** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD Sat 1st June

Re: BBOTD Sat 1st June 1600 epsom downs 1pt win dawn approach 11/8 betvic totally unoriginal but best horse in the race,has done everything he has been asked so far,slight doubts over distance, but is bred to last home,and i hope to see him coming on the outer 2 furlongs from home and pulling clear

Re: BBOTD Sat 1st June 4pm Epsom DAWN APPROACH ill have the 7/4 ladbrokes, from 8:15am tomorrow, ive no problem in saying this is the penalty kicks of all penalty kicks for the flat season so far, I thought he was impressive at Newmarket, tomorrow, he takes a step forward into that rare group of special DERBY winners.

Re: BBOTD Sat 1st June 3:15 Epsom: Doctor Parkes 1pt win 25/1 Bet365 Doctor Parkes has been slipping down the handicap but has hinted that there may still be a big run in the locker. The ground is a slight concern however he's had only a few runs for Stuart Williams and he is likely to have Doctor Parkes spot on for this.

Re: BBOTD Sat 1st June

4pm Epsom DAWN APPROACH ill have the 7/4 ladbrokes, from 8:15am tomorrow, ive no problem in saying this is the penalty kicks of all penalty kicks for the flat season so far, I thought he was impressive at Newmarket, tomorrow, he takes a step forward into that rare group of special DERBY winners.
You have to take the price at the time of posting mate.

Re: BBOTD Sat 1st June *Thunder Strike > Epsom 2:05 > WIN @ 9/4 Stanjames BOG* Very impressive to date, winning easily on debut at Doncaster before landing a Class 2 race at Windsor easily aswell, albeit only a 3 runner race. Still looked mightily impressive though, and looks a big above the rest in this field. Hughesie on fire at the moment, and looks a progressive type.

Re: BBOTD Sat 1st June Seeking Magic 5.25 Epsom Downs - 1pt Win - 9/1 @Bet365 - BOG Adam Kirby comes to Epsom for 2 rides his ride in the 2.05 looks to have no chance with the field. So that makes me think he has come to Epsom to ride this one , this horse won a 12 runner event at Leicester last month and looks a horse on the up comes here with every chance from a plum draw.

Re: BBOTD Sat 1st June 1.35 EPSOM LONDON CITIZEN @ 14/1 Stan James BOG Was a bit disappointed with this horses run last time but that race at Musselburgh has worked out really well with the winner going on to run second in the Musidora, the second has won twice since and the sixth has also won. Connections thought enough of this horse to run in a group 2 last year and send him to the US to run. I'm hoping the ground dries up a little as Soft ground was given as an excuse last time.

Re: BBOTD Sat 1st June 14.05 Epsom: Riverboat Springs, 11/2 >Paddy Power, win Riverboat Springs won his only race to date impressively. He broke slowly from the stalls but quickly latched onto the back of the pack. He started to make progress through the small field about 2f out and he got to the lead in the last furlong and finished very strongly to win by 2¼L from the re-opposing Money Team, who won easily nto. RS should come on a lot for that experience and I would expect him to confirm running with MT. The slight step up in trip will suit as will the ground. Thunder Strike is the obvious danger but he hasn't beaten much in his two races. Trainer Mick Channon won this race last year and William Buick is a very positive booking.

You have to take the price at the time of posting mate.
No problems, did not know, best at the time was 11/8.:ok But as i said he is bigger from around 8am onwards with a few firms, dont know how long that will last!

Re: BBOTD Sat 1st June 3.15 Epsom - Smoothtalkinrascal 0.5pts e/w @ 18/1 (StanJames) Huge price for the only 3 y.o. in the field, who has already accumulated some very impressive form for this yard. Beat Zanetto in April, before finishing 2nd to an improver at Sandown. Placed again behind Polski Max at Hamilton on heavy, and then reversed those placings to win at York last month. Doesn't have experience of Epsom yet, but there's nothing in his profile to suggest he won't be able to handle the course. This horse is all about speed, and he should have enough about him to make a place at the very least. 18/1 is ridiculously overpriced in my opinion.

Re: BBOTD Sat 1st June 3.45 Don ~ Poetic Dancer ~ 12/1(coral) Ran a cracking race lto when just touched off by the re-opposing Mezzotint. Given that it was Clive Cox's runners first of the season he should come on for the run. He probably hit the front too soon last time and seemed to idle a touch on the run in. Dangers are aplenty though, Tarfilette ran a good race in the Victoria and Amazing Amoray hacked up lto at York. I'm hoping Ryan Tate can hold on to Poetic Dancer til the furlong pole this time around. 1pt win

Re: BBOTD Sat 1st June Not really contributed in may so apologies if looks like I'm taking the mick of the comp? Hopefully back with a bang: Baltic Knight - Doncaster - 3.10 - 13/2 William Hill BOG Ran reasonably well into 4th lto in listed company. Hannon and WTD both in reasonable form. Baltic back into last winning class. Not too sure what the course is like today but any small amounts of cut would be a bonus but not necessary. Looks a very tempting price 1pt win

Re: BBOTD Sat 1st June E4.50 Cayuga 1pt Win 9/1 William Hill This horse was running on over a shorter trip last time out off the same mark as today. The jockey that day didn't give the horse the best of rides and confidence is certainly increased now that crack 5lb claimer Robert Tart takes over in the saddle. I think this is in effect a winner without a penalty and some of the other fancied runners and creeping up the handicap so 9/1 looks more than fair.

