Manchester United v Newcastle United > Saturday December 7th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Manchester United v Newcastle United (12:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.51[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.85[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]8.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]98.61 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Manchester United v Newcastle United > Saturday December 7th What brave soldier will take that price on United? A shocking price it is, best priced 1/2... No Rooney, Van persie (more than likely out), Jones or Carrick. Nobody fears us these days, it is going to be a long year but there has to be value backing Newcastle on the handicap with the club in such disarray.

Re: Manchester United v Newcastle United > Saturday December 7th In a strange way I am almost hoping that Man U fail again this weekend. Take the pressure off, and use this season as a building/repair/get right combinations in season. The thing that they did last season, which won them the premier league, was play great away. Of 19 games they won 12 and lost just 2, which is insanely good. They were 9 points better than Arsenal 7 better than Chelsea, and 8 better than Man City. This season, the away form has been pretty good, only bettered by Arsenal. To me the obvious move, and it is idiotically simple, is to make Fellani one of a center back pairing. Vidic is injured often, Ferdinand is coming to the end. What, fork out 16Million pounds for a center back. You already have one. Him and Smalling would be terrific. I just don't understand were he fits in in midfield. Midfeld is a problem. In my limited opinion it's made by Moyes's muddled selections. If you give Nani a 5 year deal, then play him. It is so obvious that he needs a consistent run in the side. Januzi in and Zaha never a chance. That's just daft, with Januzi trying to do much on the ball. Just find one guy who is a Schole's/Patrick Viera/Beckham/Robson combination:rollin and give him a few games. Back to this weeks game. Was kind of amazed to Newcastle get spanked by Swansea. DId'nt see that coming. Rooney and van Persie out will make it tough. Would love to see United start with Hernandez and and Zaha up front, but Moyes will go conservative with those 2 supastars, Cleverly and Wellbeck (not easy to miss a free header from 5 yards) In 7 games at home this season Man Unt have scored 1 goal or less 5 times. That's more than they did in 19 home games last season (4 times) Put in perspective, WEST HAM have scored 2 or more 3 times at home this season. They have 4 shots against SPurs last Sunday, just 4 which shows really how bad things are... Gotta wait and see if van Persie plays or not, because if not they have no goal threat.

Re: Manchester United v Newcastle United > Saturday December 7th United are a poor price,but I think it' alwys risky opposing such sides. They could have a front four of Nani, Valencia, Kagawa and Hernandez, worst case scenario, more than enough there to tax a poor Newcastle defence, imo.

Re: Manchester United v Newcastle United > Saturday December 7th Not expecting a lot tomorrow - Rooney suspended, RVP and Kags probably out, Carrick a definite no show - Vida and Rafa won't play (Vida can't play 3 in a row with his problems and Rafa back from injury so looks like Smalling at RB (where the hell are Fabio and Varela???) and Jones/Evans in the middle as Rio can't cope with the pace of Remy - central midfield will be two from Fellaini, Cleverly and Anderson we are that short On a bright note Adnan should start - hopefully with Nani on the other wing but I can see Moyes sticking with the awful Valencia - Chico up front getting no service as usual With all the absentees surely Wilf will be on the bench - fingers crossed United have scored less goals at home this season than bottom club Sunderland - whatever happened to the fortress of Old Trafford? - we've been turned from an attacking team into a counter attacking team and that is why we are better away from home 0-0 for me :(

Re: Manchester United v Newcastle United > Saturday December 7th

United are a poor price' date='but I think it' alwys risky opposing such sides. They could have a front four of Nani, Valencia, Kagawa and Hernandez, worst case scenario, more than enough there to tax a poor Newcastle defence, imo.[/quote'] It ain't 2008 mate, there is nothing there to worry anyone. Nani and Valencia!? :lol Fcuk me I wouldn't be worried if they were playing against the Gills tomorrow, both living off past glories.

In a strange way I am almost hoping that Man U fail again this weekend. Take the pressure off, and use this season as a building/repair/get right combinations in season. The thing that they did last season, which won them the premier league, was play great away. Of 19 games they won 12 and lost just 2, which is insanely good. They were 9 points better than Arsenal 7 better than Chelsea, and 8 better than Man City. This season, the away form has been pretty good, only bettered by Arsenal. To me the obvious move, and it is idiotically simple, is to make Fellani one of a center back pairing. Vidic is injured often, Ferdinand is coming to the end. What, fork out 16Million pounds for a center back. You already have one. Him and Smalling would be terrific. I just don't understand were he fits in in midfield. Midfeld is a problem. In my limited opinion it's made by Moyes's muddled selections. If you give Nani a 5 year deal, then play him. It is so obvious that he needs a consistent run in the side. Januzi in and Zaha never a chance. That's just daft, with Januzi trying to do much on the ball. Just find one guy who is a Schole's/Patrick Viera/Beckham/Robson combination:rollin and give him a few games. Back to this weeks game. Was kind of amazed to Newcastle get spanked by Swansea. DId'nt see that coming. Rooney and van Persie out will make it tough. Would love to see United start with Hernandez and and Zaha up front, but Moyes will go conservative with those 2 supastars, Cleverly and Wellbeck (not easy to miss a free header from 5 yards) In 7 games at home this season Man Unt have scored 1 goal or less 5 times. That's more than they did in 19 home games last season (4 times) Put in perspective, WEST HAM have scored 2 or more 3 times at home this season. They have 4 shots against SPurs last Sunday, just 4 which shows really how bad things are... Gotta wait and see if van Persie plays or not, because if not they have no goal threat.
Scholes with an apostrophe in the middle? I really HAVE seen it all now......

