Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog]

Fader

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog]

Hey there' date=' thanks alot. I'm not quite sure really. I bet most on Tennis at the moment but it will probably spill into the football season too. I will probably take it to a double-up and then assess the situation :)[/quote'] im following someone they got from £100 in 2009 to £96000 current. Maybe that could be a target 10 doubleups or 1000-1 ;)

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] Yes for ease of restaking to double the amount its easier to go by doubleups, once you hit £3200 your on £100 plus stakes which is max you get matched most the time which is why it then takes years with this strategy unless you can find the bets in bookie shops or exchanges.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] ATP Bastad : 3pts J.Monaco to beat G.Dimitrov 2-0 2.00 >Bet365 It's a shame I have to go against my outright pick but he just looks dreadful right now. The thing about it that's such a shame is Monaco isn't in any good form either so if he came with some desire he'd have a real chance but I've seen Dimitrov in both games now and he has been so lethargic and unmotivated that I think this will be straightforward for Monaco. 2pts C.Berlocq to beat A.Ramos 2.00 >Bet365 Ramos looked good in his last match against Robredo, but more so Robredo was rubbish. Everything was going long and I knew from the moment I see the big woofter wearing a neck warmer that he was going to lose that match. Berlocq holds a 3-1 head-2-head advantage here [all on clay] and it's 1-1 this year. 3pts J.Isner [-2.5 games] to beat I.Karlovic 1.83 >Bet365 I think this is where Karlovic's tournament ends. He has done well coming back from injury and if he were playing someone out of form Id probably side with him but his big ammunition in matches is matched here. Isner has a big serve of his own and unlike Karlovic, Isner has not been broke once. Isner for me in 2 so -2.5 should be covered. Isner loves this ground and has won it twice.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] ATP Bogota 3pts X.Malisse to beat A.Falla 1.80 >Bet365 1pt X.Malisse to beat A.Falla 2-0 3.00 >Bet365 This has drifted now and is actually quite nice value. Malisse has the advantage in the head-2-heads. They played in Feb on the same hard court and Malisse won pretty easily 6-3 6-3 in under an hour where as Falla's only win on the hard against Malisse was back in 2011. ATP Hamburg 3pts V.Hanescu to beat B.Kavcic 2-0 2.00 >Bet365 Hanescu showed some decent form on the clay at Stuttgart. He beat Tursunov, Belucci and most impressingly Paire in straight sets before going out to in-form Kohlschreiber who got to the final. I think he will have too much here for Kavcic who is more used to playing challenger events on the clay and isn't around the big boys as much as Hanescu.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] tonights friendly in the football : 10pts West ham to beat Colchester 1.50 Bet365 5pts West Ham/West Ham HT/FT 2.25 Bet365 We are taking our full team to Colchester tonight and we have been banging them in so far in pre-season winning 6-1 and 3-0. Diame is back I believe and the added width Rat brings us has made an improvement. Id fancy a 2 or 3 nil.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] 2pts Tursunov to beat J.Chardy 2.50 >Bet365 1pt Tursunov to win 2-0 4.00 >Bet365 Tursunov seemingly in very good form to beat Andujar. Especially coming back from a set down shows great desire right now. Chardy, is he really going to be bothered here? I'm not so sure and he looked less than impressive when he lost to Berrer on the clay, after a bye in that tournament too.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] X.Malisse shows a distinct lack of balls. Gutless performance so much so you could see him thinking he'd win a point at the net, the return coming back and him not even bothering to run. Pathetic. Should be fined for a lack of effort. Hanescu, much the same leads 6-4 and 1-0 up, by a break and then completely implodes to lose not only the set but the game. Lucky enough Tursunov packed his boll**s this morning and won 2-0 and West Ham also won 2-1 to make the bank 149.25pts I'm really irritated because it should of been 155-160 by end of play tonight! Rant over!

