** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Italy > Serie A TIM > 30th - 31st August

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 30 August 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Chievo v Juventus (17:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.64[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]98.70 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]AS Roma v Fiorentina (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.89[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.23 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 31 August 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]AC Milan v Lazio (17:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.62 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Atalanta v Hellas Verona (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.35[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Cesena v Parma (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.54[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.39 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Genoa v Napoli (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.25[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.75 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Palermo v Sampdoria (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.32[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.35[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.7[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.98 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Sassuolo v Cagliari (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.35[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.05[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.10 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Torino v Internazionale (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.12[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.41 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Udinese v Empoli (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.91[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.44 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Italy > Serie A TIM > 30th - 31st August Ac Milan - Lazio Lazio to win 3/1 Bet365 Ac Milan have looked woefully in the preseason, they have not really bought any players to address the needs of the team while lazio have been making some smart buys. First game of the season in front of home fans for the new coach, the pressure will be on, I can Milan starting the season slowly

Re: Italy > Serie A TIM > 30th - 31st August Sassuolo - Cagliari Zdenek Zeman has been appointed as Cagliari Calcio new manager. All football fans should know, what that means. On the other side, Sassuolo, managed by Di Francesco, like the high numbers on scoresheet aswell. The team didn't changed much in summer, most important they secured Domenico Berardi for another season. Bookies probably didn't take Zeman into account, the price for overs is generous with these two teams included. over 2,5 @1.92 ?(still available at Dafabet, 188bet).

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Italy > Serie A TIM > 30th - 31st August Chievo v Juve It's matchday 1 in Serie A and maybe that's the reason the odds are higher than usual vs Chievo. I don't expect Juve to start with any rust as I saw them play preseason matches in Australia and they played sharp and won them all. They played also "all star" teams from a couple asian countries and won with embarassing score lines. 8-1 was one of them against Indonesian all stars. Chievo lost their last 3 friendlies and on 23rd August lost 1-0 in the cup to lowly Pescara. 4 losses in a row. They have retained Vidal, Pogba and Pirlo. Keeping these 3 together is the strongest asset the team has and Chievo has no answers to this midfield domination. I'll go for the straight win here as we saw last season time and time again Juve winning matches just 1-0 (especially away) but always looking comfortable throughout. Juve to win @ 1.60 (expect this to shorten)

Re: Italy > Serie A TIM > 30th - 31st August

Ac Milan - Lazio Lazio to win 3/1 Bet365 Ac Milan have looked woefully in the preseason, they have not really bought any players to address the needs of the team while lazio have been making some smart buys. First game of the season in front of home fans for the new coach, the pressure will be on, I can Milan starting the season slowly
Wow can't believe prices. Milan priced up on name.

Thanks for the heads-up best to stay away from this game especially as it's the first game of the season. Juve may well win but with those absentees it may well pay to swerve to the game.
when the likely: buffon-evra,ogbonna,bonucci,liechsteiner-vidal,marchisio,pogba-coman,pereyra-tevez

info from juventus andrea pirlo out a month' date='chiellini disqualifield and morata-barzagli injured ,llorente with fever doubtful and vidal e evra late form[/quote'] barzagli morata llorente won't be felt. Back 3 will be Ogbonna, Bonucci, Carceres imo midfield 3 strong with Marchisio, Pogba, Vidal Llorente is rubbish and Tevez with Giovinco should do ok.

Re: Italy > Serie A TIM > 30th - 31st August Chievo vs Juventus win for Juventus with clean sheet @ 2.65 Marathonbet Finally, the action begins in Serie A. Crowned Juventus starts with an away game against Chievo that should not be proven puzzling. After the departure of successful Antonio Conte for the national team of Italy, Massimiliano Allegri makes his debut as the manager of "Vecchia Signora". The squad has hardly changed, key players like Pogba, Tevez, Marchisio remained, at the same time Juventus is dying to keep versatile midfielder Vidal not to tranfer to Manchester United. Champions didn't spend much on transfers, the most significant addition was striker Alvaro Morata from Real Madrid. In contrast, Chievo last year avoided relegation anxiously, the squad is probably one of the worst in Serie A and i don' think that has what it takes to challenge top level clubs of the league. Juventus won most of the games last year with clean sheet, i expect them to do also today.

when the likely: buffon-evra,ogbonna,bonucci,liechsteiner-vidal,marchisio,pogba-coman,pereyra-tevez
For me Juventus tactic for this match is 3-5-2: Buffon, Caceres,Bonucci,Ogbonna, Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Marchisio, Pogba,Asamoah, Coman, Tevez. With Llorente start at the bench. It's difficult that Allegri change the tactics now.

