** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Nap of the Day - Saturday 2nd Aug 2014

Taking a wee chance on the going changing with this one as any rain would enhance his chances, the 7yr old has yet to score after 18 attempts but has run his best races here at Hamilton, the trip is well within his grasp and and considering he also has an entry for Carlisle on Monday ''4th'' its now encouraging that Mr Goldie has opted in another return trip here at Hamilton. He runs off a nice tempting looking weight and jockey G.Bartley takes off 3lb ''However'' he does get the leg up for the first time, it really doesn't look much of a race and the only interesting runner i see that could give us a race is the Tracey Waggott runner with a certain Miss Alexander riding, but we cant back them all. 20:45 Hamilton Park - Latin Rebel. 0.5 E/w Bet @ 9/1 Paddy Power ''BOG''

Re: Nap of the Day - Saturday 2nd Aug 2014 1550 glorious goodwood 0.5 ew muthir 7/1 betfred think this down to the weather, if it is good to firm ,william haggass gelding must have a great chance of repeating his cracking win at york last time out,has a penalty for that but he is improving and that may not be enough to stop him, but the rain could!!

Re: Nap of the Day - Saturday 2nd Aug 2014 Goodwood 3:15 I had a few quid on Eastern Belle of the John Gosden yard here. John has won this the race two years in a row and although on paper this horse is the outsider of the two, this is one of the poorest renewals of this race I have seen for a long time. There are pro's and con's for nearly every horse in the field, but Eastern Belle is still lightly raced, won a Listed race last time out and is entitled to improve. Overpriced. Eastern Belle WIN @ 20/1 Ladbrokes

Re: Nap of the Day - Saturday 2nd Aug 2014 Goodwood 2.05: School Fees @ 22/1 betvictor E/W Thanks School Fees....from Olly Stevens yard who may have this race pencilled in as the 5yo has only one race this season and that was Epsom 6f GF when it finished 4th beaten by 2 lengths last month, hopefully yard used that as prep race for today, The yard had young Cam Hardie in saddle claiming 5lbs off its back running off 82 , its goes off that mark today and yard bring in the experience of Richard Hughes in the saddle

Re: Nap of the Day - Saturday 2nd Aug 2014 6.10 Doncaster Popping Candy win 12/1 bet365 Varian sends the two to Doncaster but this cl5 h/cap looks the easier assignment , can't really say much of these horses in form so wont take a great deal of winning. Lto was badly hampered and just lost its way , penultimate run was better , beaten 5L into 3rd and 1st placed today off 9lb higher off 75 and 2nd placed twice and only a hd defeat on last run off 69. If going by that then this mark of 60 could be exploitable. Only has the two pieces of form , that penultimate run and when beaten 5L behind muteela on debut , that one rated 100. Not saying its going to get that high but those in front in that maiden have comfortably ran well in marks of the 70s. Atzeni takes the ride on this 3yo and is 4/14 on board that age at the track with 3 further places

Re: Nap of the Day - Saturday 2nd Aug 2014 Goodwood 2.05 - Stepping Out (1pts win, 11/1 Coral) Winner the last twice scoring here at Goodwood and at Pontefract and has won last three races at the 6f distance so in good form. Has never run in a field this big though so that is a question mark but if handling the big occasion looks set to go well.

Re: Nap of the Day - Saturday 2nd Aug 2014 510 Donny: Justineo 7/4 Hills/Lads Fancied this one earlier when i saw he was running but they have now pulled out Spinatrix due to the ground so has to be a confident selection with that one out of the way. Saw Justineo at the open day at Newmarket last year and his lad said they had found the key to him as he was nearly untrainable earlier on in his life. Obviously can be tricky but i think they have found a nice opportunity for him here and Andrea Atzeni is up at Donny and not Goodwood today and he loves this horse.

