** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Nap of the day competition Wed 10th september 2014

corky

Re: Nap of the day competition Wed 10th september 2014 Copied from my sprint thread; Doncaster 3.00 I'm not one for short priced horses in this thread as you can see by the figures but sometimes you just have to select the most likely winner regardless and Reckless Abandon has to be the selection tomorrow at Donny. He went into many notebooks after his Listed 3rd to Steps at Newmarket on unsuitable firm ground. He gets his conditions here and is better off with the winner. A saver on one of my old favourites Swan Song is the alternative to small stakes at a big price. Selections: 1pt Reckless Abandon 9/4 Coral

Re: Nap of the day competition Wed 10th september 2014 B Fifty Two 3.00pm Doncaster - 0.5pt EW 12-1 BetVictor (BOG) Still looks on the upgrade to me recently and likes to get his toe in when possible so I'm hoping the ground is good to soft by race time. Won well last time out over 6f and also won back in June over 5f, both on good to soft. Previously rated as high as 107 but seemed to go off the boil but since June his rating has catapulted from 88 back up to 103 and you sometimes just need to catch a horse at the right time, that time could be today. This race has gone to horses aged 4 or 5 in the last few years. I am also keen on Mecca's Angel but the lack of winning 3 year olds recently puts me off slightly. Hills has decent overall stats for Doncaster over the last 5 seasons (15% strike rate, +£26.97 profit to level stakes) but they are not as impressive for 2014 here.

Re: Nap of the day competition Wed 10th september 2014 D5.15 Sacrosanctus e/w 40/1 Coral Both trainer and jockey show a profit at the course and the high draw in this big field could well prove to be an advantage. The horse has been leading in virtually all its races only to fade late on so this drop back to 5 furlongs looks sure to suit. If the first time head gear has the desired effect, then the horse could run better than its rank outsider rating, the horse is now 11lb lower than its last winning mark.

Re: Nap of the day competition Wed 10th september 2014 Doncaster 3.35 - Patriotic (1pts win, 18/1 Stan James) A wide open affair really with 16 runners contesting (at the time of posting) but I've sided with Patriotic in this one. He won this race in 2012 which has been his only turf win to date but his other two runs at this track have been good efforts 4th of 18 and 3rd of 16 so goes well here.

Re: Nap of the day competition Wed 10th september 2014 20.15 Kempton: Conditions Stakes, Class 4: Very interesting little race here with plenty of really nice prospects in the line-up. When I was looking through it last night, without having prices, I was wondering how the market would look like this morning. Seeing the prices this morning, I am certainly a bit baffled. A quick check-in with any runner in this field first though: Mr Quicksilver: Expensive newcomer, cost €300k as a yearling and lovely bred with Group winning form on sire and dam side. Also a full brother to a French 2.000 Guineas and has some big race entries. Will have to be ready and live up to pedigree in order to win this against tough opposition. Restorer: Impressive winner on debut at Ffos Las. Quickened nicely and won hands and heels by 3 lengths. More required here, but should be competitive. Dam was All-Weather winner. Sharp Sailor: Was a €140k yearling, made half of that when sold a 2yo Fine pedigree and related to good horses. Won in excellent fashion on second career outing at Lingfield lto, producing some impressive change of gear. Form works out already. More to come. St Lawrence Gap: Shocking debut. Need to improve dramatically to be in with a chance. Local Time: Well bred, step up in trip no problem, i nfact should relish the additional furlong on pedigree. Won in super impressive style maiden here at kempton lto, going clear easily in closing stages. Form strong and works out well with couple of subsequent winners, including one who went on to perform with loads of credit in Group company. Receives weight from the boys here. Verdict: Local Time seems to set a very high standard given his strong win here at Kempton lto. He's bound to improve and looks a nice prospect. However his sires record with 2yo over 1m isn't particularly impressive and it might well be that Local Time turns out to be a better 3yo and find this test today tough. On that basis the price is too short given the strong field she has to beat today. Sharp Sailor makes plenty of appeal on paper and form too. More to come from him too. Bit the forgotten horse seems to be the newcomer Mr Quicksilver. Drifting currently in the betting and we don't know what he is like, but he boosts such a strong pedigree and is related to plenty of good horses, that he must be of interest here. Connections wouldn't start him in such a strong racing if he wouldn't have shown anything at home. That goes along with his entries for big sales races next month. So I'll be taking him a chance on him. --- Mr Quicksilver @ 9/1 VC

Re: Nap of the day competition Wed 10th september 2014 Galway 6:30 - Loosen My Load @ 9/2 Boylesports Finished 2nd behind Art Of Logistics at Punchestown in June and followed that up with two solid runs at Killarney and Galway in good handicaps. Disappointed in a very tough handicap at Killarney last time out but a small field will suit much better and he has one of the best young jockeys around on board claiming 5 pounds.