Re: Italy > Serie A TIM > 30th - 31st August I think the missing players are very important for Juve, but it shouldn't stop them scraping past Chievo. Ogbonna, Bonucci, Caceres is definitely not an ideal back three. If Chievo decide to dig in, which they probably will, I don't see Juve blowing them away. I think Juve may well start slowly, so personally I will wait and try to catch them at HT as they should be able to overpower Chievo eventually.

Re: Italy > Serie A TIM > 30th - 31st August Given the long-awaited return there is a lot that tempts me this weekend. First off Lazio away to Milan. The woes of the home side are well known, both on and off the pitch. Inzaghi is inexperienced and the players available do not seem to suit a 4-3-3. Defensively they are a joke. Armero and Alex will probably come good, but for the time being there could be some confusion. Bonera and Zapata are both capable of giving up a goal in their own calamitous way. The midfield and attack are both decent but still lacking. The midfield lacks creativity and even if Cristante does get a good look in, he is inexperienced and will not control matches yet. Up front, Honda doesn't suit playing out wide, Menez is washed up and one-dimensional, and El Sha has a lot to prove and Pazzini is the only true CF, but at best is worth 10 goals. The players and formation do not form a cohesive team, and they lack individual quality. Milan are very likely to struggle this season. Lazio have had a very decent Summer. Recruited well for their formation, and they have the makings of a very decent team. The defence is still a bit unsettled as Basta and De Vrij are integrated, but it has the makings of being an ok back 4. Parolo, Biglia and Lulic is a well balanced midfield 3, offering a little bit of everything. Up front Candreva and Keita provide direct width with Klose or Djorjevic playing the CF role. Contrary to Milan, that group of players is very well suited to a 4-3-3 and that should tell on the day. Neither is very suited to controlling a game but I think Lazio are the more dangerous and well worth backing. Lazio +0.5 - 1.900 - 6 points - Bet365 Lazio win - 3.75 - 2 points - Bet365 If ever goals were to be expected in a game then it is surely Sassuolo - Cagliari. Zeman's style is well known and he never ever changes. Di Francesco is also known to have been influenced by Zeman. Both defences are an absolute wreck, and both sides will concede so many goals this season. Cagliari probably edge the midfield as Conti is a leader and Ekdal and Cristieg are decent all-rounders. Biondini is a hack of a destroyer and Kurtic is the only midfielder that possesses any craft for Sassuolo. Neither midfield is capable of controlling a match though and therefore neither manager tries to do so. Moving the ball quickly through to the attacking trio is the name of the game, and in the attacking third is where you will find the best players of both teams. Berardi, Sansone and Zaza is a young, exciting trio with pace and explosive finishing. For Cagliari, Cossu is a crafty no.10, previously their best player and Sau has good movement and finishing. Farias is a new signing, but he is likely to be very direct. Unfortunately it doesn't look like Ibarbo is ready to play yet. Every season one or two strikers explode under Zeman's management, and it is likely to be him. I give the home side the edge 1X2-wise, purely because of the extent which Zeman plays gung-ho football and their edge up front. It will surely be an exciting game to watch. Over 2.75 - 1.925 - 6 points Over 4.5 - 5.00 - 1 point Sassuolo - 1.5 - 4.150 - 1 point All Bet365

Re: Italy > Serie A TIM > 30th - 31st August What do you think of Udinese - Empoli? I must admit, I haven't followed any transfer news in the Serie A this summer, so I don't know if Udine lost any key players or not (apart from reading above that Di Natale is staying for another season, which must be a plus). So is home win a good choice at around 1.80sh? And is there a place where I can read previews and current news for the teams (preferably in English, but Italian will do as well). Thanks.

