** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD Sat 7th sept

corky

Re: BBOTD Sat 7th sept 1440 haydock 1pt win montiridge 11/8 bet 365 this colt has been good to me this year,and i have no intention of deserting now,8 runs, 5 wins and 3 places and i would expect him to defy a penalty and a 3 timer, and a 4th win this season, finished ahead of a couple of todays runners and i will be dissapointed if he cannot confirm the placings

Re: BBOTD Sat 7th sept 1.55 Ascot - Hasopop 1pt win @ 20/1 StanJames Oway god give us a birthday winner. Think this horse may possibly be best over 6f but has often ran as though a step up to 7f would suit. He handles any ground and I feel there could be more to come from this talented horse. I like the trainer and jockey and wouldn't be surprised if this horse went well.

Re: BBOTD Sat 7th sept 5.50 KEMPTON~0.5 E/W AXIOM 14/1 PP~Back on the AW this 9yo should go very close off this mark and in this grade 14's looks very big to me and i would have thought would go off much shorter Jamie Spencer is booked to do the steering i think Axiom will go very close today.

Re: BBOTD Sat 7th sept 350 Haydock: Slade Power EW 9/1 bet365 Off to Burghley tomorrow so need to post this up early. No idea how much rain Haydock will get if any overnight but either way Slade Power should be able to go close in this company which i think is a little weaker overall than the Nunthorpe in which he ran in last week at York. Sat down in the stalls and lost all chance that day but earlier form puts him right up there with the best sprinters around this season. His third in the July Cup gives him 2 lengths to find with the fav but shouldnt be three times the price.

Re: BBOTD Sat 7th sept 5.10 ASCOT PORT ALFRED @ 10/1 BET365 BOG .5ew From a stable who are bang in form and owners who traditionally do well at this time of the year. Lightly raced 3yo who could benefit from the likely strong pace in this large field. Drawn in a position that gives him options and gets weight for age allowance. This stiff 5f should suit and I expect a big run.

Re: BBOTD Sat 7th sept 5.10 Ascot: Rylee Mooch, 14/1 >Bet365, e/w Rylee Mooch hasn't won since November last year but he has been in his best form recently since then and he could be winning sooner rather then later. Three runs ago he finished a ¼L third in a similar handicap at Ripon. He followed that up with a ½L second at Ayr. He ran off today's mark lto when he was a 1L fourth at Newmarket. With a good five pound claimer back on board today he should go close. The ground and trip will suit. Trainer Richard Guest is in decent form and Philip Prince is in the saddle.

5.50 Kempton - Alnoomaas 1pt win 14/1 betvictor Isn't the most consistent but on penultimate start was only btn a head over CD off only 2lb lower than todays mark of 76. Mostly campaigned at 5-6F and only ran 3 times over 7F , finishing 9-6-2 , 2nd was mentioned above. Barzalona takes the ride on this horse for first time and hasn't ridden for Luke dace before but does ride the track well so hopefull. Trip could be the main concern but unless they want the mark down they must expect it to better penultimate effort. Only a couple of horses have won in this class so can't see that being an issue either Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Re: BBOTD Sat 7th sept 5.00 HAY Chief Barker 13/8 (StanJames #BOG) Still 13/8 so I have to take it because I really like this 2yo colt out of Hannon stable. Won both starts over a mile trip so far, even lto when he was trapped on the far rail and was forced to switch outside very wide, finishing strongly. Pedigree suggests he will enjoy the soft side of good and the colt is expected to improve again under Hannon lead as he was described as 'a raw prospect' by his jockey Hughesie. Trainer targeted this race in the past, winning last year and back in 2009 with two favs, and he really relies on this horse which probably will be entered in some big contest next year. Not much to add if not the good stable form and the top class ride the horse will get under Hughes.

