Arsenal v Manchester United > Wednesday February 12th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Arsenal v Manchester United (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.40 % [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Arsenal v Manchester United > Wednesday February 12th Well I said it at the beginning when everybody was writing off Arsenal's chances at the start of the season. I said they'd be fine in 2013 but the back end of the season is when it will catch up with them. We are starting to see this creep in with some of their recent performances being lethargic and pedestrian by their standards. This is the fatigue that is accumulated in certain specific positions where Wenger doesn't have the depth to rotate and rest that position. The obvious example is Giroud. On a good day Giroud will chase everything and fight for scraps on order to put his team on the front foot and create opportunities. But Giroud being so over used as a lone front man means that he doesn't have the energy 3 times in a week to do this job to its maximum. And it is a tough one where you're expected to score too. So the tiredness shows and the performances slip and soon after the results slip too. I only used Giroud as an example but certain other positions aren't being rotated either. Wenger should have invested in some depth in January. So if Arsenal were 100% in top physical condition I'd be confident of a home win here but seeing how that fast start from Liverpool absolutely took Arsenal's breath away, I'm not so sure. Are we going to see more tired legs, or a reaction? If we pretend that fatigue doesn't exist for a minute then Arsenal will absolutely dominate possession and chances and Man Utd will provide some dangerous counter attacks. But if Arsenal can cut off the supply to the big 3 then Man U lose here. This one will be decided in midfield. I don't think anymore needs to be said on that area of the pitch.

Re: Arsenal v Manchester United > Wednesday February 12th The only bet that looks OK for me with United is over 2.5 goals. They are defending really poorly, gaps everywhere and comical goals (2 against Hull ) are just around the corner with this team. They are more than capable of scoring, but will have to make some tactical changes. 81 crosses, 18 of which find the target is just not the way to win games. You are giving the ball away 63 times. No top team in Europe is playing this way. They are short passing the ball inside, with nippy skilled dribblers attacking big defenders. United would love to play Rooney up the field just behind van Persie, but the midfield/defense is so poor that he lands up playing deeper and deeper. Playing Fletcher or Cleverly is just not the answer. Cleverly is not up to the task, and Fletcher's legs and stamina are not there. 3 times against Fulham he was waaaay out of position. There is no solution for this team at the moment. Manager looks short of ideas, tactics are odd, team selections questionable. The two Moyes transfers have done nothing to address the major midfield problems. Both of them look like panic buys to me. You are paying 64 Million for players who will make a big, instant impact and it has just not happened. If they can give up 2 goals to a crap Fulham team, they will not keep a clean sheet against Arsenal. Had 5 weeks of excellent winnings, but last week gave some back. Time to change gears and throttle back a little. Not even sure I will take the bet, maybe just a minimal one to gain some momentum. Over 2.5 goals is a decent price of 1.87 betvictor and 1.8 various.

Re: Arsenal v Manchester United > Wednesday February 12th i think anyone that backs overs for this game is brave personally. Arsenal have only conceded 1 goal at the Emirates in their last 11 games, incredible defensive record there. And 11 of the last 12 games at the Emirates have gone Under 2.5.

Re: Arsenal v Manchester United > Wednesday February 12th

i think anyone that backs overs for this game is brave personally. Arsenal have only conceded 1 goal at the Emirates in their last 11 games' date=' incredible defensive record there. And 11 of the last 12 games at the Emirates have gone Under 2.5.[/quote'] Of the 12 league games at Emirates 9 have been under (3 overs vrs Norwich 4-1, Stoke 3-1 and lost opening day to Villa 1-3). Arsenal have kept 7 clean sheets in 8 games, but as disjointed as United are , I just can't see them finishing scoreless. United have scored in their last 10 away games, and have gone over in 10 of 12 away league games this season. In 10 away games in the league, United have conceded 2 or more goals 6 times. In 10 games 7 of them have had 2 or more 1st half goals which is a very high percentage. Out of the good teams that they played, Arsenal were playing their best in beating Liverpool 2-0, and Chelsea came looking for a 19th century 0-0 draw. Otherwise arsenal have not scored a 1st half goal in a home game in 5 1st halves. 0-0 5 times (Palace , Fulham, Cardiff, Chelsea, Everton) It's a strange classic situation of a strong unders team playing an overs team ... small interest bet for me