Re: BBOTD Sat 1st June Van Percy Musselburgh 3.30 7/2 BetVictor Won last Saturday by a nose over 1m 3f to Blue Wave who also runs in the race. Was really impressive in the last furlong of that race as was denied a clear run for most of the race as the jockey could not get the horse out of conjestion and when she did it came on really strong in the last furlong. David Probert takes the reigns today instead and I expect it to well in a similar race to what it ran last week.

Re: BBOTD Sat 1st June 615 Worcester: Garryleigh 5/4 Bet365/SJ Won a Point, was second in a bumper and has now been second three times over hurdles, it may be that he wants a trip to show his best but the last run at Towcester was a good one behind Twelve Roses and beats anything on offer here. The danger looks to be the Irish horse Dance Floor King and Colm Murphy makes the trip with just one horse so has to be respected, it keeps the price the right side of evens and happy to take him on.

Re: BBOTD Sat 1st June Doncaster 2.00 San Cassiano San Cassiano has had three runs since returning to Ruth Carr after an unsucessful try at hurdling with Ferdy Murphy. He's got a bit better each time but has still dropped back down to a tempting mark of 76 having scored at 84 in the past. On his last start he was 2.75l's behind Swinging Sultan at Haydock & is 8lb better off today . There doesn't seem an obvious improving one in here, Getabuzz is up 4lb for coming second at Ponty & hasn't won off a mark this high. Novirak is another who's maybe held by the handicapper at present. Between Us is only a 4yo so might have more to come but the second of his two wins was off 69 & the handicapper takes little chance with Sir Mark's & 83 looks a bit hash. I just think that I'd rather have a bit ew on San Cassiano at 25's than Swinging Sultan at around 2/1. Bet. San cassiano 0.5pts @ 25/1 Stan James BOG. Rio.

Re: BBOTD Sat 1st June Sat 1st Jun 2013 3.15 Epsom (20 runners) I've taken 3 against the field in this one, but LONG AWAITED has to be the best of the bunch. The 5yo bay goes very well fresh winning on both his last two seasonal reappearances. His form towards the back end of last season has been the best he's produced (including a win at today's grade over c&d) and there could be more to come this season, starting today with Richard Hughes on board who gets on well with him. LONG AWAITED 1pt WIN @ 13/2 (BOG Bet365)

13:35 Epsom
A nice wide open handicap to kick things off on the card today. Several of these runners that line up are still fairly unexposed having only had 3-4 runs to date and a few tackling this trip for the first time.
Greeleys Love
is the one that catches my eye. I don't quite think Mark Johnston can decide which trip suits this colt having raced over 7, 8 and 10 furlongs in his seven runs to date. His only win to date came at Thirsk on his handicap debut after failing to win in three maiden races at Ayr (twice) and York. He won by three quarters of a length that day over 7 furlongs and that didn't do his win any justice considering he was denied a clear run when starting to make his challenge but when he found some room he stayed on well to land the race off a mark of 72. He was then put away for the winter and made his reappearance at Musselburgh back in March off 6lbs higher (78) where he didn't run the best of races at all at his first try over a mile. He was then sent to Windsor over 10 furlongs for the first time where he finished a very close second, again off a mark of 78 before being dropped back down to a mile at Pontefract last time out where he again put in a poor effort. I don't think the race was run to suit him that day considering he got outpaced a couple of furlongs out. Stepped back up to an extended 10 furlongs today which I think he will get and hopefully the first time visor today will do the trick and although this is a step up in class and he is now up to a mark of 83, I feel he is a decent each way shout at what looks like his optimum trip.
E/W Greeleys Love @ 12/1 (Bet
>Victor
- BOG, 1/4
odds
, 1,2,3)

Re: BBOTD Sat 1st June 3.15 Epsom - 1pt win Confessional @ 18/1 (Hills) I backed this horse for the race last year and got proper mugged off. Ted Durcan found himself in all sorts of problems on a horse with bundles in the tank. He travelled supremely well but had no run virtually throughout prior to finally seeing daylight when much too late and coming home well. I've little doubt he pretty much wins with a clear run but that's what can happen in races such as this. Silvestre De Sousa takes the ride today and the horse has just been ticking over this season so far. However, his two runs here in the Dash have seen him finish a close 2nd and that unlucky run last year so clearly relishes this speed test. Crucially, when he's been running this year the Tim Easterby stable have been out of form but the tide is turning now it seems with a few winners on the board in recent days and that adds to this one's chances. Far from thrown in off his current mark but conditions will suit and he's got a decent draw today. The same headgear combination as last year is on again today and I think he'll run well.

