** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD Sat 3rd august

Re: BBOTD Sat 3rd august

3.50 Goodwood - Rex Imperator 1pt win @ 16/1 Bet365 Ever since this horse won at Windsor last year, I have kept an eye on him and backed him several times only to be let down. This year he seems to have got his act together and he should go well in this. He finished a good 2nd behind the progressive Diescentric at Doncaster before finishing 6th in the Wokingham at Royal Ascot. His last run came at Windsor where he finished another good 2nd behind the progressive Tropics and although that one is in opposition for this, Rex is much better off at the weights. Rex enjoys a 9lb pull with Tropics for this race, which should see him get much closer to him or even get past him. William Haggas is in great form at the moment and Neil Callan is a jockey I have plenty of time for. Given this horse gets a clear run through, he should go very well.

Re: BBOTD Sat 3rd august 1455 newmarket 1pt win j wonder 2/1 bet365 won on debut last time out and she looked that she knew what was expected,and if can show improvement then she must be in with a chance,the stable have her in some better races later in august(2 races) a fillies group 2 and a group 1 over a mile they also have her entered in a grroup 1 in september,a fillies group 1, with this in mind i hope she can win tomorrow

Re: BBOTD Sat 3rd august G3.50 Pabusar e/w 40/1 Stan James When it comes to laying a horse out for a particular race, I wouldn't put anything past Jamie Osborne and I'm going to take a chance on this lively outsider back at the c&d of its only win to date. That win was a fair old while ago, but the horse has been racing off mainly 5 furlongs since and I think off the current mark, a big run at a big price isn't beyond the realms of possibility. Clearly it will need to step up on recent efforts, but at least it has a c&d win in the bag so it's now or never I would suspect.

Re: BBOTD Sat 3rd august Doncaster 4.10 - Lahaag 7/2 Paddy Power BOG I simply think this horse will turn out to be way too good for the rest of this field based on his two impressive performances in strong handicaps so far this season. At York he was narrowly denied by the gambled on First Mohican and the pair of them pulled a long way clear of the remainder. He then ran 5th behind Opinion at Royal Ascot, despite not looking like he really stayed the trip on ground that may even be faster than he cares for. It didnt help that he got checked at one point in his run too. Doncaster should suit his running style and the ground and trip look spot on.

Re: BBOTD Sat 3rd august Goodwood 3:15 - Markel Insurance Nassau Stakes (Group 1) Sky Lantern should be well up to winning this contest as she has been in cracking form in Group 1 company all season. She was desperately unlucky last time out where I felt she was robbed against Elusive Kate after being severely hampered. The form of the Hughes / Hannon combo this week has been incredible and he should be able to cap off the week with this superb success. Winsili looks a very big price as she should be much more suited to this trip for a powerful yard, and she is unexposed. At the prices, Winsili at 18/1 is massive value. Winsili - Goodwood 3:15 - WIN @ 18/1 VC

Re: BBOTD Sat 3rd august Sat 3rd Aug 2013 2.30 Thirsk (15 runners) Would have ideally liked one from a high draw, but ENDERBY SPIRIT, drawn 4, did well enough after break of 18 months LTO, finishing 3L 5th of 12 at Doncaster. Is eased in grade, drops another 2lbs and claimer takes another 5lb off to make him an attractive betting proposition off a mark of effectively 10lb and 18lb lower than his two handicap wins. He's not getting any younger but this shouldn't take a massive amount of winning. ENDERBY SPIRIT 0.5pt E/W @ 12/1 (BOG BetVictor)

Re: BBOTD Sat 3rd august Doncaster 4.10 Lahaag I backed this one for the Lincoln where he was rather disappointng & well down the field. He then ran a blinder at York when I was there & looked like he might win:eyes till he got collared close home by the useful First Mohican with 5l's back to the third. He than ran OK in the Duke of Edinburgh & probably found that a bit too far at 12f's. Back down to 10f's here & down in class too he has Awake My Soul who's up again for a 4th in the John Smith's Cup & Winterlude who won an egg & spoon race at Wolverhampton to beat. I've rather missed the price but 3/1 is still fair enough. Bet. Lahaag 1pt win @ 3/1 Bet365 BOG. Rio.

Re: BBOTD Sat 3rd august 540 Newton Abbot: The Mad Robertson (7/2 WH) Saw this horse run at Huntingdon on his first outing over fences, i thought he jumped pretty well and was beaten by a fair animal for the grade. Next time he was backed down to 6/4 and again edged out, this time by one of Bowens horses when they were flying. I think this is the right opportunity to get off the mark, the bigger field will suit and allow him to settle and the ground will be just a shade easier than last time. On a mark of 114 he should be good enough and expect him to be in the 120's before too long.

