FA Cup > November 18th - 20th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 18 November 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Brackley Town v Gillingham (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.83[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]105.34 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 19 November 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Bury v Cambridge United (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]105.64 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Carlisle United v Boreham Wood (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]9.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.18 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Crewe Alexandra v Wycombe Wanderers (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]106.08 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Newport County v Braintree Town (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.66[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.25[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]105.36 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Scunthorpe United v Grimsby Town (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]105.18 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Wolverhampton Wanderers v Oldham Athletic (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.57[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.25[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.64 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]York City v Bristol Rovers (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]106.11 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 20 November 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Gateshead v Oxford United (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.25[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]106.11 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Plymouth Argyle v Lincoln City (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]105.18 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: FA Cup > November 18th - 20th

Billy turley is suspended for brackley and heard on the radio they might have to play a 46 year old in goal' date='any news hast gill on whether this is the case? Gills worth backing in your opinion?[/quote'] Was hoping to keep this quiet until more bookies have priced up as almost certain this news would have been missed.

Re: FA Cup > November 18th - 20th Lol, was wondering if any of the non-league regulars would have picked up on that news! Shouldn't have underestimated you guys.. The situation is as follows, Brackley keeper Billy Turley is suspended for two matches after getting sent off in a recent league game. The rules for signing loan keepers for FA Cup games is different to normal as the player has to be registered by 12pm on the Friday before the tie takes place - meaning the original game which finished 1-1 - and despite an appeal from Brackley the FA are holding firm and won't allow them to sign anyone..this won't now change. Their choices are either a 20 year-old gk Worby who is apparently very inexperienced and they don't seem keen to play him at all, the other option is playing an outfield player in goal which seems to be falling on the 46 year old assistant manager Darren Collins - a former Northampton Town and Rushden striker - they have a couple of other players who might fancy it too. In the first game we were beyond terrible and managed a 96th minute leveller which was totally undeserved. We have decent experience of getting knocked out by minnows - Burscough and Dover in recent years spring to mind - not even sure where Burscough is! If we get the expected battering away to Sheffield United on Sat I think our odds might rise slightly so probably worth waiting. 1.83 isn't much to get excited about considering we barely managed a shot on target in the first game and Peter Taylor's tactics are notoriously defensive. If we do win the game I doubt if it will be comfortable. This is live on BT Sport by the way (they obviously smell blood in the water).

Lol, was wondering if any of the non-league regulars would have picked up on that news! Shouldn't have underestimated you guys.. The situation is as follows, Brackley keeper Billy Turley is suspended for two matches after getting sent off in a recent league game. The rules for signing loan keepers for FA Cup games is different to normal as the player has to be registered by 12pm on the Friday before the tie takes place - meaning the original game which finished 1-1 - and despite an appeal from Brackley the FA are holding firm and won't allow them to sign anyone..this won't now change. Their choices are either a 20 year-old gk Worby who is apparently very inexperienced and they don't seem keen to play him at all, the other option is playing an outfield player in goal which seems to be falling on the 46 year old assistant manager Darren Collins - a former Northampton Town and Rushden striker - they have a couple of other players who might fancy it too. In the first game we were beyond terrible and managed a 96th minute leveller which was totally undeserved. We have decent experience of getting knocked out by minnows - Burscough and Dover in recent years spring to mind - not even sure where Burscough is! If we get the expected battering away to Sheffield United on Sat I think our odds might rise slightly so probably worth waiting. 1.83 isn't much to get excited about considering we barely managed a shot on target in the first game and Peter Taylor's tactics are notoriously defensive. If we do win the game I doubt if it will be comfortable. This is live on BT Sport by the way (they obviously smell blood in the water).
One thing grabbed my attention that you expect Gills to be hammered on Saturday away to Sheffield?The odds look good to me so i intend to take it,if a Gills fan suggest an HW?

Re: FA Cup > November 18th - 20th I will add that of course Farnborough played quite a few games at the back end of last season and they actually did ok, so it is no gimme, but as soon as this news gets out (again I was hoping no one was going to post on here) then Gillingham will be shorter than 5/6.

Re: FA Cup > November 18th - 20th To update you on the Brackley situation for Monday, Alastair Worby played in goal today - the 19-year-old who Brackley boss Jon Brady isn't keen to expose either to a TV audience or the Gillingham attack. He kept a clean sheet in the 0-0 with Leek Town, though apparently had little of note to do, though he didn't make any errors. Given that this was an ideal opportunity to give Elliot Sandy a run out between the sticks (he started as an outfield player), I'm guessing this means that Worby will start on Monday. Brady could just be playing mind games with the opposition, of course, but it's unlikely to have filled the youngster full of confidence going into this one.

