** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tour De France

Why was the ITV4 (UK Tour De France broadcaster) commentator saying '....Cavendish won't be beaten from there' date='' or something along those lines? Not a very helpful or clever comment when people have sums of money invested in the outcome and one which I'm a bit annoyed about.[/quote'] To be fair ...as we have said, I think you will find that's the first time its happened, and the commentator was pro CAV,,,,Kittel is the knew kid on the block, were sprinting is concerned.

Why was the ITV4 (UK Tour De France broadcaster) commentator saying '....Cavendish won't be beaten from there,' or something along those lines? Not a very helpful or clever comment when people have sums of money invested in the outcome and one which I'm a bit annoyed about.
Phil has said that every time cav hits the front because until yesterday he was never beaten when hits the front. I struggle to see what difference it makes though as impossible to get a bet on that late in the stage. Sent from my GT-I8190N using PL Forum

Re: Tour De France Interesting stage today... however that minute witch Contador take against Froome means noting to me , because there is one more clock stage in witch Froome will take once atleast a minute advantage. So all comes to the stages on Sunday and Tuesday.

Re: Tour De France What a stage that was and I finally made the right decision in running as I backed Cav at 11/10 once Kittel was dropped. Luckily he just got on when Saxo Bank made their move. Today really did ram home what a poor team Sky have at this year's Tour, granted injury has not helped but they are nowhere near as strong as last year and Froome is going to have to do it alone. I thought Moviestar were the strongest team so it is massive that they now can't win the Tour and I still don't think Contador is in good enough form to take advantage of Sky's weakness. I still think Froome will win bar injury.

Re: Tour De France Wow great win and riding from Quickstep and belkin and then saxo. Tomorrow i think it's time for a break away. will take 0.5 points on some strong riders in a break away. fedrigo, Costa, voeckler, gerrans. and 1 point on Sagan, if we see a sprint with 40 riders he will be the strongest sprinter.

Re: Tour De France Fancy a Frenchman will be desperate for the win. Voeckler is the obvious, but I can't work out if he isn't in great form this year or just saving himself for a stage possibly tomorrow's. Not surprisingly he is short in the market though and not sure he is any value. EDIT - Ignore me I thought it was the 14th tomorrow as the big horse race they have on the 14th is tomorrow and not Sunday so I got confused.

Not a great day for me - have Valverde top 3 and Movistar in the team classification :(
What do you make of what balkan did? Thought it was unfair to put the pressure on when they did. Movistar are fuming apparently. Sent from my GT-I8190N using PL Forum

Phil has said that every time cav hits the front because until yesterday he was never beaten when hits the front. I struggle to see what difference it makes though as impossible to get a bet on that late in the stage. Sent from my GT-I8190N using PL Forum
It was just a bit disheartening that's all. I'm not a cycling fan so I was reliant on the commentators to tell me what was going on. So, when a commentator states as a fact 'Cavendish will not be beaten from there' and then a second later he is beaten it's a bit of a let down. Why would you state as a fact something which isn't? It makes no sense for anyone to do that let alone someone who is being paid to commentate on an event.

It was just a bit disheartening that's all. I'm not a cycling fan so I was reliant on the commentators to tell me what was going on. So' date=' when a commentator states as a fact 'Cavendish will not be beaten from there' and then a second later he is beaten it's a bit of a let down. Why would you state as a fact something which isn't? It makes no sense for anyone to do that let alone someone who is being paid to commentate on an event.[/quote'] Lol is this serious on a betting forum

It was just a bit disheartening that's all. I'm not a cycling fan so I was reliant on the commentators to tell me what was going on. So' date=' when a commentator states as a fact 'Cavendish will not be beaten from there' and then a second later he is beaten it's a bit of a let down. Why would you state as a fact something which isn't? It makes no sense for anyone to do that let alone someone who is being paid to commentate on an event.[/quote'] Because every other time he would have been right. Would have thought it was quite easy to see for yourself what was going on though and you don't really need to be a cycling fan to see what's happening in a finish. Sent from my GT-I8190N using PL Forum

Tomorrow i think it's time for a break away. will take 0.5 points on some strong riders in a break away. .
Have to agree with you on this Disposal Bag with 5 Cat 4 climbs and 2 Cat 3 climbs definitely a breakaway day but who is the thing?
I thought Moviestar were the strongest team so it is massive that they now can't win the Tour
Yes this may change the whole tour depending on what way they look at it. They will either just sit each day and just do enough for a stage win or they will try and blow everybody out of the water just to make GC contenders suffer (which I doubt). For todays stage i am going to have something small on a pair that can climb okay and have a sprint finish. Also a pair that are known for breakaways. 0.5 ew @ 34.0 Albasini 0.5 ew @ 67.0 Gallopin 0.5 ew @ 51.0 Bakelants 0.5 ew @ 21.0 Bak Bakelants has shown already that he is good form and Bak from what I read has had this stage marked since the start of the Tour.