Of the 12 league games at Emirates 9 have been under (3 overs vrs Norwich 4-1, Stoke 3-1 and lost opening day to Villa 1-3). Arsenal have kept 7 clean sheets in 8 games, but as disjointed as United are , I just can't see them finishing scoreless. United have scored in their last 10 away games, and have gone over in 10 of 12 away league games this season. In 10 away games in the league, United have conceded 2 or more goals 6 times. In 10 games 7 of them have had 2 or more 1st half goals which is a very high percentage. Arsenal have not scored a 1st half goal in a home game in 5 1st halves. 0-0 5 times (Palace , Fulham, Cardiff, Chelsea, Everton) It's a strange classic situation of a strong unders team playing an overs team ...
Most of those games are against poor sides though. Not sure we can call United a top side any more, but when Arsenal play at home against the bigger sides the stats are: Arsenal 1 Tottenham 0 Arsenal 2 Liverpool 0 Arsenal 1 Everton 1 Arsenal 0 Chelsea 0 I don't see why United are guaranteed to score at the emirates either? Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs couldn't, a Liverpool side with Sturridge and Suarez up front too. Interesting game, but I would definitely favour the Under 2.5 myself at 21/20 with Stan James.

Re: Arsenal v Manchester United > Wednesday February 12th I hear what you are saying but 2 of those games you can discount. Arsenal were at their peak when they played Liverpool, and Mourinho came for the draw. In a strange way I feel United will play better against a better team. Somehow these games have a more natural flow, with more space opening up behind an attacking team. They seem to have to much pressure on them against teams that they used to beat regularly. It's as if all patience, ball passing, possession, defensive structure and match control just goes out the window. Their shape just disintegrates, but it may be a case of on-field ill-discipline. I think a fully fit Rooney and van Persie in a relatively open game will possibly take 1 or 2 chances. van Persie has three goals and he just came back from injury. Definitely agree that United are not a top side at the moment. However in Rooney, van Persie, Mata and Januzai they have top-side scoring talent. What has amazed me with United is that there seems to be no improvement in their weak areas. Defensively it's been a shambles, that shows no improvement, while mid-field similar. I don't expect massive improvements, but I do expect improvement. They have had a pretty decent run in the CL, and its incomprehensible to me that they don't play the same formation in the premier league. Mourinho has been able to do this at Chelsea, just changing gears as the players have bought into his playing style. Chelsea were very conservative early in the season, but have evolved so much in a short period of time.

Re: Arsenal v Manchester United > Wednesday February 12th It's easy to run off the top names, RVP, Rooney and Mata and conjure up images of some flair sodden, cohesive attacking unit, fact is they aren't. RVP needs decent service which he isn't getting and hasn't played much recently. Rooney is playing deeper and deeper because the midfield are so useless that they can't get the ball to him. Mata is playing wide midfield which isn't his position at all, if United continue to look for him in wide areas they won't get the best out of him. Arsenal aren't playing that well currently but they will certainly improve after the bolloc*ing they got on Saturday, Giroud looks knackered but they don't have many other options as Wenger doesn't want to go with a 'false 9' or try anyone else upfront - looks like the ideal time to try Podolski up there to me. Given that Arsenal are generally rock solid defensively at home against the better sides, I think that a home victory is more likely than an under/over bet. Arsenal are good at playing between the lines and will enjoy the extra space United will give them, the biggest problem with Arsenal from a defensive point of view is the current suspension of Flamini, they badly missed him on Sat as they had nobody in there who can play his role. United set up differently though, there is no plan to play Mata centrally where he is obviously very effective as that would upset Rooney, Moyes is too predictable to go with anything other than a fairly offensive line-up, I'm sure Mata and RVP will play but they offer little when they are defending which you need to do as a team against Arsenal. Arsenal aren't suddenly finished after one game and United don't possess the defensive abilities to make it too difficult for Arsenal to score, the centre of defence and midfield has been chopped and changed all season and Moyes has no idea what his best line-up is in either position. It will sound harsh but Moyes needs to up his tactical IQ to get anything out of these games, there were serious questions asked by Everton fans as to whether he was up to this considering their terrible record against all the top sides when he was with them, and what have we seen so far to make us think it will all come together at the Emirates? I've seen nothing. Looks a good price to me with a bit of draw cover too. Arsenal -0.25AH - 1.85 - pinnacle - 3 Points

