BBOTD > Sunday May 18th

Re: BBOTD > Sunday May 18th Navan 4:05 I thought Leading Light would be favourite for this Group 3, and although the Weld yard is in sublime form, I think he is a better horse than Pale Mimosa. He ran in the Arc at Longchamp when last seen and these days he prefers further, things just didn't go according to plan that day and he is much much better than that. He looked impressive when beat Talent comfortably in the St Leger at Doncaster, the winner of the Oaks last year. He bolted up on his only run here at Navan and the step up to 1m6f tomorrow will be in his favour. I am expecting a big season from this horse. Leading Light WIN @ 15/8 Bet Victor

Re: BBOTD > Sunday May 18th 3:40 Ripon - Iffranesia (4/1 Bet365) 1.25pts Win Was seriously progressive on the all weather over the winter, winning four times and finishing second twice in seven starts. She translated that improvement to the turf at the first time of asking at Nottingham last time, and the 3rd place horse from that race has won since, so I think she may well have more to give off this mark. The step up to 6 furlongs looks a good move as she generally stays on strongly over the 5 furlong trip, the stable continue in good form and this is a good opportunity for her here against her own sex. I had her much closer to Bondesire in the betting and I think 4/1 is around a point too big.

Re: BBOTD > Sunday May 18th 3.40 ripon Burren View Lady ew 10/1 Can't see it being outside top 3 so play safe with the e/w. Failed to land a blow over 7f on a/w latest but penultimate run in cl3 has worked out well with winner Alben Star(off 93) winning again off 100 , placed off 103 and now rated 106 , trinityelite (off 93) won off 95 and placed off 101,103. 3rd placed since and 4th won so that would give it a shot in this. Only 2lbs above last win and easterby / Nolan won this is in 2009. Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Re: BBOTD > Sunday May 18th 3.30 Market Rasen - Kayaan win @ 9/1 BetVictor I think this one should have a good chance tomorrow. He comes here off the back of an average run on the flat but at least he will have good race fitness. His two runs before that were promising - A third behind a subsequent winners here at Market Rasen, and a very close 4th in a much better race in his last start over hurdles where he was only one and a half lengths behind the winner. He's only 1lb higher than his last winning mark and is on the same mark as his last third so this mark looks fair. He goes very well here and has 2 wins and 6 places from 11 runs at the course, the cheek-pieces are on for the first time which could bring out some improvement and with the conditions to suit he should have a good chance.

Re: BBOTD > Sunday May 18th Ripon 5.10 - Boxing Shadows (1pts win, 4/1 Paddypower) Comes here off the back of two good runs at Catterick which included a win as well as a second place effort lto so in good nick. Is only 1lbs higher then that second placed run so at the weights still well treated and if he matches his last two starts should be in the mix here. The booking of Fallon is also interesting.

Re: BBOTD > Sunday May 18th Navan 3.35 Masai 3-1 NAP Paddy Power It is now well known the O’Brien yard had a cough earlier in year & as a result his horses have needed a run which this one had three weeks ago at Naas when fourth over six furlongs which was a decent run & the drop down to five furlongs will suit. Masai really does have a lot of improvement in him. He also has a good draw & is on a really low handicap mark. His main rival should be Great Minds but he has a bad draw to overcome & this should go to Masai & hoping for a good ride by Joseph.

Re: BBOTD > Sunday May 18th 4.10 Ripon - Osteopathic Remedy EW @ 12/1 Bet365 Going to side with the veteran of this race in Osteopathic Remedy. He has several CD wins to his name with the last of them coming in August last year. That win came from a 4lb lower mark taking into account the jockey's claim as well. He comes into this race on the back of a very good effort at Thirsk. The winner that day has since franked the form by going close at York this week but OR is a horse that keeps his form well once getting into form. He may be vulnerable for win purposes but he is one of many that could squeak a place in this. I think Yeager is undoubtedly the most interesting horse in the race having swerved Chester in search of better ground. He will certainly get that today with the sun blazing down. The Dods and Beasley combination aren't exactly flying at the moment, which is a worry but Michael Dods shows a very nice level stakes profit at the track and Connor Beasley has 4 wins and a further 6 places here from just 21 runners, which is very good for a young claimer. If OR can build on his latest run at Thirsk then he could go well considering he is 3lbs lower here with Beasley's claim.

Re: BBOTD > Sunday May 18th 1540 ripon 1pt win bondesire 5/4 pp 4 year old filly has won 4 times over the short 5f/6f,and she comes here after winning last time out ,on her seasonal debut last month,2 of her wins are at this course including a course and distance win,she also has been placed twice here,so all in 4 races,2 wins ,2 places, she must like this track,up 4lb today,trainer and jockey have a 16% strike rate, trainer has a 15% s/r at track,jockey has a 12% s/r at track

Re: BBOTD > Sunday May 18th 320 Stratford: Domtaline 4/1 SJ Nice little handicap here and Witness In Court will be fancied to follow up his win last time out but has gone up 9 lbs for that effort and i'm just not sure he's a reliable type and bound to reproduce the form. I think Domtaline is interesting off top weight in this grade. Avoided the bad ground all winter and was restricted to two AW runs before finally getting a run over fences at Fontwell last time when he was a fair third to Fruity O'Rooney. This looks easier and he goes well here having won at this meeting twelve months ago.