Re: Nap of the Day - Saturday 2nd Aug 2014 Muthmir 3.50pm Goodwood - 9-2 Bet365 - 1pt WIN Every now and again you get to see a potential group horse run in a handicap and you'll probably hear that mentioned regarding Muthmir. He was given a very lenient handicap mark that he exploited with ease last week at York, running out a decisive and convincing winner. Horses have previously shown you can go and win this race the following week and I expect Muthmir to do that today. Already well supported from around 6-1 into 9-2 I expect him to be running on strongly at the end of the race. Only doubts I'd have is whether he'll go on the track as his wins have been at York and Doncaster, both flat tracks. Runs under a 6lb penalty and that might not be enough to stop him winning again.

Re: Nap of the Day - Saturday 2nd Aug 2014 13.55 Thirsk - Chances Are - 1 Pt Win @ 11\10 bog PP Well bred and promising second of 8 to Teruntum Star in maiden (7/1) at Carlisle (5f, good to firm) 11 days ago, sticking to task. Stands out on form, and entitled to improve.

Re: Nap of the Day - Saturday 2nd Aug 2014 2.40 Goodwood - 1pt win Second Step @ 15/2 (BetVictor) Kings Fete looks a bit short given his keen nature and my selection has already beaten that one in a maiden off level weights. Based on that, plus the fact this one has done nothing wrong since, at the prices looks the bet. It was a hot little maiden he won over 1m2f on his seasonal reappearance so could be expected to improve on that too. He readily scored by 2l on his handicap debut last time and I still think there's more to come off a higher mark. He looks uncomplicated, progressive and these conditions will really suit so he should be bang in the mix and is appealing at such a price.

Re: Nap of the Day - Saturday 2nd Aug 2014 1 point win cloud monkey 15.05 thirsk 22/1 bet365 i will take a chance on cloud monkey who ran a decent race 2 weeks ago finishing 5th of 10 but running on with 2 furlongs to go then dieing near the end,this is 2 furlongs shorter than that contest being over 1 mile 4 should suit,cloud monkey ran in a class 1 contest last year so connections clearly think its a good thing,todays class 4 contest could well be within its grasp,i will back this e/w but on this naps contest will do a straight win bet

Re: Nap of the Day - Saturday 2nd Aug 2014 2.40 Goodwood Oasis Fantasy 10/1 Betvic I quite fancy this horse today, it won over track & trip two runs ago & finished 2nd behind Battersea last time out at Ascot over 1m4f with Maid In Rio back in third. I think today with a strong ride and abit of improvement, it should have enough in the tank to be there abouts.

Re: Nap of the Day - Saturday 2nd Aug 2014 1.55 Thirsk - Fast magic - ew at 18/1 bog betvictor 2yo maiden This horse has shown early speed before fading in a couple of 6F maidens.......now drops back to 5F His last run was quite good in a Haydock maiden which is usually won by pretty smart types and is generally a decent race........he finished 5th after leading at the 5 furlong pole. Hopefully he can get a lead here and last home at the shorter trip The stable have had 3 winners in the last couple of days and the trainer likes to send out horses with a chance at his local Yorkshire tracks

Re: Nap of the Day - Saturday 2nd Aug 2014 3:50 Goodwood - Discussiontofollow (12/1 Paddy Power) 1pt Win Discussiontofollow has been in my tracker since winning very cheekily at Kempton in January and although I did not back him when he won at Ascot last time out I think he is well worth an investment here. He was a tad unlucky in running in the Paddy Power Scurry when third at the Curragh on his previous run and I think he did well to win at Ascot as he was drawn in stall 1 and Shane Kelly conceded a good bit of ground early on in order to race closer to the centre of the course. I think he could well be competing in group races next season so he looks feasibly weighted under a 6lb penalty today. There has been no real draw bias all week but my marginal preference would be for a high draw and I think there should be enough pace nearby to give him a good tow into the race with the likes of Ashpan Sam, Mar Mar and Expert likely to be prominent early from high draws.