UEFA Europa League > Thursday October 3rd

Aidymac

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday October 3rd

PSV tight in defence! Blimey, not heard that one before..:lol Going for Maribor +1.0AH at 1.85 with bet365, don't really know much about Maribor, they have been the strongest team in Slovenia for a number of years and despite how this has been priced up I see a two goal victory for Wigan as unlikely. Maribor sacked their coach after the weekends loss but are still top of the league. Wigan are an average side who had an exceptional manager in Martinez, Coyle isn't some sort of lower league Guardiola I doubt if their 'against the odds' story will continue for much longer, after Whelan goes they will be back down with Gillingham as they can't sustain the level they have with such low crowds..key players out tonight also - Defenders Gary Caldwell and Ivan Ramis, goalkeeper Ali Al Habsi, midfielder Shaun Maloney and strikers Grant Holt and Marc-Antoine Fortune are injured, full-back Stephen Crainey has a neck problem. Wigan have been in poor form in the Championship I really don't see them beating the handicap against a motivated side with a new manager - probably a draw for me. Maribor +1.0AH - 1.85 - bet365 - 5 Points
Strange...They have conceded average of 1.9 goals in their visits this season and a few more goals in their home games.We saw that their approach in the Europe league is more or less different from their motivation about the domestic league.It's true that Chernomorec won't attack like Ludogorec did in Netherlands but they seem capable of scoring 1 goal given PSV shaky defence,motivation,form and etc. Edit:My mistake.This quote is about the Duke1 comment,not yours

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday October 3rd Maribor changed their coach this week and this will be positive for Slovenian side. I do believe they can give hard time at home to any team in Europa League, but just can't see them winning away games yet. PS: They are the strongest team in Slovenia, but still they don't have much competition around here. Like Dinamo Zagreb in Croatia.

Sevilla has lost at least a single goal in 8 of their last 10 home matches. Freiburg coming out from blow-out in Dortmund' date=' where they played the second half with only 10 players. They will come there angry, that's for sure. They are scoring very often in away matches and I highly like the odd (1.90 atm) for both teams to score a goal. It's definitely worth the risk. What you think guys?[/quote'] Had a look at this one myself but the Freiburg coach has said he will be rotating heavily as the players are 'fatigued', their form in Bundesliga has been shocking as well and I think sorting that out is his main priority listening to his press conference. Sevilla pretty skinny though, no bet for me.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday October 3rd Lyon - Guimaraes Both low scoring teams in their respective leagues. Guimaraes have scored 2 goals (1 at home, 1 away) in the last 4 league games (2 games against Porto and Benfica though). Convincing EL win against a side (Rijeka) that honestly has been very lucky to face a terrible Stuttgart team in the qualification. Also apart from Dinamo Zagreb Croatian League is terrible. Lyon's glory days are over and their last league game at their own ground endet scoreless against Lille. In Europa League they also started with a scoreless draw at Real Betis. Under 2.5 @ 1.8 bwin

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday October 3rd Anzhi Makhachkala - Tottenham Hotspur I know that AVB will field a different lineup tonight, but even that lineup, whoever takes place in it, should have no problem dealing with disastrous Anzhi. Home side can't do anything right. They haven't recorded a victory since 20th May of this year. They have old couple of players but they didn't bring any others to take their place. Traore Maksimov and Epureanu are injured and they have tough match in the weekend against Rubin away from home. Morale of the Anzhi players must be very very low and I can't see how they can oppose the Spurs tonight. Tottenham is finally looking like a strong solid squad, second in Premier League, with nice score 4-1-1 is doing really nice job up so far. They are finding the required chemistry and AVB will try to mix squad a bit tonight so I think comfortable victory should not be a problem for his team. Tottenham -1AH @ 1.7

I go straight Valencia to win! @ 2.43 They cant make any mistakes if they want to advance from group stages. Its pretty much do or die game like steu vs chelsea.
Thing is the Spaniards don't care much about Europa League. There is "no" money in it. Same goes for Italians.

Hmm..i remain sceptical about how so called "Big teams" take Europe League.For example PSV were awful against Ludogorez side but just 2 days after they bounced back and destroyed Ajax.I know for sure that if AZ is a worse side than PSV is and if they don't take Europe League seriously they don't worth the risk.It will be interesting to see how CHernomorec will play at home against PSV and how PSV will react after the shocking lose at home...
AZ takes EL very seriously for sure.

