PL Exclusive - Gala Poker July League Added Value Grand Final Weds 7th Aug

Sir Puntalot

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PL Exclusive - Gala Poker July League Added Value - 4th Leg Weds 24th July

I'm not around tomorrow so could someone please make sure the result is posted and I'll update league table in a couple of days. :ok
I went back to do a screenshot, but couldn't find tourney just 15 mins after it had finished!

Re: PL Exclusive - Gala Poker July League Added Value - 1st Leg Weds 3rd July well done to Scooper for a very lucky win last night, never known someone to be behind as often and still come up trumps, might need to work on your table etiquette though,doesnt hurt to say ty or nh once in a while, also well done the other cashers. as Helen said,table will be updated asap and i look forward to seeing the finalists next week. :)

Re: PL Exclusive - Gala Poker July League Added Value - 1st Leg Weds 3rd July

well done to Scooper for a very lucky win last night, never known someone to be behind as often and still come up trumps, might need to work on your table etiquette though,doesnt hurt to say ty or nh once in a while, also well done the other cashers. as Helen said,table will be updated asap and i look forward to seeing the finalists next week. :)
I always try to say ty if someone says nh especially if its someone else in the hand as I regard this as very sporting. I can miss such comments whilst multi tabling and I apologize for that. I don't play poker for the social side so I'm unlikely to make such comments myself, I'm more likely to make negative comments about bad play. Yes, I came from behind but my number of big blinds is the only thing I monitor until I'm heads up. If I am comfortable with my number of big blinds, then I can win irrelevant of the stage or what everyone else has. You have to get lucky and win more races than you lose to win tournaments but the only time I felt I was exceptionally lucky was when I was heads up when I flopped a set of aces and in the final hand flopped a run. The term lucky is something I would reserve for occasions when someone should fold but calls and then wins like last night when I put a big raise in with AA and was called with by someone with JQu I think. I folded on the river to their FH. was that lucky?

Re: PL Exclusive - Gala Poker July League Added Value - 1st Leg Weds 3rd July totally agree about the luck side, it was your comment aimed at someone and you didnt back up the reason why when asked, and then you were in my opinion, ill mannered,the whole game, not even a gg to muttley at the end. i dont have a problem with the way you play, far from it, but being polite goes a long way, especially in a social forum like we are. just my two pence worth, once again, well done on your win and see you in the final next week

Re: PL Exclusive - Gala Poker July League Added Value - 1st Leg Weds 3rd July

I always try to say ty if someone says nh especially if its someone else in the hand as I regard this as very sporting. I can miss such comments whilst multi tabling and I apologize for that. I don't play poker for the social side so I'm unlikely to make such comments myself' date=' I'm more likely to make negative comments about bad play. Yes, I came from behind but my number of big blinds is the only thing I monitor until I'm heads up. If I am comfortable with my number of big blinds, then I can win irrelevant of the stage or what everyone else has. You have to get lucky and win more races than you lose to win tournaments but the only time I felt I was exceptionally lucky was when I was heads up when I flopped a set of aces and in the final hand flopped a run. The term lucky is something I would reserve for occasions when someone should fold but calls and then wins like last night when I put a big raise in with AA and was called with by someone with JQu I think. I folded on the river to their FH. was that lucky?[/quote'] very unusual comments you make in your statement you say firstly I don't play for the social side of it meaning you play to win and you take your game seriously ok I get that ,, yet you also mention i'm more likely to make negative comments about bad play ????? surely you want to keep playing against these players and not trying to educate them on poker abc when you clearly would have a greater edge on these players in the long term ,, I think you get what I mean and gl in final when i'l be there too hopefully

Re: PL Exclusive - Gala Poker July League Added Value - 1st Leg Weds 3rd July Can't help myself, I hate getting donked!

very unusual comments you make in your statement you say firstly I don't play for the social side of it meaning you play to win and you take your game seriously ok I get that ,, yet you also mention i'm more likely to make negative comments about bad play ????? surely you want to keep playing against these players and not trying to educate them on poker abc when you clearly would have a greater edge on these players in the long term ,, I think you get what I mean and gl in final when i'l be there too hopefully