Re: BBOTD Sat 7th sept Kempton 5.50 - Order of Service (1pts win 6/1 William Hill) The horse is looking to maintain an unbeaten record on the All Weather and returning to this sphere should give him a big chance. He dissapointed on turf lto at Carlisle but his last two runs have resulted in victories his latest win being particularly impressive in style here in mid June. Has a decent draw and should again be a big threat at Kempers.

Re: BBOTD Sat 7th sept 3.50pm @ Haydock 'Letahl Force' 7/2 (Ladbrokes) Star sprinter of the year and I don't think they'll see which way he went come 4pm today. Form of this years performances is very strong and seems to me to be better than everything else in the race. Won some quality sprints and last time almost beat a horse that followed up in some style in a quality contest. Draw doesn't put me off as with his bounce out speed can go wherever it wants. Good looking race but this wins for me. 1 point win

Re: BBOTD Sat 7th sept Sat 7th Sep 2013 2.00 Thirsk (12 runners) LULU THE ZULU looks to have an excellent chance to make it 2/2. Did well in 3 maidens at Doncaster (all of which have worked out reasonably well) and then won LTO in a Cl3 handicap on GS at Nottingham. That wasn't arguably wasn't as strong as this one, but there is probably more to come from the 5yo. LULU THE ZULU 1pt WIN @ 7/2 (BOG William Hill)

Re: BBOTD Sat 7th sept 14.05 Haydock - Rocky Ground - EW @ 9\1 SJ BOG Trainer Roger Varian is in good form with 4 winners from last 5 runners and has a good strike rate at this track 29%. Rocky Ground a 3yo has run just 4 times winning on racecourse debut over 6flast year. Just the one run this year when 8th over 6f. Lots of question marks as first attempt at 5f and on ground worse than good. However Ryan Moore is booked so big positive. Backing due to trainer record at track, trainers recent form and the booking of Ryan Moore!

Re: BBOTD Sat 7th sept Haydock 350 - Lethal Force 7/2 Betfred BOG I dont really like go for the 'obvious' horse as I feel I am being suckered in by the bookies but despite the ground (which jockeys and trainers are saying is much better than expected atm) I think Lethal Force is too good for the rest of the field. My top 4 break down as follows: Lethal Force 120+ Gordon Lord Byron 117 Slade Power 116 Heeraat 115 Lethal Force will hold GLB on this ground as he did on their last run over in France despite Kirby saying Lethal Force ran a little flat. Slade Power is as good on the ground as LF is so I think he has him covered (SP's trainer said he wasnt in love with it after win at Fairyhouse). Heeraat is interesting at the prices and he has shown some of his best form on GS ground and at 6f. The draw may be a slight concern for Lethal Force but he is pretty versatile so hopefully that wont do him any harm either.

Re: BBOTD Sat 7th sept 17.20 Kempton: The Tichborne @ 11/1 Coral The Tichborne looks a very price considering his excellent recent form but in particular his excellent recent run here at Kempton. Over 6f, which might be a bit too short actually - I feel 7f is probably his best trip - he travelled nicely on the inside rail, which was kind of fatal, though, as he was locked there once turning for home, and had to wait until a gap opened, which happened just under 2f out, when he angled out. Once in the clear and straighten up again, he really powered home and almost caught the leading trio, while he was the only one really staying on from behind as three of the first four have been running prominently. I rate this a very big performance and he clearly thrives on the All-Weather. The fact that he won once off a mark of 83 on the AW suggests that he a mark of 78 is certainly not beyond him and this last performance backs this in my mind.