Re: FA Cup > November 18th - 20th BRACKLEY TOWN V GILLINGHAM Team News: Gillingham Peter Taylor will be without at least seven players for the trip to Northampton with Steven Gregory (groin), Danny Kedwell (shin), Michael Harriman (international duty), Amine Linganzi (hamstring), Craig Fagan, Danny Hollands and Elliott Hewitt (all ineligible) absent. Charlie Lee returns after his one match ban, so he is an option to fill the right back position with neither Harriman nor Hewitt available for selection. Team News: BRACKLEY TOWN As for Brackley they are likely to field 20-year-old Alastair Worby in goal with first choice stopper Billy Turley suspended. The keeper played in Saturday’s 0-0 draw in the FA Trophy against Leek Town, and will deputise between the sticks again in front of the BT Sport Cameras.

Re: FA Cup > November 18th - 20th Monday preview: 4pts Gillingham to beat Brackley Town 4/5 Stan James I’m a believer in that you only get one chance to cause an upset. Sure that isn’t always the case but Brackley must have thought they were through in the first game before being denied late on. With their keeping issues here and the fact Gillingham are almost freerolling in this competition now I think the visitors are the side to be on. They should have the quality to dispose of the Conference North side here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/brackley-town-vs-gillingham-betting-gillingham-can-make-full-use-of-their-second-chance

Re: FA Cup > November 18th - 20th As listed above by Yas, our list of absentees grows longer by the hour! Didn't realise all the loan players were ineligible..The first XI will be plenty experienced, there are no real worries there, the bench won't be though and there will be a few kids thrown in. We will probably start with Akinfenwa and Cody Macdonald up front in Kedwell's absence. The team on paper will be weaker than the one that started the first game and we really struggled in that so Brackley will certainly fancy their chances, the gk situation might well decide this though, one fumble or failure to deal with a long ball could make all the difference and they can't be happy going into the most important game in their history with a virtually untried youngster. Don't know how many of the Brackley first team started on Sat but we had a pretty gruelling 90 against Sheff Utd which might effect a few, in summary I wouldn't really feel that confident betting on this, we should win but there aren't many times this season when we've strung together two decent performances on the bounce..I'll just stick to watching it from behind the sofa through my fingers like I do all our televised games.

Re: FA Cup > November 18th - 20th I see everybody puts an emphasis on Brackley's inexperienced GK. However, I think this can go in two directions - either the lad pulls an amazing performance and everything will go in his favour, or he makes a mistake, Gills score and then his confidence goes bellow zero. Personally, I like the over 2.5 goals at ~1.80 in various bookies. As it was mentioned already this is Brackley's game of the season and I can't imagine them holding back for 90 minutes. In fact with their GK issue they might stick to the old saying "the best defense is a good offense". On the other hand, though, with Akinfenwa up front Gillingham will have someone who can easily engage a defender or two and thus allow for more spaces in host's defense which I hope MacDonald could use. Plus Akinfenwa could score as well, so this should definitely be an interesting game and I really hope we won't see a dull low scoring affair.

Re: FA Cup > November 18th - 20th Good analysis, mtom. It does look like Worby has got the nod, and though he lacks much match time this season, he's hasn't been plucked from nowhere. Brackley are normally organised and patient at home but they may feel a front-foot approach is best. They are a fairly experienced side and as they proved in the first tie they won't lack confidence on the ball. Peter Taylor has a dreadful record when he takes on lower-ranked sides in the cup (this is what persuaded me to buy Brackley's team goal minutes in the first game), but I remember when he took a Wycombe side to AFC Wimbledon in front of the cameras some seasons ago they were actually very efficient: a live game concentrates the mind. I think overs is a good shout.

Re: FA Cup > November 18th - 20th I think Gillingham have to be backed tonight. Obviously its hard to know how much effort Brackley put into the Leek game, but it has to be against them that this game come so soon against a full-time club who should recover much quicker. If Taylor has any sense he will want to put the young keeper under as much pressure as possible. I guess Brady's comments could either spur him on to do better or make him even more worried about making a mistake. Brackley's home form is very strong so that is in their favour, but I think Gillingham will beat them. I am going to stick them in a double with under 2.5 goals in the Plymouth v Lincoln game on Wednesday. Neither team score many and neither team concede many. Yes Lincoln have let 4 in twice of late but FGR and Kiddie's strike force is scarier than Plymouth's in my view. The double pays just under 2/1 with Paddy Power.