Re: Italy > Serie A TIM > 30th - 31st August AS Roma v Fiorentina Roma have found the net 8 out of 10 home matches, most with more than 1 goal. Squad in good shape and includes Totti. Fiorentina have scored in their last 9 out of 10 away matches. Gomez and Pizzaro both playing and the squad is in good shape as well... Both teams to score @1.9 Bet365

Re: Italy > Serie A TIM > 30th - 31st August Here we go in another painful year with my favorite team AC Milan. First I want to say this is really disgusting what Berlusconi is doing to Milan. He has spend 0 euro in last 3 years and he worth how much 8 billion or something. These days teams like Sunderland, West Brom or Newcastle have more money then Milan. New signings this year:Lopez, Armero, Alex, Menez and Torres, all for free and they've sold Balotelli for 20M euro. But enough complaining let see where this team stand now. Our defense is still a joke. Alex and Armero should make us better than last year? Give me a break. Bonera is still here which is bad news, probably Alex and Rami will be starters but who knows because all of them all same quality players. All in all our defense will be joke, Diego Lopez is good goalkeeper but without quality defensive players I don't expect miracles from him. Midfielders: We have plenty of destructive players but no one creative. Essien, Muntari, De Jong all destructive players we don't have player like Pirlo or Alonso. Cristante should play that role but he is average player at best in my opinion. Montolivo is injured and next one should be Poli also average player at best. We also need good, fast player who can play behind the strikers but guess what, there is no one there also. Honda played that role in CSKA, now he is winger even he is slower than my grandma. Menez he barely played football last year so who knows what to expect from him. Same for El Shaarawy, in preseason games El Shaarawy was good only in one game. In other games he looked awful. Saponara? I don't even want to talk about him. Probably our best midfielder now is 16 years old Hachim Mastour but I doubt that he'll play much Strikers: Pazzini, Torres and Niang. I doubt that Torres will be ready for Lazio. Even if he is ready he should learn how to hit the net first because he is far away from Torres we used to know. Niang is another Torres in younger version. Pazzini nothing special in my eyes. So last year I was too emotional to play against my team but now I think it's more profitable to go against Milan in all their first 6-7 games. Lazio is nothing special but at this point I think they are more balanced team than Milan. All the value is on Lazio

Re: Italy > Serie A TIM > 30th - 31st August Agree with all above on Milan - Lazio. Another important aspect is Inzaghi vs Pioli. Inzaghi is a player we all loved but as a manager who knows if he's even capable. It seems he was chosen for the same reason as Seedorf and the other new players, because he was free and Berlusconi doesn't want to spend. Bad signs. Bruta figura. Pioli has a reputation for getting the best out of his players and saved Bologna apparently from the drop zone last season or the season before. So he was chosen on ability and has a clear vision for this team. Not to mention a heap of experience more than Pippo.

Re: Italy > Serie A TIM > 30th - 31st August Torino vs Inter half time tie/Inter win @ 5.70 Marathonbet One of the most interesting games of the first week on Serie A happens at Torino. The hosts start with a derby against Inter and i am really looking forward for this fixture, because it's about two teams that we are used to see play solid football. Both of them have been playing in the summer for Europe, so they will be ready, but i think this new looking Inter has an advantage. I believe that the first half is going to be tough for both teams to find rhythm, maybe a goal will be enough for the visitors to win this game (having in mind that Inter scored at least one goal at the last 9 visits at Torino).

Re: Italy > Serie A TIM > 30th - 31st August Inter look really good in Midfield with Medel, M'Vila, Kovacic, Guarin, Alvarez and I like Vidic at the back to lend his tremendous experience to the defenders. It's just the attackers. Icardi, Osvaldo and Palacio just don't sit right with me. This side would look pretty good with a world class striker to finish whatever the midfield creates.

