Burnley v Chelsea > Monday August 18th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Burnley v Chelsea (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]11[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.45[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]98.06 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Burnley v Chelsea > Saturday August 16th A nice side bet if you're so inclined is 0-0 at half time. Burnley press high up the pitch and have excellent work rate. I can see them frustrating Chelsea for long periods. Chelsea will win this game if Hazard plays. If not this will be a draw.

Re: Burnley v Chelsea > Saturday August 16th yeah i saw burnley play once last season and they are very physically strong and the fact its the first match and huge motivation, chelsea may not have the best start to the season. it smells like 1-1 draw

Re: Burnley v Chelsea > Saturday August 16th It feels like Chelsea will win their match against Burnley though it such a long time when these two meet but I think Jose Mourinho's squad are better than Burnley, they have this powerful key players and hopefully let see if Diego Costa can adapt at Premier League.

Re: Burnley v Chelsea > Saturday August 16th I think a decent value bet is Chelsea to win by exactly 1 goal, available at around 3.60. Burnley are a very determined and well organized side thanks to their fiery manager Sean Dyche. They had the most home clean sheets in the Championship last season and I think the way Turf Moor is set up, with the fans right at the pitch, Burnley will have an excellent home atmosphere, especially in their first match back in the top flight. It reminds me a bit of Palace last season, and interestingly enough their opener last season was at home to Spurs, where Tottenham eeked out a tight 1-0 win. Of course, Chelsea this season are better than Spurs last season, but this season Chelsea also are bedding in a couple new players, especially seeing as they have an entirely new striker in Diego Costa. Some players are obviously also fatigued from the World Cup, so I wouldn't expect them to necessarily fire on all cylinders immediately. They are the deserved favorites but Dyche's Burnley side at Turf Moor will make this tough for the Blues, and considering Mourinho's habit of getting close wins, Chelsea by 1 exactly looks a good price.

Re: Burnley v Chelsea > Saturday August 16th My team (Burnley) will be motivated and organized and I'm hoping for a big performance. I'm also hoping playing Chelsea (and Man U) early is better than when they fully warmed up. However I just think Chelsea will get us at some point. Jutkiewicz has outshone Danny Ings in pre-season and might be worth an anytime goal punt if he starts. My head says we will struggle to score against them and Chelsea will grab a very late, spawny, thoroughly un-deserved, deflected miss-kick and win 0-1 No bet for me but agree on unders logic mentioned above

Re: Burnley v Chelsea > Monday August 18th Eden Hazard is one-of-six Chelsea players who won't be available for Chelsea in their first games of the 2014-15 Premier League season. World Cup fatigue will stop Chelsea from fielding their strongest lineup for the first three matches of the new season, according to Jose Mourinho. The Chelsea boss will not rush his six World Cup stars, who have had precious little club preparation, back into Premier League action. Germany's Andre Schurrle, Brazil trio Oscar, Willian and Ramires and Belgian pair Eden Hazard and Thibaut Courtois have missed most of Chelsea's preseason after their World Cup exploits. Mourinho admitted being forced to wait patiently while a host of senior stars shake off their summer exertions is simply a fact of football life. "This is modern football," Mourinho said ahead of Monday night's trip to Burnley. "It's going in this tendency -- more matches, more competitions, less time to work, even not enough time to have a real holiday for bodies and brains that top football players need. There's not enough time. "In our case we had a group that had good holiday and a good pre-season, then we had another group because Spain was out in the group phase, and that allowed us to get five players before we expected. "So that was good and created a medium group -- but the final group is very late. Mourinho went on to say that many of his side's players were not individually ready, but that the team would still be ready for their Monday match vs. Burnley. The Portuguese manager admitted he will have his work cut out to appease rival goalkeepers Courtois and Petr Cech, but vowed to foster competition between the duo. SOURCE -> http://www.espnfc.com/chelsea/story/...-league-opener

Re: Burnley v Chelsea > Monday August 18th 4pts Under 2.5 goals Evs William Hill This is a big night for Burnley and I think they will have a real go at this and put Chelsea under a bit of pressure but Chelsea are masters at soaking up pressure and getting the goals they need to win the game and I expect them to do that here but everyone will be a bit rusty and so I don’t see this being a goalfest. Burnley won’t go down without a fight and that fight can ensure Chelsea don’t run away with this so I like under 2.5 goals. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/burnley-vs-chelsea-betting-goals-may-be-low-in-supply-in-turf-moor-opener

Re: Burnley v Chelsea > Monday August 18th Under 2.5 - William Hill - evens 2 teams better defensively than attacking. Burnley conceded the least goals in the championship last season (37) and only 14! at home, Chelsea conceded the least in the premier league (27) and only 16 away. 12 of Chelsea's 19 away games went under 2.5, 15 of Burnley's 23 home games went under 2.5. I dont think Burnley will score but Chelsea will score 1 or 2 so have put small stakes on Chelsea 1-0 (WH - 6/1) and 2-0 (WH - 6/1).

Re: Burnley v Chelsea > Monday August 18th Chelsea to win, under 3.5 goals, and Costa to score anytime. 4/1 BV I see this as being a low scoring but fairly comfortable Chelsea win. Burnley will be no pushovers though and won't roll over. 2-0 seems most likely imo and at 6/1 might be worth a little flutter. Costa has looked in great touch in pre season and could/will (hopefully) be the first striker since didier to do well in a Chelsea shirt. He should start tomorrow and vs burnley should be a great chance to get off to a flyer.

