** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD Sunday 23rd feb

corky

Re: BBOTD Sunday 23rd feb 1600 naas 1pt win twinlight 4/7 pp only 3 runners,but this could be a cracking little race,with not much between the runners,and a strong case can be made for all of them,2 of them hold festival entries,days hotel being the odd one out,and a good run today can set them up for cheltenham,but my guy may just have the class to win here,he finished 3rd last time out,when he made a terrible mistake, and although ruby made a great recovery, the race was already lost,im hopeful he can bounce back today,as he won over course and distance 2 runs ago, and a repeat of that run, could see him run out the winner

Re: BBOTD Sunday 23rd feb Off to Naas for Cheltenham Trials Day tomorrow, McCoy is there too. :eek Naas 3:25 I thought Kick On Boss looked very impressive last time out here at Naas when he demolished the field by 12 lengths, never in bother. I understand this is a big step up in class but this does not look like a race full of superstars. He loved the heavy ground last time out and the fact the win came here means he should hopefully handle the course better than most. He is likely to bowl along near the front and try to string the field late on, if they give him a soft lead in this ground he could prove difficult to peg back. Kick On Boss WIN @ 10/1 Bet365

Re: BBOTD Sunday 23rd feb 2.20 Naas - O Maonlai 1pt win @ 7/2 PaddyPower I don't really see many getting into this race and I am just going to take a chance on the handicap debutant O Maonlai. This horse won very nicely last time out in a maiden hurdle race at Fairyhouse. If you look at the 2 previous races he has contested this year, he has been unlucky to bump into a couple of very good animals in The Tullow Tank and Rathvinden. I think he has a big chance on his handicap debut and I am happy to take on Getoutwhenyoucan. This horse has won his last 2 starts with a hood on so its a surprise to see them dispense with it tomorrow. Also he is effectively 17lbs higher tomorrow taking into account G N Fox's claim last time out. He may well get the hat-trick but I will take him on with O Maonlai.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 23rd feb 7yr old gelding has 14 runs with just the one win but id not rule him out a poor looking handicap hurdle like this, it looks very much wide open and if he keeps on his feet and gets a clear round he might have a very small chance of paying for some return home diesel. Jockey H.Challoner knows him well and gets the leg up sixth time, he's never won on him and this is his only ride of the day. ?14:30 Towcester - Ghaabesh. 1pt Win Bet @ 6/1 Bet365 ''BOG''

Re: BBOTD Sunday 23rd feb 4:30 Naas: Maringo Bay (11/1 Stan James) 1pt Win Looks quite well handicapped on the best of his form over fences as a novice while trained by Charlie Mann in England, was also thought good enough to run in a Grade 2 hurdle at the Aintree festival. Most recent run over hurdles (his first since being trained in Ireland) is probably best ignored and he was by no means given a hard time after his chance had gone. Most of the opposition tomorrow look relatively exposed, encouraging to see a small bit of money about early doors and if he still retains his ability and is ready to go tomorrow then I think this mark could look rather lenient.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 23rd feb 3.35 towc Halucha e/w 12/1 bet365 forgive bumper on aw as went close in a h/cap hurdle at Taunton off 107 on penultimate run , conditional jock back on so 3lbs lighter than that run , usually runs a decent race round here with 2 wins and 3 places from 7. Has won off 103 so doesn't look particularly high off 104 tomorrow. Only issue might be ground. Sent from my Radar C110e using Tapatalk

Re: BBOTD Sunday 23rd feb 2.00 Towc - Blue cove - win at 9/2 bog wm hill Still a maiden after 11 runs but his best 2 efforts have come over this CD, beaten under 3 lengths both times he's run here, in both cases in similar grade races to today He's only a pound lower in the weights than last time so it's a fair - if he couldn't win either of those why would he win today ? The Heavy ground could be the key as both previous runs here were on better ground. He handles 'heavy' and in those previous runs he was staying on up the hill determinedly. 3 miles on heavy ground at Towcester is about as stiff attest of stamina as you can get over hurdles and a determined plodder who handles an uphill finish will always have a chance. There are a few in here who are going to cry enough half way up this hill !

Re: BBOTD Sunday 23rd feb 13.50 Naas. Shield Win @ 5/6 PP BOG Shield is a warm fav for this maiden hurdle. The O'Brien horse was second, beaten 3l in it's last hurdle to Sure Reef who has since gone on to win a grp 2. Shield has then since won on the AW at Dundalk. Now's the time to break the hurdle duck. With AP aboard should be a formality.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 23rd feb 345 Fontwell: Closing Ceremony 11/4 Betfred/Coral Topical choice but i was really impressed by this horse when hosing up last time in a class 3 contest at Kempton. He had showed signs before that he could be useful when second to Kaki De La Pree and third to Potters Cross. Has to give weight to some fair sorts but stays well and won't mind the ground.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 23rd feb 2.00 Towcester - Newton Thistle - 13/2 Betvictor BOG Newton Thistle was travelling very well before falling at Leicester last time and is worth a chance back over hurdles. He hadn't shown a lot previously though the step up in trip may have been what was needed. This is perhaps easier than some of his previous tasks as well and the deep ground may very well suit. There's been money for him this morning which is never a bad thing.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 23rd feb 15:45 Font - Brave Vic A fair few have a chance in this 6 horse race but I've opted for the Moore combination on Brave Vic. Was expected to go well LTO but only got going when too late. Finished near 5lengths behind the winner Flementime. Flementime has gone on to race in a class 3 handicap hurdle off a mark of 125 finishing 2 1/4length second. The Nicholls horse Howlongisafoot looks a fair threat was 2nd to Toubeera LTO (though was given 12lbs) who went on to win a group 2 by 12lengths . Brave Vic is getting 6lbs from Closing Ceremony yet only rated 2lbs less for this novice hurdle. If Joshua can get him into a rhythm better today he should be able to pose a threat close to the post. 1pt 11/4 betvic

Re: BBOTD Sunday 23rd feb

2.00 Towcester - Newton Thistle - 13/2 Betvictor BOG Newton Thistle was travelling very well before falling at Leicester last time and is worth a chance back over hurdles. He hadn't shown a lot previously though the step up in trip may have been what was needed. This is perhaps easier than some of his previous tasks as well and the deep ground may very well suit. There's been money for him this morning which is never a bad thing.
easy winner, well done

Re: BBOTD Sunday 23rd feb Fontwell 4.50 Quite By Chance 9/1 Skybet BOG I think this horse is overpriced and is simply a Valueplay to me at the prices. Beat Brinestine a decent horse, Horizontal Speed form works out well. Was thrown the 2 last time outs in big field competetive Hcps at good pace, with many runners going on in Class 2 or Class company winning or placeing form. Today contest is its class to win or place and the big drift is a bit much i feel, hopefully price comes in before the off.