Re: FA Cup > November 18th - 20th One player goal minute trade I like tonight is Gillingham's Bradley Dack at 9 to buy (Sporting Index). He notched the equaliser in the first match and has had an eye for goal throughout his fledgling career, and I think he may have earned himself a start - he was a late sub against Brackley and an early one against Sheff U, and given the players ineligible or crocked tonight, he may well be on from the start (if he doesn't the trade is void). Peter Taylor loves a defensive breaker-upper operating in front of the back four, but that is unlikely to be Dack, and if he does start it could be in a central, advanced role supporting a front two.

One player goal minute trade I like tonight is Gillingham's Bradley Dack at 9 to buy (Sporting Index). He notched the equaliser in the first match and has had an eye for goal throughout his fledgling career' date=' and I think he may have earned himself a start - he was a late sub against Brackley and an early one against Sheff U, and given the players ineligible or crocked tonight, he may well be on from the start (if he doesn't the trade is void). Peter Taylor loves a defensive breaker-upper operating in front of the back four, but that is unlikely to be Dack, and if he does start it could be in a central, advanced role supporting a front two.[/quote'] Yep, agree with that. If Dack starts (and he should given the lack of other options) he will get forward and is certainly a Frank Lampard type of player. His scoring record in Gills youth sides was very good and supporters are hoping he gets more of a chance in the team.

One player goal minute trade I like tonight is Gillingham's Bradley Dack at 9 to buy (Sporting Index). He notched the equaliser in the first match and has had an eye for goal throughout his fledgling career' date=' and I think he may have earned himself a start - he was a late sub against Brackley and an early one against Sheff U, and given the players ineligible or crocked tonight, he may well be on from the start (if he doesn't the trade is void). Peter Taylor loves a defensive breaker-upper operating in front of the back four, but that is unlikely to be Dack, and if he does start it could be in a central, advanced role supporting a front two.[/quote'] And guess who gets the wrongly disallowed goal! Brackley were very good but we should be beating teams like that, no excuses. Few of our players didn't turn up and we need a major clear-out in the summer, if Kedwell's not playing we don't look like forcing the ball in up front.

And guess who gets the wrongly disallowed goal! Brackley were very good but we should be beating teams like that, no excuses. Few of our players didn't turn up and we need a major clear-out in the summer, if Kedwell's not playing we don't look like forcing the ball in up front.
As much as you should have tested the keeper more at corners and free kicks, I think on most nights you would have won that game. What I will say is I don't reckon Brackley tried an inch against Leek on Saturday as they certainly didn't tire tonight.

Re: FA Cup > November 18th - 20th No joy with Dack trade but to be fair I've had some massive slices of luck from the officials over the past week, so can't carp about the chalked off goal. The first half was typical of a performance from a Taylor side - unnecessarily conservative, and they paid the price. Brackley earned their luck by sticking to a plan and executing it with a fair bit of skill.

Re: FA Cup > November 18th - 20th I've sold the time of the 2nd Newport County goal at 71 with Sporting tonight. In seven out of nine home games in all competitions, County have notched a second goal inside that mark, even through a pretty horrendous set of injuries. The injuries haven't completely cleared up yet but they look reasonably strong tonight, and with Connor Washington in good form and Christian Jolley back they should keep the Braintree rearguard as busy as they did in the first match - a game they should have put to bed. Braintree have been very impressive away from home, working harder than anyone and countering effectively in the Skrill Prem. But with a reshaped defence they were quite easy to unpick at Alfreton at the weekend and it may be more of the same tonight - Alan Massey (who has been excellent this season) is a doubt, and his nominal replacement Exodus Geohagan, who played on Saturday, isn't eligible for this one. There is also a doubt about Kenny Davis, who limped off on Saturday. Even if Massey makes it back, I think there is a decent chance that Newport will cover the spread, and if Braintree go into this with a light defence the trade could make up very nicely.