Trabzonspor v Lazio Only thing that is bugging me is that Trab are away to Ferna in a top of the league clash at the weekend. Any Turks with advice?
Hey, not something terribly important but I've been seeing this in your posts since last season: there's no such a thing as "Ferna". The name of the club is Fenerbahçe and the nickname-of-sorts is "Fener" (means lighthouse in Turkish, if you're wondering :p)

Thing is the Spaniards don't care much about Europa League. There is "no" money in it. Same goes for Italians.
Possibly right about the Italian teams, but the Spaniards have always been playing with almost full teams and in most seasons this competition exists - a strong force in this Cup, namely Sevilla, Villareal, Atletico Madrid... How bothered is Valencia this season about the competition is yet to be seen, my bet in the game in Kuban is Both to score...

4pts Tottenham (-1AH) to beat Anzhi 1.83 Ladbrokes In days gone by this could be a tough assignment for Spurs but as long as they are professional about their stance on the match then this should be a comfortable night for them. Even if they rest one or two they should still have far too much for the Russian side who are depleted from years gone by. A win for Spurs gives them a strong position in the group and I think they’ll get that with a bit in hand. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/anzhi-vs-tottenham-betting-spurs-capable-of-comfortable-win-in-russia 4pts Swansea (-1) to beat St Gallen 5/4 Skybet I think Swansea will be too good in this match. It is hard not to have been impressed with the way they schooled Valencia in the last set of matches and while the doubters can say Valencia aren’t the side they were, the Mestalla is still an intimidating place to go with its size. Back on home soil I think Swansea can continue to flourish and I would expect a very comfortable night for Michael Laudrup’s men here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/swansea-vs-st-gallen-betting-swansea-can-pick-up-another-comfortable-group-win- 4pts Wigan (-1AH) to beat Maribor 2.05 BetVictor Wigan will be well supported in this match and even though they have some injuries they still have enough about them to pick up a win here. Maribor are unlikely to arrive in the North-west with much confidence after a drubbing last time out in this competition so I do like the look of the FA Cup winners here. I think they have enough to cover a handicap in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wigan-vs-maribor-betting-wigan-can-claim-a-first-european-win-against-the-slovenians
A confident stand on the three English teams by you ...

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday October 3rd I'm supporter of PSV and i see every match of them ofcourse. But here some statistics from my club! Last away match that they held the 0 was in August 2012 against a poor Dutch team!!! And PSV also scores almost every match, in last 30 matches only once without a goal!

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday October 3rd Anzhi v Tottenham 17.00 ko Latest odds; Anzhi 8.8 Tottenham 1.53 There is a likely class gap here, even with Spurs fielding second-choice players. There could certainly be value backing Spurs on the handicap, but I prefer to do this in-play, possibly if Spurs are leading, as the game could then open up allowing Spurs space to increase their lead. I also think there could be value backing a Spurs clean sheet, preferring the Both to Score NO option at 1.8 on Betfair. Spurs have been keeping clean sheets in Europe and Anzhi are struggling to score goals so this looks reasonable value to me.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday October 3rd strong spurs line-up wih soldado on the bench. LINE-UPS - Anzhi Makhachkala v Tottenham (1700 BST) Anzhi Makhachkala: Pomazan, Angbwa, Tagirbekov, Adeleye, Ewerton, Jucilel, Ahmedov, Razak, Solomatin, Serderov, Abdulavov. Subs: Kerzhakov, Eschenko, Grigalava, Demidov, Gadzhibekov, Gatagov, Traore. Tottenham Hotspur: Lloris, Walker, Chiriches, Kaboul, Fryers, Dembele, Sandro, Lamela, Holtby, Chadli, Defoe. Subs: Friedel, Dawson, Naughton, Eriksen, Sigurdsson, Kane, Soldado.

I thought given Az Alkmaar's brilliant league form that $2.05 at home against Paok was a steal but unbelieveably they have sacked their manager yesterday after a 2-1 win over Psv on the weekend so ill probably think on it a little more.
It's not really that unbelievable. In the league we don't have the great form that you're mentioning, also the display has been awful despite some good results. Last weekend they won over PSV and played a good match, but most of the players already knew the manager was going to be sacked. I wouldn't bet on this game because it's hard to predict how the team is going to respond. Also the team is gonna be slightly different than last saturdays team Markus Henriksen (CM) and Donny Gorter (LB) will be out and will replaced by Viktor Elm and Haps/Wuytens. Especially the loss of Henriksen is a pitty. I can't tell anything about the strenght of PAOK so I'll leave this game for what it is.

