three weeks ago in a Class 2 Nursery handicap (OR 68), beaten by 1/2 lenghts by Power Play (OR 93). It was a different day since the going was good to firm but the horse is still clearly progressing and looking at his pedigree it's hard to believe he won't enjoy soft ground. He's the lonely of this pretty lowly leveled field already tested on 1m and this should be his best distance for what we've seen so far. I don't like J Goldie as a trainer nor G Lee as a jockey (quantity over quality isn't my philosophy) but I can't deny the latter is a nice workhorse with a pretty solid record at the track (14.6% strike rate and a +10.0% yield) who doesn't suffer at all riding on softer surfaces. Taking a quick look at the opponents: Battleranger is stepped up from 6f and seems to enjoy faster ground, Go Dan Go has a best RPR of 59 in two runs and market second fav Fortuna Glas trainer is D McCain who probably should focus himself on the upcoming NH season considering his results on the flat. Of course soft ground is the biggest question mark and G Lee never won a 2yo maiden for Goldie but Sir Chauvelin is a 71 rated experienced horse with several ticks on the card (course, distance, class) who's still offered at 6/5 instead of evens because the market is overrating a lot R A Fahey newcomer Woofie. Can win a maiden of this type imho.
Beaten by a 80/1 shot ridden by an apprentice. :puke

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 9th October 2014 5.10 ayr secret recipe. looking for a horse that acts in testing conditions and this one fits the bill. not in form lately but has dropped quite a bit in the weights to a mark of 77 and has won on heavy ground. lightly raced, too, so could improve naturally, and with many needing to answer questions regarding the ground,i feel secret recipe has excellent claims this afternoon. 0.5 points ew 14/1 ladbrokes bog

Re: Nao of the Day - Thursday 9th October 2014

5.40 ayr Royal Duchess e/w 8/1 bet365 three time 2nd over course incl 2 over CD , lto was on similar conditions that it faces today with forecast conditions to be soft today. Carberry takes over from eaves so 5lbs will come in handy , previously claimed 7lbs and finished 2nd on board off 1lb lower. Megan good s/r for yard with 4 wins from 12 and 4 more top 3 finishes. on a bad run , hopefull this rans as it can , was tempted by petergate
Woo hoo no nil pois now , shame I went ew but glad to get any points lol

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 9th October 2014 7:20 Wolverhampton - Energia Eros (100/1 Betfred) 1pt Win I was initially drawn to Compilicit in this race as he goes well on the AW and gets a few pounds from his main market rivals, but he is no value at the current prices and needs to improve on what he has shown so far anyway. I am willing to take a massive leap of faith on Energia Eros at a massive price, he has shown absolutely nothing in his previous three starts when trained by Marco Botti, but he is now switched to John Berry's yard and takes a sizable drop in class. It is very hard to know what to make of his previous form in Brazil but he was good enough to win a Group race out there and if he can recapture anything like that form here he must have a better chance than the current odds suggest. It is a big "if" and he is probably far more likely to finish last but at 100/1 it is well worth a speculative interest imo.

Re: Nao of the Day - Thursday 9th October 2014 Winners today; Xtc 10/11 Shaunmac 7/2 (no bookie) Corky 11/10 Striker 9/4 Drew 9/4 Smarty 11/10 JJG 20/1 EW BH 7/1 R4 Aidy 7/2 Trapper 10/1 EW R4 Kev 8/1 EW Twinny 3rd 8/1 EW :clap later;

20:20 Wolverhampton - Evacusafe Lady @ 5/4 Bet365 BOG
20:20 Wolverhampton - Evacusafe Lady - 5/4 - BetVic BOG