Manchester United v Liverpool > Sunday March 16th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Manchester United v Liverpool (13:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.15[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.52 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Manchester United v Liverpool > Sunday March 16th man utd is playing more defensively like everton used to when moyes coached them hence why van persie if more often dragged far deep in midfield where he doesn't usually get chances to score. how will moyes approach it? probably not to lose and they still look vulnerable. i have feeling liverpool will bring their ace game but they are not to be trusted away. there is a lot riding on this match especially for manchester united. they would have a slight chance of finishing in champions league spot should they win but on contrary for liverpool a win would give them a title boost chase so anything is possible. at the moment a draw looks like safest bet

Re: Manchester United v Liverpool > Sunday March 16th 3.0 on Liverpool are some delicious odds. Liverpool's attack is a joy to watch. The movement, speed and skill between the front line should be too much for United. People can point to Liverpool's defence but i think when needed in the big games recently they have stepped up. Arsenal, Everton and Southampton they only conceded one goal combined. They seem to be more organised of late, the bigger the game. Saying that i can see United scoring but Liverpool scoring 2 or 3. It's interesting how in all of United's home defeats, they have lost them by a single goal. I don't know why but i get the feeling this will be the one home loss which could get a bit messy. Liverpool have that spark about them where they are confident and hungry during this winning run. The title hopes they have is making the team play every game at it's best, knowing a slip up would mean they will be out of it. Liverpool have a poor record here, but i think it might change here. Liverpool DNB and additional smaller plays on ML and -1.

Re: Manchester United v Liverpool > Sunday March 16th Nice matchup for me… Liverpool got weak stats here like in Southampton… Liverpool won 3-0. They wrote some history this season… lost against hull (last really bad match I think), everton beaten by 4 goals and clean sheet and matches against arsenal at home or away at the spurs. They can do something big here. In difficult games they made an comeback or more goals as their opponent… They know they can do something big here. Big points and a big win over an rival Its different today if you go to old Trafford… no extra time for nothing anymore, no stoppage time goals (except for opponent) no bank on homewin at old Trafford. Man u is not feared anymore at home… teams like west brom, fulham, swansea took something from old trafford. All these teams are not strong as Liverpool at the moment. The only thing both teams share is the defense… but as kaynem said… in big games they can make a step up Liverpool is strong enough to win here and the chances are pretty good… Liverpool can score 2 or more goals we all know this. Liverpool @3,05 6/10 marathonbet maybe AHC -1 on pool is interesting with one or two units Here we go!

Re: Manchester United v Liverpool > Sunday March 16th

Yeah like incredible knowledge makes a difference. Opta has incredible knowledge! On paper so does Moyes! What if Bett turns out to be correct??
He may well turn out to be correct but why does he think it will pan out like that, otherwise its nothing but pure speculation.

We're amazed by your incredible knowledge!
Liverpool should win this, as they are in top form. Last season ended 2-1 i think to Utd at the same venue. However, the tables will be turned. As said above over 2.5 goals looks good.

Re: Manchester United v Liverpool > Sunday March 16th Draw 5/2 @ Ladbrokes - Thinking about this game, i would not be completely confident picking either side to win this one so the logical thing for me to do is back the draw. If anything then Liverpool are the more likely winners imo so Liverpool DNB could be an option but their away record is not amazing with a record of W6 D4 L4 and United have a similar home record of W6 D3 L4. I also think BTTS and overs is pretty certain in this one as both sides are capable of leaking goals but they both have very strong attacking forces. I expect this to be a great game and goals look very likely imo. Correct Score: Man Utd 2-2 Liverpool 13/1 @ BetVictor - Small Stakes on the 2-2 correct score here for me. As i said before, i can see goals in this one and both teams will go for it as United have nothing to lose and Liverpool are still in the title race. They have very similar home and away records respectively and 2-2 is my small stakes bet for this game.

Re: Manchester United v Liverpool > Sunday March 16th I can see United score here for sure, after the 0-3 against WBA I think the players gained some confidence. With the defence of Liverpool and the home advantage I surely can see United pop a goal or 2 in. However, Liverpool like everybody know, is scoring for fun with a on fire attack. I don't know what the best odds are but I surely see goals in this match like BTTS or over 2,5.

