** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog]

Fader

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] That's right. For once I have the advantage with Bet365. I never knew that Karlo was carrying an injury so glad I didn't lose on this. Hopefully Dodig will do the business and Cavern in the darts. Want to push on out of this slump.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] Caven bottle it and Dodig covers handicap so bank now 151.70pts. 4pts C.Berlocq -4.5 games to beat H.Zeballos 1.90 Bet365 Zeb has been in real bad on the clay now for a while. He went though a stage where he was on fire winning the Montevideo & Sao Lepoldo events back-to-back and then to top it off winning the Vino Del Mar and beating Nadal in the final from a set down was exceptional. Since then though he hasn't got going again and he has lost 12 of the 16 matches on clay since then going out in round 1 in 7/8 of the last tournaments. Berlocq is much the opposite right now winning Bastad and then doing well at Hamburg too. He should win here. Zeb doesn't have a good enough first serve right now and Berlocq should cover the handicap.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] 6pts I.Dodig to beat L.Hewitt 1.66 Bet365 Dodig is a hard working player and could win this tournament. He is aggressive and can take the game to Hewitt. Dodig can bully Hewitt and Hewitt isn't the bester server and certainly a poor 2nd server. Hopefully Dodig can take advantage here.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] 3pts A. Montanes to beat G.Monfils 2.37 Bet365 1pt A. Montanes to win 2-0 3.75 Bet365 I normally back Monfils as I think he has really improved recently and hopefully for him got rid of his persistent injury problem. The last couple of games I've seen though he seems very scatty and inconsistent (more than normal) and I think Montanes looks solid right now. Looking at the Gasquet match looks better then it was as Gasquet for me didn't turn up but I still think Montanes can go through here. Monfils hasn't had a solid player yet and this will be his first "proper" test.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] Darts preview : 4pts A.Hamilton Vs A.Lewis [Over 14.5 180's] 1.80 Bet365 2pts A.Hamilton [Most 180s in the match] 2.60 Bet365 Andy Hamilton has been very solid so far in this tournament and I think he can spring a result here. I will keep it tighter though and have a bet on the 180's. Both of these 2 hit alot of 180's. So far in this tournament Hamilton has hit 9 in his 2 matches & Lewis has hit 8. I do think Lewis is going above the 60 bed alot recently but he is still hitting alot of 180s so I'll also go for the Hammer to get more of them.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] Darts tonight : 3pts P.Taylor (-3.5 games) to beat A.Lewis 1.90 Bet365 3pts A.Lewis (Over 11.5 180s) 2.00 Bet365 I think Taylor will win this one with a few games to spare. The two have met 48 times and Lewis has won only 9 of these. This year they have played twice and Phil has won 7-2 & 7-3. It normally comes down to Lewis winning or Taylor winning with games to spare in these encounters. Lewis is on some good form right now though. Hamilton should of beat him but he done very well to beat Van Gerwen. He will need plenty of 180s to give himself a chance of doubling because Phil will be stronger at the doubles here.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] 1.9pts K De Schepper to beat L.Mayer 3.40 Bet365 I don't think Leo is THIS much better then De Schepper right now. Neither are setting the world alight right now. Leo hasn't beaten a leftie this year and has a poor record overall against lefties. This alone makes this value for me. He also has a good serve and so De Schepper can put some pressure on Leo from the start

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] 2.5pts D.Tursunov to beat J.Levine -2.5 games 1.80 Bet365 Tursunov not been enjoying the clay recently can do well here and return to more familiar surroundings. He has beaten some top players this year on the hard-courts and I don't see the likes of Levine stopping him here. Levine got here via a lucky loser set-up and despite some early year form he hasn't beaten anyone of any significance since he beat Robredo at the Australian Open. Turs the better on this surface and Turs the better player. 2pts B.Tomic to beat D.Goffin 2-0 2.37 Bet365 Goffin's win over Lu was given to him asfar as I'm concerned. He has done OK as of late on the hard-courts but he hasn't beaten anyone of any substance. Today he will play someone who has beaten some top, tough players on this surface. Tomic has won the majority of the matches he has played on the hard-courts this year and he is solid. I think there is alot of value in this pick 1.05pts S.Groth to beat M.Raonic 7.00 Bet365 A bit of a gamble this one and it's all about how rubbish Raonic is at returning really. I think I've probably laid Raonic every match he has played over the last 3 months and it's worked well. I thought coming into this tournament I could back him again on the hard because of that serve. Unfortunately though, Groth can also serve and Raonic isn't a good returner which makes me think "overs" which is a good pick but if I think it's going to be close Id rather take the 6/1 on Groth. This might be a silly bet, but if set 1 gets to 6-6 I'll be happy.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] 2.5pts G.Simon to beat D.Tursunov 2-0 2.00 Bet365 Tursunov just isn't serving well enough to trouble Simon here. He struggled with Levine and gave away many break points and was lucky Levine wasn't good enough to take more than 2. Simon will be a far harder opponent and should win here quite easily and the evens on the 2-0 win again seems nice value here.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] 1.55pts R.Stepanek -3.5 games to beat M.Llodra 2.00 Bet365 The head to head between these 2 is 6-1 to Stepanek and the last 2 times they played (both on hard) it was 2-0 to Stepanek and he covered the handicap. Llodra is a decent player and he has every chance of winning a set so I will take on the games market here. His serve means Stepanek should be fine on his own games so 1 break a set will be enough here.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] Today is the 3rd test in the cricket and aswell as the bet on England to win the 3rd test ^^ I will go also go for the following few with small stakes : 1.6pts I.Bell [Top England 1st inns batsman] 5.50 Bet365 Bell loves it at Manchester and has a real good records with centuries and fifties and he is also on some good form. If the top order faulter here, Bell can come in and give another assured performance. 1pt S.Watson [Top Aus 1st inns batsman] 5.50 Bet365 Watson comes back into the team today after missing the first 2 tests and could provide some stablility in the batting line-up. He hit 193 against South Africa in a warm-up game and if anyone is going to hit well here it could be him.