Most of those games are against poor sides though. Not sure we can call United a top side any more, but when Arsenal play at home against the bigger sides the stats are: Arsenal 1 Tottenham 0 Arsenal 2 Liverpool 0 Arsenal 1 Everton 1 Arsenal 0 Chelsea 0 I don't see why United are guaranteed to score at the emirates either? Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs couldn't, a Liverpool side with Sturridge and Suarez up front too. Interesting game, but I would definitely favour the Under 2.5 myself at 21/20 with Stan James.
Arsenal have been rocking of late imo. Laboured past Fulham, were poor against Villa until they were forced into making a defensive change early on, and even then still let Villa back into it. Conceded twice to Southampton, five to Liverpool. They even took 45 minutes to get anything past Palace. I can see where the calls for overs come from as Arsenal aren't infallible. Their early season performances give the illusion they're as good as they were with Adams, Keown et al. Which they're not, just ask Liverpool :lol If United give it a go, after all they have fcuk all to lose, they can get at them.

Re: Arsenal v Manchester United > Wednesday February 12th Nobody in the media seems to have mentioned this so maybe I'm going mad but I just can't see how you can play Rooney and Mata in the same team. They both play in the same position as far as I can see. Spending £37m on a player who plays in one of the few positions Man Utd were already alright for is madness.

Re: Arsenal v Manchester United > Wednesday February 12th Under 2.5 goals 2.08 @ Betfair - I like unders in this one as both sides are coming into this game on the back of disappointing and somewhat embarassing results. When two teams play each other after poor results it tends to result in a cagey game where both teams confidence has been knocked. I don't think this will be a great game and Moyes may try and play for a 0-0 here. In the end i think Arsenal will probably have enough to edge it but i don't think this game will be a classic. 1-0 Arsenal is my prediction for this one.

Arsenal have been rocking of late imo. Laboured past Fulham' date=' were poor against Villa until they were forced into making a defensive change early on, and even then still let Villa back into it. Conceded twice to Southampton, five to Liverpool. They even took 45 minutes to get anything past Palace. I can see where the calls for overs come from as Arsenal aren't infallible. Their early season performances give the illusion they're as good as they were with Adams, Keown et al. Which they're not, just ask Liverpool :lol If United give it a go, after all they have fcuk all to lose, they can get at them.[/quote'] Arsenal are a different proposition at the Emirates, I will be shocked beyond belief if United win there, simply because Arsenal's midfield and defence is light years ahead of United's.. No good having Rooney, Van Persie etc if you have no supply to feed them. I can forgive Arsenal's game against Liverpool, Anfield is a really tough place for any team to go to. Southampton are no pushovers either that is for sure. As for Palace, what is wrong with winning 2-0 at home to Palace? This is a results business. The game could well end up 4-3 now after all this, but I am still adamant unders is written all over it. Arsenal have only kept 3 clean sheets on their travels all season, so I don't think you can compare away form with home form. Let the game do the talking.

Re: Arsenal v Manchester United > Wednesday February 12th 4pts Over 2.5 goals 5/6 BetVictor Arsenal look a decent price at odds against but I’m not sure I fancy taking any side off the back of a 5-1 tonking. One thing these two sides have in them is a lot of goals. Both score them regularly and as we saw at the weekend both have the potential to concede them too. There are some star attacking players on the field here and I expect them to deliver at least three goals in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/arsenal-vs-man-utd-betting-goals-look-likely-at-the-emirates

Re: Arsenal v Manchester United > Wednesday February 12th I think this will be a home win for Arsenal. The main point is the bad centre midfield. Fletcher and Carrick are the worst centre midfielder I've every seen in a top team. And the centre is the heart the team. I think Rvp and Rooney can score once, because they are individuial top class. Arsenals defense at home is really hard to break down. Home team to win and over 2,5 @ tipico 3.1

Re: Arsenal v Manchester United > Wednesday February 12th Thanks to Liverpool, because we could never have these odds on Arsenal in London against disastrous Manchester United side! They are defensively very hard to break when they play at the Emirates and expectedly are going to dominate the possession as Man Utd's midfield has been awful whole season. Man Utd have extremely quality forward trio but they are not looking effective enough since Man Utd midfield isn't able to feed them, perhaps they might find a goal but surely they are going to concede minimum two goals with that laughable defense. Also today Chelsea dropped points and Arsenal will be eager to get the first position. Arsenal -0.5 at 2.16 Pinnacle 8/10

Re: Arsenal v Manchester United > Wednesday February 12th Call me crazy but I will go for a Man Utd victory here. My reasoning is simple, Utd weren't playing that bad against Fulham but they simply couldn't break through their defense. Arsenal will play more offensive so that provides some critical space for Van Persie, Rooney, Januzaj and Mata. Arsenal are usually poor in top-matches. The only one they've won is at home against Liverpool if I'm correct? I'm also taking into account the recent Arsenal form. They already miss Ramsey and Walcott while Ozil is terrible lately, especially against Liverpool last weekend. Without anyone to feed him, Giroud is a nothing special. This in contrary to Van Persie, Rooney and Mata who have that class.