Re: Manchester United v Liverpool > Sunday March 16th Man U have a huge match vs the Greeks mid week to try and get some of that Champions League progression money and the absolute worst team they could face leading up to it would be Liverpool. A Liverpool that is in strong form and coming into every match refreshed and ready because they have no European commitments. We see Liverpool always hit the Nitrous button when facing a big team and usually play out of their skin. So Moyes I think will prioritise the Olimpiakos match but it would be a lot easier for him to change things around if this were West Ham. But seeing it's their big derby rivals, every move he makes will be discussed and scrutinised in the media. So he's got 2 very big matches in a short space of time and he knows that while winning one can mean millions in revenue and progression in Europe, winning the other will probably not be that rewarding due to the low position on the table, other than bragging rights of course. So if ever there was a perfect opportunity for LFC to go and sack Old Trafford this could be it. Liverpool find themselves chasing the 1st position and when travelling to Manchester I think they'll be smelling the blood in the water. Liverpool + 0 AH :ok

Re: Manchester United v Liverpool > Sunday March 16th Early thoughts....... I'm not so sure this is going to be a wide open and free flowing game as you may expect. It seems to me that Liverpool gets tons of chances on the counter or against teams playing a much too high defensive line against them. They make brilliant runs and the interplay between Suarez and Sturridge is phenomenal. They can bring in pacey guys to also put pressure on defenses such as Coutinho and Sterling. Now, I'm certainly no soccer genius, but all this seems pretty obvious and certainly United is well aware of this. They will keep their defenders back a bit. They will probably even play Carrick as a holding mid and he will not get too forward. Hell, maybe even Fletcher as well. United will play much more defensively and conservative being that they are at home. They will rely on trying to control possession, knock the pace out of the game, and perhaps get a moment of brilliance out of RvP or Rooney, or Mata, etc.. If they open up this game, they will be outgunned, plain and simple. It's also true that they have an important CL match midweek, but I cannot see this playing into account in this game. You don't look past Liverpool at home, especially when your side is struggling for points in league. The first game this season was a 1-0 Liverpool win off a corner kick early. The last few games have been 1-0, 2-1, 1-2, 2-1 - and while a few have gotten to 3, a few were 0-0 at ht, and there was one game with a dodgy Shelvey red and late penalty so these games are not as open as they may seem. I am a United supporter for sure, and I do think that United can get a win here, but I think the stronger play is under 3. As lineups are announced, I don't think they'll be any surprises, and both teams will field strong sides so I can see odds drifting higher. I'll take a small stake at u2.5 closer to kick at +odds and I'll take a larger stake at u3 if I can get -130 or so or better. To me, this one shapes up as a 1-0, 1-1 type game, neither team will want to surrender points and United will be lathering to get all 3 here. :cheers:

Re: Manchester United v Liverpool > Sunday March 16th Manchester United-Liverpool Bet: Liverpool AHC+0 @ 2.15 (Pinnacle) (9/10) Serious this high odds? United is playing horrible this season. Their only real convincing games were against low level opponents but even against these teams they are struggling from time to time. Even in the very important CL match against Olympiakos they were absolutely horrible in the first match. Having shown absolutely no quality even with Rooney and Van Persie up front. The team just does not work together and the tactic of the coach doesn't seem to fit to the team as well. Liverpool on the other side is one level above United this year and they still have chances on the title. Especially their offense is playing absolutely brilliant. 7 ouf of their last 9 games they won, especially the 5-1 against Arsenal, 4-0 against Everton and the 3-0 against Southampton were really convincing for me. I can't see how Liverpool can be on such high odds here against such a United team which shows way less quality, worse playstyle, is inconsistent and has a very important CL match midweek. Liverpool only with long term injuries but with Lucas and Sakho maybe being able to return to squad for this match. United on the other side without long term injuries, as well as Evans and Hernández going to miss this match and Rafael being in doubt.

Re: Manchester United v Liverpool > Sunday March 16th Surprised to see Liverpool so high here, their strength of being able to counter quickly from defensive positions is exactly the kind of tactic United struggle to play against at home. United don't have any kind of special tactical masterplan in home games, they get the ball wide and cross it, they haven't worked out how to get the best from Mata or Rooney yet and won't do until the summer when I imagine Moyes is going to have to sit down with his staff and have a major look at how they can improve as their home record this season - for a club like United - is abysmal. Liverpool are outsiders for the title but to even be in this position for them means it has been a fantastic season and their form continues to be good, they get plenty of rest time between games and unlike United Rodgers appears able to adapt their gameplan for individual opponents. If Moyes goes in playing a high defensive line, pressing Liverpool high up the pitch with the full backs bombing on I think Liverpool could rip them apart, it needs to be approached in a practical manner, currently Liverpool are a far better side than they are and I think they need to adapt their playing style to try and counter Liverpool's strengths. United are capable of producing a vintage performance but where is the real evidence of them suddenly turning up and all of the pieces fitting together from an attacking sense? It would be easier for Moyes if they were playing at Anfield and they were forced to adapt to how Liverpool will play, at OT they will be expected to take the game to them and that's where I can see problems arising. There aren't any real injuries to worry about on either side, it will be an interesting game as United always give the impression they have a big game in them but usually we are disappointed and wait to see if Januzaj can produce something 'off the bench' which says it all really. Not a big play but worth a nibble I think. Liverpool 0AH - 2.17 - pinnacle - 3 Points