Re: Manchester United v Newcastle United > Saturday December 7th Some numbers that have me thinking...from my spreadsheets of big dogs. The 6.0 to 8.0 dogs in Premier haven't won that often over the past five years, but they have drawn enough to be profitable...but only the rare weekday games. It's really rather marked. The dogs of 5.0 to 5.99 are really live, but not once you get over 6.0. Now, you could say, "Well, last few years, the difference between the top four and everybody else is huge, so it stands to reason that they don't drop points to dogs of over 6.0." I'd be inclined to think that way, except, what about this year, when the top four seem fluid and not too dominant? Dogs of 6.0 or better have been poor...except that there have been more of the really big upset wins than in any year that I've counted, but not at a rate that will win you any money unless you happen to hit one. (West Brom winning at Man Utd was probably the biggest.) Anyway, the thing that strikes me about this matchup is that everybody jumped on Newcastle away to Swans, because everybody thought Newcastle odds looked great against such a poor, out of form team missing its strikeforce. And well, that was a pretty comprehensive win by Swans. What makes anybody think Newcastle is more of a live dog here at 6.4 than they were last week at 3.4? I guess the only thing I can think is that we knew Swans would win the possession battle but Newcastle would score anyway...as it happens Swans weren't dominant in that fashion (58%) but without their regular strikers won the corner battle 5-1 among other things. What makes us think Newcastle will suddenly come to their wits here?

Scholes with an apostrophe in the middle? I really HAVE seen it all now......
if all you get out of that is schole's with an apostrophe, you should probably go and teach english comprehension, instead of attempting to punt on football. But thanks for that. That typo will probably keep me up all night:notworthy

Re: Manchester United v Newcastle United > Saturday December 7th Lay of Man Utd seems to be the logical bet here If Van P and kagawa don't play. Man Utd are missing too many players. Rooney is a big blow. Even at full strength Man Utd are quite average, so I don't see why Newcastle can't get a result here, like Everton did. Man Utd are having a crap season as expected and I can't see it changing unless they bring in a few fresh faces in the transfer window.. Fergie has left an old squad behind mainly consisting of past it or average players. Apart from van P and Rooney, the rest of the squad is nothing special.

Re: Manchester United v Newcastle United > Saturday December 7th Right now I wouldn't be touching Manchester United, especially at the odds they are at the moment. Home form hasn't been great and Man Utd haven't looked good even when winning since their first game at Swansea. Newcastle on the other hand are a bit Jekyll and Hyde at the moment, one week they beat Chelsea and Spurs, then other weeks they lose at home to Hull / away to Swansea comfortably. Without Rooney and RVP, goals will be at a premium. Newcastle don't score many on the road, as shown against Spurs they took their chance and it got them the 3 points. Today, I see a draw, 0-0 or 1-1 at best. Draw 7/2 @ Bet365 Under 2.5 goals 5/4 @ Skybet 0-0 Correct Score 16/1 @ Skybet

J. Hernandez to score anytime @11/10 [PaddyPower] J. Hernandez to score 2 or more goals @11/2 [PaddyPower] The boy always delivers when the team needs him. Now with Rooney and RVP out he has the chance to prove himself once again.
been thinking the same thing hes due a couple of goals

Re: Manchester United v Newcastle United > Saturday December 7th From The Times

David Moyes' troubled week took another turn for the worse yesterday when Rio Ferdinand appeared to criticise his preference for naming his teams at the last minute and Wilfried Zaha took to Twitter to deny that he has been in a relationship with the daughter of the Manchester United manager
Rio played his last game unless we are desperate and that rumour about Zaha won't go away - IF it is true then freezing Zaha out because he's podging his ginger kid is unprofessional IMO

Re: Manchester United v Newcastle United > Saturday December 7th De Gea; Rafael, Evans, Vidic, Evra; Nani, Jones, Cleverley, Januzaj; Hernandez, van Persie. Subs: Lindegaard, Ferdinand, Anderson, Valencia, Young, Zaha, Welbeck No Fellaini but at least Wilf is on the bench \0/

There's a rumour that Robin Van Persie has handed in a transfer request although don't know how serious to take it.
I wouldn't be suprised, he came to Man U to win silverware. He should be patient though, if he waits a couple of seasons the Johnstone's Paint Trophy will be well within his grasp.