Re: BBOTD Sat 1st June Epsom 4.00 - festive cheers - EW at 25/1 bog bet365 Represents the french derby trial form He's one of O'Briens but ran his trial in france finishing 3rd in a head bob finish in the group 2 Hocquart One of the others in the head bob had won the group 2 Noailles, the other main french Derby trial The third horse involved in the head bob had previously finished 2nd to Ocovango, beaten just over a length. Ocovango subsequently won the group 2 Grefuhle That looks like really solid Derby trial form and puts Festive Cheer about a length or so behind Ocovango who's currently best price 9/1.

Re: BBOTD Sat 1st June 240 Epsom - Chapter Seven - 150/1 - 365, VC, SJ, Lads (EW) Bear with me - I'm sure I can make a case for this one if I try hard enough!! Not sure how the place betting works for the comp and not enough time to find out I'm afraid. TO BE CLEAR - the most likely scenario is that this pacemaker goes off too fast and tires in the last 3f with the jockey lookng after it as it inevitabely finishes 5th..... However, let's just assume he finds some stamina from somewhere - it's not conclusive he won't stay the trip.... He actually ran a better race ratings wise last time out than both Chamonix and Joshua Tree. If they don't give their best today then I only need one of the big 2 to not come out of the stalls or whatever.... In short - no chance really but have seen many, many worse 150/1 shots! Good Luck to all playing more sensibly! 37/1 for the place and true odds must be shorter....

240 Epsom - Chapter Seven - 150/1 - 365, VC, SJ, Lads (EW) Bear with me - I'm sure I can make a case for this one
Don't worry mate you're not the only one interested in how Chapter Seven runs today. It's also been flagged today on my system, one can at least hope that it places. Best of luck!

Don't worry mate you're not the only one interested in how Chapter Seven runs today. It's also been flagged today on my system' date=' one can at least hope that it places. Best of luck![/quote'] Cheers - suspect it's needed! 50/1 on course... Ha ha! I see a small glimmer of hope!! GL to you too :)

Re: BBOTD Sat 1st June 7.55 HAADEETH 7/4 win Paddy Power Ran two grades higher than this last time out at Goodwood on the turf, back down in this sort of company this front runner ought to go in again over the minimum trip and back on the surface he won on in April. Man of the moment Hughes takes the ride again. Turned out again quickly which is another positive.

Re: BBOTD Sat 1st June 5.35 Musselburgh Reposer and Snow Bay are the only front runners in this field and draw has been kinder to Snow Bay in stall 6 so for that reason I fancy him in this race. He has found his form again this spring for his new trainer and this jockey, was an impressive winner at Thirsk winning comfortably ahead of the useful bench mark of Al Freej before being worn down late last time out by just a nose on fast ground. Wont mind the slight cut in the fast ground tonight and a 3lb rise obviously demands more but has won off a mark of 87 at his best so remains well treated off 83 and is likely to go well again. Also has 3 runs at this track running well 2 times including a win off 82. 1pt win Snow Bay 4/1 vc

Re: BBOTD Sat 1st June Aidymac with a 3/1 shot is the only winner so far plus a couple of places:ok Still to run;

Seeking Magic 5.25 Epsom Downs - 1pt Win - 9/1 @Bet365 - BOG Adam Kirby comes to Epsom for 2 rides his ride in the 2.05 looks to have no chance with the field. So that makes me think he has come to Epsom to ride this one , this horse won a 12 runner event at Leicester last month and looks a horse on the up comes here with every chance from a plum draw.
615 Worcester: Garryleigh 5/4 Bet365/SJ Won a Point, was second in a bumper and has now been second three times over hurdles, it may be that he wants a trip to show his best but the last run at Towcester was a good one behind Twelve Roses and beats anything on offer here. The danger looks to be the Irish horse Dance Floor King and Colm Murphy makes the trip with just one horse so has to be respected, it keeps the price the right side of evens and happy to take him on.
7.55 HAADEETH 7/4 win Paddy Power Ran two grades higher than this last time out at Goodwood on the turf, back down in this sort of company this front runner ought to go in again over the minimum trip and back on the surface he won on in April. Man of the moment Hughes takes the ride again. Turned out again quickly which is another positive.
5.35 Musselburgh Reposer and Snow Bay are the only front runners in this field and draw has been kinder to Snow Bay in stall 6 so for that reason I fancy him in this race. He has found his form again this spring for his new trainer and this jockey, was an impressive winner at Thirsk winning comfortably ahead of the useful bench mark of Al Freej before being worn down late last time out by just a nose on fast ground. Wont mind the slight cut in the fast ground tonight and a 3lb rise obviously demands more but has won off a mark of 87 at his best so remains well treated off 83 and is likely to go well again. Also has 3 runs at this track running well 2 times including a win off 82. 1pt win Snow Bay 4/1 vc