Re: Manchester United v Liverpool > Sunday March 16th Yeah, I think there's probably a little value in backing Liverpool at current odds. Both sides will probably be going for the win, and Liverpool's superiority in attack makes them the more likely winner I think. United's Champions League game against Olympiakos is probably more important to them, but their fans will demand they fight hard in this game as well - they don't like Liverpool.

Re: Manchester United v Liverpool > Sunday March 16th 3pts Liverpool to beat Man Utd 2/1 BetVictor This match is all about Liverpool for me. Their attack is flying right now and they come up against a United defence which has been leaky all season. Of course United won’t want to lose this match to their rivals but the bigger match for them this week arguably comes on Wednesday and that needs to be considered. Liverpool are frightening on the break but they could easily spend plenty of time in United’s half anyway and if they do this is theirs for the taking. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/man-utd-vs-liverpool-betting-liverpool-can-pick-up-vital-win-at-old-trafford

Re: Manchester United v Liverpool > Sunday March 16th Manchester United - Liverpool Premier League England Sunday 16/3 14:30 Prediction: Manchester United Odds: 2,60 Stake: 4/10 units Bookmaker: William Hill Look's like we are the only backing Man U here .. The Red Devils has had a horrendous season so far, but we think this is a perfect time to give something back to all their fans for this miserable season. They have won two in a row now, and haven't lost in 4 matches in the league. They have really good h2h stats at home to Liverpool. A Liverpool who are in good form 4 straight wins, and have only lost 1 in the last 9. Manchester United look's improved, and like mentioned this is a perfect time to give something back to their fans. We back Manchester United here, even though they have a very important return game against Greek Olympiacos next week. Liverpool's defense have weaknesses that Man U can capitalize on. We have Manchester United here at 43% (2,30~) Man U to step up!

Re: Manchester United v Liverpool > Sunday March 16th OK so we have just seen Galatasary drop points away to a mid table team on Friday finishing 0-0. They travel away to Chelsea who have just lost 1-0 to Villa. Dortmund who host Zenit have lost 1-2 at home to Gladbach. While coincidentally Zenit themselves have lost away to CSKA 1-0. Now Schalke and Real Madrid (who face eachother) have both posted up narrow away victories but their tie is already a done deal at 6-1. Now is it just me, or is the Champions League a tiny bit of a factor here....? :unsureDon't underestimate how much weight clubs place on this competition and it looks like the pattern and reasoning is strong enough to suggest that we may see a change or two from Moyes designed to strengthen their prospects against the Greeks which will ultimately weaken their chances against Liverpool. It's a fine balancing act and is often hard to successfully execute as the results from around Europe show. Is Moyes the calibre of manager who can pull it off. The biggest danger here is that Moyes sets them up not to concede (Everton style) and they end up offering little in attack. Then once they are on the pitch the are absolutely obligated to surge forward anyway, due to the noise and expectations from the stands. This all plays right into the hands of Liverpool who sit back and wait to unleash a few devastating counter attacks and feed off of the negativity and nervousness which has characterised United this season.

OK so we have just seen Galatasary drop points away to a mid table team on Friday finishing 0-0. They travel away to Chelsea who have just lost 1-0 to Villa. Dortmund who host Zenit have lost 1-2 at home to Gladbach. While coincidentally Zenit themselves have lost away to CSKA 1-0.
Galatasary have only won one of their last eight away league games so I wouldn't but their draw this weekend down to anything other than their lack of cutting edge on the road in the league. Zenit too haven't won any of their last three away league games and not to get a result against a strong CSKA Moscow side who have only lost one home league game all season and also have a stronger home form than Zenit. Again not such a surprising result. I'm not saying the Champions League does not factor into results in the league but it seems to be the games after the CL game that suffer more than the ones before in my experience.

