** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD Wednesday 5th February

Lodge

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 5th February 4.40 - Lingfield - Top Offer 1pt @ 11/2 Bet365 I backed Top Offer last time out. He came in for market support as I expected and ran well, I personally felt he looked abit unlucky, it took him a rather long time to get a run and when he did the race was over. He gets another go off the same mark and I expect him to go very close in this company. He undoubtably has the ability to win when he puts it together.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 5th February Down Royal 1:15 I think I have found a horse that has been a bit overlooked in the market, the top weight Flood trained In Great Form. This horse was second to Hold Em Cowboy at Fairyhouse last time out, but now he has a 6 pounds pull in the weights this time around which should be enough to turn the form around for this improving gelding. The current favourite for tomorrow's race Witness Of Fashion was back in third that day so I think the 10/1 for this horse looks far too big to my eyes. Not only did he finish ahead of Witness Of Fashion that day, but tomorrow he has an extra pound pull in the weights with that horse also. I think he is well worth a bet at the prices, I had him as a 9/2 shot on my tissue. Both of his wins and his good run last time out have all come on heavy so the ground tomorrow is going to be ideal. In Great Form WIN @ 10/1 Boylesports

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 5th February 5.30 Kempton - Addikt 1pt win @ 11/4 PaddyPower I put this horse up last week as my BBOTD but it got taken out. It was gambled on that day into favourite so pretty much same applies for tomorrow. This horse has a good record over CD and does go well fresh. He is 3 form 3 over CD and I think the trainer has found a very weak race for him. I expect him to win tomorrow.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 5th February 14.30 Lingfield: Tanojin @ 20/1 Paddy Power Tanojin was eye-catching on his handicap debut over sharp 6f at Wolverhampton. It was a bit rough over 5f out for him, yet he travelled strongly for the rest of the race, made a big move on the outside from 3f out and finished the race strongly in second, just the front-runner with the run of the race was not to peg back. He stepped up to 7f at Lingfield lto, trailed the field and had an awful lot to do turning for home, when he also got slightly bumped approaching the home straight and soon after even more so badly hampered, which all together robbed him any chance to finish the race better than he did. He's better than this form suggest in my mind, even though that race looks a strong one, considering how well it worked out so far. Further step up in trip should suit, tomorrow over the mile, and while the favourite looks extremely hard to beat turned out quickly under a penalty, i still feel Tanojin is a very big price for an unexposed young horse that showed some promise and should improve for the new trip. The smaller field should suit too and while I'm not the biggest fan of William Twiston Davis, his 3lb claim is a nice bonus here tomorrow and not to forget that he has ridden 3 winners from 7 rides for Mick Channon.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 5th February Trainer Mick Channon sends just the one stand out runner for Kempton, and a very notable sole ride for jockey Willie Twiston Davies, the horse in question has not been seen in 126 days, the filly has only the two starts on her CV winning her last start at Notingham, however that was over the min trip and she now steps up to 7f. She must be proving herself back on the gallops for Mr Channon to send her along all alone. 7pm Kempton Pk - Amahoro 1pt Win Bet @ 3/1 Bet365 ''BOG''

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 5th February C1.20 Indian Voyage 1pt Win 8/1 Bet365 I've missed the 10/1 already but the early money for it would suggest that the 8/1 won't last come race time. The horse is still a maiden but is the least exposed horse in the race and I think the key here is the drop back in trip. The horse doesn't have a turn of foot particularly so I think the heavy ground combined with 2 miles could just click and be the perfect combo for the horse. In addition the horse was clearly fancied last time out (finished 2nd) when arguably being tried over too far (the horse was backed from 13/2 to 7/2 and this 7lb claimer is great value for his claim). This could be the chance to get the money back from the bookies.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 5th February Wed 5th Feb 2014 3.30 Carlisle (6 runners) 32Red Novices' Limited Handicap Chase Class 3, 2m , Heavy, 5yo+, Win: £6498 Think CLONDAW KNIGHT has got an outstanding chance of getting his nose in front here. Won very nicely LTO and the form of that race has worked out superbly well - 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 6th have won since - albeit in class 4s, but the selection looks more promising than them anyway. Question mark over the ground, but sire's progeny stats ring no alarm bells. Should go very close. CLONDAW KNIGHT 1pt WIN @ 2/1 (BOG BetVictor)

