** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD - Sun 16th March

Didn't see a post for Sundays best bet so here you go. Carlisle 3.35 - Tutchec (1pts win, 7/2 Bet365) A horse that has been at the top of his game of late and comes here looking to rack up a five timer. Three of those four wins have come right here at the track and the manner of the victories have looked very impressive recording 5,4,2,5 length winning margins. I have especially liked how this horse has finished his races very strongly to the line and lto a bad blunder at the last could have knocked him out the race but he recovered well to show a good battling spirit and finished the race strongly. In this current vein of form is the one they all have to stop.

Re: BBOTD - Sun 16th March Carlisle 3.35 - Tutchec 7/2 Bet365 BOG Im with Santos on this one. Tutchec is a horse on the upgrade and he has proven his effectivess over C&D. He has improved with every run beating a better class of rival as he has gone. Last time he beat the fairly useful Fentara who is a real mudlark and although he clattered one of the last 2 fences, so did the selection (generally jumped well). He is a strong stayer at the trip and I think there is more to come now after a break.

Re: BBOTD - Sun 16th March Cheltenham hangover guys? 3.05 - Carlisle - Most Honourable 1pt @ 14/1 Skybet There are questions over plenty of the runners in this field so i feel it may just be worth taking a chance on one of the outsiders Most Honourable. The 4yo has shown bits and pieces of form to date that would give him a chance on his handicap debut. He won a juvenile hurdle back in December at Catterick, out-battling Morning With Ivan up the run in who has subsequently scored twice. His 2 runs since haven't really been as good. Particularly the first when he was a disappointing favourite upped in trip, the fact he was beaten so far suggests something wasn't right though, an obvious excuse would be the ground. He then ran in the Scottish Triumph hurdle trial won by Broughton, to be beaten 24L was certainly no disgrace as he wasn't given a hard time. As you'd expect the form of that race is pretty solid, Broughton went off 3rd fav in the Triumph and the 2nd horse Clarcam was running a corker in the Fred Winter until falling late on. He's been allotted and opening mark of 116, its hard to make a case for that being an overly lenient opening mark but at the same time i don't think any of the horses in this field are that well handicapped. One thing that is certainly in his favour is the ground, interestingly his win came on good ground, and his 2 subsequent runs have been on the bottomless ground we've experienced most of this winter. He steps up to 2m 4f, its hard to say whether it will improve him, the way he won his race back in December certainly suggested he would get further. Its also worth noting he gets into this race off a nice low weight with Adam Nichol claiming 5lb (17.31% strike rate) and a hefty weight for age allowance. All in all, not a bet to put your mortgage on but i'd hope he'd outrun odds of 14/1 if he gets the trip.

Re: BBOTD - Sun 16th March 1715 limerick 1pt win milsean 8/11 pp i would fully expect this willie mullins 5 year old gelding to return to winning ways today,he started will winning a a 2 mile event at navan on debut,but he was stepped up in trip he found one too good for him,its the same trip today but with that little more experience now and the ground more soft than heavy this could help

Re: BBOTD - Sun 16th March 425 Ffos Las: Boyfromnowhere 2/1 BetVic Only had 4 chases and won on his first handicap off 125 at Fontwell. Last time was up against Shotgun Paddy, Carruthers etc. in a very good chase at Warwick and in the end pulled up on very soft ground. He's on 129 here in a much weaker contest and still 5 lbs less than his best hurdles mark so should in theory be able to be competitive despite the big weight today.

Re: BBOTD - Sun 16th March 2.15 Ffos Las - 1pt win Ashford Wood @ 9/2 (VC) Has been consistent in bumpers, often staying on well in the closing stages. This wouldn't be the stiffest of introductions to hurdling and the 2m4f trip should suit. Chased home a decent sort in a point and handles soft ground well. Yard could be going better but has the right man on board in Richard Johnson who should be capable of providing a strong finish, and hopefully this time he'll get up.

Re: BBOTD - Sun 16th March Limerick 3:40 With the Tyner yard in such brilliant form at the moment Byerley Babe could be very hard to beat. Interesting to see Lucy Wadham have one here in Baby Shine too but at the prices I like Backinthere who is a very capable performer on his day and he was expected to run a much better race last time out when he finished 5th at Thurles. He won at Clonmel back in October and back in 2012 he won here at Limerick over 2m5f. Not sure if he has the class to win a Grade 2 but he will get the trip, enjoy conditions and in a small field 22/1 looks a big price. Backinthere WIN @ 22/1 Bet Victor

Re: BBOTD - Sun 16th March 3.40 Limerick Byerley Babe 5/4 Paddy Power BOG The most consistent of these and has the best form. Should have won at Naas lto as the jockey feel asleep and was beaten a neck in the end by Avondhu Lady. Beat Une Artiste earlier this year too. Baby Shine has been running well and should be second. The trainer of the selection does very well at this time of the year especially at Limerick 1 Point win for nap purposes Byerley Babe 5/4 Paddy Power BOG

Re: BBOTD - Sun 16th March ffos 2.15 - Flying eagle - EW at 8/1 sporting bet Makes his debut over timber in this maiden hurdle after winning one and finishing 2nd in three of his 4 bumpers The one he won was at this track Steps up in trip today which should suit as he's been finishing strongly over shorter

Re: BBOTD - Sun 16th March Carlisle 3:05 - Granaruid I put up a runner that had this trainer/jockey combo yesterday as my reserve selection which won. I based it on the fact that the pair had a 100% record over the past year and it now stands at 3 in 3. The 11yo gelding won ten days ago with the same jockey in the saddle and is now raised 7lb but the jock now has an extra 4lb allowance. The jockey has only had 23 rides, but 5 of those have been wins - 2 on this beast. 6/1 ladbrokes