** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog]

Fader

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] 2pts J.Lewis to beat K.Painter 3.20 Bet365 Lewis was very good in the Gibraltar Trophy beating the likes of Aidy Lewis and getting to the final Vs Phil Taylor. These two played only this month and Lewis won a tight match 6-5 so he is certainly not a 3.20 dog here.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog]

won 2-1 but handicap not covered. Bank 152.50pts 5pts England to beat Australia 1.90 Bet365 I fancy England to win the 2nd test too. Aus got some very good luck in the Agar incident and then the Trott incident too and must be quite deflated after coming so close. Much the same as the first test I expect England to come through. 2.5pts J.Anderson [top england bowler] 3.00 SkyBet I again think the difference between the two will be Jimmy Anderson. He was immense in the first test and took 10 wickets and I expect him to take a good portion of them this time too.
156.29 pts now

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] 6.29pts G.Anderson to beat M.King 1.66 Bet365 I think Anderson will come through here. He isn't in the best of forms but his scoring ability alone should mean he gets to the doubles first and although that's a big weakness of Anderson it tends to be on the big stages this comes into play. Anderson to win at a decent price in my eyes.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] 2pts P.Nicholson to beat D.Chisnall 2.50 Bet365 Too big a price for Nicholson here. They have played on 6 occasions and they hold a 3-3 scoreline but Nicholson won when they played in March at the UK Open 6-3. It should be a close one unless the old Dave Chisnall comes out to play but we haven't seen that Chisnall for a while.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] sooo close. they ended level on 180s. 2pts I.Dodig to win ATP Atlanta 12.00 Bet365 2pts I.Karlovic to win ATP Atlanta 13.00 Bet365 Both of these 2 are in hot form right now. Karlovic has just won the ATP Bogota event where he didn't get broke once. His serve stood up against everyone and even when he didn't play well he had that serve to fall back on. If he beats Anderson in round 1 (which he done at Bogota) then he has every chance of making the final atleast. Dodig has had abit of time off but has been in some excellent form getting to the last 16 of Wimbledon and pushing Ferrer close and now on his favourite surface he can do some damage.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] 2pts A.Kuznetsov to beat S.Stakhovsky 2-0 2.75 Bet365 Both of these 2 have not really had the best form on clay this year but Stakhovsky has gone out in the 1st round twice now since returning to the clay from beating Federer at Wimbledon. He hasn't played top players either really going out of Hamburg to Stebe[178th] & out of Bastad to Struff[109th] Kuznetsov is rising in the rankings and will want to gain more pts as he did not enter this last year. Stakhovsky went out in R1 so will not have the pts to protect. Last match on clay, stak only managed 57% 1st serve pts won whilst Kuznetsov managed 68% and serve is Staks main weapon. 1.5pts P Henri-Mathieu to beat M.Youzhny 3.00 Bet365 Head to head between these 2 sees Mathieu winning the last 2, and 1 of those being on clay albeit a good few years ago. Mathieu has recently come back from an injury to his neck and hasn't had the best of years. He got injured a earlier in the year and he done OK in Nice, beating Ryan Harrison & Berlocq before going out to Montanes in Quarter-finals. Since then though he again retired at Wimbledon and has gone out in R1 twice since to Monfils & Montanes. On the plus side though he got to the Semi-finals of this event last year and beat the likes of home favourite Wawrinka and will want to protect precious pts which he is losing through his injuries. Youhzny has been impressive on the grass recently getting to the final of Halle & then last 16 of Wimbledon losing to eventual winner, Murray but he can lapse on the clay at times. He went out of Bucharest & Munich in the first round in April and out of Hamburg most recently in round 1 to Garcia-Lopez so history could repeat itself here. He also went out of this event in the first round last year so doesn't have the points to protect. 2.5pts F.Lopez Vs J.Hernych [Over 21.5 games] 1.90 Bet365 1pts J.Hernych to beat F.Lopez 4.00 Bet365 Abit of a long-shot but Lopez doesn't look good on clay. Both of these have done really well on the grass, but look dodgy on the clay and I think we will see overs here. The question comes down to who will turn up on the day. Hernych has recently got to a final of a clay event but it was against weak opposition. Last year though here, he got to the quarter-final winning 3 qualifying rounds and then beating Viola & Giraldo. Lopez, last year here also got to the quarter finals but struggled to beat both Ungar and Hajek in 3 sets and covered the overs.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] Darts preview : 3pts J.Cavern to beat W.Newton 2.00 >Bet365 Cavern holds a 8-6 lead on Newton and recently his form has been very impressive. In the European Championships he smashed Chisnall 6-0 and then dismantled james wade 10-2 before being pipped to the post by Whitlock 10-9 but he could of easily won that match and gone on to win the tournament. Wes isn't in the best of forms recently going out of the European to Klaasen & PDC European Tour to Suljovic. Cavern should come through 1.5pts R.Hybrechts to beat A.Lewis 5.50 >Bet365 Ronnie had a very good European Championship beating Taylor & Thornton and if he can rise to the challenge of beating Taylor he can sure as hell beat Lewis. Lewis is always going to give his opponent chances and he looked on form the in the european getting to the final to lose to Whitlock, but in the early round he did look like he was struggling against Suljovic and he could give Ronnie chances.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] 2pts M.Matosevic to beat R.Harrison 2.75 >Bet365 Lots of value here. Harrison massively overrated. Went out early last season here and I think Matosevic will fancy his chances. Has had some good results on this surface.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] 3pts V.Hanescu (-3.5 games) to beat D.Brown 1.90 Bet365 Hanescu has had a good year on the clay. Previous to last tournament at Hamburg where he lost to Kavcic he had only lost to Montanes outside the top 35. He likes the clay and Brown, despite doing well here last year doesn't favour the clay. These two have never met but I fancy Hanescu to be the victor here. Brown's done very little on the clay this year.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] darts preview tonight : 2pts J.Pipe to beat Van Barneveld 3.75 Bet365 Not enough respect being shown to Pipe here. He done well here last year and he can give Barney problems. Kev is right with regards to the heat up there. Anderson has already said what a problem it is for certain players and that, the head-2-head which actually favours Pipe & him slowing the game down could well equate to a Pipe win. 2.39pts S.Whitlock -2.5 legs to beat K.Painter 1.72 Bet365 Whitlock is hitting some good form right now winning recently the euro championships. He has also started off brightly here though, beating the in-form Klaasen with a 95 average. I think he should beat Painter with the minimal of fuss here. Painter beat Jamie Lewis but Lewis wasn't up for that match and a 91 average wont cut it here. 2pts G.Anderson to beat J.Wade 2.37 Bet365 Anderson looked very sharp against Merv King and run away with it. He hit the big numbers as usual and also kept steady with the doubles and if he can produce the same quality tonight then I don't think Wade can beat him. It's devastating when Anderson is on form.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] 3pts M.Zverev to beat R.Berankis 2.25 Bet365 These two met in 2011 and Zverev won after being a set down. Berankis has not been on the hard courts since Miami where he went out in round 1 to Melzer. He also went out early at Indian Wells to Pospisil in round 2. Zverev is much more familiar on the hard having played 9 out of his last 10 on the surface only losing 2 of those and 1 being a retirement. These courts are very bouncy and Berankis is only 5ft 9. I think if Zverev serves well he wins here.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] A better day in the end for me. Pipe beat Barney. I thought he was going to throw it away but he got over the line and played the better and deserved it. Whitlock took it to the wire of the handicap and won 13-10 on his last dart. Anderson Vs Wade is to come to see if I can hit a much needed 3/3 on the darts. In the Tennis more bad luck means despite being 4-0 up in the first set and then losing it.. and then in a tie break in third being 5-3 up Zverev still managed to lose the tie break. Lu won on the handicap late on also 7-5. Bank before Anderson 161.21pts