Hmm..i remain sceptical about how so called "Big teams" take Europe League.For example PSV were awful against Ludogorez side but just 2 days after they bounced back and destroyed Ajax.I know for sure that if AZ is a worse side than PSV is and if they don't take Europe League seriously they don't worth the risk.It will be interesting to see how CHernomorec will play at home against PSV and how PSV will react after the shocking lose at home...
PSV played really poor against Ludogorets, but wasn't as good against Ajax as the score displayed. Ajax was better, but after a unfortunate first goal (mistake by the goalie) the whole team colapsed and PSV took full advantage. During this weekend I saw PSV perform and they were really poor again. They created 1 chance in 90 minutes of football. My team completely dominated this match, but just like PAOK, I don't know anything about Odessa's strenght.

I go straight Valencia to win! @ 2.43 They cant make any mistakes if they want to advance from group stages. Its pretty much do or die game like steu vs chelsea.
6 Players from First Eleven did not Travel to Russia. Euro League are not important for Valencia. Tought Match at the Weekend in Bilbao. Focus here on this Match. Kuban not good in Form. For me maybe Draw.
Legia at home vs Apollon Limassol. Legia has been in very good form for last 5 games (4 0 1) while Apollon Limassol (3 0 2) but Cyprus team has lost 6 last away matches with score 1 : 24. I would recommend Legia win with 1,5 @ bet365 8/10 or Over 2.5 with 2.05 @ bet 365
Be Carfull. Legia are plying without Fans by UEFA Desicisson . So big Blow in my Eyes for Legia. Okay they will win this, but not to this Odds. Also some injuries in Attacking Line for Legia.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday October 3rd Bordeaux-Tel Aviv Bordeaux not good in Form and take not seriously that Euro League. See it in Last Game against Frankfurt and tonight they will be playing again with an Mixed-Team. Tel Aviv on the other side very good in Form and take up in Front in there Home League with 4 Wins in 4 Games and 9-0 Scoring. Think they are motivating enough and i see good Chances that they can win it tonight. Bordeaux also at the Weekend very important Game against Souchaux at Home, which mean it will be a hard Game and if Bordeaux loose this they can stand on Relegation Place. Tel Aviv @ 2.90 4/10 Interwetten

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday October 3rd Sevilla - Freiburg 1 -1.5 @2.17 Pinnacle Stake:5/10 Freiburg is a new face on european cups and they are feeling the excitement of it. However they are currently struggling on Bundesliga and uefa cup games let team to exhaustion. Therefore manager streich made some rotation and change all his attacking positions. Team is looking for Bundesliga and uefa cup games are not important as Bundesliga nowadays. they are expecting to grab a point here at Sevilla. But their job is difficult. Home team is clear fav. for sure. Marko Marin and Trochowski will be against a German team and this will give them another confidence imo. I think Sevilla can upset German side today.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday October 3rd I've had a look through today's fixtures to see if I can find any 'team value'. I prefer to back teams rather than goals or other markets if possible. I normally feel more confident doing so, and concentrating on teams helps keep things a bit simpler. It's noticeable that long odds are harder to find this round than last round. I think it's sometimes worth sticking your neck out and backing a team early in a competition before their odds drop. Three teams that I think might be some sort of value are: Estoril (4.7) at Liberec Ch Odessa (3.5) at home to PSV Esbjerg (4.52) at home to Salzburg Estoril have a lot of Brazilians in their side and are going well in the Portuguese league and won both earlier Europa League games, albeit against lower class opposition. Liberec are strong at home. Ch Odessa are 4th in the Ukrainian league and PSV second in the Dutch league. Ukraine (36) are ranked just below Holland (40) in the UEFA rankings for club teams. Odessa have a very good home record and PSV can be poor away. Esbjerg are second in Denmark, and Salzburg top in Austria. Denmark are 19 and Austria 26 in the UEFA rankings. I have seen both sides recently and Salzburg seem to have the more impressive team and can be very effective in attack. They won their first Europa League game 4-0 at home to Elfsborg, and on Saturday they thrashed Wiener Neustadt 8-1 at home. But they can be poor away in Europe. Last year they lost in Luxembourg to minnows Dudelange in the Champions League. Esbjerg knocked out St Etienne in the qualifiers and surprisingly won at Standard Liege in the first group game. If they raise their game and Salzburg under-perform, they could get the better of the Austrian side at home. Overall, I think the odds on these three teams are high enough to take, although I won't be backing them heavily before kick off, preferring to follow the in-play action with a view to further backing if they appear to be doing well in their matches.