Re: Tour De France Definitely feel this should be the first real break stage of the Tour, so looking forward to this keenly. Philippe Gilbert @ 27 - This stage suits him to a tee and with Evans and TJVG out of GC contention he should finally have the freedom to chase a stage win. Pierrick Fedrigo @ 41 - Reliable breakaway winner who has a decent sprint finish. Lars Boom @ 101 - Has been quite aggressive thus far and has the power to solo away from a small break composition

Re: Tour De France Also a pair that are known for breakaways. 0.5 ew @ 34.0 Albasini 0.5 ew @ 67.0 Gallopin 0.5 ew @ 51.0 Bakelants 0.5 ew @ 21.0 Bak Bakelants has shown already that he is good form and Bak from what I read has had this stage marked since the start of the Tour. Great picks 3/4 made the final escape. Unlucky albasini started to sprint to early. Tomorrow finally the big mont ventoux can't wait. Of course everybody wants to attack froome, his team is weak, maybe porte can still help him at the end if he finds his legs again. Movistar will try to make something up after yesterdays stage. With Valverde and quintana in the attack it's hard for froome to counter Every attack. So he must focus on Mollema and Contador. But Mollema has a great sprint if the will finish with a small group. Valverde odds 12 bf Quintana odds. 4 bf mollema odds 20 bf

Re: Tour De France Rolland not likely strong enough to win from head of peleton but he's 25mins down so can see him fighting for the break. Sky team is not the strongest so I doubt they ride for the stage win, if there's a non-threatening group that goes up the road why bother. There's no mountains before Ventoux which makes me think a break has a decent chance today.

Re: Tour De France Fairly flat stage today except for Mont Ventoux at the end. All the main climbers have raced up here before except for Froome who only recently cycled up for the first time in training. Two of todays riders have won a stage here Tony Martin and Valverde (he actually gave the stage to Szmyd). If Valverde goes on an early break will Froome follow? He will have to watch Contador and Mollema which may give Valverde a chance to get away, which Sky may have to ride down. If Sky have to ride it down it could play into Quintana hands. Going to go with 1 Pt Win @ 9.00 Valverde 0.5 ew @ 17.00 Dan Martin 0.5 ew @ 26.00 Andy Schleck

Re: Tour De France Today is a rest day...Back into the Alps tomorrow for some heavy climbs....Should be good over the next few days. CF was excellent yesterday, caught some highlights,,The young Columbian will have another go this week, I reckon.

Re: Tour De France I think Nieve looked strong yestersday and his main goal can be the mountain jersey. Froome and Quintana have no interest in this they want the yellow jersey and win stages. Of course Rolland will try they same but with getting 1 or 2 points on some climbs he will not get there. Nieve king of the mountain. odds 6 4/10 BF Or lay rolland at 5.9 would be good as well

I think Nieve looked strong yestersday and his main goal can be the mountain jersey. Froome and Quintana have no interest in this they want the yellow jersey and win stages. Of course Rolland will try they same but with getting 1 or 2 points on some climbs he will not get there. Nieve king of the mountain. odds 6 4/10 BF Or lay rolland at 5.9 would be good as well
Having got froome and quintana covered in the kotm I am hoping one of them wins it. I still think one of them will do so even though it isn't their main target. I think quintana will want to go for a stage victory at some point. Sent from my GT-I8190N using PL Forum

Re: Tour De France Today we have 2 Cat 2 climbs and a Cat 3 climb. The unusual thing about the final climb of the day is that it is famous for its descent and not its ascent.To make things more difficult rain is forecast in that area about finish time. After watching Froome on Sunday the race must be over so Contador must have to go for a stage win somewhere but where ?

Re: Tour De France a small ew on Michal Kwiatkowski....Strong young rider who has everything for this stage, good climber, good sprinter, good tt...I reckon he will give it a real go to get back the Young Rider...NQ may have it, but I reckon this kid will give it a go today....25/1 WH:ok

Re: Tour De France agree we should see a break away, so let's give it another try. Chavanel and gilbert looks to me like two favourites today, both of them did a good climb of the mont vertoux and showed some form. And they know how to finish big stages. Chavanel odds 11.5 BF Gilbert odds 12 BF Don't think movistar let kwiatkowski go and protect the white jersey quintana. other outsiders for today. Gerrans odds 29 BF Vichot odds 90 BF terpsta odds 100 BF Degenkolb finish top three odds odds 20 unibet