Re: FA Cup > November 18th - 20th Yeah, I also fancy Newport county to grab a win here.. If braintree had any chance to go through than they needed a win at their home ground. Newport is just too good imo at home. They are tremendous and scoring at will. Braintree conceded a lot against Alfreton as expected but not so easily. I think they come up short tonight and suffer again. Ill just take newport in some combo's with colombia. I like the Wolves too. They also drew the first game away 1-1 and now they welcome Oldham ath at home. Wolves pretty convincing this year and league leaders in LEO. I think the quality difference is there and Oldham also misses a regular defender J grounds. I like the BTS option here as I can see Oldham scoring too. Decent form but they collect their points mostly at their home ground. Couple of losses away from home and they conceded a lot. 1point out of the last 5 away games and I cant see them turning this around against Wolverhampton. These teams met on the 22th of october and Wolves won 2-0 at home. I expect a same outcome for this one but cupgames always give a boost so ill try over 2.75 goals @ 2.00 with 2 points. Wolves HT/FT @ 2.40! 2 points Wolves home win @ 1.65! 6 points. All with bet365. Maybe someone can add some more team news. Goodluck anyways

Re: FA Cup > November 18th - 20th Carlisle-Boreham Wood over 2.5 @ 1.7 (5dimes). FA Cup recent years, a matchup of this difference in league has produced goals when the line is set at -1.5. Total 20-7 in the five years I've been keeping track...including 5-2 for League One favorites, 3-1 for Conf N/S dogs, 9-5 when the difference in league is two levels or more. League Cup, similar...17-6 when the difference in league is two levels or more, though the home favorites are always Premier and Championship sides.

Re: FA Cup > November 18th - 20th 4pts Gateshead vs Oxford - Both teams to score 4/5 Unibet The first match was a pretty open affair and I see no reason why this one won’t be either on the big pitch at Gateshead. The pitch is pretty flat so you can play football on it which should make for a good game of football. Both sides scored in the first game and I think both can score in this one. With Wrexham not in the best of form there is a chance for one of these to make the third round which should add plenty of incentive and a competitive edge so I like both to find the net here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/gateshead-vs-oxford-betting-both-sides-can-find-the-net-in-fa-cup-replay

Carlisle-Boreham Wood over 2.5 @ 1.7 (5dimes). FA Cup recent years' date=' a matchup of this difference in league has produced goals when the line is set at -1.5. Total 20-7 in the five years I've been keeping track...including 5-2 for League One favorites, 3-1 for Conf N/S dogs, 9-5 when the difference in league is two levels or more. League Cup, similar...17-6 when the difference in league is two levels or more, though the home favorites are always Premier and Championship sides.[/quote'] I watched Boreham Wood on Saturday and I can't say I'd fancy them helping on the goals front tonight. Sent from my GT-I8190N using PL Forum

Re: FA Cup > November 18th - 20th Spreadex cannot split the goal supremacy between Gateshead and Oxford which I find strange - Gateshead (5-2-3) against and Oxford team that loves playing away (6-2-0) scoring 19 goals in 8 matches.I know playing Gateshead on a cold wet Wendesday is not anyone idea of a fun experience, but I cannot see pass an away win here, let's hope it doesn't take extra time to achieve it.

Re: FA Cup > November 18th - 20th Must admit that I'm struggling to find a bet for this game. Oxford have injury issues (see below) and although there were 4 goals scored in the 1st tie, there were only 6 shots on target and Oxford may have been flattered on Saturday by playing against 10 men for 70 minutes. This could be tight. Oxford are facing an injury crisis ahead of their FA Cup first-round replay at Gateshead tomorrow. The U’s have just nine fully-fit first-team profesionals available, and coach Andy Melville admitted they may be left with a “bench of under 19s”. The squad was already hit by injuries to Jake Wright, Alfie Potter and Jon Meades, but it took a battering during Saturday’s 3-1 win at Mansfield Town. Deane Smalley and Andy Whing came off with groin injuries, while http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/search/?search=' james+constable"+united&topic_id="5256"" target="_blank">James Constable (foot) and Dave Kitson (knee) also picked up knocks. Both are doubts for the trip to Tyneside, where £90,000 is at stake in prize-money and television revenue. The options are further limited with Asa Hall, on loan from Shrewsbury, ineligible to play. So several youngsters will be promoted into the squad.>>> I'd rather play on the Under 2.5 goals on the Plymouth v Lincoln game. Plymouth are only averaging 0.6 goals a game this season and have only scored 4 at home in 8 games. The first game was goalless and this could also be low scoring. Lincoln don't score many themselves and I'm prepared to take the 4-1 defeat at FGR as a new manager inspired blip. 1.67-1.68 available on the exchanges.