Re: Arsenal v Manchester United > Wednesday February 12th It's a brave person who would take United against anybody at the moment. They are in a real rut and that late sucker punch on Sunday will have felt really bad. They really toiled against Fulham, it looked energy sapping to me, and to not get the result at the end of that could make for some tired United legs against Arsenal with no real confidence flowing through the side to help pick them up. Arsenal have had an extra day to prepare and get over their result on Saturday. The quick goals against Liverpool were a shock for Arsenal because all season they have been tight defensively in the first half and come out of themselves a bit more later in the game. With United's tired legs to think about, plus the fact neither side will want to concede an early goal and I think the 5.25 offered by Coral on Draw/Arsenal halftime/fulltime result is worth taking. This one has paid out a few times in Arsenal home matches this season. I think Arsenal will keep it basic and tight and look to exploit any fatigue and frustration later on in the game. I'm also going to have a small play on Podolski Last Goalscorer at 7.50 (Coral). He's precisely the kind of player United won't want to see getting off the bench late in the match. He has a habit lately of running around like a headless chicken when he comes on, really wanting to score. If he gets on the pitch I fancy him to get a goal.

Call me crazy but I will go for a Man Utd victory here. My reasoning is simple' date=' Utd weren't playing that bad against Fulham but they simply couldn't break through their defense. Arsenal will play more offensive so that provides some critical space for Van Persie, Rooney, Januzaj and Mata. Arsenal are usually poor in top-matches. The only one they've won is at home against Liverpool if I'm correct? I'm also taking into account the recent Arsenal form. They already miss Ramsey and Walcott while Ozil is terrible lately, especially against Liverpool last weekend. Without anyone to feed him, Giroud is a nothing special. This in contrary to Van Persie, Rooney and Mata who have that class.[/quote'] You might say they played well against Fulham but I don't see how you can come to that conclusion when a team as defensively poor as Fulham found it so easy to defend against them, Fulham's centre back Burns said he hadn't headed away that many crosses 'since I was playing in non-league football'. Point being I don't see how crossing the ball into nobody is seen as playing well? Earlier in the season Matt Jarvis and Stuart Downing had had the most crosses into the box for a team in the Premier League and West Ham were still total pony, why was this? Because they didn't have Andy Carroll on the pitch and that tactic is only useful if it makes use of the players you have available. For a team like Man Utd to be relying on crosses into the box to create anything is like going back 10 years, it just isn't a tactic the top sides rely on anymore. You certainly don't take advantage of the ball playing skills of Rooney, RVP and Mata by playing this way, what did Liverpool show against Arsenal at the weekend? The way to attack Arsenal is to play fast counters, taking adavantage of the fact Flamini isn't there to protect the back four and you can play through them if they hold a high line as neither Mertesacker or Koscielny are as comfortable playing against this type of tactics. The main question for this game is whether Moyes can adapt their tactics and try to take advantage of Arsenal's frailities in central midfield without Flamini there, Arteta and Wilshire can't do his job, this is the perfect game to play Mata centrally and get him dictating play, playing him wide midfield is just the most bizarre tactic possible..Man Utd's away results against similar teams so far this season are Liverpool 1-0 Man Utd, Man City 4-1 Man Utd, Chelsea 3-1 Man Utd, I don't see any reason to think Moyes will be able to successfully adapt to try and exploit another sides weaknesses.