Re: Burnley v Chelsea > Monday August 18th Bet - HT draw - 6/4 - Betfair Having seen Burnley a few times last season, I expect them to employ their usual high pressing game tonight. Player for player Burnley are obviously no match for Chelsea, and I can see them aiming to frustrate Chelsea for long periods of the game, keeping the score at 0-0 for as long as possible and maybe trying to nick a goal on the counter attack. Jutkiewicz was on loan with us for the second half of last season, and whilst not exactly prolific, he is an effective target-man and will probably link up well with the likes of Kightly, Taylor and Ings. As a side bet, HT score of 0-0 is 9/4 which also may worth be taking.

Re: Burnley v Chelsea > Monday August 18th Will await team news first but Chelsea to win & 1 or 2 total goals in match @ 11/5 on PaddyPower is jumping out at me. No Hazard, Schurrle, Oscar, Willian or Ramires will leave them fairly short in attack, but I think they'll still have too much in the form of Costa, Cesc and Salah. At the other end, the defence will have remained in tact and looks to be far too strong for newcomers Burnley, who went up on the back of grinding out results, rather than destroying teams. Also tempted by the HT Draw/ FT Chelsea @ 3/1.

Re: Burnley v Chelsea > Monday August 18th

Will await team news first but Chelsea to win & 1 or 2 total goals in match @ 11/5 on PaddyPower is jumping out at me. No Hazard, Schurrle, Oscar, Willian or Ramires will leave them fairly short in attack, but I think they'll still have too much in the form of Costa, Cesc and Salah. At the other end, the defence will have remained in tact and looks to be far too strong for newcomers Burnley, who went up on the back of grinding out results, rather than destroying teams. Also tempted by the HT Draw/ FT Chelsea @ 3/1.
In Chelsea last game against Real Sociedad, the players you mentioned would be absent for this game are got some minutes, like Hazard, Oscar. I'm not sure where you got this news that all the players from Brazil and German national team will not be involved in this game. I quite doubt this. Look at yesterday's Manchester City captain, Kompany and Demichelis, both of them entered the fisrt lineup.

In Chelsea last game against Real Sociedad' date=' the players you mentioned would be absent for this game are got some minutes, like Hazard, Oscar. I'm not sure where you got this news that all the players from Brazil and German national team will not be involved in this game. I quite doubt this. Look at yesterday's Manchester City captain, Kompany and Demichelis, both of them entered the fisrt lineup.[/quote'] The source (ESPN) has been linked earlier in the thread. Maybe they will come on later in the game, but they won't start and also won't be fully fit. Even if they feature, I don't think Chelsea will be flowing just yet - just look at Arsenal, Liverpool and to a lesser degree Manchester City this weekend, they all won without playing to the level that their line-ups would suggest they could. A tough first-game for Chelsea this, I think Mourinho would gladly take a 1-0 and move on.

The source (ESPN) has been linked earlier in the thread. Maybe they will come on later in the game' date=' but they won't start and also won't be fully fit. Even if they feature, I don't think Chelsea will be flowing just yet - just look at Arsenal, Liverpool and to a lesser degree Manchester City this weekend, they all won without playing to the level that their line-ups would suggest they could. A tough first-game for Chelsea this, I think Mourinho would gladly take a 1-0 and move on.[/quote'] Just to add my thoughts as a Chelsea fan. I was at the game on Wednesday against Real Sociedad and I don't imagine the side that started then will be much different to the one that starts tonight. Courtois will start in goal - he wouldn't have played the full 90 mins if he wasn't going to be the no.1 choice. Only possible changes that are likely are Luiz to possibly start at lb in place of Nathan Ake and perhaps Willian may come in for Schurrle and Cesc will play just behind Costa who looked lively at the Bridge on Wednesday (scored in the first minute). With regard to the World Cup players, Hazard will start, as will Ramires I presume, alongside Matic in a midfield pairing. Oscar will be on the bench, but not because of a lack of fitness, just the way Mourinho wants to set up I think. Not convinced we will steamroll Burnley, they should be up for this and the stadium will be rocking. Do think we will win though. Maybe a 1/2-0 win but think we will edge it.

Re: Burnley v Chelsea > Monday August 18th I can justify why this game will end in all sorts of permutations. Over/Under, Chelsea big margin win, Burnley high scoring game win and so on... I don't understand how anyone can attempt to predict this given the unpredictability of Chelsea and with Burnley being an unknown quantity in this division. Add to that It is a season opener and we should all bet in play only imv.

I don't understand how anyone can attempt to predict this
I think the benefit of trying to predict a likely result is that you can then compare your prediction with the odds and evaluate possible bets. The better you get at predicting results the better you are likely to get at betting. It's rarely if ever easy though.

Re: Burnley v Chelsea > Monday August 18th Just making it more difficult for yourself in games such as this imo. We don't need to predict a likely result pre match, we can get a better assessment viewing the game and making our decisions then. Assuming of course, like me, you believe there could be several outcomes to this match. There isn't many bets these days I'm confident enough to back pre match given how different the same team can perform one week to the next and unpredictable variables such as red cards. I'll probably play the next goal/time market if it looks like being an open game. Hoping Burnley attack Chelsea as in this case I can see the over 2.5 happening but need to assess first.

Re: Burnley v Chelsea > Monday August 18th Often when everybody expects a tight game goals come from nowhere.. :-) Sometimes it's so obvious but we keep underestimating this fact and so did I. I was on both teams to score NO first thing burnley did was scoring a goal hehe that really opened the game. Bad start for us and now it will probably go out like a candle.