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 5th February 3.30 Carlisle - Rupert Bear ew 14/1 bet365 3 runs back from a break , run sandwiched in between when btn 16L was a decent enough effort off a 6lb higher mark than today and has ran well over this course in past 4lbs out handicap but jock negates that with 5lb claim and they combine well enough here. Form at course over hurdles but can translate that to fences Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 5th February 3.40 Lingfield - The Blue Dog win @ 4/1 Bet365 This horse got very unlucky last time out finishing 4th behind Doldrums. The Blue Dog got caught behind a horse that was weakening rapidly and was hampered as it tried to go up the inside. This move basically handed the race to Doldrums. The Blue Dog looked to be travelling fairly well and should go well again today. Before that last run the horse had been in good form, in fact last time out it was looking for its 4th win in a row. It goes well at the course having 3 wins (1 over C&D) from 7 races and I feel that the extra 6lbs on Doldrums will be enough to overturn the last result between the two as long as The Blue Dog has a clean run.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 5th February 4.40 LINGFIELD TOP OFFER @ 6/1 Betvictor .5 ew Was only 14/1 for the 2000 guineas won by Camelot, clearly not in that class but with his last runs looks to be at a mark that he can win off. Backed this last time out and was travelling well but not sure he was given the best ride on that occasion and my only reservation is he is being ridden by the same jockey today.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 5th February 2:40 Ludlow - Tony Dinozzo Looked the likely winner until falling at the last lto when in front and now has a more experienced jockey taking the ride. That would have made it 2 from 2 on heavy, which it is advertised as today. Tony Dinozzo is the only scheduled ride of the day for Jamie Moore and he won on the gelding two runs ago at Fakenham over fences. This race is also 4f shorter than the 7yo's last race, which I think will work in his favour. 6/1 bet365

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 5th February

3.40 Lingfield - The Blue Dog win @ 4/1 Bet365 This horse got very unlucky last time out finishing 4th behind Doldrums. The Blue Dog got caught behind a horse that was weakening rapidly and was hampered as it tried to go up the inside. This move basically handed the race to Doldrums. The Blue Dog looked to be travelling fairly well and should go well again today. Before that last run the horse had been in good form, in fact last time out it was looking for its 4th win in a row. It goes well at the course having 3 wins (1 over C&D) from 7 races and I feel that the extra 6lbs on Doldrums will be enough to overturn the last result between the two as long as The Blue Dog has a clean run.
I like this one too, but I think it's important to note that The Blue Dog isn't that much better off in the weights as a 7lb claimer was used lto and this time the allowance is 3lb. Let's keep our fingers crossed :hope

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 5th February Lingfield 3.40 - The Blue Dog (1pts win 4/1 Betfred) In cracking form right now and wasn't too far away from landing a hat trick lto at Wolves and he was badly hampered so the fourth finish really is a lot better then it may first look. This is probably a harder race but such is the form of the horse I think he is a big chance to regain the winning thread today.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 5th February 315 Ludlow: Land Of Vic EW 9/1 (PP/SJ) I liked the way this mare won last time and has improved with each outing. Goes on the ground and i believe the mark of 115 gives her something to play with. The fav looked good last time but she picked up the pieces in a race run too fast and i'm not sure that form is all its cracked up to be. The top one from the Daly yard would be my idea of the danger but Land Of Vic is overpriced in my eyes and should make the frame ok.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 5th February 2.50 Down Royal Leavethelighton 11/10 BetVictor BOG Leavethelight on was runner up to Los Amigos over 22f at Thurles before Christmas prior to filling the runner up berth over 23f at Navan lto. Dropping back 3f should suit and it only has the hitherto disappointing Coleur France to beat. 1 Point win for nap purposes Leavethelighton 11/10 BetVictor BOG

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 5th February 2.00 Lingfield - Waveguide - 1pt win 9/2 Betfred Yet to get off the mark, this Dubawi mare came close last time and has to be in with a chance off 66. She posted some respectful performances on the turf last summer and I'll be surprised if she doesn't win soon enough. Simcock is in decent form and Lewis Walsh takes 7lb off, giving her a bit of leverage perhaps.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 5th February 1620 ludlow 1pt win pearlsteps 5//6 betvic henry dalys 11 year old gelding takes his chance with 4 rivals today,he also has a declaration at huntington tomorrow(thursday) with only 3 runners,and with the ground as heavy as today,my guy should relish it,the way he won at towcester last month,there could be more to come, he is prone to the odd mistake, but he will have to win here if connections are serious about cheltenham, wher he is quoted at 20/1 for the foxhunter