Re: Arsenal v Manchester United > Wednesday February 12th Moyes is Arsenal's biggest chance. The guy is just a scrubber and can't even stand next to the top managers. He's the gold fish driving the car that is Man Utd. They just lost to Stoke and got draw f*(Ked by a crap Fulham side and now I'm supposed to believe they pose a threat to anyone? If this was away to Norwich or Everton or WBA then why would Man U win? not so confident huh? Then away to Arsenal the confidence should be even less. Arsenal deserved to get their ass kicked at Anfield and now we should see a different display. Moyes will for sure make a few wrong selections here and not read the situation properly, inviting Wenger to take advatage. Arsenal need to go back to defending as a team and taking care of the ball, and then United are in trouble here. Arsenal + 0 in a double, @ 1.525 Bet 365 in case those devils hold on for a point. KEY: Man Utd squad players know they will be cleaned out and HAVE NO STAKE IN TRYING HARD!!! Big mistake on letting them know b4 season os out. They are looking for new clubs and performances show. Vidic, Evra, Ferdinand, and a bunch of mids too. Chelsea f^%Ked up and opened the door for Arsenal to come back - golden opportunity. Arsene-Wenger.jpg-----art-wide-moyes_20140108133358413568-620x349.jpg

Re: Arsenal v Manchester United > Wednesday February 12th As everyone is saying Utd have likes of Rooney, RVP and Mata... thing is it doesn't seem to be gelling, why should I think they will get something against a side who has let in 1 goal in the last 8 premier league home games.. Utd struggled against Fulham I feel, yes they had miles better stats but the crossing tactic obviously wasn't working and was very one dimensional. Can I see Utd scoring more than 1? NO. Can I see Arsenal scoring more than 1? YES. If any other team was going to the Emirates in this form I would back the gunners. Arsenal have lost just 1 of their last 21 home games in the premier league, this being that 1-3 loss to Villa start of the season. Can't see Utd picking up all 3 points here. Arsenal DNB @1.66 Betfair 6 Units

Re: Arsenal v Manchester United > Wednesday February 12th Some would say that Arsenal are in crisis , but whatever crisis , The Gunners simply must be rehabilitated in the eyes of their fans for the defeat at Anfield , besides yesterday Chelsea dropped points , so if wins will come first. « For 20 minutes we lost 4-0, it was as a car accident. During the break, our coach was very angry , I 've never seen him so angry " - said after meeting with Liverpool Mikel Arteta. Doubt anyone that Arsenal on the field today will destroy the opponent with the idea ? The last match at home against Crystal Palace , The Gunners played in economy mode , here the name of the opponent makes chopped in full, for any account. As for Manchester United , the crisis is real, when was the last time Manchester United lost to Arsenal in the table 14 points ? Defense is bad , even Fulham , who scored on the road on major holidays , managed to score 2 goals , whether it is not a sign of crisis ? Jose Mourinho said after the match Real Madrid with Barcelona: "It is better to lose one time 5-0 than five times 1-0" and so can say Arsenal fans , as their team loses very rarely , but when loses , then Big (6:3 to Man City), but mainly Man United loses 2-1. Now some stats: * 9 of their last 10 away games Manchester United completed Over (2.5) No matter how bad the defense was for United, attacking trio have " Juan Van Rooney ", which can build a goal from nowhere, in turn with the attack Arsenal full order , so we have no idea how this match can get goaless , MU can concede a goal , and not one out of nowhere. Regarding the composition , then Arsenal defender Vermaelen out of the game (7 games) , midfielders Ramsay (18 games , 8 goals) , Mathieu Flamini (18 games , 1 goal) , Walcott (13 games , 5 goals). Do not play for MU, Jones (16 games) , Evans (16 games) and midfielder Fellaini (8 games). In general, the motivation for both teams is present , the meeting and the fans will see at least 3 goals in the match, and we put on that. Over 2.5 at 1.92 188Bet

Re: Arsenal v Manchester United > Wednesday February 12th It's really interesting seeing all the different views and opinions to this game. When these teams met earlier in the season almost everyone (myself included) got the outcome wrong. this is the link to that games thread http://forum.punterslounge.com/threads/144152-Manchester-United-v-Arsenal-gt-Sunday-November-10th A lot of the stuff written has not changed that much (from the previous game), but this game will prob throw up another strange result

Re: Arsenal v Manchester United > Wednesday February 12th I don't know were this optimism about United comes from but i can see Arsenal winning here.Yes they were terrible against Lpool but The Merseysides were very motivated and up for that game from the very beginning.Manchester United once again proved that they are not the team they used to be a several months ago.Moyes cannot handle a big team.They have struggled big time against the worst team in the division right now and relegation candidates ?1.Both teams had their difficulties during the weekend.That's in common between those two teams everything is in Arsenal's favour tonight.