Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog]

Fader

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog]

ha ha MP this is why I'm doing it mate. No' date=' I don't and discipline is what I'm trying to teach myself. I know that if I followed it id make big profit but as you can see above I really let myself down once I pick my main bets. Today I only had 2 in mind. the handicap for Haas and the handicap for Anderson. I tipped one only to keep progressing in the bank and then I start getting greedy.[/quote'] Easily done I think. I notice you did say 1-2 bets per day anyhow.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] I tend to have 1-2 strong bets and then p*ss around with little bets on bigger prices. This was meant for my strong bets to see if I left the other ones alone what my outcome would be over the course of a week/month but I've already strayed lol

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] 5pts J.Janowicz to beat R.Stepanek >Betvictor 1.75 Stepanek had a fairly easy first round against Reid and won in straight sets. He has a decent serve on him but not alot more to his game in my opinion and is getting on abit. He is 12 years older then his opponent. Janowicz had Edmund and also won in straight sets and I'd say it's a better test than Reid. I think the movement of Janowicz + age of Stepanek all add up to a Janowicz win, in 4-5.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] 2.5pts L.Kubot to beat S.Darcis 2.20 Bet365 Nice bit of "over-the-top" odds creating here. Darcis beat Nadal in straight sets. Pretty much because Nadal wasn't right. That's not the normal Nadal and his returning was dreadful. All Darcis had to do was go in to the net. Kubot only played Darcis once years ago and Kubot won. Darcis will be up for this ofcourse but Id fancy Kubot to take it.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] same old story. both bets void because of injury. Janowicz 1-0 up in sets and 5-3 up in second and all Verdasco has to do is quit and my bet becomes void. Really irratating. Darcis also withdraws so no change in the bank.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] 1 win, 1 lose. bank now 110.58 Bet 17 - Football - Brazil Vs Urugary - Both teams to score 5pts 1.91 WilliamHill Bet 18 - Football - Brazil Vs Uruguay - Urugary to win 0.58 pts 8.50 SkyBet Should be an exciting game here. Both teams scoring well and both have great attacks. Uruguay will welcome back Forlan, Suarez & Cavani whilst Brazil have Neymar, Fred & co also.. it really would surprise me if we didn't see goals here, but with Brazil they can't defend for toffee so I'm also going to throw a small half point at a Uruguay shock win.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] Next bet for tomorrow will be berdych vs brands over 3.5 sets. Berdych isn't on no sort of form out of hertogen and I wasn't impressed with klizan who he beat easily. One thing that I will expect its lots of games because of the big serves. Over 3.5 sets 3.0 3pts bet365

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] also adding this : 3pts M.Raonic Vs I.Sijsling - I.Sijsling [3.00 >Bet365] 1pt Sijsling to win 3-0 [8.50 >Bet365] I think I've said it enough times that I really don't rate Raonic and now he is playing someone who has a pedigree on grass I can oppose him. Sijsling likes the grass and has a good return on him and in my opinion that's all you need vs raonic because his movement is dire. head to head reads 1 game where in 2009, Sijsling won 6-2 6-2 but we will ignore that.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] Can't see that bet even being played due to rain so I'm going for tonight's football : Spain to beat Italy -1.5 2.42 Bet365 [3 pts] I think Italy without Balotelli tonight are going to struggle and I see Spain taking over the game and winning this 3-0 / 3-1 so I'm going to take the handicap bet here. Nice bit of value in my eyes.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] also going Spain -2 on corner handicap. Heres the stats :[] corners they had. Spain average more and I've also heard Italy going for 3 man centre back pairing meaning spain will get abit of joy on the wings even though they prefer a central play they can exploit this and do all the attacking to produce more corners. 3pts @ 1.80 bet365. Spain 2-1 Urugary [5-1] Nigeria 0-3 Spain [5-6] Spain 10-0 Tahiti [5-1] Italy 2-1 Mexico [4-3] Italy 4-3 Japan [2-6] Italy 2-4 Brazil [6-5]

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] rather annoyingly Spain don't turn up so both lost there and the cricket was abandoned. 6pts J.Wang Vs T.Haas [under 29.5 games] 1.83 Bet365 Eh? Haas is going to win this in 3 sets so all he would need to do is break once in each set. Haas is 10x the player Wang is. I actually had Odesnik to beat Wang in the first round he nearly did (having match point) that was a long drawn out game where Haas will be fresh from thrashing Tursunov 3-0. You must say if he can beat Turs easily, he should have no issues with Wang and he will be well up for this game with all the semi-favourites going out and having problems. 3pts J.Janowicz to beat N.Almagro 1.72 Bet365 I think Janowicz will come through here. He will be the most fresh. He won first round easily against Edmund who would of been well up for that game after pushing Ferrer close. He then beat Stepanek after Step retired in the second set but that game was going much the same way as Edmunds. Almagro has Zopp in round 1 and won 3-0 but they were sets that actually pushed Almagro 7-5 7-5 6-4 and he should be winning that much easier. He then lost a set to Rufin too and he doesn't look in good form. It's a shame we have such poor odds on Janowicz