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 5th February Carlisle 400 - Twoways 7/2 William Hill BOG This horse has been of interest to me since he has returned hurdling as he has always looked the grinding type but had some solid form at Huntingdon and Kempton which are both sharp tracks. Over 17f at Wetherby on boxing day he again took a while to get going but started to pick up again after the last two flights (nowhere the near the unexposed winner though) and made some ground up on the other placed horses. At Towcester last time he backed up my suspicions and ran really well to beat two solid and improving 110-115 horses staying on in the heavy ground over 16f and pulling away after the last flight. Carlisle is another testing track and the ground is heavy once more. He also has the assistance of another furlong and he has the same jockey that galvanised him on the run in. The rest of the field don't look up to an awful lot and whilst the Sue Smith horse could be anything, he isnt the greatest jumper and he is going up in class. My main concern would be the size of the field because with only 6 runners it might not end up as the test he needs.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 5th February 3.40 Lingfield Hard to rule out any of these at present. Layline consistent on the AW but not shaping at best so far this winter since November. Scottish Star is on a lengthy losing spell now and he is yet to convince he stays these sort of trips convincingly although booking of Morris is eye catching. Echo Brava in good form recently although was held last time out under a penalty, 1lb higher today and may just be high enough now. Doldrums landed somewhat of a gamble last time out, I cant help but feel he was a tad lucky the way the race panned out. Impossible to say whether The Blue Dog would have won but she was travelling very kindly behind when given an awful ride and getting into all sorts of trouble, aslong as her confidence hasn’t been knocked after a nasty knock in that race she may well be able to turn that form around with a 6lb pull. She was clearly still in good form because when space opened up she did still see her race out. Doldrums bounced on his next run after winning his maiden so is well worth taking on. 1pt win The Blue Dog 4/1 SJ

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 5th February 3.05 Ling - Club House - EW at 16/1 bog betvictor 8 runners - fingers crossed for no NR ! We've got an odds on favourite here who's won her last 2 pretty comfortably, including over CD, and is the most likely winner. But they do say that you should never be afraid of one horse ! Looking at the others I've got doubts about the other market leaders on grounds of trip and handicap mark My selection is a CD winner and he's won off 9lbs higher a year ago. He's running well lately beaten by a length and a half length in his last two runs so he doesn't appear to be handicapped out of things. He's had 4 successive runs now where he's got closer to the winning line each time

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 5th February 4.40pm @ Lingfield 'Presumido' 9/2 (Stan James) My first selection has been mentioned 3 times already so i'll move on to this chap instead with the lovely Hayley Turner riding, lucky horse. Never really going the pace or put into the race in a serious manner over 6 furlongs last time, the addition of a hood may sharpen it up early today and the extra furlong looks ideal. With a good ride from Hayley Turner I expect it to be in the mix at the end. 1 point win

C1.20 Indian Voyage 1pt Win 8/1 Bet365 I've missed the 10/1 already but the early money for it would suggest that the 8/1 won't last come race time. The horse is still a maiden but is the least exposed horse in the race and I think the key here is the drop back in trip. The horse doesn't have a turn of foot particularly so I think the heavy ground combined with 2 miles could just click and be the perfect combo for the horse. In addition the horse was clearly fancied last time out (finished 2nd) when arguably being tried over too far (the horse was backed from 13/2 to 7/2 and this 7lb claimer is great value for his claim). This could be the chance to get the money back from the bookies.
:clap Won at around 2/1!

315 Ludlow: Land Of Vic EW 9/1 (PP/SJ) I liked the way this mare won last time and has improved with each outing. Goes on the ground and i believe the mark of 115 gives her something to play with. The fav looked good last time but she picked up the pieces in a race run too fast and i'm not sure that form is all its cracked up to be. The top one from the Daly yard would be my idea of the danger but Land Of Vic is overpriced in my eyes and should make the frame ok.
Travelled so smoothly, was even gaining speed towards the end. Nice pick.!

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 5th February Good day so far;:clap Trotter 16/1 EW BH 9/1 EW Boulder 8/1 Scotty 9/2 Blazing Bailey 9/2 Corky 5/6 Later runners;

5.30 Kempton - Addikt 1pt win @ 11/4 PaddyPower I put this horse up last week as my BBOTD but it got taken out. It was gambled on that day into favourite so pretty much same applies for tomorrow. This horse has a good record over CD and does go well fresh. He is 3 form 3 over CD and I think the trainer has found a very weak race for him. I expect him to win tomorrow.
Trainer Mick Channon sends just the one stand out runner for Kempton, and a very notable sole ride for jockey Willie Twiston Davies, the horse in question has not been seen in 126 days, the filly has only the two starts on her CV winning her last start at Notingham, however that was over the min trip and she now steps up to 7f. She must be proving herself back on the gallops for Mr Channon to send her along all alone. 7pm Kempton Pk - Amahoro 1pt Win Bet @ 3/1 Bet365 ''BOG''