OK so we have just seen Galatasary drop points away to a mid table team on Friday finishing 0-0. They travel away to Chelsea who have just lost 1-0 to Villa. Dortmund who host Zenit have lost 1-2 at home to Gladbach. While coincidentally Zenit themselves have lost away to CSKA 1-0. Now Schalke and Real Madrid (who face eachother) have both posted up narrow away victories but their tie is already a done deal at 6-1. Now is it just me, or is the Champions League a tiny bit of a factor here....? :unsureDon't underestimate how much weight clubs place on this competition and it looks like the pattern and reasoning is strong enough to suggest that we may see a change or two from Moyes designed to strengthen their prospects against the Greeks which will ultimately weaken their chances against Liverpool.
It's like anything in sports betting, you have to take it into context as it seems a bit of a generalisation to me. Over the years I think I've learned to take each game in their own context as different teams have different motivations etc... To make me believe that the CL effected anything dramatically the following, or preceding game there would have to be overwhelming evidence over the course of the last twenty years. I don't think Moyes can afford to take any risks in the same way SAF could. Every game from now until the end of the season is a cup final IMO. It's almost going to become as though they can't afford not to win every game, rather than not losing. However atrocious they're playing right now I think they have to go for it here. Their season lies in tatters and Moyes' reputation has drained away.

Re: Manchester United v Liverpool > Sunday March 16th The stats indicate that United are turning the corner in their goals scoring at home. First 8 home games just 8 home goals, scoring 2 or more twice. Last 5 home games 10 goals scored, 2 or more 4 times. SO United's goal threat has definitely improved. Liverpool have been great scoring goals solidly throughout the season away from home. They have also been poor defensively, giving up 2 goals or more in 9 of 14 away games. SO Rogers has got the balance tilted slightly towards outscoring opponents rather than solid defending. Similar to Fergie's approach last year with United away. You score we score more approach. United's approach to this game will also be slightly different from past seasons. Realistically they are out of 4th spot race, so to set up for a draw actually proves nothing, as well as zero indication of improvement, in attacking formation and creativity. So they will set up for an open attacking game. they want to see their improvement :loon if any. Of interest here is Moyes team selection. 42 different variations this season. I think he has found his starting 11 and must stick with it. I see a very open game with a pile of goals. I don't think United can handle S&S. 3 BETS Over 2.5 goals at odds of 1.7 various for 3 units. Man United to win it and both teams to score is 4.25 coral 1 unit Liverpool to win it and both teams to score is 5 bet365 1 unit

Re: Manchester United v Liverpool > Sunday March 16th Ok.. Liverpool has lead in 1sthalf 19 of 28 games (at home 12 of 14 / on road 7 of 14) Man Utd only 10 of 28 games (at home 5 of 13 ONLY !! / on road 5 of 15) SO on betcity for me the Liverpool win both halves @10.22 is clearly value , you have the boths halves Over1.5 @4.44 too , but Man Utd at home has a very low % of Over 2.5 at home i prefer take the bigger @ , this game could end 0-2 FT with an 0-1 HT 0-2FT :) Good Luck ALL the game begin (2 very good games today) sorry for my english

Ok.. Liverpool has lead in 1sthalf 19 of 28 games (at home 12 of 14 / on road 7 of 14) Man Utd only 10 of 28 games (at home 5 of 13 ONLY !! / on road 5 of 15) SO on betcity for me the Liverpool win both halves @10.22 is clearly value , you have the boths halves Over1.5 @4.44 too , but Man Utd at home has a very low % of Over 2.5 at home i prefer take the bigger @ , this game could end 0-2 FT with an 0-1 HT 0-2FT :) Good Luck ALL the game begin (2 very good games today) sorry for my english
:cow so brillant team of Liverpool

3.0 on Liverpool are some delicious odds. Liverpool's attack is a joy to watch. The movement, speed and skill between the front line should be too much for United. People can point to Liverpool's defence but i think when needed in the big games recently they have stepped up. Arsenal, Everton and Southampton they only conceded one goal combined. They seem to be more organised of late, the bigger the game. Saying that i can see United scoring but Liverpool scoring 2 or 3. It's interesting how in all of United's home defeats, they have lost them by a single goal. I don't know why but i get the feeling this will be the one home loss which could get a bit messy. Liverpool have that spark about them where they are confident and hungry during this winning run. The title hopes they have is making the team play every game at it's best, knowing a slip up would mean they will be out of it. Liverpool have a poor record here, but i think it might change here. Liverpool DNB and additional smaller plays on ML and -1.
Hi, my name is Nostradamus :p

So they will set up for an open attacking game. they want to see their improvement :loon if any. I see a very open game with a pile of goals. I don't think United can handle S&S. 3 BETS Over 2.5 goals at odds of 1.7 various for 3 units. Man United to win it and both teams to score is 4.25 coral 1 unit Liverpool to win it and both teams to score is 5 bet365 1 unit
Small profit, some improvement from United :rollin. I could do a better job than Moyes ... but I'm not Scottish :sad