Esbjerg are second in Denmark, and Salzburg top in Austria. Denmark are 19 and Austria 26 in the UEFA rankings. I have seen both sides recently and Salzburg seem to have the more impressive team and can be very effective in attack. They won their first Europa League game 4-0 at home to Elfsborg, and on Saturday they thrashed Wiener Neustadt 8-1 at home. But they can be poor away in Europe. Last year they lost in Luxembourg to minnows Dudelange in the Champions League. Esbjerg knocked out St Etienne in the qualifiers and surprisingly won at Standard Liege in the first group game. If they raise their game and Salzburg under-perform, they could get the better of the Austrian side at home.
Salzburg are basically a billionaire playtoy and used to buy a new team every year. This year however they kept all important players and that was a good decision.

Well this is the best chance to play against top forign teams for them. 3 CL spots are reserved for Real, Barca & Atl Madrid.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday October 3rd Betis dominates at everything: 67 possesion vs 33% 8 ga vs 3 shots on goal 6 vs 2 free kicks 18 vs 10 corners 6 vs 2 Halftime score 1:1 Should be quite safe bet. Betis to win @1.82 at the moment?

Anzhi v Tottenham 17.00 ko Latest odds; Anzhi 8.8 Tottenham 1.53 There is a likely class gap here, even with Spurs fielding second-choice players. There could certainly be value backing Spurs on the handicap, but I prefer to do this in-play, possibly if Spurs are leading, as the game could then open up allowing Spurs space to increase their lead. I also think there could be value backing a Spurs clean sheet, preferring the Both to Score NO option at 1.8 on Betfair. Spurs have been keeping clean sheets in Europe and Anzhi are struggling to score goals so this looks reasonable value to me.
Result: Anzhi 0 Spurs 2 BTS NO bet won :ok The BBC report suggested it was pretty comfortable for Spurs

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday October 3rd Swansea - St. Gallen Swansea XI for today: [h=5]Tremmel, Tiendalli, Chico Flores, Amat, Davies, Britton ©, de Guzman, Michu, Routledge, Pozuelo. Bony[/h]Sounds good and i take normal Win here and the Handicap. St. Gallen good in Form but Swansea at Home for me one Number too big with his style to play football. Maybe it´s too fast for St. Gallen. Swansea @ 1.62 7/10 bet365 Swansea -1.5 @ 2.88 2/10 Pinn

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday October 3rd Just had a check of the line up from the Standard Liege team and it looks like its a near full strength team with their front pairing of Batshuayi and Ezekiel recalled. Both these players have been on fine form domestically where Standard have won 9 league matches in a row. Elfsborg are not on great form (just sacked manager according to a previous post) and lost 4-0 to Salzburg in opening match. Standard really need a result here so I am going to back them. Standard to win 19/20

Sevilla - Freiburg 1 -1.5 @2.17 Pinnacle Stake:5/10 Freiburg is a new face on european cups and they are feeling the excitement of it. However they are currently struggling on Bundesliga and uefa cup games let team to exhaustion. Therefore manager streich made some rotation and change all his attacking positions. Team is looking for Bundesliga and uefa cup games are not important as Bundesliga nowadays. they are expecting to grab a point here at Sevilla. But their job is difficult. Home team is clear fav. for sure. Marko Marin and Trochowski will be against a German team and this will give them another confidence imo. I think Sevilla can upset German side today.
FT 2-0 Bet Won.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday October 3rd Apoel - Frankfurt 2 -0.5 @1.87 Pinnacle Frankfurt is coming to Cyprus in an average mood. They were struggling at home games but did good job at away games. Last weekend they get a draw against another struggling side Hamburg. Team would like to bounce back and try to put a good performance tonight. There's no rotation for today's game. Apoel team is strong at home and away games at cyprus can be tricky. Frankfurt can grab a win tonight.