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] 2pts J.Monaco to beat G.Monfils 2.10 Bet365 Monaco leads the head-2-head 3-1 with Monfils. Monfils can beat anyone on his day and I must admit I normally am betting for him but he gives away too many damn points and is too scatty. Monaco isn't in the best of form but he won this event last year so i'll side with him as I expected him to be the favourite here. 2.25pts F.Lopez to beat L.Struff 2-0 2.37 Bet365 Struff has been in some good form recently. I didn't go against him in the previous round because I did think he had a chance but here, against an in-form Lopez I think he will lose. Lopez has been impressive recently and has had a good rest too. He won the Eastbourne grass event recently and should have too much for Struff. 2pts Debonis to beat T.Robredo 2.75 Bet365 This will depend on which Robredo turns up but if it's the Robredo who played Ramos on the clay in the previous tournament then Delbonis should walk it. He leads the h2h 2-0 and won only last and it was in this event too. Robredo was flying recently and got to the QF of Roland Garos but perhaps these kind of events mean little to him? it certainly didn't last year. I've also noted Robredo has played 2, lost 2 to left-handers this season.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] 2pts M.Klizan to beat C.Berlocq 2.20 Bet365 1pt Klizan to win 2-0 3.50 Berlocq was very impressive last week winning the ATP title but he has had no rest since all those games and went straight into the match against Bachinger. I was tempted to back Bachinger and was pretty dismayed after he took the first set but Berlocq dug in deep and come back to win 2-1. I think Klizan won't give Berlocq that opportunity.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] Mini-update : Monaco beats Monfils 2-0 and Del Bonis grinds out a 2-1 win. Lopez about to kick-off his Hamburg event and Klizan Vs Belocq is at 1pm but the current bank is 154.95pts

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] 2.58pts J.Janowicz -3.5 games to beat R.Haase 1.83 Janowicz got a bye in round 1 and this can always be abit dodgy in their first game [see Garcia-Lopez beating Youhzny & Hajek beating Gulbis) but Janowicz has more than these players because he is up and coming and a raw talent. He has beaten some top names on the clay this year and should have not too many problems against a Haase that struggled past unknown Swartzman

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] won 2-1 but handicap not covered. Bank 152.50pts 5pts England to beat Australia 1.90 Bet365 I fancy England to win the 2nd test too. Aus got some very good luck in the Agar incident and then the Trott incident too and must be quite deflated after coming so close. Much the same as the first test I expect England to come through. 2.5pts J.Anderson [top england bowler] 3.00 SkyBet I again think the difference between the two will be Jimmy Anderson. He was immense in the first test and took 10 wickets and I expect him to take a good portion of them this time too.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] 3pts J.Tipsarevic to beat R.Bemelmans 2-0 1.83 >Bet365 Tipsarevic, I would imagine would have too much for Bemelmans who despite winning 2-0 in his first round will have a whole different challenge with Tipsarevic. They have never played before so no head-2-head to look upon but the sheer fact Tipsarevic is beating the likes of Anderson & Hewitt compared to challengers says it all 2pts T.Haas to beat C.Berlocq 2-0 2.00 >Bet365 Haas got to the final of this event last year and I think he will go deep again. He won the first set of his last round 6-1 and then lost his concentration somewhat before switching it back on to win the match. Berlocq's form has been immense as of late but he MUST be getting tired now he has played so many matches and I think this is one quality opponent too much for him. 2pts B.Paire to beat J.Monaco 2.25 >Bet365 Hard to tell how both played in round 1 but I think Monaco's will look alot better then it was because of Monfils streakyness. Paire is a great up and coming prospect and if the right Paire turns up I think he can win this and advance through. The h2h reads 1-0 to Paire only recently in Rome he won 2-1. 2pts D.Tursunov to beat Del Bonis 2.25 >Bet365 1pt Tursunov 2-0 3.50 Another player I like the look of is Tursunov. Del Bonis done well to get through the last round beating the out-of-form Robredo but will come up against a player who actually has form and is in the mood to play here. No head-2-head here but I'm surprised that Turs is not the favourite so certainly some value 2pts F.Lopez to beat F.Mayer 2.37 >Bet365 1pt F.Lopez to win 2-0 3.75 >Bet365 Lopez sounded abit dodgy in his round 1 match but can understand him adjusting to the clay. He still won there 2-0 against a decent form Struff and I think he can get through Mayer too. They met once back in 2005 and Lopez won then. He has beat Gulbis on the clay aswell as Ferrer and I think he can win here