Re: BBOTD Sat 7th sept 7.25 Leopardstown Agreement 13/2 Coral BOG Agreement was touted as a Leger horse before he won at Galway. The ground was all wrong that day but the further they went the better he was. Now on fast ground over 14f he gets the chance to show if the talk was true because a Leger horse carrying 9-2 in a handicap against hurdlers and handicappers ought to win easily. 0.5 points e/w for nap purposes Agreement 13/2 Coral BOG

Re: BBOTD Sat 7th sept 7.35 Wolverhampton Typical staying handicap on the AW, usual few that have shown nothing and plenty of the others with something to prove. Royal Alcor is an obvious favourite but doesn’t offer much value and infact looks far too short in my opinion. He scored extremely well at Southwell last time out that race perhaps not worth much. He has won on the polytrack but a 10lb rise leaves him needing a lot more to be a career best effort. Divea has been well backed but shown little a further step up in trip may bring about a bit more but does need to. Giantstepsahead comes from a yard you need to watch the market on with these lightly raced sorts but so far has been well beaten. Waahej was 2nd behind Weybridge Light 3 starts ago but has failed to back that up in 2 latest efforts, now 7lb below last winning mark and Laura Pike back in the saddle. Corn Maiden may just be high enough in the weights at present. Smirfys Silver caused an upset out of knowhere over CD in March but has shown nothing since. I feel Weybridge Light offers a bit of value against the favourite, he has often looked a better horse on the AW and travelled extremely well when last tried on this surface winning well. Not disgraced back on turf and a good effort over hurdles latest, 7lb higher for that latest win but still 9lb below highest mark so would be no surprise to see him go extremely well again. 1pt win Weybridge Light 6/1 VC

Re: BBOTD Sat 7th sept Riverboat Springs 5.00pm Haydock I backed this one recently at Ripon and it caught the eye and went immediately in the notebook. He has had 4 races and has finished in the first two in three of them, possibly outclassed in the other at group 2 level. He was unbalanced at Epsom but then found a stride and finished really well to grab 2nd, a similar run to Libertarian in the Derby. He was held up and outpaced at Ascot and then ran at Ripon last time out. He looked well in the parade ring and looked fine when going to post. He ran over 6f there and I noted that he was completely outpaced before staying on strongly in the last furlong. I noted that he looks to need further and to keep an eye out for entries over 7f and 1m. He steps up to 1m today and that could see plenty of improvement and Mick Channon has booked Ryan Moore for the ride. He has won on good to soft and ran well on good ground and can be backed with confidence over this trip. 1pt WIN – Riverboat Springs 5-1 Bet365

Re: BBOTD Sat 7th sept 1.55 Ascot - 1pt win Don't Call Me @ 12/1 (Bet365) Won this race last year and is a consistent type who has been running well of late off high marks. Goes well on this track - 13312646 being his figures here and that's impressive considering he's contested some competitive handicaps against a lot of rivals. Although on a stiff mark perhaps, David Nicholls gives Kevin Stott the ride - who takes 7lbs off and that should see him go almighty close I reckon.

Re: BBOTD Sat 7th sept

Haydock 350 - Lethal Force 7/2 Betfred BOG I dont really like go for the 'obvious' horse as I feel I am being suckered in by the bookies but despite the ground (which jockeys and trainers are saying is much better than expected atm) I think Lethal Force is too good for the rest of the field. My top 4 break down as follows: Lethal Force 120+ Gordon Lord Byron 117 Slade Power 116 Heeraat 115 Lethal Force will hold GLB on this ground as he did on their last run over in France despite Kirby saying Lethal Force ran a little flat. Slade Power is as good on the ground as LF is so I think he has him covered (SP's trainer said he wasnt in love with it after win at Fairyhouse). Heeraat is interesting at the prices and he has shown some of his best form on GS ground and at 6f. The draw may be a slight concern for Lethal Force but he is pretty versatile so hopefully that wont do him any harm either.
I knew the bookies were mugging me off! :spank

Re: BBOTD Sat 7th sept Hayd 5.00 - Chief barker - win at 11/8 bog bet365 Unbeaten Hannon-Hughes colt in a race that the stable have won twice in the four years it's been run - their previous winners went on to win at group 2 and group 1 level so they send a good one here The colt won his maiden and a nursery.........showing plenty of stamina and gets this mile trip really well