BBOTD Sunday 28th

2.55 Pontefract - Madrasa 1pt win @ 9/4 Bet365 This horse has been consistent all year and finally got his reward with a good win at Redcar last week. That was an apprentice race so he gets to race off the same mark today but his jockey Jacob Butterfield can claim his 7lbs tomorrow, which makes him very appealing. So really this horse is racing off a 7lb lower mark than when winning last week at Redcar. He does have a drop in trip to contend with but that shouldn't be a problem. The race looks slightly better than the one he won but he should go very close.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 28th Deauville 2.40 - Elusive Kate - win at 3/1 wm hill Elusive Kate is a top filly with a marvellous record in these group one races for fillies and mares, even tho' she usually comes up short against the colts Won this last year and won the group one at Newmarket last time out Should have the beating of the other older horses, s it's a question of whether there's anything amongst the three year olds that might trouble her.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 28th 15.30 Pontefract - Barren Brook - Win @ 5\1 PP BOG Good 2nd last time out at York despite a slow start and runs off just 1lb higher. Won a much better race than this two years ago a class 2 handicap at Doncaster over todays distance off 7lb higher. Needs jockey Graham Lee to get a good start on this gelding and should then be in a position to challenge at the finish.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 28th ASCOT 5.20 JUDGE AND JURY @ 20/1 Laddies BOG .5ew Beaten only 2l in this last year off 105, running off 98 today minus the 3lb of a very useful claimer. Has been competitive for the most part this season and trainer has a good record in this race. Was only beaten just over 2l in a Group 3 in Ireland last time. 2 wins and 2 placed efforts from 10 runs at the track, must have a decent chance at around 20/1.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 28th Joe Packet - Ascot 5:20 - WIN @ 16/1 VC BOG Now 3 pounds lower than when a good 3rd in a decent handicap at Nottingham back in June. He has a good 2nd at Sandown two runs back behind Doctor Parkes and he has won here at Ascot before. Jim Crowley booked and looks a nice price.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 28th Ponty 5.40 Majestic Manannan Plum draw in stall 1 for this front runner & the stiff 5f here will suit, goes on fast but no problem if the rain has eased it a bit. Good win two runs back but did too much in front next time under today's jockey & I'm hoping that Dandy's had a word in his ear & told Mr Mullen not to go hell for leather & to save a bit for the short run in off the bend. Bet. 1pt win @ 11/2 Betvictor BOG. Rio.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 28th

440 Ponte: Colonel Mak 100/30 BetVic Drawn nicely in 4 and the ground has eased giving this one a good chance to get back on track after a poor season so far. Can lead these and with Hanagan in the saddle should last home in this company.
Pulled the 2nd fav out as i was typing, 3/1 best price with PP now so i'll take that.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 28th 3.20 Carlisle Beacon Lodge 5/6 Paddy Power BOG. To me this race evolves around Beaon Lodge who won 2 Group 3s and has been competing well in Class 2 handicaps without winning. It will be disappointing if he cannot take care of this lot dropped to claiming company for the first time. If he runs even to his current level he will win. 1 Point win for nap purposes Beacon Lodge 5/6 Paddy Power BOG.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 28th 3.40 Ascot - 1pt win Can You Conga @ 11/2 (Hills) Kevin Ryan's runner is unexposed with just four career starts to date and has shaped well enough to suggest he's got a race like this in him off a mark of 82. Was green when only beaten a neck by a now 97-rated animal (pair well clear) on debut and although disappointing a bit next time (no obvious excuses, possibly softish ground), has run well the last twice to suggest that was merely a blip. Won his Doncaster maiden two starts back from a subsequent handicap winner off 75 (again pair had the race between them) so it looks to me like 82 is fair. Made his handicap debut at Pontefract last time but was slowly away and that cost him. Had raced prominently in his other races and he could only keep on from the rear into a never dangerous 7th. I'm sure a return to a positive ride will happen today so long as he jumps out well and with Joe Fanning on board, I can see him running a huge race from the front if all goes to plan.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 28th 405 Pontefract - Arsaadi - 13/2 - Hills, Ladbrokes Poor strike rate but ran well in the Hunt Cup and then behind Galacian lto. Galacian franked that form yesterday in winning a valuable hcap and I'm not sure the market has taken that into account. Haggas stable also in rude health. Trade Commissioner just behind in the Hunt Cup and has a winning chance but I'll want a few ticks bigger before getting involved whilst Mont Ras is also one I'll consider if he goes a little bigger - is a course and distance winner and if on a going day, sees his races out well - I fancy he finally won a tad cosy last time out. Of the rest, Gabrial has the ability to win but isn't straightforward enough for the 9/2 on offer and whilst Aesop's Fable has the best past form, you can keep the 3/1 or whatever the Bookmakers chaps are trying to pedal until he shows it for his current stable. The rest seem outclassed to me although there was a flood of money for Fire Ship around midday - no clue who tipped him up - Pricewise Extra perhaps.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 28th 14.40 Deauville: Duntle, 5/1 Betfred, win Duntle showed a great attitude lto to win the Duke of Cambridge Stakes at Royal Ascot. Third that day won a group 2 nto. Today's ground will be ideal and this is his optimum trip. This is in-form trainer David Wachman's only runner of the day. The talented Wayne Lordon travels to France for this one ride.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 28th 1540 ascot 1pt win grand denial 4/1 betvic on a a hatrick after regaining form after 4 placed efforts over turf,wasnt the best of races he has won a maiden then last time out at windsor over todays distance,in form and could get the 3 timer

Re: BBOTD Sunday 28th 17.40 Pontefract Sir Geoffery - 1PT Win 8/1 StanJames Sir Geoffery has had two promising runs on his last two appearances after winning at Yarmouth over 5f, followed up by a close 2nd at Beverley over the same trip when he was beaten a neck by Niceonemyson. He has been raised 4lb since that 2nd but his mark of 58 since looks like a winnable mark considering he has won off a higher mark on 8 other occasions. He has won on ground varying from Good to Firm, Good in places to Soft to Heavy, Good to Soft in places so ground conditions should not be a problem for the horse.