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] Other dabbles in the cricket : 1pt J.Bairstow (Top England batsman) 11.00 Bet365 1pt S.Broad (Man of the match) 13.00 bet365 Both of these are based on previous performance at Lords. In the past 2 matches at Lords, Bairstow has managed 41 / 54/ 95 so he obviously likes the ground and so 10/1 seems like a nice price. It's not normally a lower ends batsman that wins the Man of the match, and that could go to Anderson or Broad. Broad will have the more to prove after what Anderson did in the first test and his record here is quite something. 11 wickets accross 2 innings Vs Windies. 8 wickets across 2 innings Vs NZ in May too, he could be the man to shine today. Finn also enjoys Lords but with his mind out the game somewhat, for me it's Anderson & Broad today.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] 2pts J.Monaco to beat N.Almagro 2.62 Bet365 1pt J.Monaco to win 2-1 5.50 Bet365 These 2 have played 8 times. Almagro leads 5-3. However, 1 of those was on grass and 3 of the other 7 were before 2008. In their last 3 encounters, all on clay Monaco leads 2-1 and more importantly Monaco is in some serious form right now. He always plays well in Germany and has points to protect before the next big slam. He don't want to be drifting down in the rankings. He beat both Monfils and Paire in straight sets and that takes some doing. Almagro beat Lopez 2-0 also but Lopez isn't a big clay courter. Almagro is a very good clay courter but he is still a mind-bomb and always gives his opponent opportunities. 2pts F.Fognini to beat T.Haas 2.37 Bet365 Fognini is one of the most in-form players there is at the moment on the clay. He has now won 7 in a row on the clay and won an event along the way. He hasn't just won though, he has demolished players. He beat Tommy Haas in the last event he played in 6-2 / 6-4 !!! thats an incredible result. He then went on to beat Kohlschreiber who was in some hot form himself in the final. This tournament he has beat both Ramos (another player in form) and Granollers in straight sets too. He has won 6/7 of those matches in straight sets. He is riding a wave right now and Haas will need to be bang on form to match it. 2pts I.Karlovic to beat A.Mannarino 2-0 2.37 Bet365 I was impressed with how well Karlovic got the job done Vs Sijsling. I thought Sijsling would give him alot more problems then he did but Karl come through in straight sets and I think he will do the same here. Mannarino hasn't got the best return in the world and that's what you really need to get under Karlovic's skin or you need an equally good serve. Mannarino doesn't play big serves well, he lost to Bozoljac not long ago on this surface. If this goes to a tie breaker Id back Karlovic to win them all day, as he returning weakness will really come through in that situation. 1pt S.Giraldo to win the first set AND lose the match 6.50 Bet365 Giraldo is being undervalued here. I watched Anderson Vs Gomez and backed the handicap in favour of Gomez. Anderson has been away from the hard for much of the year and he much prefers the clay. It's far from his preferred surface. Against Gomez, he had 9 break points and converted just 1 of those 9. Infact, he struggled so much he was close to losing the match. Giraldo showed against Guccione that he can return well on this surface and he will need that again here to beat Anderson. These 2 met before in 2011 and Anderson won 2-1 after Giraldo took the first set. I think one major aspect here also is that Giraldo is the home player and the crowd will certainly drive him on in the first set. I will take a dabble at some nice value of the same thing happening. 3pts Over 20.5 games R.Federer Vs F.Mayer 1.72 Bet365 2pts F.Mayer to beat R.Federer 5.00 Bet365 I really don't understand these odds!? Federer had a disappointing Wimbledon going out to Stakhovsky. He then comes onto the clay and loses the first set to Brands regroups and wins that match 2-1. He then beats Hajek ranked 140th, but again I wouldn't say convincingly. He had break points and did not take them. I think Federer, on the clay and with his reason form is there to be taken on. Added to this though Mayer is in some good form right now,he has won 9 out of his last 10 matches on the clay. he is slowly improving his ranking. He knows that he will gain some points also if he wins here and he is in his home country. All these points add up to Mayer providing an upset here but one thing there should be is alot of games. If Hajek can take 7 games off of Federer then I'm sure Mayer can take 8.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] Monaco 1-1 in sets and 3-1 up and loses 5 games in a row to lose. Choker! Fognini wins 2-0, as does Karlovic. Giraldo loses first set and Mayer loses 2-1 but the games are covered. Bank now 149.63pts

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] 2.63pts F.Fognini to beat N.Almagro 2.20 Bet365 8 in 8 now for Fognini and 7 in 8 straight sets. He is flying right now and I don't think Almagro can stop him. Almagro when he is in the mood is fantastic, but it takes him to be down a few games for him to wake up. It might be alittle different this time around when it's a player who can put games to bed like Fog showed he can do winning his last ATP event.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] I had him to win the first set :P 2.62 it was on tie break. Will be interesting to see how it pans out. done a small bet on him to win 2nd set too now at 3.20s

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] Wahey nice one DelBonis. Darts preview for tonight : 5pts T.Jenkins -2.5 games to beat A.Smith 2.20 Bet365 These 2 played eachother in the UK Open qualifier this year and Terry Jenkins come out a 6-2 winner. The head-2-head is 6-3 Jenkins. 5 of those 6 wins would of won on a -2.5 handicap and not one of those matches was a "first to 10" like this one is so this seems like a gift of a price to me. 2.5pts J.Klaasen to beat S.Whitlock 2.75 Bet365 Klaasen is on some great form right now and Whitlock tends to let his mind wander sometimes. The head-2-head favours Whitlock but I think we can see an upset here. Klaasen has beaten Whitlock before and if he brings the form he had in the last tournament here then he should win.