** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Re: Tour De France

Back to the boring sprint races today and it is very hard to get away from the big boys in a stage that has one Cat 4 climb. There is not one corner in the last 5km of the day so it maybe a day for the power sprinters. Kittel and Greipel have the better lead outs so they will be my picks for the day. 2 Pt Win Greipel @ 3.75 1 Pt ew Kittel @ 9.0
Not sure where you got the no corner thing but you got the winner. Cav will be fuming again, almost think he would be better doing things by himself

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tour De France Seems to be 50/50 on people saying the crash was Cav's fault or not. Veelers is saying is saying it was Cav's fault. My view is it was a bit of both and the right decision has been made as Cav has not been relegated. As much as I like Cav I have to say the taking of the reporters recorder was pretty petty and out of order.

Seems to be 50/50 on people saying the crash was Cav's fault or not. Veelers is saying is saying it was Cav's fault. My view is it was a bit of both and the right decision has been made as Cav has not been relegated. As much as I like Cav I have to say the taking of the reporters recorder was pretty petty and out of order.
I don't mind that...Its high emotion, They work bloody hard, and don't get me wrong get paid well, but some reporters do get up their noses....asking some stupid questions, not sure it was that here, but it matters to them, he is a winner and it matters to him.....But I agree, 6 of 1 half dozen of the other, at 40k plus, the slightest touch or mistake can be fatal, I don't think anyone should be blamed here....Just move on.

I don't mind that...Its high emotion' date=' They work bloody hard, and don't get me wrong get paid well, but some reporters do get up their noses....asking some stupid questions, not sure it was that here, but it matters to them, he is a winner and it matters to him.....But I agree, 6 of 1 half dozen of the other, at 40k plus, the slightest touch or mistake can be fatal, I don't think anyone should be blamed here....Just move on.[/quote'] The reporter just asked him if he thought the crash was his fault, hardly a question that shouldn't have been asked. From the interview I have seen Cav suggests that if he had of won the stage they would have demoted him.

The reporter just asked him if he thought the crash was his fault' date=' hardly a question that shouldn't have been asked. From the interview I have seen Cav suggests that if he had of won the stage they would have demoted him.[/quote'] I know were your coming from m8...But maybe they should do what they do in footie etc, over 1/2 hour cooling off period to talk to people around them...Id be in a coma...if I tried to do it, so they would nt get an answer,,:rollin

Re: Tour De France Stage 10....Time Trial,,,,Why Tony Martin is so short, I just don't know......1/2 or shorter in most places...Ridiculous price, considering how wind direction, can have a massive bearing on the result, the tougher it gets, the less likely he wins, yes it more or less pretty flat, but at such a very short price ..im a layer of this guy

Stage 10....Time Trial' date=',,,Why Tony Martin is so short, I just don't know......1/2 or shorter in most places...Ridiculous price, considering how wind direction, can have a massive bearing on the result, the tougher it gets, the less likely he wins, yes it more or less pretty flat, but at such a very short price ..im a layer of this guy[/quote'] He deserves to be this short. Like I say even with the injuries he should win this fairly comfortably. Only Froome should really be able to get anywhere near him

He deserves to be this short. Like I say even with the injuries he should win this fairly comfortably. Only Froome should really be able to get anywhere near him
Far to short for me here, 2/1 against on the lay..He may win but im not on board at this 4/9(average) price.

Re: Tour De France I'm actually backing Martin here. His starting position isn't optimal, but I still think him not winning will require either an absolutely incredible ride by Froome or an accident for Martin. To be honest, I was expecting sub-1.40s, so I'm happy to take 1.44 with Coral. Think it's at least a fair price, and actually a few ticks too high.

Quick time for Martin which should be hard to beat.
Yes good time,,,but some strong riders remain...If he wins he wins, I just thought at 4/9 ish was poor,,just my opinion....Im concentrating more on Cricket at the mo,,so ill have to let it ride,,,not much halm done if he wins. GL

Re: Tour De France Just before I get back to the CRicket.....CAV apparently got booed at the start...and items thrown at him along the way and people getting across his riding line...THE TOUR NEED TO GET IT OUT LOUD N CLEAR..And show both coming off a racing line..so therefore just one of those things....If they don't,,could turn NASTY in the mountains....Would withdraw him if it did.