Re: Italy > Serie A TIM > 30th - 31st August One more for me as I fancy Samp to ruffle Palermo today. There is a degree of uncertainty as I have not watched Palermo since their relegation but they are far from the Palermo of 4 or 5 years ago. They were recently rolled in the Coppa by Modena, with an XI that is not too dissimilar to to how they should lineup today. There is nobody of note in their squad and they are heavily considered to be going back down to Serie B. I am sure Zamparini is already sharpening his sword, which will probably fall within five or six matches. They are a chaotic club and on paper, they don't look equipped for the battle. On the contrary, Samp have had a period of relative stability. They are not world beaters by any means, but they have a solid foundation and one of the more exciting forward lines in the league. There is a nice experience and physicality to their core and their front line will cause opposing defences a lot of issues this season. Okaka is the brute force CF that can hold the ball up, allowing Eder and Sansone to float around. The away side will fancy their chances of picking something up today, taking advantage of the instability of the hosts. They are superior in every area and I am content to take them on a positive line. Sampdoria +0.25 - 2.00 - 4 points. Sampdoria win - 3.30 - 1 point. Bet365.

Re: Italy > Serie A TIM > 30th - 31st August It's déjà vu all over again in Italy and as you were at the top of the table with opening day wins for last season's top two Juventus and Roma yesterday and the pack are playing catch up from the get go. If Milan, Inter or Napoli have any real title ambitions and at this stage, of course they do, they will need to keep pace early and even taking one of just three Champions League spots is going to be very tough if you are giving the rest a head start. Milan, especially, fell out of the blocks last season and also in 2012-13 when they gave Juve and Napoli a 15 and 12 point start over the first 8 games and then finished third 15 and six points respectively adrift, the title race was over before it had begun. They above all the teams need a fast start, but it might not be so easy . We know little about Fillppo Inzaghi as a coach, they have been poor in pre season, Mario Balotelli has left this week ( good/bad ?) , Ricardo Montolivo is injured and Mattia De Sciglio and Philippe Mexes are both suspended. They signed Fernando Torres (good/bad ?) late this week, he will not feature today and with Giampaolo Pazzini having failed a test yesterday, that leaves 21yo Stephan El Shaarawy, 19 yo M'Baye Niang and 16 yo Hachim Mastour as the only recognised strikers in the squad. As talented as they might be and potential they have aplenty, SES played just 209 minutes in an injury hit last season and has not scored a Serie A goal since February 2013, Mastour has never played a single minute in "A" and Niang has averaged 39 minutes per game across 28 starts and never scored. I doubt they will strike fear into too many hardened Serie A pros at this stage of the campaign. ACM have been dismal in pre season and lost five to Valencia, Guadalajar, Liverpool, Manchester City and olympiakos with a 15-2 goal difference and goals look hard to come by atm, given how slowly they have started recent campaigns and in stark contrast to Lazio who have averaged 2.07 points from their opening three games over the last five seasons with a 67% win rate.They also have a new coach in Stefano PiolI and he has strengthened the spine of the team with the additions of Stefan de Vrij, Santiago Gentiletti and Marco Paolo and upfront they look potent through Djordjevic, Klose and Keita and have wonderful options out wide. This looks tough for Milan today, X2 game. 1.5 units Lazio +0.25 ball 2.19 asian lin/Sportmarket. Milan : Abbiati, Agazzi, Lopez, Abate, Albertazzi, Alex, Armero, Bonera, Rami, Zaccardo, Zapata, Cristante, De Jong, Essien, Honda, Muntari, Poli, Saponara, El Shaarawy, Mastour, Menez, Niang. Lazio : Berisha, Guerrieri, Strakosha, Braafheid, Cana, de Vrij, Novaretti, Konko, Radu, Gentiletti, Basta , Lulic, Ledesma, Gonzalez, Mauri, Parolo, Biglia, Candreva, Cataldi, Felipe Anderson , Klose, Keita, Djordjevi.

Guys what about Parma away win?
generally parma over the last few seasons having had best results at home with long unbeaten record but on the road its different story. i think casena are decent team so i will play casena or draw. you can get odds for 1.75 on wh and good return on £100 bet.