Manchester United v Liverpool > Sunday March 16th

Re: Manchester United v Liverpool > Sunday March 16th

Surprised to see Liverpool so high here, their strength of being able to counter quickly from defensive positions is exactly the kind of tactic United struggle to play against at home. United don't have any kind of special tactical masterplan in home games, they get the ball wide and cross it, they haven't worked out how to get the best from Mata or Rooney yet and won't do until the summer when I imagine Moyes is going to have to sit down with his staff and have a major look at how they can improve as their home record this season - for a club like United - is abysmal. Liverpool are outsiders for the title but to even be in this position for them means it has been a fantastic season and their form continues to be good, they get plenty of rest time between games and unlike United Rodgers appears able to adapt their gameplan for individual opponents. If Moyes goes in playing a high defensive line, pressing Liverpool high up the pitch with the full backs bombing on I think Liverpool could rip them apart, it needs to be approached in a practical manner, currently Liverpool are a far better side than they are and I think they need to adapt their playing style to try and counter Liverpool's strengths. United are capable of producing a vintage performance but where is the real evidence of them suddenly turning up and all of the pieces fitting together from an attacking sense? It would be easier for Moyes if they were playing at Anfield and they were forced to adapt to how Liverpool will play, at OT they will be expected to take the game to them and that's where I can see problems arising. There aren't any real injuries to worry about on either side, it will be an interesting game as United always give the impression they have a big game in them but usually we are disappointed and wait to see if Januzaj can produce something 'off the bench' which says it all really. Not a big play but worth a nibble I think. Liverpool 0AH - 2.17 - pinnacle - 3 Points WIN
United were total pony as usual, tactically they have no idea at all. Liverpool were very good and should have won by 4 or 5.