Re: PL Exclusive - Gala Poker July League Added Value - 1st Leg Weds 3rd July I've always regarded 'saying' gg to someone knocked out as taking the mick, that's why I don't do it. I didn't notice the request for an explanation why JQu should be folded to a large raise. Usually I play the board but last night, I called a fair raise on the big blind with 9J because it was Muttley. Pretty sure I was ahead I bet half my chips on a 229 flop, was reraised so I went all in. He revealed 66, surely a fold, I'm not known for my bluffing. A total dog he won via a runner runner flush! I could only comment 'usual nonsense. Once Mcg called my substantial AA all in with 2 7 and won. I was speechless! Posting negative comments is just letting off steam, I'm never really nasty. Don't play Omaha high low on the cash tables, that's where the really nasty guys play! In future I shall only comment ffs! lol

totally agree about the luck side, it was your comment aimed at someone and you didnt back up the reason why when asked, and then you were in my opinion, ill mannered,the whole game, not even a gg to muttley at the end. i dont have a problem with the way you play, far from it, but being polite goes a long way, especially in a social forum like we are. just my two pence worth, once again, well done on your win and see you in the final next week

You're a skilled player Scoop as your results already prove. I for one always find it difficult to get a read from you. :ok It would be nice to see you getting involved in the friendly banter and/or forum more, passing on some of your experiences but obviously only if you're comfortable with that. We do want to encourage players in the forum and during games, after all we have many members with varying degrees of experience and confidence here with more joining all the time. The more the community grows and helps each other to improve, the more we all gain collectively both in terms of improving our own game and understanding and in terms of added value. I remember in some of my first league games I was keen to understand others thinking (afterall everyone can see a situation and plays it differently) and was impressed and grateful that fellow players were genuinely willing to provide their thoughts mid game, its one of the factors that hooked me into playing more here. PL is literally 1+1=3, what you might give away in short term info and running at a loss against strong opposition in the PL leagues is greatly reduced by the greater insight, situational understanding and confidence in your own games. I would urge everyone to get involved in helping each other or by posting the occasional hand after a game for general discussion (preferably with names blurred). Lets do it constructively though and keep negative chat box words to a mimimum. p.s. does anyone know why I thought it was a good idea last night to shove pocket 4's from big blind & big stack into buttons bigger stack? Nope nor me. Sometimes we just take a shot and sometimes we just get it wrong or misclick. Sadly for me it wasn't a misclick lol

Re: PL Exclusive - Gala Poker July League Added Value - Last Leg Weds 31st July Only 18 members regged with just minutes to go, wow value! Tonights winner will be playing for a $525 ticket next week and a potential win of several $'000 Do our members really want to miss this one? :unsure Trust me, a bink tonight followed by a bink in the big one is always very possible, members have won big before and will again. Good luck everyone.

Re: PL Exclusive - Gala Poker July League Added Value Grand Final Weds 7th Aug Well done Haichan :clap League table updated and the finalists are confirmed. 5 weekly winners plus 5 from the league. Details will be sent to Gala and we'll confirm registration process shortly. [TABLE]

[TR] [TD=class: xl67]PLUsername[/TD] [TD=class: xl68, width: 130]Gala[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl71]luckboxnemo[/TD] [TD=class: xl69]PUNTERSNEMO[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl71]muttley[/TD] [TD=class: xl69]PLMuttley[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl71]angiebabe1961[/TD] [TD=class: xl69]angiepokerstars[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl70]teaulc[/TD] [TD=class: xl69]PsychoTeaulc[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl71]humpo[/TD] [TD=class: xl69]humpo38[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl71]helderjma[/TD] [TD=class: xl69]h3lderjm[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl70]Scooper[/TD] [TD=class: xl69]GALARAT[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl70]Spitvenom[/TD] [TD=class: xl69]SpitvenomPL[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl70]wurzel133[/TD] [TD=class: xl69]plwurzel133[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl70]Haichan[/TD] [TD=class: xl69]Haichan88[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Congrats to Nemo who hangs on to be our league champion, despite a late surge from Muttley. :clap New member leefan189 takes home the coveted spoon for his 4 game low score. :ok

Re: PL Exclusive - Gala Poker July League Added Value - 2nd Leg Weds 10th July

I'll match it too. How would it work for 3rd place, though? 3rd place is a $100 ticket into a Rebuy.
Nice one Muttley :ok If I won the $100 ticket I would be playing it like a freezeout anyway, same would apply, 10% of any winnings with the ticket to 4 & 5th