Re: Tour De France Stage 12 Another day for the sprinters with this stage having a 450m spin in. I think this stage may suit Mark Cavendish (depending on his mental form) over Greipel and Kittel as they prefer a long sprint finish. Don't think there will be a breakaway so i am going to look for better prices than the 2.0 for Cav, so, 1 ew @ 12.0 P.Sagan 1 ew @ 151.0 M.Kwiatkowski

Stage 12 Another day for the sprinters with this stage having a 450m spin in. I think this stage may suit Mark Cavendish (depending on his mental form) over Greipel and Kittel as they prefer a long sprint finish. Don't think there will be a breakaway so i am going to look for better prices than the 2.0 for Cav, so, 1 ew @ 12.0 P.Sagan 1 ew @ 151.0 M.Kwiatkowski
Another stage were by there could be problems in the last 1km ,,,,No bet for me, KWIATKOWSKI not a bad shout at the odds..GL

Thank you for a lot of good tips so far in the TdF. But what du you mean by "ew"? Each way? Are you betting on Sagan to finish 1st' date=' 2nd or 3rd?[/quote'] that's correct:D....12/1 if he wins, 3/1 if he finishes 2nd or 3rd....add together for your return...but just 3/1 if he finishes 2nd or 3rd...................i.e 1 point ew at 12/1 would cost you 2 points...but if he won...you would receive 17 points.......if he was only 2nd or 3rd....you would receive 4 points...:D

that's correct:D....12/1 if he wins' date=' 3/1 if he finishes 2nd or 3rd....add together for your return...but just 3/1 if he finishes 2nd or 3rd...................i.e 1 point ew at 12/1 would cost you 2 points...but if he won...you would receive 17 points.......if he was only 2nd or 3rd....you would receive 4 points...:D[/quote'] Thanks! :)

12 seconds victory in the end....That's close in a TT' date=' for a big odds on, but well done to the backers.[/quote'] Was still the 3rd fastest time-trial in Tour history though. Think it just goes to prove what an effort it was from Froome and what sort of form he is in.

Re: Tour De France What about this idea? Was bradley Wiggins as good last year as the result shows. I think the TT won it last year for Wiggins. if Froome had cycled away that day Wiggins was gone. Whether Wiggins is injured or not he would have been no advantage to Froome this year and that is why he pulled out. He would have been shown up as a domestique for Froome. Rant over.

What about this idea? Was bradley Wiggins as good last year as the result shows. I think the TT won it last year for Wiggins. if Froome had cycled away that day Wiggins was gone. Whether Wiggins is injured or not he would have been no advantage to Froome this year and that is why he pulled out. He would have been shown up as a domestique for Froome. Rant over.
Reading between the lines Wiggins didn't ride the Tour because he didn't want to ride for Froome as they don't get on. Wiggins will ride for you if he likes you (Cav at the Worlds and Olympics is a great example of this) but he would rather not ride the race than fake that he is happy to help Froome.

Re: Tour De France I don't think I have ever seen Cav beaten when he is in front. It makes me think that Kittel might just be the better sprinter now. Looks like EBH won't be able to continue as he has fractured his shoulder.

Re: Tour De France I thought Kittel would be fav for tomorrow's after today's win so a little surprised to see Cav as the market leader again. Griepel might be the play e/w but my luck is really out as I have only backed one stage winner all tour! I backed Kittel the only time he wasn't in a sprint and didn't back Cav the only time he has one. I think Kittel is the one to beat now though.

Re: Tour De France Why was the ITV4 (UK Tour De France broadcaster) commentator saying '....Cavendish won't be beaten from there,' or something along those lines? Not a very helpful or clever comment when people have sums of money invested in the outcome and one which I'm a bit annoyed about.