Re: BBOTD > Sunday May 18th 13.40 Kranji: Mull Of Killough @ 16/1 e/w Draw is crucial in Kranji and MOK has been allocated a fine one. That should suit his racing style, so should the nature of the track. Obviously he has to be at the top of his game to be able to win this, but he showed that he is in good nick recently when running out a gutsy win at Newmarket. He has every chance to go close though and finish at least in the money, after he finished fifth last year in the same race off a much worse draw.

Re: BBOTD > Sunday May 18th 4.05 Navan Leading Light 6/4 Stan James BOG I missed the boat this morning Aidy! O' Brien has traditionally used this as a lauch pad for his Gold Cup winners and Leading Light who some fancied for the Arc went from strength to strength last year winning at Royal Ascot. He is the best horse in the race and should be fit enough to win today with the Irish Guineas less than a week away. 1 Point win for nap purposes Leading Light 6/4 Stan James BOG

Re: BBOTD > Sunday May 18th 15:30 Market Rasen = 3.Enchanted Garden @ 4.25 MARATHONBET (3/10 stake) My BBOTD comes from the 15:30 Market Rasen meeting where I can smell a strong performance by that horse ridden by B.Hughes. It’s been successful in a hurdle race and a NH flat race at 2m 1f and 2m 3f on soft and heavy ground. Third of 7 behind Titus Bolt beaten 5l at 11-4 on his latest outing in a hurdle race at Perth over 2m 4f (soft) last month. :hope

Re: BBOTD > Sunday May 18th 3.40 Bondesire recorded a speed figure of 97 last time at Beverley, but he was advantaged by the plum draw that day and will find things tougher today. At 6/5, he's far too short. Iffranesia ran a massive figure at Nottingham last time (91), making him look extremely well in on turf off a mark of 77. The figure was a big improvement on his AW ratings and it wouldn't be a surprise to see him go in again off a 5 lb higher mark. Mayfield Girl has dropped to 77 now, 4 lbs below her last winning mark. She ran well at Nottingham two starts back, running a figure of 85 and suggesting she was returning to form. She was completely hampered by the draw at Thirsk next time out and that run can be ignored (although she still ran with credit, only beaten 3 lengths and 4th on her side behind Tumblewind who won yesterday from a much more favourable draw). She has drifted out to a massive 20/1 and her Nottingham run gives her a massive chance. Augusta Ada ran some nice figures in maiden's and ran well in a hot nursery behind J Wonder last season off a harsh mark of 87. She has now dropped down to a mark of 79 which looks fairer. The worry is that Ollie Pears doesn't have a great record with his horses first time out, and a watching brief may be advisable today. 0.5 pt e/w Mayfield Girl @ 20/1 >Bet365

Re: BBOTD > Sunday May 18th MR 4.00 - Vulcanite - win at 2/1 bog boylesports Decent handicap chase Six runners going to post, of which 4 are usually front runners.......unless the jocks come t a gentleman's agreement this could set up nicely for the two trackers........my selection and King Edmund Both of those look to have a decent chance King Edmund tough is 11 years old and his mark today is equal to the highest he's ever won off. His last win was 'all out' to win b half a length off 2lb lower so he's probably handicapped to the hilt but obviously could still win if the race sets up for him My selection has won off a higher mark over hurdles and won last time out on his first run after a wind operation. Prior to that he'd been well beaten in a string of runs in higher grade races, mostly over too far. Today's trip on a sharp track should be ideal and McCoy gets on board

Re: BBOTD > Sunday May 18th westerley breeze 3.50 stratford takes my eye today as goes up in trip and keeps the cheekpieces on, which helped last time. i think this longer trip will suit better and it should bring improvement. handicapper puts him in off a mark of 102 and so if improving he can win this race. ground no concern and should go well. 1 point win 5/1 coral bog

Re: BBOTD > Sunday May 18th

15:30 Market Rasen = 3.Enchanted Garden @ 4.25 MARATHONBET (3/10 stake) My BBOTD comes from the 15:30 Market Rasen meeting where I can smell a strong performance by that horse ridden by B.Hughes. It’s been successful in a hurdle race and a NH flat race at 2m 1f and 2m 3f on soft and heavy ground. Third of 7 behind Titus Bolt beaten 5l at 11-4 on his latest outing in a hurdle race at Perth over 2m 4f (soft) last month. :hope
Nice winner but this copied word for word from Oddschecker:\ We strongly encourage the author attempts to write his own reasoning on the PL:ok Good luck