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] quick update : Spain didn't turn up for that game atall and a bore-off 0-0 so both bets lost there taking the bank to 119.05 Today's bets have started well though. Haas made me sweat by winning in 29 games exactly so bring the bank to 124.03 The second bet, Janowicz is currently in set 1 where it is going to serve.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] Quick update to this. Tidy it up abit : Total Bets : 25 [1 pending] Bets won : 12 Bets Lost : 12 Average odds : 2.94 Bets on Cricket : 2/2 - 100% Bets on Football :4/9 - 44% Bets on Tennis : 6/13 - 46% Starting bank : 100 points Current bank : 126.19 points + 26.19pts

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] Tomorrow's bets: Bet 26: 3pts M.Erakovic to beat L.Robson 2.75 >Bet365 Bet 27 : 1pt M.Erakovic to win 2-0 4.50 >Bet365 Bet 38 : 3.5pts B.Paire to beat L.Kubot [-4.5 games] 1.80 Bet365 These 2 only played a year ago in a Birmingham grass event and Erakovic won 2-1 yet she is priced up at 2.75.. sorry, but too much value to let this one slide. Erakovic beat Morita convincingly in the end after losing the first set she come back to win 6-0 / 7-5. She then beat Peng in straight sets. Robson looked very good against Kirilenko however I wouldn't say she looked too hot against Marino. Alot will depend on her serve. She looked nervous in that game and against a strong opponent things may of been different. I'd side with Paire here. Kubot will be fresh that's for sure after getting a free entry by Nadal. Paire leads the head-2-head 4-0. He won on grass too (aswell as Clay and Hard) and this was at a time where Paire was not as good as he was now. He has improved vastly in the last year. Be cautious guys if you're following as I always seem to have 1 good, 1 bad day recently. :hope

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] Paire lost in straight sets and I must admit I think that was a bad bet. Not just because of the loss but because Paire on grass, not the best but I thought he'd have enough to beat Kubot with ease and it never happened. Erakovic bet in in-play. Erakovic has taken the first set 6-1. Bank pre-Erakovic settlement 122.69

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] today's bets will be : F.Verdasco -5.5 games [to beat De Schepper] 3.55pts @ 1.72 Bet365 I back De Schepper in the previous round because I thought that Monaco would have troubles with the serve and volley of De Schepper but Verdasco should be able to cope with it here and I feel that is all De Schepper really has to his game. Verdasco in 3/4 so the handicap should be enough.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] Tomorrow's bet will be a Challenger event in the tennis : 2.61pts J.Vesely to beat F.Sella 2-0 2.00 Bet365 Vesely is ranked 5th in the Challenger rankings. Sella is ranked 135th. Vasely has played in 6 clay events this year and won 2, and got to the final of another. This included beating "Nadal conqueror" Darcis. Sella has played in 7 clay events and best he has achieved in a quarter-final spot. This is enough for me to go for a 2-0 win but on-top of that the age difference [19yrs old, on the way up Vs 32yrs old, on the way down] and the fact that there's a 51 position difference and finally the fact that it's 6ft 6 Vs 5ft 10. The reach alone should prove a challenge.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] I think I'll add my tennis bet into this too, at low stakes. 1.5pts K.Kanepi to beat S.Lisicki 3.50 >Bet365 Lisicki, after the biggest win of her career would no doubt be over the moon to get here but I think the moment might get to her. I've seen this year even more that women's tennis is so weak, mentally. All the pressure of this game is now on Lisicki (the new favourite to win Wimbledon) Kanepi has beaten some real talented players so far. Kanepi was a big result and Riske is a hard player to beat (a player Lisicki lost to recently in Birmingham) in my opinion there's no way Kanepi is 3.50! 1.5pts M.Bartoli to beat S.Stephens 1.80 >Bet365 I think Bartoli here. I know it's easy to say but experience counts for alot. Especially when you get to the latter stages of this competition. They played last year and Bartoli come through there 2-1 and that was minus the added pressure of being "last american" of the tournament.