Re: BBOTD Sat 3rd august 515 West Leake Diman An unconventional selection here, but I feel 50/1 is just too big for Charles Hills runner. He has only run 3 times at Newmarket, and once on the July course when he was a 2 year old. In those 3 runs, however, he emerged victorious as a 2 year old on the July course, then ran a decent 7th when a 66/1 no hoper. His last appearance, back in April 2012 saw him peter out a little over an unsuitable 7f in a listed event. He was rated 107 that day but recent form has seen him drop down to a mark of 90. On the raw figures, he's done nothing of late, but I'm hopeful that a return to Newmarket in a weaker race than he's contested for a long time could allow us to see a little of the old West Leake Diman. EW @ 50/1 Bet 365

Re: BBOTD Sat 3rd august 3.15 Goodwood - 1pt win Hot Snap @ 7/1 (Bet365) Lady Cecil's runner stormed into the notebooks of many when running away with the Nell Gwyn on her second start. Although she may have been flattered that day, she still beat the subsequent 1000 Guineas winner (reopposes here) and other smart types including Winning Express. She came home really well and was forging further clear at the finish, showing her potential stamina for further (went quick up front). That run, expectedly made her favourite for the Newmarket classic but she couldn't justify her market position, coming home in 9th. Wasn't beaten all that far though (less than 6l) and the experience might have just come too soon and on ground lively enough for her. The bits of rain we've had this week should suit and she's been freshened up since. The way she won the Nell Gwyn on her first run of the season bodes well for returning from a break this afternoon and is worth another chance upped in trip which shouldn't be an issue - whereas you'd have to have some sort of concern regarding Sky Lantern over the extra yardage.

Re: BBOTD Sat 3rd august 3.10 Galway Pintura 7/1 Boylesports BOG Pintura won this last year carrying a pound less. He has a good draw and as we know handles the track and ran well on Tuesday in the big mile handicap. Although never in contention he ran on to finish 5th. Others are respected most notably Stuccador but he has been off the track since completing his hattrick in May. Pintura 0.5 Points e/w for nap purposes 7/1 Boylesports BOG

Re: BBOTD Sat 3rd august 15.15 Goodwood: Sajjhaa @ 11/1 VC Sajjhaa looks really overpriced in my eyes and she posses an excellent chance to go really close I feel. She's a multiple Group 1 winner, with her biggest success the win in the Dubai Duty Free earlier this year. She was really impressive in Dubai on a couple of occasions and while she couldn't quite transfer this form to Hong Kong in April in the QEII she was far from disgraced there. It's worthy to watch that race as she clearly didn't have too much going for her that day. She missed the break, was pushed forward early on, settled then without much cover on the outside of the field, made a big move from around 700m out to get closer to the pace and was caught wide turning for home as a result, turning five, six wide. She found her stride once straighten up but had to pay the price for everything that happened before to her as she flattened in the final furlong, yet she finished a decent 4th. Clearly she is a very talented mare and I think if she gets a clear run here today she'll win. Favourite Sky Lantern has to prove that she stays the trip and is way to short in the betting in my mind, while I can't get really warm with most of the other runners, even though I expect Just The Judge the biggest danger actually. Aiden O'Brien's Just Pretending is also an interesting runner. But back to Sajjhaa, who had a little break since her run in Hong Kong, what shouldn't be a problem, and might be even a positive thing as she's done usually well coming off a break, like this year when she won a Group 2 at Meydan, or last year when she finished runners-up in the G2 Middleton Stakes after being ten month off. Slight worry is De Sousa in the saddle, because he isn't really successful at Goodwood, which can be a difficult track to ride. But that aside I can't see too much that speaks against her in this race and I expect her to go really close.

Re: BBOTD Sat 3rd august 8.30 Lingfield Typical AW handicap to finish on usual regular faces and several which can be used to gamble so slightly wary. Addikt is the classic been a non runner more times that he has run in the last year. Landed a big gamble over this trip at Kempton and off this mark in April last year, worth noting all AW wins have come at Kempton. Precision Five appears to be improving with racing at the moment and won over CD in good style a 4lb rise is more than fair if continuing his improvement and well drawn again although price is more than short enough now. Emerald Glade has been in good form over hurdles recently winning twice. Returns to the flat for first time since 2011 and returns on his last winning mark. Only tried AW once and was an abysmal effort so needs to prove that. Delightful Sleep looks in the grip of the handicapper for the time being. Same might also be said for Young Jackie now. Hawaiian Freeze caused a huge upset in a muddling race at Bath, quickly back in his shell and easy to wipe over with cheekpieces tried again (showed nothing in them previously). Cane Cat is a frustrating sort who’s run style can get him in trouble regularly and has been subject to some interesting rides recently but cant be totally ruled out back on the AW off this sort of mark although all form comes at Kempton. Norwegian Reward made a mockery of his basement mark in the winter on the AW before appearing to go off the boil. Had a break recently and may have needed first run back and looked a different prospect last time out back on the AW at Wolverhampton when ridden very patiently after a slow start and stayed on without getting involved quite eye catchingly into 5th place. That race is working out quite well for the grade with the 2nd winning since and 6thhose finishing 2nd and 7th horse winning since. He is back to just 1lb above his last winning mark and given a cleaner break he has to go very close. 1pt win Norwegian Reward 11/2 Betfred

Re: BBOTD Sat 3rd august Good 3.15 - Sky Lantern - win at 2/1 bog bet365 Looks the best of the 3yo fillies, Guineas and Coronation Stakes winner. Mighty impressive at Ascot with a blistering turn of foot to put the race to bed. Lost nothing in defeat to Elusive Kate in the Falmouth, being carried across the track and losing narrowly. Elusive kate is a top class filly and she came out and won a group one in France by the best of 3 lengths a week or so ago Best form in the race, stable and jockey in great form at the meeting Should get the extra two furlongs if she's held up, which is her racing style anyway

Re: BBOTD Sat 3rd august 3.15 Goodwood: Sajjhaa, 11/1 Bet365, win Sajjhaa was very impressive during her spell in Dubai earlier this year. She won all four of her races there, including two group 2s and two group 1s. She has since finished fourth in a group 1 in Hong Kong. Today's ground will suit and the trip is ideal. If Saeed Bin Suroor has her fully wound up she should win this. Silvestre De Sousa is in the saddle.