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] Still waiting on Anderson but I want to go to bed so here's tomorrow's darts preview : 2.5pts A.Hamilton Vs I.White [Over 10.5 180's] 1.80 Bet365 Both of these 2 hit plenty of 180's. White only played 13 legs and managed 4 180's. Hamilton played even less, 11 legs and managed 3 180's. I'd be surprised if they don't get this in a "first-to-13" and get less than 11. I think Hamilton will win this, but there should be atleast 20-22 legs here. 5.5pts J.Cavern to beat D.Chisnall 1.72 Bet365 2pts J.Cavern -2.5 games to beat D.Chisnall 2.50 Bet365 Cavern should such strength to beat Newton. Newton had a 7pt higher average but he dug deep to win and I think he will get his rewards by going deep in this tournament. He should beat Chisnall who didn't look outstanding against Nicholson. I think Cavern will improve here too whilst Chisnall I don't think he will. These 2 have met 8 times and Cavern leads 6-2 and beat him 6-0 recently. You only need to look at Thornton's performance to see that players don't forget them.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] argh Anderson! Bank now 159.21 back to the tennis .. 3pts J.Monaco (-3.5 games) to beat Garcia-Lopez 1.80 Bet365 It's hard to tell which Monaco will turn up for this tournament, after Hamburg where he should of beat Almagro but I think he should win here in straight sets. Monaco may not have an incredible serve but his first serve % is still good. At Hamburg Vs Monfils (75%) Vs Paire (80%) and Almagro (82%) but not only this he is a great returner too getting 48% return points in those matches average. More over though Garcia-Lopez serve is pants. At Hamburg his first serve was 54% 44% 53% and in round 1 of this event 45%. Monaco's returning should show up this weakness.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] 2.61pts Gimeno-Traver Vs Wawrinka [under 20.5 games] 2.00 Bet365 These 2 played recently and Wawrinka won 6-1 / 6-4. He would only have to break once in each set and I think he can do that here. Gimeno-Traver is a decent player but I don't think he can match Wawrinka who is an excellent clay court player and who will probably make the final and possibly even win this event.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] Man that was harsh. 7-5 4-0 up and serving for 5-0 and he falls apart. Bank now 159.00pts 3pts I.Karlovic to beat M.Ebden 2-0 2.37 Bet365 Karlo is incredibly hard to break and I don't think Ebden will break him here. Karlo has just won a hardcourt event and although he might not be 100% right now his serve remains consistent. 3pts I.Dodig -3.5 games to beat R.Berankis 1.90 Bet365 Dodig has had a really good year and I am backing him to get to the final in this tournament. He hasn't been on the hard for a while but he should have more then enough to beat a "lucky as ****" berankis who was 5-3 down in the tie break. and countless other times during all 3 sets.